Janulicious July #3 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
CHICAGO??? Um, a little more info, please?! LOL on the kitchen scene Lisa. I actually thought you were tie dyeiung the KITCHEN - like the wall paper or something. I need some sleep. :LOL Sounds like a pretty good party going there. Chicago, btw, is even further. (but closer to Jessi and Jess)

Ok - reiki sent to two people. I'll do some on my midnight nurse for you Lisa - you'll appreciate that, eh!? I sort of doubt I can keep up with all this for very long, though. I am in a mild funky place right now myself. I am hating my body. I don't fit my clothes. I don't like my face. I don't want to swim and be in public. I don't love myself very much right now. It's only ONE part of me, and I AM a complex person (thank god for THAT, EH?), but it's so hard to stay positive when it's just not right... I do really love myself, I've done so much healing there over the past 10 yrs., and I feel secure, I just want to start feeling like this is my body again. I'm even willing to share it with Orin for a while longer, like another 2 yrs. if he wants, but I've GOT to stop looking like a balloon. I'm normally 5'7" and about 140lbs. I'd take 160 right now and be HAPPY! I can hide some weight really well, actually. I'd just like to be able to wear a size 14 comfortably again. This barely fitting into 16's is driving me NUTS!!! This isn't really about size, for the big mamas of this group. I am NOT size biased at all. And I never look at anyone ELSE and think they should lose or gain or whatever (though sometimes I wonder why they would choose to wear those clothes LOL). ANYWAY, doing 3 reiki's a night is a lot, so I will start to rotate some, and do one every night, if that's ok.Karen, I felt your dad really open through his sternum tonight. I sent him a LOT of reiki, whereas the past few nights I've spent a lot of time opening the pathway to him. Tonight he was very open and receiving. I hope it's a really good sign!!!

Heidi - what an incredible journey you are on. I really admire your ability to walk the talk. It's such a hard road, really, and you are working SO hard on it - I'm sure you will be feeling a lot of stuff about it all. I'm so glad you feel you can share with us. It's a great way for me to reflect on where I'm at, reading where you have traveled. Congratulations on getting something happening at the hospital!! That's a BRUTAL battle! It's great that you know some other people w/in the system there that may be able to provide some back up. Whew!! Not going it alone makes that part of the journey somewhat less fraught with emotion, I'd say. Keep on rockin, mama!!! You are doing SO WELL!!! finding someone else to listen in the mw role was a breakthrough, I'd say. I did some of that w/ the mw's that we worked with birthing Orin. They were the most amazing people... for a gift I gave them a box of tea and a new mug...I think I'm still looking for what inspires me to consume for them. They are very low end consumers (they are your happy freeccycler picker-upper LOL). SO, long story short - keep it up. And keep us in the loop. We all want to support you in whatever ways we can. And please, send the catalog!! Just one will do...

Ok, I'm beat. I'll see ya'll tomorrow!!! Happy pm's to all and to all a happyp.m.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#482 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 04:43 AM

Luka took 4 naps today but then he fussed and fussed all through dinner and so I nursed him to sleep at 7:30 woke again at 8 (normal for him) but wouildn't nurse back to sleep. now he's practicing crawling on the bed- half of the time chewing on his thumb- likely another tooth is coming. poor baby. teeth hurt.

hey Andy- by ALL means take time for yourself!!!! I certainly appreciate the reiki to my papa, but only as it's OK for you. He sounded in very good spirits when I spoke to him tonight. He'd been having issues with low bp (he has hypertension and takes meds for it), and hasn't been feeling well. bnut they took him off the meds and he's "exercising", i.e. pt.
I sooo hear you on the body image issues. it's not a matter of how you measure up to others, but how you feel yourself. I won't say what my size is, because it's relatively small, but the point is that it's bigger than what I've been for years, none of my clothes fit, and I don't feel like myself completely. it's not a good feeling. I put so many clothes away but I still have tons sitting here in my drawers and closet that are waaay to tight or don't even make it past my thighs (which my grandma from Czechoslovakia calls "tights":LOL)
Anyhow... point of all that? I can relate and take care of yourself mama.

