Janulicious August #1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#2 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter

Aviva, cutie pie baby! I've done lots of dye with Dharma dyes (dharmatrading.com) and the t-shirt kits that come with blue, fuschia and yellow are more than enough to do a lot of dipes (or anything else for that matter!)

You can check us out at gallery.deadfrog.net and gallery.deadfrog.net/dipes for the stuff I dyed.

So Lauren and I had a rough night. She really had to be touching me to sleep but she was so restless that she wasn't quite sleeping either, and it kept me up. Every time I tried to move away she'd wake, and you'd think on a king bed we'd be ok w/all that space!

Going to the nutritionist today, but first I must shower!

Lisa

Hey, somoene remind me later to go back and edit post #1 with all the cool stuff.

#3 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 09:53 AM

Miss E's wearing a onepiece pants outfit and its all loose but is only as long as capris :LOL

Laura on nip 0

Lisa, no kitchen is not cool

All these mobile or almost mobile babies, its exciting and sad all in one

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#4 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 10:19 AM

Lisa- sorry about the rough nite, good luck w/the nutritionist

Aviva- sweet pics, Japhet's a sweetie pie

Starting to write out postcards and I'm scratching my head wondering why I have one leftover, then it dawned on me I was also counting Megan :LOL I am severely lacking a few brain cells lately
#5 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 10:20 AM

Oh forgot to say congrats Kathy on making it past 1000!! woohoo way to go momma. You really inspire me to get my butt moving
#6 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 11:00 AM

Postcards. I got 16 for 16 mamas (forgetting baby #17) but then it was all better when I realized I got one for Geneva also, but then we forgot Heidi so I'm back to where I started.
Off to Lammas ritual! Yay!
#7 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 11:27 AM

Yay Pam! Have fun!!!

I still have to go find Heidi one. We're not heading to NYC any time soon, so maybe it'll be some other kind of post card... LOL on counting your own kid! If I had done that I would've had enough for David AND Carmen :doh:

Didn't win the tub

Lisa - that is how EVERY night is when I sleep with Ori. It's awful. His sister must've been like Lauren usually is - a LOT easier to sleep with LOL.

Congrats to Kathy and Heather on their July exercise! I got my exercise tapes today in the mail from a swap, so I'm thinking to give them a try...

Ok, not much else going on here. Beca is back at camp and life is blissfully quiet. Oh, but Japhy is SO SWEET! It's kind of nice to have another boy in the crowd. We got a lot of girls in this group Anyone heard from Annie? Caio mamas, andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#8 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 11:52 AM

OH MY GOSH!~!! You won't believe this. Ok, firstly, I didn't get the aerobics vids, we got our sign lang, dvd's! Awesome! This is the best set I've found, and it's 110 on ebay for 6 DVD's, 2CD's, a little book with the signs in it, and a set of finger puppets. Beca loved the vids, and I gotta say, it was easy for me to pick up about 3 or 4 signs right away, bopping in and out of the room. WWW.signingtime.com

and THEN! I got this ebay notice that the bidder who won the freaking hot tub backed out! So we get to get it for the LOWER price! Amazing, eh?! I sent them an email to be sure it's even a real offer, seems too good to be true. It's like a 5000$ tub for 2600$ (plus delivery). WooHoo!!!

#9 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 12:15 PM

Happy August, Mamas!

Wow... where does the time go?!?!? I think we use it up chattering.... hee hee.

Andy, congrats on the tub!! Woo hoo, I am envious! I have NO interest at all in having a swimming pool, but I have to admit I'd *love* an outdoor hot tub. Especially if we settle into the West Coast somewhere ~ perfect climate for year-round soaking That's so awesome. Which aerobics tapes/dvd's are you expecting? I have had a rather fine addiction to them in the past, and have well over 30 I think. Yipes. I do like doing them from time to time, but haven't brought them out in a while.. hmmm, maybe that'll be todays' workout!

