Janulicious July #3 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mar - your life seems so FAST! I'm glad you got a date with dh, though. That's some quality time! I made a 6 month appt. for ori at the DO, and Beca can get her school phys. then too. Maybe, when noone is watching, I'll step on the scale too (SHIVER). I'm going to BED! Hope Dad's doing better, K. and the itchies should be lots better by now...I hope. xxx andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#242 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 01:17 AM

Hey All,

Didn't get a chance to post today, but I have been reading.

Got my hair done, trying to grow it out. It has been about 5 years since I had long hair, but I really want to try it again. Besides, when I get ready to cut it, I am going to donate it to the Locks of Love program. They make wigs for kids who have had chemo for cancer.

Will is doing well. Not having a fussy day.

Karen - I hope everything goes well with your dad. And that the itches go away.

See you all tomorrow. I am off to bed.
#243 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 01:26 AM

Mar, I'm near!!! (depending on where in GA you're heading) We're close to GA - - PM me!
#244 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 01:34 AM

Karen, lots of thoughts heading out to you and your dad. I hope he's ok and will be sending lots of healthy vibes his way.

Jeni, you sound like it's REALLY a hard time. I'm sorry if I'm terribly out of the loop, but is there anyone who is supporting you or anyone that you can talk to about how it's going? I hope I'm not overstepping, but I'm worried about you. I sense that things are really NOT going great for you, and I wish there was something I could do to help.

I just finished a photo collab for T's birthday (2 more days!!!), and off to bed once it's movie-ized. I love doing these, and now I feel like going and giving her a big squishy hug. I can't believe how much she's changed. It only goes to show how all too soon B will be following in her footsteps.... *sniffle, sniffle*

good night mamas!
#245 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 02:57 AM

so it looks like my dad had a spinal stroke. apparently it's very rare. the neuro said that he sees several strokes daily but one like this only once every few years. they don't know what caused it- they generally don't know anything and are just running lots of tests. unfortunately the less medically minded half of the family is there, so my info is spotty.
my bro was in mexico and drove there all day t0o get back and was relieved toi see our dad. he can't control most of his upper body but he's seemingly ok.
my mom is on a train to seattle. apparently when i talked to her earlier i guilted her major.... she left to get on a train AFTER this happened. lame.

anyhow.... thanks for the kind thoughts! I SOOOOO appreciate them.

mchelle- sounds like a lotta diapers to me. is she contented??

oh, and my itchies. definitely less itchy. but looks HORRIBLE. and of course I need to wear shorts, cuz anything that touches against them drives me itchy. and a tank top too. we have a party to go to tomorrow too- I'll look lovely
#246 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 08:27 AM

Karen, hope your dad is ok!
Jeni, I hope your babe goes to sleep!

We spent yesterday shopping in the city. I hadn't been there since December, and before then, not since we moved from there. One big goal was the Bulk Barn, and we loaded up (i'm planning on making 2 trips a year there), the other was to get my nursing bra tank top! The selection was low, so I couldn't get white in my size, but the fiery red I ended up with looks good on me! Today, we go to see the Bluenose, an old fishing schooner (it's world famous, have you heard of it?) Abby's been excited for weeks about it.

Ok, gotta go wash my new clothes.
Oh, we also stopped at a thrift store where I got a Purely Yours Ameda pump (double electric) for $5 - seems to have all the parts and looks in good shape. Dh suggested I buy it to donate to the local family centre (the one that lent me the mnaual pump to try, which btw, worked the first time I used it, when I had first opened the box, but then I cleaned it up to actually save the milk, I haven't managed to get anything out of it. It's the new Gerber one)

ok time to go
#247 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 08:39 AM

Karen- sorry about dad. How is the recovery looking? glad your itchies have subsided.