Michelle- what do your mama instincts tell you about how Kaia's doing? she sounds fabulous to me (us!), but thenonly you know. I know your confidence was sadly shaken early on.... we all just wann do what's right for our little ones, eh?

what will I do with this baby? the rest of the males are gone. R and papa at the movies and N at a sleep-over. oh.... he's acting tired. I think we'll go out on the lanai to the swing. it's great for putting him to sleep. I've been listening to a great story on tape and am so relaxed about how long it takes to swing him down when I'm engaged in the story with my headphones on (or one on, anyways). I still manage to hum to him while doing it.
oooh, throwing head back. definitely time to sleep
good night
#483 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 12:07 PM

Morning Mamas

Well I've had QUITE the morning. Treated to my first spider bite in the South, y'all .... man, it hurts!!! I threw a big comforter on the floor of our laundry shed (just outside the back door, attached to the house but separate) the other day.... stoooooopid move. Then today I stepped on it when I was doing laundry ( ) and OUCH!!! I know it wasn't a black widow ~ it was brown (saw the little bugger before he booted it outta there) and I *think* too small for a brown recluse (unless it was a baby). Well, looking online, there are 50+ aggressive, venomous spiders that don't cause major damage but hurt.... yup, a LOT!!! Wowzers. So I'm in spider-bite-watch mode the next day or so.

Karen, your night sounds peaceful I like the idea of listening to a book on tape! It helps so much to have something you like doing while waiting for these bambinos to drift off ~ I learned that with Tess when I would "fakey sleep" while she'd nurse... and nurse... and nurse.... it drove me BONKERS!!! Now I read, although with Brynn that doesn't work so well ~ Miss Busy Fingers tries to take the book! Luckily, she tends to just go to sleep most nights.
I think you describe how I feel re: the whole weight/size issue. I know that most people are annoyed or p'sha! me when I mention that I'm not that comfortable with how fit I am. It's not about the # on the scale or dress size, it's how I *feel*. Fitness is the biggest part, for me. I am so keen on getting back in tone ~ to feel in my own skin again.

Miss B says NO MORE TYPING!! Off I go.
#484 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Kathy - you actually do inspire me... you are SO active with those two girls. Yesterdays 'walk' was like 3 1/2 miles and I jogged about 15- 20% of it. I felt so good when I got home, although today I am SORE! Maybe some yoga is in order for today I'd love to swim but I got AF and she's heavy I don't love swimming even on a good day. It's not encouraging. Besides, I hate tampons. Oh well. Maybe I'll do some tramp jumping today. I feel exhausted after a good 15 or 20 minute jump session.

Karen - thanks Usually it feels really good to send Reiki, and it does even when I have to kind of 'motivate' myself to do it...yk, thinking about someone OTHER than me for a minute. It's sort of like volunteering - makes me feel better even when I don't think it will

Yeah, this whole body image thing sucks. I tried really hard last time to lose weight - gave up everything but the junk food! So this time I'm seriously going to get down with myself and eat well, exersize daily (even if it;s just sit-ups), and really try to make myself FEEL good. The rest in time, I figure (bad pun).

Tme to make rice-flour pancakes. We made the BEST cookies yesterday! If anyone wants the recipe, it's easy enough. No wheat, no dairy, no soy. Caio!! Andy

#485 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 01:00 PM

G'morning mamas!

I was going to go start a new thread since we're at 25 pages, but then I realized it's almost Aug. and it'll wait.

Andy, I totally forgot about asking you to do that... and so far this morning I haven't pitter pattered very much at all. Amazing But yah, like Karen said, focus on you first.