Thanks on the Congrats, Laura and Andy. This was a challenging month to meet the goal, so I'm pretty pleased. I'm *hoping* that once DH is done his thesis (if ever.... ) that I can get back to running/elliptical'ing full time. That elliptical is a nice way to eat up an hour, and pretty intense.
I have been doing a lot more lifting this month, and I think that is giving me some visible results already.

I just sent out 2 more postcards this morning ~ Miss Elizabeth and Miss Aine, watch your mailboxes! That means I only have the Hawaii crew left ~ I miscounted postcards (and, um, sending them to ourselves didn't help.... :LOL) so we're going to pick up some more today when we go out. Does anyone know, is it the same postage to get all the way to HI? Or do you throw on an extra stamp?

We harvested our first hot peppers from our garden this morning ~ woo hoo, Mexican tonight! Michelle, if you're around, any favorite recipes to share?

Hmmmm what else.... ok, gotta share this hillarious picture of Miss B... just title it "That's my Girl!"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...t/10071f1d.jpg

(hmmm... guess the "insert image" link isn't here anymore??)

Later mamas!
#10 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 12:31 PM

Kathy - it's very exciting...though trying to be SURE that something is not a spoof is hard. I guess at some point I'll just have to take a leap of faith? Paid through paypal is pretty secure, so I guess that's where we can hope for the best. sigh. Jerry and I are BOTH big hot tub people. I almost never go swimming, but I will spend a lot of time in a tub. Very soothing for me. I laboured with beca in our ht for like 4 hours, took a break, and then another 4 or 5 hrs. It wasn't too hot, though, like maybe 101. I kind of like it not SO hot.

Postage is the same to HI.

Do you guys have your own weights?

Ok, I'm going to go do some yoga before Orin is up. caio!

#11 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 12:44 PM

I have 10 lb handweights, 5 lb handweights and 3 lb handweights. The 10lb ones are pretty new, and it's amazing what those extra few pounds of lifting can do for ya! They're pretty cheap to buy, and you can work your upper body really well at home. I have a link to a great website with instructions if y'all want!

So which tapes did you order Andy ?? (an unreformed workout video addict here.... :LOL)
#12 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 12:54 PM

Hey gals! I'm not caught up at all. Probably never will be, oh well. Work is really busy this week so you won't hear from me as much as usual.

Exercise videos - Nana has over 100, easy. Does just buying them make you skinnier?

Weights - we have a home gym, $3000 worth of lifting equipment, in the basement. I was pregnant (but didn't know yet) when we bought it, so have never used it properly. Someday.

Brynn looks so happy with her coffee beans, Kathy.

Andy, you are the eBay queen. Hot tub, mmmm. As to California for hot tubs - nah, they're best when the outside temp is in the 40s. One of the hashers have one and we love to get drunk and strip and run through the cold to the hot tub. The trip back is less fun.

We had a great weekend, and Evelyn was fantastic. My 10-year reunion was fun. Connected with some people I like, including one natural-parenting mom. She came up and said, "Ooooh, another mama with a Maya wrap!" yess!
Got to drink (a bit) and dance with DH, although most of the music was dreadful, no surprise. Evelyn was fantastic for my parents. She played and ate all her squash and bathed in the sink and gnawed watermelon and put herself to sleep.

We have a cat now. I haven't seen her yet. Nana brought her back from Kentucky. She's lurking around the house somewhere, hiding.
#13 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 12:55 PM

woah check that out. I'm a senior member

Andy I've gotten "second chance" offers from ebay. As long as it was sent through ebay you're ok

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#14 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Kathy, I'd like the link I have 1#, 3 and 5, no 10s here yet. And woohoo on the exercise for you!

Andy, oooo aaaahh! Tubby time I SO BADLY want to estimate next years taxes for us - because we will actually get a return this time

Nutr. was ok, she was very friendly and gave me 2 local resources - one mom who is a dietician who has a kid w/severe allergies and another who has a MSPI kid. People to reach out to when I'm ready to give L her first foods.