Jeni- hope you got babe to sleep at a decent hour last night

Aviva- I buy used diaps all the time. Sorry don't need no MT here I made 2 myself

Well yesterday Megan was awesome. She wasn't fussy or clingy all day. Figures since Larry was home. But then around her bedtime she just wouldn't sleep. She was very active, flipping and just twisting and turning. Then she started to scream and wouldn't stop. I tried nursing, teething gel, tablets, gas drops, rocking. Nothing would seem to help so I finally have in and said I'll try the tylenol, so as I was searching for it, she finally fell asleep in Larry's arms. Have no idea what was wrong with her. We both got littl sleep since K wanted to wake at 5:30
#248 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 08:49 AM

Well, we both finally passed out sometime after 11. I ended up with weird dreams. Went to bed hungry, too. She wouldn't even let me make myself anything to eat all evening, every time I walked out of the room she started screaming. She's still snoozing with Mike.

Michelle: woohoo!

Karen: Glad that you know what's going on now, sorta.

Pam: ooh, fiery red tank. Sounds cute.

I've heard some not-nice things about Locks of Love. Something about them not using the hair for wigs for kids, but selling it to salons for extensions and stuff like that. A lot of the kids can only have artificial wigs. Also that they refused to make their financial info available, so no one knows what they're actually doing with the money. I can't find anything to back it up one way or the other, though.

I think I'm going to the mall this afternoon and finally get my postcards. That's the plan, anyway.
#249 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 08:53 AM

oh yeah if you go to the BBB site and type in locks of love you can find out that they didn't disclose their info or something like that.
#250 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 10:41 AM

Thanks Laura and Paq - I will check into that when it gets closer to the time. Fortunatley, we have quite a while to wait. My hair is just halfway between my ears and my shoulders right now.

Karen - Glad to know what is going on with your dad. Sorry that it is happening though. Hopefully, they gave him the right things to stop the stroke in time.

Annie - How is Kobe doing?

Well, Will has taken to waking again. I think it is becasue of the air conditioning on his skin, so I am going to try putting him in a jumper to sleep instead of a onsie. Crazy that we have to do it in Arizona, in the middle of July. Seems like he should like to be cooler. We will see though. I don't want him too hot though.

Okay, off to do smoothies for breakfast. Both DH and I are putting on weight, and can't figure out why. So, gonna curb the intake a bit (not a whole lot since I am nursing).
#251 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 11:41 AM

Karen I hope things0111111111111 improve with your dad (I've got a helper over here ) now she' got the mouse

Jeni I really think you need a break. Some time away from Bea and Mike. I know you don't have alot of money but I would look into getting some counceling. You might qualify for some aide on that. It sounds to me like you have some ppd. I had it pretty bad with ds and not nearly as bad now. This may not be the most popular advise around here but if you are having another night like last night give Bea to Mike and leave. Take a walk, a drive sit outside it doesn't really matter what just something that will calm you down and allow you to seperate from the issue Youi sound burnt out and if Mike is not willing to step up to the plate then you're going to have to make him in order to keep you healthy. You cannot take care of Bea if you aren't taken care of.
On the "bedtime" thing. Babies wioil not go to sleep unless they're tired. It doesn't matter how tired you are, or how much you want her to go to sleep it will not happen until she's ready. Andy's right about those rails forthe bed. I used them with ds for while and they work great. They have ones that are a mesh screen to there's no bars. Or I have an attachable baby monitor. The "sending" end is rechargeable so it doesn't need to be plugged and. I put it 6"-10" away from Miss E while she's sleeping. I can hear her breathing and I know the moment she wakes up so there's no worry about her falling off the bed. Do you have a crib? if so you can sidecar it to your bed and just have Bea sleep closest to that side

Karen is it possible for you to talk to the drs? May be you could find out some more info that way.

I've started pakcing the diaper bag for Six Flags tomorrow

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#252 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 11:59 AM

Avivia, I use "used" dipes - Annie sent me some, and I got some from a friend, and a few on the TP/ebay. I just wash them really well (ok, Annie's just got washed once cuz she's got less germies) with lots of hot water a few times to make myself feel better.

Do you have a pic of your MT?

Yah, let dh deal with cranky baby. HA! If she's up late, she'll nap an extra nap in the morning and longer naps too, which means she'll essentially sleep the entire day until he leaves. I'm dropping him at the airport at 3:30, we have so much to get done by then.

Andy, I think the turtle is ok for at least a week alone, as long as there is water and a bowl of dry food, eh? I know we've left cats alone w/dry food and a clean litter box for a long weekend before.