Chicago - well I was on the phone w/dh the other day while he was in LA and he says bossman has been working on a major project with the city of Chi (boss is in Chi, guys are all over the country) and that he'd rather move the guys from Cleveland to Chi than hire new guys in Chi for the job. Since the Cleveland job is steady income to the company, he'd hire some new guys here on a contract basis - as long as the NASA work was there, they had jobs, if the contract goes, no job kind of thing.

SO he wants to move us and another family out there. The 3rd guy in Cleve. moved out there last year. I told dh I'd go, seeing as my entire life has been spent in Ohio and it sucks here! Dh says it's not where he wants to move forever, but it's a nice step on the way to somewhere west of here. And it's $39 for a flight or a 6 hr drive to see our families, not so bad. So we'll see. It only happens if the city of Chi contract is finalized and then we have to figure out how to move.. I'm guessing maybe in the spring?

Got a baby shower today, dyed the mama 8 prefolds and got her a cover, but of course since I was out of town I'm way behind, the dipes are just rinsing now and I have to dry them and wrap the gift in the next 90 min.

Shower time

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#486 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yay Lisa! I'll send some more tonight. Maybe we can load you up and get the pattern into a good place, yk, and it'll stay for a while... one can hope, eh?! Sounds like a great mamasprinkle giftie brewing in your kitchen there

OUCH on the spidey bite Kathy. OUCH OUCH OUCH!!! I hate spider bites. I usually use a comfrey, garlic and parsley compress with almond oil. Just to soothe it and draw out the itchie/ouchie stuff. I hope it is ok :

Off to do some (gag) shopping. Bye! Oh, have any of us bought title nine bras? Are they to size?

#487 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
I am hating my body. I don't fit my clothes. I don't like my face. I don't want to swim and be in public. I don't love myself very much right now. It's only ONE part of me, and I AM a complex person (thank god for THAT, EH?), but it's so hard to stay positive when it's just not right... I do really love myself, I've done so much healing there over the past 10 yrs., and I feel secure, I just want to start feeling like this is my body again. I'm even willing to share it with Orin for a while longer, like another 2 yrs. if he wants, but I've GOT to stop looking like a balloon. I'm normally 5'7" and about 140lbs. I'd take 160 right now and be HAPPY! I can hide some weight really well, actually. I'd just like to be able to wear a size 14 comfortably again. This barely fitting into 16's is driving me NUTS!!! This isn't really about size, for the big mamas of this group. I am NOT size biased at all. And I never look at anyone ELSE and think they should lose or gain or whatever
Sounds lso much like me. I vacilate between being determined to lose some weight by eating healthy, not "dieting". Then I find myself stressed out and eating chocolate 6 days out of 7. I know that eating treats in and of itself is NOT a bad thing...but I do it so often. So, I never lose the 30some pounds I want to. And then I think: F it! There is nothing wrong with the way I look. Society has just skewed my body image. But then I glimps myself in the mirror and the cycle starts over again.

I really worry sometimes because i am a mama to two girls, and I don't want them to model dieting/image obsessed behavior from me. But it is churning under the surface all the time. bah!
#488 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 04:10 PM

I'm stressed about my weight too, but I KNOW I can't do anything about it right now.

Karen, I can't hear my instincts over the clamor of fear. I can't decide if I'm just scared or if my obsession with wanting to EBF is making me see good signs where there aren't any. I know when Kaia is gaining well, she has 12-16 wets a day, not 8-12. And she still won't poop. I just don't know.