She also gave me a brand name list of foods so I can go find things that are dairy/soy free and not have to cook EVERYTHING. But the dumbass nurse at the GI's office won't fax the prescription to the nutr. for me (uh yah, the doc wrote it on L's orders, "mom to see nutr" but they won't send it?!?!) so I called my midwife and asked them to send one. Whatever!

Going to read and make grocery lists. I can eat bagels now! Mmm!

Lauren fell asleep in the car on the way home for liek 10 min. and now she's wide awake and has no interest in sleep. Go figure. That's my curse. I should have taken her grocery shopping and worn her out more.

Lisa

#15 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 12:57 PM

Haha! I forgot to mention. I swapped for 2 : weightwatcher vids (beginner and intermediate), a pilates dvd (which one I don't know yet, but I don't have ANY, so they'll be fine), and a 4th one, something like the Firm? I am really wanting some aerobics stuff to work out to. I don't have any and the stuff at the library must, I say, suck worse than most, because I couldn't get into it at all. I don't have a step, but we do have some good solid kids step stools, so I think I could use those. I want to get someweights, but I feel like we're bleeding $$ right nw with the tub and the signing dvd's. So they'll weight till xmakah.

#16 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 12:58 PM

Oh, and yeah, obviously not into the yoga at the moment. Did laundry instead and sent the emails along so Jerry could assess them from work. It's kinda scary doing this stuff w/out even knowing the name of the person we're dealing with. gulp

#17 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Kathy - hysterical pic! Lauren really digs the plastic bags of prewashed lettuce.

Jessi - I think lifting videos counts as weights

Sheri, congrats! What's your senior title going to be? Something about Smurfs?

#18 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:07 PM

you girls are so good excersing. I don't do any : every omnce in awhile I get in 10 minutes of yoga or a long walk in. No exercise and donuts, no wonder why I've got a flsbby tummy :LOL

And yeah where is Annie, there's a culinary tea co-op going on and I though I remembered her saying she would be interested if another one went on.

Kathy that picture of Brynn is too funny DH is a huge coffee lover, I'll have to show that to hojm when he gets home from work

#19 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:11 PM

Ha! Nice pic Kathy - It took a really long time to load here. Maybe I had toomuch going on. You're an addict and you kid's one too LOL! Yay Sheri! Go nuts, mama! Thanks for the reassurance on the 2nd chance. It's so cool, actually! We were ready to bid up, too, but it took too long to load, so we lost. and now we won w/out going up Woo hoo! Jessi - I LOVE hot tubbing in the snow. even on the west coast

Lisa - glad you got some new resources. Good to have. what is up with doctors and nurses who don't respect mamas and their babies?????????????????????????????? I just don't get it. I must be stupid or something. They must know something I don't. Whatever. It makes me mad, I'll tell ya. You have a lot more patience with it than I do. I get right in people's faces who don't help me out when I am needing their help for medical reasons and I gotta say, it's not pretty. But I've been taken advantage of in the med. cmty, and it's one of the worst feelings. Heidi's dealing with it now, and it's just BIG. It's like this great huge rip off by people we really think are there to help/protect us. It sucks. Hey - does anyone have the name/site link to the place Jeni had mentioned a while back about birthing choices??? I got about 90% done reading it and the machine crashed (ok, was a while ago). If anyone remembers, I'd be grateful.

