Janulicious- August #2 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#481 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for BOTH birth experiences Aviva! I'm sorry Isaac was so little - and that it happened. I didn't even go into my own experiences because tbh I haven't worked them all through yet. Not even half way, actually :LOL

We're shortening our trip, based on the experience we had in Niagara. I don't think I could take too much more of that insanity. So just one night, Friday day the 26th, Friday night and Saturday the 27th day, then home. So...not sure if it would work so well... maybe in the fall I will journey further on a school day off or something. We WILL do a meet up, but I think we're packing a lot in fo r this trip already. Please, someone send me to bed...I'm all over the net looking for ipods :

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#482 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:05 AM

Karen - Thanks for the reply on the whole cycle thing. After Em, I went back on the pill, so they were normal and all. But I gain weight like no one's business on the pill, so I decided not to go back on those.

Will is doing worse this evening. He woke up from his super long pm nap with a 102 fever again. Not sure what is going on. So we are home again tomorrow. At least I will get the house cleaned and shopping done. Goodness I hate when they are sick.

Okay, off to bed. See you all in the am.
#483 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:21 AM

Sorry Nicole. That he's not doing better, I mean. I hope he and you both get some sleep!

I found an iPod 60Gb for 357+ship/tax. So w/an accessory or two it's 400. ug. But that's cheaper than anywhere else I've found.

This is going to be a reward for me...losing some weight before I get to use it kind of thing. We'll see howmotivated I am. Tomorrow I'm meeting w/a pt at the Y for an hour. Hopefully I'll get something good from it. Orin did GREAT at the little care center they have. Beca, as usual, loved it. No suprises there.

Oh, and Aviva, I laugh that I haven't done the processing because I am MISS PROCESS around here. dh is always on my case about that. oh well.

Ok. BED This is what happens when I eat chocolatey cake after 4pm! sigh.

#484 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:24 AM

Oh yeah - after Beca my af came back normal. This time it came back like a river in flood. Long and seriously heavy. Not fun. This is my 3rd flow and it's almost back to normal, so it may still change, mama. hang in there!

#485 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 04:08 AM

Andy- 60 GB is HUGE. seriously you'd be fine with a smaller one. LIke I said, on my new one I think I have 10 days worth of audio right now and still lots of space left. this one also can have pics on there but I haven't played with that yet.

I'm sleepy... it's early though. I think i'll go to bed anyways. Luka only had 2 naps today (usually 3) and went to bed at 7:45, so he might be up early again.
#486 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 04:09 AM

Nicole- SORRY to hear that little Will is still sick! Is he on abx? or did they stop doing that for little ones? I'm out of it on the ear problem scene. Ra'am had a few and Noam never, so it's been a long while.
#487 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Aviva I'm sorry for your loss.
How far along did you make it with Japhet? I also have an IC. Came close to losing Megan but luckily I noticed something and went in to get checked.

Nicole- poor Will hope he's feeling better today!

Am I the only one without an Ipod or don't even have a desire to even get one? :LOL

Signed up for the blog ring. Always wanted to do a blog just never got around to doing it. Yesterday was fun. K was like the only girl there besides Megan and another infant girl. It was major boy overload :LOL K is such a miss princess. She was freaking out cuz her shoe got dirt on the bottom of it, oh goodness!
#488 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 09:43 AM

Didja miss me?
Jeni and Mike are really nice, and wow, talk about a crazy event they are doing. It was a sea of tents and then a sea of cars! Beatrice is a little mini-me of Jeni, and she's just TOOOOOO cute. I'll try to post a pic this afternoon. Took my friend Diana with us, and her baby, and then we went to IKEA. Didn't get home until midnight!!! Poor babies were so cranky.

Jess, how's the boob? I haven't read far enough, but it sounds plugged. Go to bed and let the babes nurse all day.

AVIVA - I know this is a different thread, but:
Quote:
Some women experience a drop in milk supply from ovulation (mid-cycle) until the first day or two of the next menstrual period. A woman's blood calcium levels gradually decrease during this period of time, and for some women the drop in blood calcium causes a drop in milk supply. For women who have this problem, calcium/magnesium supplements may be helpful. This practice has also been reported to eliminate most uterine cramping and some premenstrual discomfort such as water retention.

The recommended calcium supplement dosage is between 500 mg calcium/250 mg magnesium and 1500 mg calcium/750 mg magnesium (the higher dosage is generally more effective). Calcium dosages this high should not be taken alone, but as a calcium/magnesium (or calcium/magnesium/zinc) combination. Otherwise the calcium will not be adequately absorbed into your body. The amount of supplement depends on the composition of your diet -- the more animal protein, the more calcium/magnesium needed. If you are a vegetarian or vegan, the lower dosage may work fine for you.

