Janulicious July #3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 535 Old 07-19-2005, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Az lives in Mass., and it's her baby that's Miss E. who is smaller, like Ori. Jessi is in St. Louis, Jess is in Co. Mary and Laura had the preemies (to different degrees), Megan and Torin. T is now a bruiser and Megan is sweet and petite (like Miss E.) .

Lisa is in Cleveland (with Drew Carey and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) and her house is always under construction - her little (or big) girl has reflux, and used to sleep through the night but doesn't any more... Lisa did the elim. diet to straighten this out... and hopeful that someday she'll get to sleep again.

Andy and Karen have kids who don't sleep a lot, but they nap (usually).

Nicole has Will (who along with Mary/Torin, Andy/Ori, half of Joyce's 2 (David), and Karen/Luka are all the boys in this little group) who had surgery and came through like a CHAMPION! She, Jessi, Jess, and Mary (and maybe I'm forgetting someone?) are all back at work outside the home at least part time now. Heidi lurks and works

Annie had our first full term babe, and our first flower . Heidi had our last, and our last flower !

Pam gets special mention because she's Canadian (no canadian smilie ) has chickens AND has a toddler and a baby !

Jessi is a runner, and runs with weird people who don't smoke but who do hash , stalks diapers and pumps like a maniac (no pumping smilie - now THAT's a tragedy!) .

Karen eats weird fruit, has a TRILLION fish and some chickens AND has two georgous older boys we're all dying to get matched up to our daughters (if for no other reason than to be family with Karen!) - she lives in Hawaii (was there someone on this thread that didn't know that?), as does Annie, who has a preschooler, a toddler AND a baby! .

Ah, and then we have the crafty among us - Ann the knitter (and there are other knitters too - Az and Kathy, ???), Karen the sewer, Kathy the photographer, Jeni the sewer, Nicole the cross-stitcher! Andy makes platypus costumes as her specialty , and Jess keep Colorado magical w/chalk!

There's the mamas of twins (Joyce and Michelle), and mamas who wish they had chickens (Joyce, Az, Andy, Kathy, Lisa, Jessi, Jess, Nicole, Heather and Mary (did I miss someone?). (no chicken smilie, either)

There's the West Coasters (Cat and Tiger and Mary - do we have an Oregon connection?), the midwesterners (or Prairie people as the Canadians say it) (Lisa, Jessi) the Southeners (Heather, Kathy, Nicole, Heidi); the East Coasters (Jeni, Az, Andy, Laura) and the Islanders (Annie and Karen). And, living out of her igloo (don't all canadians live in igloos ), Pam!!!

The nurses (Mary, Annie, was-Joyce), the midwives (Heidi and Karen).

Those amongst us who have new cars (Kathy, Joyce and Mary) and new house stuff (Lisa floors, cabinets and more wha ha ha...SOOO much more!, Heidi (EVERYTHING had to be replaced! ), Az (fridge), Andy (got a new stove!), and someone else had to get something done...

Then there are the two girl families , there's a few of those (Kathy, Jess, Laura, Pam), and the first time moms (Jessi, Heidi, Jeni, Mary, Lisa, Catnip (tho the twins count as being a parent), Tiger ).

And there's the Canadians, the Cans abroad, the married to Cans, and I can't even remember who they all are (Pam, Jeni, Andy, Kathy).

We have parents of older kids (Karen (8 and 12), Andy and Az (both 7), and Catnip (TEENagers )).

And our most precious, hardworking, dedicated, and harrassed amongst us, those with toddlers/preschoolers and babies (we do love you guys!!!) - Pam, Kathy, Heather (who lives in Arizona), Jess, Laura, Annie, Nicole, am I forgetting someone? Mushy brains...sorry!

PETS!!! How could I forget pets! There's the dog people (I'm definately going to forget people, so post and I'll edit in) - Nicole, Andy, Lisa, Mary) and the cat people (Karen, Jeni, Ann - there's more...I need help here) and the both people (Az, Jess and ???), but truly, Az takes the cake with a full menagerie and THEN some!