Hey Jeni, I feel ya here. Last night dh and I stayed up and talked about crap (literally, the crappy way I feel, the crappy way we've been treating eachother, the crappy house we live in) and I told him how I get so mad at the baby when she wont' go to sleep and how then I feel like a bad mom for getting mad at her, and how I feel trapped when I'm stuck in bed with her every night nursing her to sleep and he's downstairs playing on the computer or something. Gah, I tell ya, it's no fun! And we put our bed down low so she can't really fall off... and I still put pillows around her so she can't fall the 8" that's left.

Michelle, WOOOHOOOO! DUMP THE FORMULA MAMA! I think you're all set

Mar, I'll come visit you, but I don't live anywhere near there. I think 'Bama is the closest or maybe Heidi in Fla.
Hey, I'm just reading your blog now, your house is BEAUTIFUL! Technically it's almost identical on the outside to ours, but gah, we have crappy walls and floors and no trim on the windows. Gives me something to aspire to. Maybe I'll bookmark it and come back to dream. Of course we've already taken sledge hammer to the builtin dining room cabinet - ours was IDENTICAL except for the window glass. Mine had leaded glass diamond panes... but I tell ya, freaky almost!

Karen, wow, that's amazing. I'm glad your dad is holding steady, I've never heard of a spinal stroke. More health to him. And icky on the itchies!

Postcards - tomorrow I'm going to Columbus for a few days, and I'm going to see if I can't remember to go downtown and get some postcards. Those will be more "ohio" ish than the ones I can get in Cleveland.

Gotta go, I told dh we MUST clean L's room, our room, and the living room today before he goes. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#253 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 12:01 PM

Karen, you've had one tough week. I'm sorry, mama.

Jeni and Lisa - tandem bike? No way. We have different cadences (he's best at about 80 rpm, I'm best at about 70 rpm), and are much too headstrong. I can't even deal with the guy in a canoe. (We're the ones zig-zagging across the lake, ha ha!) Despite this, happy-go-lucky, good-natured DH insists it would be a blast, but . . . NO. :LOL

Aviva, how about eBay or the Trading Post for selling your MT?

Parents came down yesterday. My mom called our wraps "rags" and thought it silly that we didn't use the stroller when we took a "constitutional" at the Galleria before dinner. My dad was a great sport and wore Carmen very happily (he figured he didn't look any weirder than the guy in the leopard suit with a hubcap around his neck!), but my mom insisted that while wearing David she was going to drop him, and would rather have carried him in her arms, instead.

She DID take a picture of me with Carmen . . . while I was bfing her! Woo-hoo! I think I've achieved normalcy! My mom doesn't think I'm s ! Well, almost. I'm still using those silly rags to carry my baby. :LOL

She IS working on a soaker, though (thanks for your help, Az & Annie), and has discovered Waldorf dolls and the many virtues of wool. She'll be advocating those rags before she knows it.

Annie, how's your clapotis?

Mr. David is saying that he's wanting to try a nap again. gtg . . .
#254 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 12:10 PM

Joyce, RPM issues, I think the pedals move independently of eachother, you'd just have to give in to dh being in the front (or maybe you could captain the bike?)... for me, I can't keep up w/dh no matter how slow he goes (bike, walking, whatever) so being attached would force the rate of speed

The only way I can outpace him is in the water.

Gotta go, we're going to clean L's room NOW. No excuses from him, none!

#255 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 12:14 PM

my perfectly seasoned pizza stone got broke this morning! It was one I'd had for a few years, and was just beautiful to use! Dh used it last night to bake cheese (low carb snack idea) and left it sitting on the table on a small lunch cooler (ok bad idea), and it slid off the table when no one was near it (dd1 was banging something across the room). It split almost right in two, so it may still be usable, but never the same. I was near hyperventilating and practically in shock for about 10 minutes (ok, dh is probably right about overreacting). At least I have my new stuff to fill the void, though it's not seasoned. It makes me want to move out and have myown kitchen where only *I* can touch my stuff. I guess I'm oversensitive, but it was kinda a dumb place to put it

Just had to share...
#256 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 12:21 PM

Sheri: I couldn't have, he wasn't home last night anyway.