Kathy, as far as the spider bite goes, plantain is a common weed all over the US. It is easy to identify, and is the best thing to draw out poison from bites and stings. Every mama should know it. Pick a leaf, chew it up and spit the macerated pulp back out on the bite. It grows in lawns in parks and playgrounds and is something quick you can do to ease a bee sting. There are 2 varieties, one longer and skinnier than the one in the link and both work well.
#489 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 04:11 PM

ooh Kathy- sorry to hear about the spider bite- I agree, they're nasty. Have you put any baking soda on it? it can help draw out the venom too. Interestingly my dad was telling me that when the paramedics came to get him from his house, they asked if he had been bitten by a spider-- I guess the symtpms can mimic a stroke??

and no, my evening did not turn out to be peaceful. Luka stayed up way late. the boys came home and he was still up. I didn't get to sleep until after 11. then I woke up at midnight and found myself furiously scratching my thighs- like rip skin off scratching. so i got up, put on some cream, and took one of these darned antihistamines that the doc gave me. they work,but I woke up with a serious hangover and could barely open my eyes from it. :

lisa- the move sounds like it could be good... but bummer to move away from your super supportive folks. it's always fun to try something different anyways.

body image YUCK. I HATE that it's even an issue for us. I'd be happy though to be where I used to be before Luka, eventhough that wasn't perfect either. yeah. how hard not to pass on this crap to daughters....

Luka needs me
#490 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 04:13 PM

Wow, Michelle thanks! I was hoping you might pop on today and have an idea We have a veritable jungle in our backyard, so I'm going to go poking around for some plantain (& hopefully NOT come out with another spider bite... :LOL)
#491 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 04:14 PM

Andy I hear you on the body image thing. I think the thing that bothers me the most the the chunk of flabby fat that hangs down ove the top of my undies I just try not to think about it. At least our babes are small so everyone thinks they're younger, so that the "I just had a baby" excuse still works
Char I worry about the whole dieting/thinness obsessed thing now too. I do not want to passthat on to Miss E, things are so much easier with boys.

We've got to go food shopping. We're out of water, have a tablespoon (maybe) of milk, no eggs, nothing but milk (yuck) to drink and only an artichoke for veggies. So we're oing to go to tj than the regualr grocery.

Jeni I hope you're feeling better today

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#492 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 04:34 PM

Kathy, look IN the lawn and around leaky hoses/faucets. That is where I find it.
#493 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 04:49 PM

Kathy- ouchie on spider bite, eeks!
Thanks for that tip Michelle

Lisa- Chicago sounds better than Ohio. But yeah moving from family is tough but you wouldn't be too far. Larry lived in Chicago for awhile and we are hopefully heading out there next summer! Hey maybe we could meet up if you are there

Body image- yeah I used to have big hang ups about it. I weighed in at 155 in junior high and was wearing a size 16 back then It's taking me a long time to accept who I am and what I look like. I still want to lose more weight and get in better shape just for health reasons and hoping it will physcially make me feel better. I am now down to 151, my lowest since before junior high!! I hope to instill on my girls a confidence about their appearance no matter what they look like and that being a barbie sized figure isn't necessary.
#494 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom
being a barbie sized figure isn't necessary.
HA! Yes. This is SO true. AND for whatever reason, she IS a barbie sized figure right now... but I was back then, too. SO - I think that Mar actually hit it on the head for me. It's a circular problem for me that is all about IMAGE and it's almost all in my head. When I SEE myself, it isn't the MYSELF that I think of as myself. So seeing this OTHER myself brings up a bunch of emotions like failure, guilt, self-hatred (well, not THAT bad, but dislike, certainly). For me it's NOT about growing up to look like Miss. International or anything. I don't need to flatter myself thinking I'd ever look awesome in a lbd size 6 with strappies. Some of us can, but that's not me. I just want to FEEL good about who I am, what I am, and what I feel like. And getting into a swimsuit shouldn't put me into that kind of spin. It just shouldn't. done.

Thanks for listening mamas. Jerry TOTALLY doesn't get this stuff. Neither do most of my charmed life friends. Actually, I don't have very many friends in this place at all here, so it's really awesome to have women to share this with who understand and have compassion. It's just a piece of the puzzle, but it's not inconsequential, if you kwim.

#495 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Oh Karen - what did R and dh see yesterday at the movies?