Megan is NURSING!!! s:

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#2 of 535 Old 07-19-2005, 11:02 PM

Our landlord just called and they're selling their house and are going to be moving into our apt so now we have to move again. This will be my 3rd time moving since last Feb We were kinda looking for a place becuase there are alot of problems here that we were told were going to be fix that never were. But I was still kinda holding out hope that things would start and we wouldn't have to move again. We actually have a decent sized apt that's not a fortune, a rarity in Gloucester. I don't even know how we are going to be able to come up the $$ for the first, last, etc We so don't have that money with me being out of work and I am not ready to go back yet. I'm starting to feel sick just thinking about it and dh is no help. His answer is just that he wanted to move anyways :

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#3 of 535 Old 07-19-2005, 11:09 PM

Wow you ladies are fast.

Azreial I'm so sorry about the apartment. I hope you find something nice soon.
#4 of 535 Old 07-19-2005, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Az - s - you should get your dep. back, right? And have a month's rent 'free' 'cause you paid already - so all you need to do is come up with one extra month's rent. Maybe dh can borrow it from his EVER so helpful Mom if he's so keen, eh?

I wanted to ask - how are you mamas making Mochi? And how are you giving it to the littles? I asked at the hfs today (they actually had it, I was pretty impressed), but they'd never heard of giving it to babies. They had plain and cin/raisin. I got plain, thinking I could always jazz it up if I needed to. THANKS!!

#5 of 535 Old 07-19-2005, 11:24 PM

Andy we didn't pay last when we moved in, only first and security and where the land lords haven't been the best I have a feeling the deposit is going to be hard to get back. Alot more things started falling apart after we moved in and I think they are going to try to blame them on us. Like I don't think the hardwood floors were actually "finished" just painted bewcuase when I've washed the floors paint has come off even when I've used just water No one lived in this apt for over 5 years and the landlords just bought the house when we moved in so I don't think they knew quite how poor the condition things are in here.
Dh can't ask his mum for the $$ they have been having really bad money problems for almost a year now, mostly I think to mil's spending problems. Each kid has more clothes than dh, ds and I combinded and she still buys them clothes. They've missed mortage payements a couple of months in a row and she's still out shopping. I don't get it :

Miss E is hanging out on the floor and she rolled over to her belly and is pulling on the rug trying to propel her self foward and is getting very frustrated. She's giving up on the the tug and go method and is now rolling over towards me :LOL

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#6 of 535 Old 07-19-2005, 11:28 PM

for the LITTLES? No way, dude, that mochi's MINE!

Be interested to hear if anybody's fed it, though. Fun stuff. I guess you got the refrigerated kind? Not as impressed with the frozen.

Time for bed; I just needed a breather before I joined Carmen (and DH and David, however long they'll give me!)

Where's Annie?
#7 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 12:15 AM

andy- you mean IM about the book? should we use messenger? my name on yahoo is maumae. we could set a time. what do ya think? i'm home tomorrow...
mochi is so gummy.... might be hard for babes to eat. rice in other forms might be easier

az- moving sucks. may you find the perfect plce for little $$

i was wondering about annie too. maybe she has, um, a life :LOL
#8 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 12:18 AM

Az... that sucks about the apartment. We are desperately needing to move too, but can't really afford to right now. Can't afford not to, either. :

Kaia is totally scooting all over the place now. She managed to get across the bedroom floor and into the bathroom, where she promptly decided that it was fun to suck on the linoleum and screech to hear the echoes. She also tries to suck on the vinyl bean bag chair and the base of our fan. I don't get it, but I try to stop it. She is just all over the place, and she pushed herself to hands and knees and held there for almost a minute! ANd Woo hoo! 4.9 ounces this week!

Karen: thanks for the offer. A friend that lives down the street who I never see called out of the blue to ask if I had read it yet. SHe's almost done and is taking pity on me.

Annie: How are you feeling?

Andy: What's Mochi?
#9 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 12:36 AM

I was wondering what mochi is also...

Oh, AZ, what a pain. I hope you find a splendid inexpensive place soon. I didn't know that landlords could make you move without giving proper notice

Tiger - hope the shoulder is doing better. I can't imagine the pain that must be (uh, no pun intended)...