Maybe when she starts taking a sippy and starts solids. She's still nursing every hour or two. I don't want her to go hungry.

I'm sure I have PPD, I just don't think there are any decent treatment options around here.

She was definately exhausted. She's been running low on sleep since Thursday now.

No crib. It'll probably take me three weeks to find homes for all the stuff under the bed so I can get the bed on the floor. There's stuff piled up around the perimeter of the bedroom, narrow walkway around 3 sides of the bed, and stuff shoved underneath. We have no storage. No basement, very inaccesible attic.

That's funny, I thought I posted this morning. We both zonked out after 11. She was up way too early this morning, but now she's asleep on me again. I'm starving and fidgetty and I want to get stuff done, but I'm not budging. Later, I want to go to the mall. I hope I can. I just hate taking her out of the house anymore. It's way too early for this stage, isn't it?
#257 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 12:34 PM

Jeni- s I know Megan has a hard time falling asleep especially when she's sleeping, she gets to the point she has to cry to sleep. I hope things get better for you

Pam- bummer about the stone,

After I'm done pumping I'm gonna get everything ready for tomorrow also! I want it all set so I don't have to rush around in the morning cuz I know I'll forget something
#258 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976

Mar, I'll come visit you, but I don't live anywhere near there. I think 'Bama is the closest or maybe Heidi in Fla.
Hey, I'm just reading your blog now, your house is BEAUTIFUL! Technically it's almost identical on the outside to ours, but gah, we have crappy walls and floors and no trim on the windows. Gives me something to aspire to. Maybe I'll bookmark it and come back to dream. Of course we've already taken sledge hammer to the builtin dining room cabinet - ours was IDENTICAL except for the window glass. Mine had leaded glass diamond panes... but I tell ya, freaky almost!

I'm not sure if you are talking about the pictures of my house now (Bungalow) in Iowa or the new (Split Level Ranch) in Georgia. I've posted photos of both. The bungalow is old fashioned with beautiful crown moldings and a built in hutch in the dining room. The new house is all white and unfurnished in the photos.

Regardless, I really love them both, for different reasons.

I love the bungalow (Iowa House) because it is such a beautiful speicmen of craftsmen ideals and in such great shape for an old house. My dad raised me to appreciate the character of an old house. But the kitchen is too small and impractical and the bathroom needs a ton of updating and there is only one bathroom. Also, it is in Iowa, and my hubby lives in Geoprgia now, so I want to go there!

I'm excited about the "new'" house because it is so new. Two full baths (whoopee, no kid's toys in my bathtub!) and a much bigger and more user-friendly kitchen. The house has some nice little details that keep it from being too "shoebox-ish". It has cathedral ceilings in the living room and master bath (wierd, but really pretty). It has tons and tons of framed in but unfinished space in the basement (a media room, two more bedrooms and a bathroom) so we can finish it some more ourselves and hopefully turn a little profit when/if we move on. It is on a quiet cul-de-sac in a nice area (although I am a little freaked out to be living in a "development"). I am ready to move. We just need to sell the practice and this house. Arggh.
#259 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 02:00 PM

Mar - yep, the old house We actually took the wall from dining to kitchen down, and are in the process of making one big room. The built in cabinet is gone and there will be big cabinets and counter there instead. We'd like to move, but there is so much work that needs to be done here and we'll never get it far enough to sell.

Going to put kid down for another nap. Literally, she's slept since we got out of bed, just ate, and is ready to sleep again.

Lisa

#260 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 02:51 PM

Pam- I hate losing my tools like that. I'd be SOOO upset too.

Ok I need help making a decision. We need to move our 28 inch off the floor sleeping surface down. We have a 12 inch thick mattress on a 12 inch tall frame that has a 4 inch tall platform. The platform is big (king sized and about 6 inches thick, some of which is cupping the mattress) and I really have no idea where we'd put it, but if we just remove the supports we can tuck them in under the platform and all will be good. But it adds an extra 4 inches to the bed height. Opinions?

Paq- Kaia has been driving me nuts with the "I can stay up til midnight mommy" jazz lately too. Plus, I then have to pump for 30-60 minutes once she's down for the count. And she won't fall asleep without me snuggled next to her, so once she's out, I'm all comfy and get really cranky about having to crawl back up and do my pumping. So I can empathize. I just keep telling myself it will get easier.