#20 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:12 PM

Lisa I have no idea what my title is going to be. I didn't even know I was close to being senior member : No its not going to be something to do with the smurfs :LOL I'm not a huge smurf fan or anything. my ex-bf and I played an oline game ages ago and I needed a name for my character. I had been going through a smurfs kick (we'd just gotten cable and it was on the cartoon channel) so it just popped up and I've been dragged all through cyberspace ever since. I'm terrible at thinking of names. So unless I get some stroke of genius I imagine my senior memeber title will remain "senior member"

#21 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:13 PM

woohoo on the tub Andy.

oh my gosh Kathy how cute!

ok Kathy got me motivated went for a 45 minute walk! I need to get out everyday and do this

Jessi- yippe a kitty thats cool when you meet someone who knows what your wrap is called

We were in Boston yesterday and I was wearing Megan in my sling for a bit and went in a store and wouldn't ya know it but the worker was following me around, I was looking at something and he was 2 ft in front of me standing there and staring at me the whole time :
#22 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:14 PM

Andy I got the site its trust birth I bookmark everything :

#23 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:15 PM

Now that I look, all our ddddc's are gone. except Kathy's. Charmed!

#24 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Andy - I have the firm ones in the box, never ever opened. :

I also have some pilates I love, even with the cheesey music.

Andy, was it birthNetwork?

Lauren is refusing to nap. I'm letting her talk to the walls and the tupperware and the crib until she gets angry, then I'll try to get her to sleep again. I just don't know what else to do.

Going back to mom's tonight.

#25 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:15 PM

Hiya!!!

Long weekend. Missed you all. You should all stop posting on the weekends so Ican keep up. Ok Just kidding.

Mostly I wanted to subscribe to the new thread.

I'm mostly cuaght up on reading.

Jeni and Pam s I'm having a hard time too. Even on meds. And I hate to admit I'm feeliong suicidal. I think I'm afraid they'll take my babies away and I won't have any reason to keep going... Probably an irrational fear...

Jeni you situation sounds a lot like me when I had Ruby. I honestly think that's why she weaned early (8mo, 3 week nursing strike). I think if I would have let go of control a bit I might have felt better. Being a nursing mom is hard. As much as you want to exclusively bf, speaking from experience, consider pumping or leaving a little formula and take 2-3 hours to yourself. And Let dh put bea to sleep. My dh is pretty useless most of the time but he has this knack for getting the girls to sleep when I'm at my wits end.

Karen- I'm glad you dad is doing better. Sending healing vibes and prayers to him and you ...

Andy- yay on the hot tub. That would be nice.

Lisa- oooo chicago is a cool city. My relatives are all from Chicago (my parents too). But I really think you all should move to CO.

I have like 10 yoga/pilates vidoes....I never do them though. : Ruby and I have been doing the yogakids video. Pretty funny...

Sheri-congrats on senior membership!!!

Laura- Yay on NIP!!!! how exciting!!!

Gotta go! Have agood day all!
#26 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:15 PM

Thanks Az!!!! That's the one

#27 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:18 PM

hey anyone want a yoga for weight loss vhs? i just could never get into yoga much
#28 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:20 PM

it is cool when someone know what you're doing when you're wearing the baby and doesn't think you're some sort of baby squishing freak. On the dog walk this am, we went through the library park and there was a lady coming out with the boys (5&3-ish) and she pointed me out to the kids and said look "she's wearing the baby" That was too coolI even had her in the wrap which causes the weirdest looks. Gloucester seems pretty baby wearing friendly though. DH is always wearing Miss E in the mai tai and going down the restaurnt downthe street where his sister used to work and her bf does now and everyone who works there loves the mai tais (especially the brocade one) and my sister is going to make one for one of the waitress who's pg

Oh and I think everyone should have a rl meetup with someone else from babylicious, ever since six flags, dh asks how Andy and "the lady with the little girls" are. No matter how many times I've told him your name, Laura, he just cannot remember it. I think the only reason why he remembers Andy is ds ia always correcting him :LOL We all had such a good time and Ori impressed h with his eating skills

#29 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:23 PM

:LOL thats ok Sheri, heck Larry doesn't even remember any of your names, of course he really didn't see much of you all either.
#30 of 547 Old 08-01-2005, 01:24 PM

Any other babies "practicing" walking? We've noticed Miss Elizabeth will take "steps" now when we're helping her stand up (she can stand holding on to the cofee table and futon now). Dh had her "walking" across a picnic table Saturday, it was really cute

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page