Jeni - hope the mouth is feeling better and that you get some food.

I need to get moving on the previous Harry Potter books, so I can be more in tuned with the world.

Must go read, sew, or knit...Also need to read about the new SC nominee...

PM
#10 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mochi is this weird rice thing that is all kind of stuck together - like tofu except w/rice. Anyone else describe it better...please?

G'nite mamas. I was going to go to bed like 2 hrs. ago and decided to hang and look for sites in Anaheim to look at for that week in Feb. Instead of Hawaii Dh says it's just too far. :cry Well, it'll be nice to be on the west coast, anyway

Az - I'm sorry... :

Yay on Kaia's gain! I was thinking of taking Orin in to get weighed 'cause he's so small, but really, it'll just make me kind of crazy...but it's making me crazy not knowing, too... Sheesh.

caio!

#11 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 01:13 AM

How is Kathy doing? We haven't heard from her after the identity theft fiasco???

Also, cat - I forgot yo say, on the weight gain.

Weight is so tough!! Aine is a chunker and I worry about that a bit. Those of you with lightweights worry about them. Regardless of size and spot on the spectrum, we mamas worry
#12 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 01:18 AM

Hey All,

I am so bummed right now. I just finished the Harry Potter book. It was such a good read! Andy - all I can say is OH MY GOD!

I can't wait to discuss it. I can get on messenger too, just let me know when it is.

Okay, I am drained, I just wanted to get on this thread too. I have to go and cry on DH's shoulder for a while.

Wish us luck. DH's vasectomy is tomorrow. Kinda dealing with the emotions from that too.
#13 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Good Luck Nicole's DH!!! We were talking about that today...
Let me think... 10am tomorrow east coast time is ... 2am Hawaii? Not good. 2pm here is ... 6am? Or we can do late - like 9pm which is like 1pm Hawaii. How does that work for everyone? 9pm EST??? I still need directions on how to do it...

G'NIGHT!!!

#14 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 03:28 AM

andy- after 6:30am is fine for me. i've never im'd w/multiple people at a time but i know it's doable. just let me know the time and i'll be there
ok... t o do it. go to yahoo and click on the messenger icon on the upper right corner. download the correct version. sign in using your yahoo id. when messenger is up you can click add and add friends. like i said, my yahoo id is maumae. if i am on your list and i get online, it will tell you.

mochi is a kind of rice thats sticky glutinous thats cooked (traditionally over a fire) and then pounded to a pulp. it makes like a soft and gooey dough. japanese sometimes fill little mochi balls with sweet bean paste. it's yummy
#15 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 03:48 AM

I'm here

Mochi

I wouldn't recommend giving it to a bambino, its kinda sticky and chokable.

So, I've had a really long day. The antidepressant (zoloft) made me kinda zonk out, and some other weird side effects, so I decided not to take it anymore - told the doc and she was like whatever, since I'm not actually clinically depressed. I'd rather stay off it, I didn't like the way I felt on it even though it was only 2 days, and I'm sure my body hadn't adjusted to it. It just felt to gnarly for me. Anyways, I'm gonna get in with my acupuncturist right quick and get me some healthy healing. Also, some homeopathic pulsatilla. That always works well for me. I'm not sure what else I could do

Violet and I went to town today, and walked around the big mall there, went to Starbucks and the post office and just sort of hung out. It was really quite nice. she's so happy and cute. People just kept stopping us and oogling her chub I love her so much!!

There's no way I can reply to everything.

Sheri- that's such a bummer about you having to move. Especially on top of you being sick!!! Ugh, sending you so many hugs!!!

So here's my embarrasing story of the day. I got my glamourmom top, and was wearing it out and about today, thinking I looked all snazzy. Well, I was wearing Violet in the mei tai in the grocery store. I got to the car, and took her out of the mai tai...at this point I realized the snap on my top was broken, and had unsnapped revealing the white saggy flesh of my breast Yeah, that's my life....

Oh, Andy- I got the cookbook today, you little sweetie thank you soooooooo much, it's awesome - I've already started making a grocery list.