Ack, Kaia just decided to leave the room. Gotta go chase her!!!
#261 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 03:00 PM

Michelle, I say platform on floor w/mattress would be fine. Right now we have box spring and mattress on floor, no frame or platform or anything.

Just spend a few minutes each day showing Kaia how to crawl down (feet first) from the bed, and make sure the floor is safe!

#262 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 03:05 PM

Karen I'm glad to hear they figured out what was wrong, I hope your dad will regain his mobility soon and be home shortly! Vibes on the rash too, ugh.

I know I'm totally silly about the used diapers but I think since its nearly the only thing I don't want to get used I am just going to get new ones. My other thing that I always buy him new is sleepers, which makes no sense because there is no real difference between a sleeper and other cotton play clothes, but I happily buy him clothes at the consignment store but all his sleepers are new. I will sell the covers...probably bring them to the consignment store when she reopens.

I don't have access yet to the trading post here, I think you have to belong for sixty days? Something like that. I hope I do soon, there are some things its just better to get used. Right now I'm looking for an old style excersaucer, before they started having all the electronic gizmo's on them.

Thanks for the invite to six flags but I think I'll wait til I hear the report, maybe next time I'll join you all.

MT and wrap pix can be seen at http://www.people.umass.edu/wise/wraps/
We plan to do a babywearing get together at the end of august so maybe I'll find it a good home then. Its so pretty, I wish it worked better for me, but if it doesn't find someone who wants it maybe I'll have my friend doctor it up so it does work better for me.

We've had a strangely sleeping baby here too, he had a really good night last night, but only after having a very strange evening where he just kept trying to fall asleep but couldn't. Then this morning he was doing the same thing, it really upsets him when he wants to go to sleep and can't do it immediately.

Aviva
#263 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 03:29 PM

Avivia, I found an old 'saucer on ebay - you can search by distance from your home, there was one locally and I snagged it. NO shipping if you can pick it up.

#264 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 04:04 PM

Ok I'm leaving again, this time I don't know if I'll have any 'net access where I'm going. I know they have a computer, but I don't know if I'll have to beat off the kids to use it.

SO, xoxo, I'll try and catch up on Thursday.

Andy, Sheri, and Laura, ahve fun at 6flags!

ANnie, I got the Nizlopi cd in the mail yesterday, it's nice. All similar in sound to the digger movie, brit funky upbeat sounding stuff. Going to listen to it in the car when I drive.

Dh is packed, I am not. Lauren is mostly packed, and is crawling on the bed. Guess I should get a bag and get myself in gear.

Lisa

#265 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 04:27 PM

Aloha
Woke up this am and hoped that yesterday wasn't real. but alas it was.
my dad is ok. I mean he has no control over part of his body, but he sounds in pretty good spirits, considering. hopefully he make s a quick recovery, because a longer drawn out one is what would really get to him. they came to do some physical therapy with him this am but he got really dizzy- maybe it's the morphine they've given him for pain- he calls it "morpheum" :LOL anyhow, I'm thinking this am that maybe I'll go visit in a week or 2. i'll talk to dh about it.

aviva- if used diapers gross you out, then by all means, buy new ones. at least you know that you can sell the old ones if you need. i thought it would gross me out too, but then when someone gave me some diapers I was thrilled and then started buying used- why not? we all have our weird idiosyncrasies (like me with public bathrooms).

Luka has been minorly fussy for the past few days. his tooth os peeking through the gums , but not all the way- like only half of it is out. i'm sure it's painful. he's just on a short fuse.. his new thing is throwing his head back. yesterday he did it while we were on the way to the bedroom to nurse and he whacked his head on the wall.... silly boy.

we have a party to go to at a beach park. i've been avoiding going outside because I don't want to get sweaty and make my self more itchy... this should be interesting. and it's so ugly.... all red and inflammed and blistery. sigh. what a tough week!

michelle- if you have no place for the platform then keep it under the mattress on the floor. I think that falling is inevitable, but a short fall usually isn't too bad. I'm not putting my mattress on the floor, so Luka will have to learn that it's just not an option. I do have a rail that someone gave me. i'll install it when I feel it's necessary.

geesh, the kids have been playing schoolhouse rock cds a lot (and then leaving the room, so it's just me listening). it means i'm always singing about 3s or bills or something, ack!
#266 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 05:28 PM

:LOL...I had to hide my Schoolhouse Rock CD, cause once its there, its stuck in my head FOREVER!!! Same with Willy Wonka.