#496 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 06:15 PM

For me, the body image stuff isn't about weight, or even about what I eat, but more about being active and fit. I had Luka and then I just sat on my butt. seriously. then i joined on the 1000 minute challenge and felt a lot better, but knew I needed more. now I've had a vacation and a rash that's keeping me indoors (sweating makes it itch more) and I'm feeling slothful again. sigh..... there's always SOMETHING!

Michelle- I figured you'd feel that wieght (on the instincts thing). I just have to say that I can't truly imagine a healthy baby not letting you know that she's hungry. perhaps instead of weighing her weekly, you could say, give it a month (unless of course she gets fussy and and crying and SEEMs hungry) and then weigh her. I think that at this point, their weight gain isn't as steady and predictable.

plantain is awesome. i don't have any growing in my yard, and it's not as prolific here as on thje mainland, but still great.
#497 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
Oh Karen - what did R and dh see yesterday at the movies?
they went to see the Hitchhiker's Guide. It's playing at the dollar theater.
#498 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 07:06 PM

Whee that was fun. Lotsa dipes for this mama. She got a big basket of all kinds of cool stuff, hemp, kissaluvs, a huge sampler, etc. I have dipe envy

Lauren finally napping, she was really fighting me on that. And dh is STILL in the basement. I swear, it's not like he even came home, he's just down there working. Always nice to see your spouse for an hour each week. :P

Going to clean. Need to clean. Don't even wanna touch the body image discussion, I'm the kid who intentionally tried to gain weight in middle school so I could have boobs (after mom said "boobs are just fat") and have been fighting to lose the weight ever since. Turkey diet helped, but I'm still at least 15 over where I think I might be comfortable in my skin.

#499 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Where's that GREEN WITH ENVY smilie!!! 15 would be awesome, though I know what you mean. Not feeling in love with myself is the bummer, not the number of lbs. YAY! on the yummy diape basket. I got a kissaluv in a swap and it's too big, but YUMMY!!! Our dr. apt is in 2 weeks. I hope this little fella seriously gains some weight in the next couple of weeks. I'm afraid the doc is going to push formula. sigh.

I'm going to go now and do 10 sun salutations in the backyard. They ALWAYS make me feel better. Karen - I will send you some Reiki tonight. I think it helped, when I was sending your dad reiki before I had his pic and I had your image in my mind...I think some of it got diverted to you...LOL

#500 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 07:16 PM

baaaad pharmaceuticals. I wouldn't have touched pills some years ago and now look at where it got me. took that stupid antihistamine at midnight. it's now 11:15 and I am STILL groggy, despite taking an hour long nap in the am. ugh. my head feels like it's full of cotton balls!!!
Andy- your'e a saint.
oh, and Luka was wearing his shirt you sent surf-scuba-swim and dh was just cracking up. he loves it
#501 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 07:31 PM

Oh yah, what's the significance of In'n'out burgers? Dh brought me a t-shirt like it was a special prize. And his coworker sent some shell necklaces for me from Q.A. - I think I like coworker better

Having crap for dinner - hotdogs, chips, grapes, and other misc. crap from around the house.

Dh STILL in the basement, still on the phone. I should leave and see if he even notices. Heck,I was gone for almost 4 hrs today and he didn't seem to know.

#502 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 07:41 PM

My body image stuff is hard to talk about with DH because he has F-ed up ideas from our culture about what a "hot mama" should look like too. So, while he is respectful and loving enough NOT to EVER say anything negative, I know that he would find me much more attractive if I lost 30 pounds. ( Heck, even if I lost 15 pounds, it would make a big difference. I'm pretty short.) We just don't talk about it. He encourages me to work out and tries to make it possible for me to find the time to do so. He rarely gains weight andloses it reallyh easily, plus he is tall, plus he has never been pregnant, so he can't really understand how hard it is to lose the kind of weight I want to lose.

This last pregnancy (third for me) really changed the way I am shaped too. I used to hold almost all my excess weight in my butt, thighs, and boobs. This time I have a gut that won't go away too. I feel like I look like I am 3-4 months pregnant. It just won't shrink. My stomach muscles are totally shot.