Ok, its taken me hours to write this. Much love. Goodnight (or morning) all!!
#16 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 08:34 AM

Sorry about the apt Sheri

Michelle- congratsa on your scootcher! and her weight gain

Nicole- had those feelings also when he went for his V

i haven't even finished chamber of secrets yet :LOL i need to do some major catching up

Oiy! what a day yesterday was. I have no idea whats wrong with Megan? Normally I can put her down to sleep at night no problems. So she falls asleep I bring her up as soon as I come down she's screaming like crazy. I never heard her screaming like that. I do this several times and said thats it you are just sleeping with me tonite So Larry slept w/K last night and Megan with me. She slept well finally, she had her eyes fixated on me and slowly her eye lids just dropped. It's weird I have no idea whats up with her? I mean I'd love to hold her all day but I just can't. My pumping yesterday was atrocious
#17 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 09:12 AM

Still about the same this morning. Very weak and tired and achy all over, and I've been alternating between hot and chills. I dunno if the novocaine hit me that bad (he used twice as much this time and it still didn't quite do it), if I'm just worn out from all the stress on my body, or if I'm catching the "thing that's going around". At least if I am getting sick, I'm already on abx and maybe they'll knock that down too.

After the third time I made him stop pulling, he said he'd send me to the oral surgeon if I wanted, and I didn't want to do that. I just wanted it over with. I didn't know last week that the infection was brewing or I would have been on abx since then. The second tooth was actually numbed properly, just the first one wouldn't take. And if I'd known that numbing doesn't take as well with swelling, I'd have asked for him to call a script in Monday and gone in on Friday or something. Live and learn. At least I don't have to do anymore.

I think I missed posts on the old thread, so I hope I didn't miss anything important.

Sorry about the having to move! I'm also in the situation of really ought to move, but can't afford to do it. The rent is cheap but the heat is astronomical here because there aren't separate meters for the two halves of the house. : And it's pretty crappy and crowded. I want to try to find another rental, and Mike wants to wait until we can buy, which will be never because he's not making an effort to get his credit in shape.

I think I'm going back to bed.
#18 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 09:26 AM

We do have notice, our lease is up 1 Sept but moving really wasn't in our plans or we would have been trying to save up some $$. I'm just feeling so depressed right now.

Miss E hasn't wanted to sleep with me the past couple of night either She keeps thrashing around and not fulyl settling down. Two nights ago she ended up sleeping with dh, I thought it was becuase I was really sick but last night she wouldn't sleep with me either. She slept in the swing unil 5 but then I tried to take her into bed with me and it was the thrashing all over again for almost an hour then I put her in the swing and she was totally out in less than 2 minutes no fussing nothing. She woke and poo'd 20 minutes ago, I didn't know she poo'd and I took her diaper off to attempt the bblp again and go poo all over me :Puke Well I put her back in the swing so I could go upstairs and change. When I came back down she's sleeping again

Its so hot here its alredy 86F in the bedroom, yuck.

Paq I hope your mouth is feeling better soon

Annie, I think you should just start going topless, didn't you flash the bag boy the the grocery too?

#19 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 09:27 AM

I just got an e-mail from dharma letting me know my silks have shipped :LOL I got them Monday and we dyed them up yesterday but ah yeah thanks for letting me know they shipped

#20 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 09:38 AM

Just becuase my day wasn't bad enough now I'm "running for the runs" as my mum puts it

#21 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Azreial
#22 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 10:03 AM

Jeni- hope you get better soon

oh Sheri-
#23 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 10:06 AM

Poor Az!

Hey, maybe Dharma double-shipped them and you'll get some more. :LOL

Note to self: Never, ever say "I'll let the baby play nakey-butt for a little while and check some email and then I'll potty her." I would so much rather hold a squirmy baby on the potty than hold a squirmy poopy baby while I quickly clean out the sink wi th the other hand and then wash her, and steady her in the sink while I get my poopy shirt off so I don't re-poopify her. Gah. Figures, the only poo I've caught this week was teeny, and I COULD have caught a big one yesterday morning and this morning if I'd been on the ball.