Karen, I'm glad your Dad is stable. Is he going to have surgery? Oh, many hugs to you. I was kinda wondering if he had a blood clot on/around his spinal cord or something when you said what was going on, sounds like something similar might be. Could you call and takl to his nurse? I had to do that a bunch of times, with my grandma, because my mom totally overdramatizes everthing and I had no idea what was really going on.

Ugh, I can barely type - Kobe whipped my contact right out of my hand with a playsilk this morning, so I'm a one eyed pirate this morn.

Jeni - I too, am worried about you. There has got to be some sort of help out there. Does the hospital have a ppd support group? Those are usually free, and almost every hospital has one. I second Sheri's advice of getting out - call your mom if you have to -or Mike's mom, when you are feeling really down. And just know that it will pass. Bea loves you more than anything, she's just doing what baby's do. She has no idea of night and day and sleep and no sleep :LOL You are her light and her whole world right now. Really, its weird to think of that, but you are. Violet is also getting some separation anxiety -its normal around this age, and will pass.

Ok, I best go find a contact to put in me eye! Argh, mateys!!
#267 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

HA HA HA! She's just a bill up on capital hill HA HA! Poor Karen. Gotta love them kiddos! I hope that the party is a LOT of fun - make up for having to be 1)outside in the heat with a blistery skin reaction and 2)having to show off said reaction :eyeroll

Good luck with daddy K. I know the long hauls are hard, but that's usually what it takes.

We'll send a full report, Aviva! And yeah, I know other people who ONLY buy new diapes. It's somewhat more expensive (like FB's/wonderoos usually buy new for 15 and sell used for 11 or so - which is about as much as you'll get for diapes., used, these days (excpet those heyna ones LOL), but if that isn't a major issue, then don't mess with the issue, right?

Bye Lisa! There was something I had to pass along to you, but for the life of me... sorry.

Ok, caught up! More later, I hope... andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#268 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 05:42 PM

Annie- no one has said anything about surgery or anything for my dad. I don't think they know where the actual stroke occured because it didn't show up on the mri. my bro said he said that there are tons of teeny artieries that don't show up and it could be there. in any case they will do another mri on tues or something.

ha ha, you think my schoolhouse rock tunes are funny. we have so much of it here.... i guess it's good it's catchy so the kids actually learn something from it. we have the regular best of, science rock, schoolhouse rock rocks (heard that? it's rock bands doing the songs- really good) and then the whole DVD collection. makes me think of my childhood.

Annie- Luka is getting minor separation anxiety too. he watches me leave the room and looks upset. he love me.

ooh, just found out the BIL proposed to his gf. it's about time. he's over 40 and she's great. what was he waiting for??
#269 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 07:23 PM

Can I just say how good I am feeling? My mom is back, and she has been cleaning, and cooking, and taking the boys so I can sleep in and lay around reading all weekend. I'm really getting the break I so needed. Its amazing how much of a difference sleep actually makes!! Who'da thunk???
#270 of 535 Old 07-24-2005, 08:56 PM

We've had a busy day today. We say the march of the penguins. THat was cute and educational :LOL

Andy the spot where we're meeting tomorrw (front gate; stage right) is that inside or outside the park?

I've got to get my but in gear getting everything ready. Making sure everyone has bathing suits, double checking the diaper bag, putting the stroller in the car etc
I think we've got a 2 1/2 hour drive without traffic, so I'm trying to figure out when to leave so we won't be sitting in the am rush hour traffic. I tried to print out the directions and my printer is totally out of ink So I've been : everything down, and : that I'll be able to read my handwritting in the morning

On the good nes front I got up this morning and dh had been up for hours cleaning

Annie glad to heatr your mum is back. Karen I hope by the time you get to see your dad he's well on the road to recovery

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page