I've been so crazy busy that i was hoping I would eat less, but instead I just binge more when I get home. Sucks.

Two babies born this week though! I blogged about it if you want to see the details.

Best go be a good mama now.
#503 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 07:46 PM

I dunno about In-n-Out burgers. My brothers live-in girlfriend (who is a vegetarian like me) raves about them(hold the meat), and the folks at the office I used to work at used to drive 30 miles round trip to get them for lunch. Freaks! I've had them, and they are Ok, but still, nothing to buy a souvenir T-Shirt over. Now Nation's on the other hand, they have the best fast food veggieburger I have ever tasted. ( the best veggie burger ever prize goes to the Tower Cafe in Sacramento. They also win best Chili Rellenos, best Napoleon, best chocolate cake, cheesecake, spice cake and abotu 6 other desserts. If you ever go to Sacramento, eat there. It is fabulous. They have meat too, but lots of veggie stuff.)
#504 of 535 Old 07-30-2005, 11:10 PM

Hi! Sucks 'bout the spider bite Kathy!

Jeni, I hope you are out there- don't shut dwon and tune out, you have support here.

MAr, nice to see you chatting.

Lisa, that's cool you'd be up for a move, Chicago has a happening birth scene, probably a cool mothers scene too. If its so cheap to fly home, and a pretty close drive, moving from mom won't be so bad. Glad the shower was fun. Pretty weird we don't have the new babies anymore, huh?

How was the hitchhiker movie KAren, we got Lemony Snicket for tonight on DVD, I was avoiding movie I wanted to see in third trimester so I'd have good rentals now

Andy- Remember the Red Tent- periods are a women's healing time- the hormones of bleeding time make you go inward, for self reflecting and inner psychic wortk...this is a time to do your own inner work, esp since it's so new since Orin's been born. Try to hold off on doing the reiki until you are not bleeding- it's like you are on inhale now and reiki is exhale. Just do the inhale/inspire/ and keep your energy to yourself in this time, huh? I appreciate your healing vibes...but you need them for yourself now, esp if your on the rag. Thanks for acknowleding that you like hearing about my healing, its hard to have a "problem" and I feel like a whiner sometimes that I still hurt, that I'm still traumatized, like there's a time limit on how long we're allowed to hurt or something.

I talked to an awesome rehab clinic today. I signed up to get an eval of my records and a physical so I can start a physical therapy program next Thursday. The lady who owns it/the therapist shared a space in my courtyard at the birth center for a while, and I went to check her out because she's a block from the birth center in a building she just restored. I really feel like she'll help me on my back issues. She specialized in "people who fall through the cracks" in pain and rehab- doing holistic exercise/therapy/ nutrition/and craniosacral. She does elders after orthopedic surgury, kids with Cerebral palsy, and postpartum athletes. She was intimidating at first casue she's got that brutey stance of the super fit. I didn't think I'd like her, but her eyes are actaully soft and smart. She's just really buff.

I went to the beach today and told DH, who gratefully doesn't seem to care too much how I look now (but has expressed he hopes Idon't get obese like my mom, but alweays tells me I'm beutiful ) that I must be deluded cause I don't feel25-30lbs overweight- I don't feel as fat in my suit as I thought Iwould at this weigh- I felt toatally fine walking around in just my suit. I 'm not in great shape, but I really don't carry a big psychic burden over it. I would love to be in better health, and fit in some of my clothers, and I'm wearing one of those sizes I thought I'd never, ever wear.....but maybe it's good for all my preggo aquanatalers to see their midwfe's postpartum saggy and strech marked tummy sneek out of my tankini everynow and then., and see me carry on like it's nothing. Perhaps my confidence in my chub is inspiring!

