Janulicious August #1 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-02-2005, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
you might wanna ask some non-lactating people who aren't experiencing shrunken brain cells
:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2005, 05:08 PM

i'll give someone a million bucks if they can tell me why Megan is refusing to nap
Old 08-02-2005, 05:12 PM

I told K why don't you go take a nap, and so she did
too bad it's not working w/Megan
Old 08-02-2005, 05:20 PM

Calorie counting - I don't believe in it. How do they measure calories in food? By burning it? They don't know how many are absorbed, what they're used for, and what we really need. If they really knew what they were talking about, they'd have different numbers for everybody.
Our bodies seem to make their own decisions about whether to convert the food's calories into energy or fat. If you could tune that, then you'd be very rich.

Laura - my guess is: she's too busy.
That's great about K taking your suggestion.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:22 PM

Laura I agree with Jessi...you're going to have to bore her to sleep.

And could you have K talk to R? R would look at me and "No!" and then go back to whining (this is what toddlers do when thy're tired)
Old 08-02-2005, 05:26 PM

nak
hoping she dozes off for awhile after
Old 08-02-2005, 05:27 PM

ok Jess as soon as she wakes i'll haver K giver her a buzz
Old 08-02-2005, 05:33 PM

she's asleep :
time to eat
Old 08-02-2005, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Ok I did some research... apparently we all burn about 700/day making milk (on average) - 500 of that is extra crap we eat, 200 is from fat stores. Which explains why women lose weight faster after baby when bf vs formula.

BUT the whole calorie transfer thing - you can't make something w/more cals than you used making it - that's negative energy, I know that much from science class

Anyhow, still want to know the why which is something we'll probably never understand.

Lauren slept 15 min. and refuses to go back to sleep. I'm packign my overnight bag for tonight and then we're going to Target to shop. I'm going to put her in the cart sitting up and see if hanging on while we shop is enough to tire her out.

Back tomorrow!
L

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:48 PM

I've heard that the 500 extra calories for bf'ing is off. It should be more like 7-800. Probably like 1000 for Annie and Jessi. :LOL

Jessi, Mike's said the same thing about calorie calculation, too.

He sent me this thing from work today that his right-wing nutjob buddy sent him. I dunno about it. http://www.halturnershow.com/RICOSuitOverAspartame.html I have no doubt that aspartame is crazy unhealthy, but I dunno if this lawsuit thing is for real.

Megan and Beatrice had a conference this morning. Actually, I think Bea's crabby because no poop since Saturday. She's on the bblp now, hoping that will help. So do I get a million bucks if Megan's needing a poo, too?

Lisa, are you going to the party? I'd offer to put you up, but not exactly doable here. But you must come visit if you can. Is the baby Violet by any chance? I know a Violet from LLL who's going to be 1 soon, I think.

Yeah, I left the spout as it came out of the box. It didn't look like I was supposed to do anything to it. There weren't any instructions.

Happy anniversary, Karen! Have fun.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:54 PM

well she had a small poo this morning so not sure if that was it. She's still sleeping, yay!
Old 08-02-2005, 05:56 PM

spoke too soo she's up
Old 08-02-2005, 06:01 PM

asleep again in my arms
Old 08-02-2005, 06:02 PM

i'm bored
Old 08-02-2005, 06:35 PM

went lurking about at the old threads. I took a look at the belly shots that I never could bear myself to look at before. I even got 3 free prints for looking at Karen's photos :LOL so cute Noam male mw It's funny how you all got so much more chattier as time progressed and there's not even all of us who still post here.

I had to go pee so I put Megan down and she cried so I ran and peed came back and she just looked at me and gave me the sobbs, talk about putting guilt trip on mom. So she's sleeping peacefully on me now. Love it when they sleep they look so precious
Old 08-02-2005, 06:36 PM

Laura I like your new siggy.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:41 PM

thanks Jess
Old 08-02-2005, 07:42 PM

Happy Anniv. Karen! 13 yrs IS a long time. You started early

I have a whiney baby who will not sleep. AAAAARRRG!! Jerry just got home, now he's taking taking his turn. Maybe we'll watch some of the signing vid. Bah. And we lost power for hours today, so dinner never got made. humbug. I'm fatter now than when I was preggo and not eating more, or even as much. Go figure.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 08-02-2005, 08:07 PM

oh crappola theres a dead mouse in the kitchen it was like inhes away from my bare feet, i shreiked. Larry don't get home for another 45 minutes, agh i have stuff cooking in the steamer which is near the mouse. i don't wanna go in there
eeks!1
Old 08-02-2005, 08:07 PM

sorry Ori was whiney, day for cranky babes i guess
why did you lose power?
Old 08-02-2005, 08:13 PM

Here's a brief HELLO!

Really behind in work, and they're both sleeping, so need to type, type, type.

Doh, Davey's making wakey noises. Hah, figures.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey to my mamas. Wish I had time for posting right now; I have lots of questions for everybody. Laura, I want to hear more about your NIP experience. Your siggy gave me serious warm fuzzies.