And now all of her playmats are dirty.
#24 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 10:08 AM

sorry Sheri that you have to move! That sucks!

Today is a rotten day, G has been crying a lot the last few days, i don't know if it's humidity, teeth, or frustration with crawling (she is still scooching on her belly commando-style). A is pooping and peeing all over the house, dh made us all get up early (we had made some car-share arrangements for swimming lessons, that didn't work out today, so I had to drive him in), the compost is growing maggots, the chicken scrap pile is moldy, we're broke, behind in pay, and bills are overdue.

And a sad story about swim lessons - there's a little girl, probably about 2 yr, who absolutely does *NOT* want to go in the water, and each day they are trying to force her. Yesterday, her "nana" was there, telling her she had to go in, carrying her, telling her she'd "make" her float/get in, etc, all the while little girl was crying and screaming hysterically. Abby was sad for her, so I talked to Abby about how she was sad and upset b/c she didn't want to go in.
#25 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 10:18 AM

eew Jeni sorry thats a bummer

Pam- oh thats so sad. I'll never understand why parents force their kids to do stuff like that if they are that upset about it.
#26 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Aaaaarg! Poor little kid. Good that you talked with Abs about it - sometimes we forget that kids don't have the same perspective as we grown-upped people, and they react differently to those kinds of scenes. What a bummer.

Hang in there Mamas! These days are limited, SERIOUSLY!!! Jeni - I hope you feel better and better today. What a complete nightmare that is OVER! WHEW. Sorry about the poop. I use a variety of large fleeces, receiving blankets, etc. for playmats. He's fine on them, but I put them on carpet or his changing table. HE's pooped and peed on them all, but they wash up nicely. We must have about a dozen of them (2 yds from the fabric store in several colors/patterns). Az - sorry you got pooped on too! It's a POOPEY DAY!!!!! Let's all do the poopey dance, the poopey dance the POOPEY dance! We can do the poopey dance, 'cause we love to poop all day!!!

Orin ate an entire (mushed up) avo last night for dinner. The boy is going to be one oily little fella, I gotta say! What else are we feeding our babies these days???

Az - Are you FEELING better? All this other stress is taking priority but I haven't heard that you're well again...

Karen and Az - 9pm here is a GREAT time for me, if that works for you both. my user name is newandytree1 Let me know if that time works...just trying to find a time when we could have some minutes in a row without bedtimes becoming an issue, dinner, lunch, breakfast, neighbors, getting the car fixed, etc etc etc...kwim?

It was so nice here this a.m. I took dog and babe for a nice long walk. Used the new stroller (not NEW but the one my mom bought us for the sprinkle back in Jan.). It is SUCH a great stroller, I gotta say. Hey Karen, what did you guys end up with??

Annie - I'm sorry the meds didn't work better for you. Did your phys. discuss any other meds or a different dose? It's not the ONLY option, is it? Awesome that you and V. had an afternoon together, the girls window shopping She is a baby to be much admired!!!

Laura - I hope today goes better for you pumping. It must be so hard to keep it up and really wonder if she's even going to use it!? Arooga!!! Bet seriously, I hope she chilll out a bit for you. Having Opihi babies is tiring...

ok, off to get some laundry done andy

#27 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 11:04 AM

Andy 9pm should work for me. I'll have to figure out the yahoo msgr thingy :LOL and I'm not realyl feeling better. I'm not feaverish anymore but my throat is still killing me I even broke down and ate a freeze-pop last ngiht and the small amnt of citrus in that burned my throat

I was talking to my mum about moving and her solution is we should buy a house yeah ok we don't have $$ to move how on earth would we have $$$$$$ to buy a house

Pam I realyl don't understand why people force their dc to do things like that. Sorry it upset Abby too

#28 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry not better Az Maybe today will see some improvement. I gotta go figure it out, too. And you need to give Karen and me your username so we can put you in as a friend. 'kay?

#29 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

So how do I cook mochi? like for me? I'm a pretty picky eater...maybe someone else wants it? I can send it out...

#30 of 535 Old 07-20-2005, 11:21 AM

I'm installing it now

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page