Anyhoo....Gonna go eat and watch Lemony! Heidi
#505 of 535 Old 07-31-2005, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Howdy mamas - well, loong day here. And at 9:40 little miss comes creeping down the stairs...it's enough to blow one's lid, I tell ya. I told her to go get a book of her bookshelf and read until she falls asleep. I'd turn off her light LOL. Still debating on the backpacks over here. I am SO unable to make a decision. Thanks Heidi on the inward-spection reminder. I do forget... I sent a little reiki to Karen, who just NEEDS it and doesn't mind a little extra blood on it, I think LOL! But that's it for tonight mamas. Dh came home early, around 3ish, and I gotta say Lisa, he's HOME. He was carrying the baby around, mowing the lawn, cooked dinner (yummy curry). He didn't put anyone to bed, or clean anything up, but his being home is still just fresh enough that it doesn't bother me. Tomorrow, however... I hope R. smartens up, silly bub.

How's that spidey bite Kathy?

Jeni - you still love us?

Karen - I enjoyed HHGTTG, I'm guessing GB did for old times sake, didn't 'cause the fx kinda sucked, but R. may have, 'cause it is an unusual story that has some depth (ok, not much, but a little - enough for a 12 - 15 yo.).

Mar - DO you find time to exercise? I have one friend who SERIOUSLY wakes up at 5am to exersize for an hour before she has to shower and get everyone ready for the day. SICK SICK SICK!!! But she looks great :

started this ages ago...sorry. Best post it up. xoxo andy

#506 of 535 Old 07-31-2005, 09:14 AM

Wow, I missed one day and it took me two to catch up!
Big hugs for Jeni!
Karen - ouch!
Lisa, glad your dh is back, moving could be exciting. maybe your new house will have a finished kitchen :-)

Someone suggested St. John's Wort, which is what I used to take and it worked for me, but I didn't know it was safe to take while nursing. Anyony have info? I'd like to go on drugs, but not ssri's or even anything presription-like. I've been feeling suicidal from time to time lately, though I know it's really my situation, not my life that I want to escape. I've been really mean and harsh with poor little A lately (though we've gone back to rewarding her with m and m's for going potty).

And there was talk of baby signs. We did that with A, but I don't know if I'm going to with G - it almost seemed to slow A down, she signed instead of using words for some time, and now she has a lot of words that are her very own (though I think that is getting better).

Swimming lessons are done. Kinda sad, it was nice getting to go swimming every day at my favourite lake, but it was also stressful having to get out the door every day by 11:30.
Oh, I got a nursing *bra* tank last week. Still gotta get rid of those ones I bought on TP... I like my new one a lot!

Tomorrow is Lammas, grain harvest. I'm thinking of going to my old town for ritual with my friends whom I miss very much.

gotta go
#507 of 535 Old 07-31-2005, 09:52 AM

Andy - heh, I wish dh could cook. He did come up finally at dinner time (I ate long before he got off the phone though) and played w/L for a while, and we watched 2/3 of a movie with lots of pauses for baby and getting her to bed (took an hour!) and we'll watch the rest today. Right now he's in bed with her, I needed to just walk around for a bit, and I'm going to go back and put her back to sleep in a bit.

Exercise - no time here. I could have time to walk if I wanted, but gosh, soem days the pitter patter just HURTS when I walk. So I've been a couch sloth. BUT I am going to sign up for a class at community college (it's something about stretching, strengthening, conditioning) that is an hour on Sat. mornings. I figure since it's the weekend, it's likely dh will be home and can come hold babe while I have class, and if he's not, my mom or dad will.

And we're going to take swimming there too, on a weeknight.

Pam, I can't remember, but I want to say SJW isn't ok while nursing. Stepping toward prescriptions is OK! You won't be any less of a person or a mama for it. And if it helps you cope with the situation and location then you will be a better mama for it.