Net loss of energy, eh? What next to discuss? Entropy? (or, Why My House Is Never Clean)
Old 08-02-2005, 08:28 PM

wow they are both sleeping Joyce, lucky you!

glad I gave you warm fuzzies :LOL

nothing really special about it. It was a good spot to do it for the first time. It was on the boardwark on Boston harbor. We were walking and Larry and K were sitting watching the boats so I sat on a bench w/Megan and feed her. There were people walking by but it wasn't that crowded. I had one couple smile at me, that was about it.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:45 PM

need to go back to my book...

A pound of fat = about 3500 calories. So at a 200 calorie per day deficit, it takes about 18 days to burn off a pound of fat.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:53 PM

Laura- are you trying to boost your post count or what today???
sorry to hear about the mouse. I pay my kids $1 per dead animal to remove them. It IS getting harder to convince them to do it, but it used to work.

So it looks like my dad is going home on Friday probably. just in time for me we get there thurs eve. he'll probably have to walk with a cane for about a month, the therapist thinks. woo hoo. I'm happy I'm sure he's thrilled. nothing is as good as being home.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

Jeni, no, babe is Daniel, he was a preemie, he's about to be a year But I'll let you know if I do go. It's a far drive from me to you.

LOL Laura Lauren did the no sleep thing today too - slept about 15 min earlier at home, and a half hour here at mom's and then woke. She's super cranky too.

Laura, can you give K the dustpan and send her in to take care of the mouse? Ick big ick!

I'm on the phone with dh, he's throwing a fit, there is a big security mess at Norfolk and he has his building pass, but they won't issue him an access card to get around in the building or a parking pass, he is parking 3 miles away and having to call the secure line and someone has to drive out to get him. All day yesterday he was screaming about it after doing security and all day today too.

He's going on and on and on and on and on. And the power just went out here too. We went from brown out to no power at all. And dh is still going on and on and on about the stupid government.

-L

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:36 PM

Glad your dad is going to be home soon!

no was bored today and was holding Megan a lot, so therefore I spent time online

Actually K brought me a dead mouse once before, ewwww talk about freaking me out!
The mouse wasn't dead, it was alive. Larry said it looked injured, think the cat had something to do with that. So Larry got the mouse and put it outside

whats with the power outages?
Old 08-02-2005, 09:41 PM

I'll let you know about the postcard, Laura. Got Heidi's today!

Happy Birthday Kathy!

Andy, glad you caught the, too bad about the deal. We got the car fixed, and they checked the parts of the suspension that pertain to the tire alignment and nothing outta whack. Dh admitted they were due for alignment checking. We coulda just fixed the flat and kept driving, but at least the car doesn't vibrate at 100 km/hr. Came to $330, with the cheapest tires possible.

Weird snappi dream. The other night in my dream, I was somewhere and I ran into my first ever bf from jr high and his twin brother, and me and his twin were talking about our babies and he said how much he liked to use snappis on his babies...

Oh, and when I was in elementary, I told everyone in my garde I was from pluto. Repeatedley. I swore it was true.

Ok that story about the ticket really takes the case. It should be a punishable offense to try to prevent a woman from nourishing her child!

Ok G is over there opening and closing the dresser drawers. Now we're in for it. Last night she was standing up holding onto the coffee table, and she actually let go for about 5 seconds, though I think her belly was leaning against it. She's getting good at pulling herslef up to stand on an object, but she tends to let go once she's standing and then fall.

Paper eating's not so bad, today at the beach, I pulled 3 small leaves out of her mouth!

Calories: I think we use our food more efficiently when we're nursing...

lisa how are you posting if the power's out?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:16 PM

Oh don't even START with Lisa and no power and connected to the satellites from which we track UFO's and so on and blah blah blah. Her dh may complain a lot, but that time he spends in the batcave is SERIOUS fixitup time for their electronic world. If all else fails, head for Lisa's. At least you'll know who else 'made it' LOL!

Don't know about the power. Don't know why. It lasted about an hour and a half.

YAY for Karen's daddy!! What a fighter! WooHoo!!!

Is the esnipe legal??? It costs money and I had to give passwords. Euwww.

Speaking of which, we have a major ant infestation in the bottom drawer (which probly means all the drawrs), but THAT drawer is the one that has all the pasticy stuff for the kids. EUWWWWW!!! Though the image of K. with a little mousey in her hands is pretty SHIVERY too.

Jess - are you back on smilies?

Hrmmm. I think I was looking at ergos because I just WANT something so badly!!! Once we get our backpack, I'll be happy as a clam, I think (I hope!!). As mentioned, I am SO SO SO bad about waiting. Time to get beca to bed. Ori, thankfully, was SO exhausted he fell right asleep. Beca, however, is wired for her campout tomorrow night. She's busy making piles of clothes LOL. Caio mamas! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 08-02-2005, 10:26 PM

why the drive to SPEND??? Andy- I wanted my ergo soooo bad too. i got all crazy about it too.... but then you have your snazzy new backpack coming. once it gets there you'll forget all about the lowly ergo.

hey, was cleaning out my diaper changing area and found some diapes I got on ebay that I don't want. they're maybe a med or large- flannel fitteds with velcro. I hate velcro. anyone want them? I don't want money for them, just a good home let me know.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:33 PM

if they're fitting C& d, I'll take 'em! graduating from pockets. rak w/ C . . .

User Tag List