Thinking about some pancakes for breakfast. L FINALLY poo'd following the watermellon and peanut butter reactions (yah, watermellon too!) so the list is now:
strawberries
raspberries
dairy
soy
watermelon
cantaloupe
pork
oranges and juice
lemons
peanut butter

I think that's it. And I have yet to try some things, but we do have all the other big ones - eggs, wheat, fish (though not tried shellfish), chocolate, tomato, corn, are ok.

Ooh just looking at the Joneja scale.. I haven't had spinach, beans, pineapple, kiwi, grapefruit, or avocado yet.

Back to bed,
Lisa

#508 of 535 Old 07-31-2005, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

we're up for the day here - he's busy ripping apart title 9's title page har har... but momentarily busy

Pam - do YOU call a hotline??? Your feelings are pretty strong, mama. I'm all for the visit to good friends! sounds like a good lammas! Can you still go swim w/out the lessons? and maybe get out the door by 1pm instead

I FINALLY picked a pack. I gotthis one. Man does it ever come w/ the bells and whistles! and if I decide I don't love it I can return it and get the Kekty I want for exactly the same price. I was never ocd before...

done w/title page and time to walk the dog... caio!

#509 of 535 Old 07-31-2005, 11:22 AM

ooo that's a fancy pack Andy. I hope you love it. I tried the ergo out on my back yesterday it was much more comfortable than I thought and it actually fit pretty good. I was surprised I have such a short torso that I thought it would be a problem. And it wasn't really that hot. I switched it over to the front and that was much hotter. Miss E liked it too, she had fun pulling my hair : .

Pam anti-depressants really aren't that bad. They're not awesome, but they can work. Does your therapist know you feel like that. I know that I don't always tell my therapist if I feel like that : From what I've read Zoloft is the best to take while bf, if you do decide to take something. I'm going to offer up my fav depression suggestion again, get out and have sometime for yourself. That does wonders for me. Yesterday we (I had both dc and our 2 dogs+1 visiting dog) took a 2 hour walk in the woods. It was something I've been wanting to do and while I didn't get to do it alone, the dc were good so it was still very stress releiving and mood uplifting. Another thing that's helped me when I've had alot of really down days like that in a row was to letthings go. I told dh that I was feeling overwhelmed with all the hosehold things, the kids, mil or whatever and that I just couldn;'t do it anymore. He just did whatever he could when he wasn't working and I concintrated on me and Miss E and just relaxing. Yeah the house was really trashed, we had take-out too much but that's just what needed to be done.
I hope you start feeling better soon. Ppd can be a real I odn't know about you but anytie I feel like I'm getting better it just crashes down again Its such a gradual thing, getting out its clutch.

I want to post more but we woke up late and poor Mr C has missed church for the ??? week in a row and he really wants to go So we're going to get donuts, the realyl good 40mile drive donuts

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#510 of 535 Old 07-31-2005, 12:03 PM

Woah Andy, that's not a pack, that's a traveling baby gym

Sheri, mmm donuts! I haven't had a donut in 4 months. Or maybe longer. Mmm.. we skipped church today too.

I so want pancakes (yes, I can use pancake mix) but with no sink in the kitchen, I really don't want to mess with a bowl, griddle, tools, etc. so I'm gonna wait and make pancakes at mom's when I go back over there. Yah, I'm going back. I've decided that being here in kitchen hell is depressing and I feel better there/away.

ALTHOUGH if I can light a fire under dh's ass today (we have 6.5 hrs til the airport again) and get him to run some elec. work for the kitchen, in theory dad and I can finish drywalling the hole behind the sink this week and maybe some other smaller things, and POTENTIALLY get the sink back in next weekend. Hmm.. of course we don't have any counters, I think a piece of plywood and the sink will do for now. I have a few little things I need to do as well, and then we might just get a kitchen before end of summer.

OH and I need to pick out paint. But to do that, I need to get the floor tiles out and look at them next to the cabinets and dream. I really want a blue kitchen, but I think we'll end up with something blushy or creamy or maybe taupe.

-L

User Tag List