Start the supplement when you ovulate, and continue through the first few days of your menstrual period. If periods are irregular, then begin calcium/magnesium at 14 days after the beginning of your last menstrual cycle, or simply take the supplement every day.
Nicole, I'll loan you some posts ok?

Andy, did you put all the zucchini chocolate in ONE PAN? It's supposed to make 2 cakes!

IPOD. fwiw, the batteries don't last much more than 18 months and then you either have to have a geek (my dh) or apple replace it. Apple charges $$$$ to do it. Google on the subject. Although the ipod20gb seems to be better than the last generation (dh has an old one, he's done the battery thing) they still aren't super great.

Annie, bummer on the flights. Can you take 2 babes with you, and send dh with one? It'll be easier to get on a plane in 2 groups. And Violet doesn't need a ticket.

UGH PAM! Nooooooooooooo don't let them cath your baby! That's a total pile of crap. Now you DO have to watch her for signs of infection. They could do a clean catch just like you or I do, just wash really well with those soapy towels and then she could pee into a clean basin. Using the cath has the potential to introduce bacteria that they didn't wash off. Grr!
And sucky neighbors too! Do you know how to reach them? Could you phone and ask them to call you the day before or something?

Aviva, sorry if I came off as defensive, I really am just trying to help you understand my view. I'm struggling with getting dh to understand me too. Honestly, I think we should all believe that we have the right to beautiful and glorious births. And by beautiful/glorious I mean in no way fast, easy, or painless, but instead one of power, growth, and surrounded by support. I think that's also something that our society/culture have come to ignore, and as a whole, women in the US are glad to "have a healthy baby and the epidural for no pain" instead of the growth experience of laboring and owning your body/birth. Does that make sense?

I'm sorry you had to lose a baby, I think that must be one of the most horrible experiences. And wow, the definition of stillborn vs miscarriage is lame, imo. He was and is and always will be your baby. Were you able to have a funeral/burial without a birth cert? I would also be SO angry with J's birth and the warmer. What's with docs and nurses not LISTENING to us? *hugs* to you. For me, I didn't realize I was sad until I realized that I was stuck in a cycle of anger with my care providers that would lead to me crying, and back to anger. I think I'm going through a grief cycle similar to what you do with death - denial, anger, etc. but I'm having a hard time getting out of anger and moving on. I'm going to try writing letters to my care providers and Lauren and putting them away to see if that helps.

Karen, dh does that to L all the time, he has these rip roaring belches and she totally freaks. :LOL Uh, did he have the bigger boys with him too? LOL on putting Luka up
Shhh! Don't tell me about blue canoe. I can't afford any more shopping.

Ah Nicole, how's Will this morning?

Andy, jezus! 60gb? I have 20gb and it's only a fraction filled and it has like 5 days of continuous music on there. Slow down mama!

Karen, you can dump files in there too Of course you can't read them, but think of it as a big portable disk drive.

Ah, I'm all caught up. Going to shower, and then going to get a haircut, FINALLY!

Lisa

Oh yah, those t-shirts - here's a few simple graphics... of course I'm sure someone else owns them...

http://www.doubleblessings.com/images2/mn.gif
http://www.opm.gov/ehs/JulyAug99/Pg09-Fig1.gif
http://seldomfar.com:2080/nurturing/...ents/sling.gif

This one cracks me up - we could all glue our own faces in there http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

But I really like this one: http://www.blossomst.com/images/340/slingbaby_sm.gif

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#489 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 09:49 AM

Hey isn't there a way to weblog ring to sites not on xanga? Cuz I don't really want to start ANOTHER blog. I joined tho. I have blogs living on blogspot and deadfrog already.

#490 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 10:04 AM

Well it's too late, we did it last night. We both thought it would be better to wipe her clean and then get her to pee in a cup, but this is a doc I really trust(ed?), so we did it. I regret it a bit though, even though she handled it very well. It did seem a bit over-the-top

I found their phone number, so I might call them.

Aviva s
#491 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 10:16 AM

Aw Pam sorry, I didn't even think to read the time/date
Keep an eye on her, caths can scratch and that'll hurt when she urinates, and they can introduce bacteria higher up as well, so if she seems to have other symptoms (achy back or stomach, things we look for in UTI), well I'm sure she'll be fine, but just watch out! Silly doc, since she can go potty, she can have a clean catch.

#492 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 10:28 AM

Lisa- I love that last one too! And I love that it includes more mama than just babe, as much as I love the Kaia pic...

LOL Karen on GB in the loo! Something JAC would do in a heartbeat! I wouldn't trust my babe not to come tumbling down at an inopportune moment! :LOL and I think I'd def. laugh if they were mine LOL!

Off to my pt appt. with a cranky baby and Beca fell off her bike and is head to toe in band-aids. wimp LOL!

#493 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 12:45 PM

Popping in. Work is busy today, and I'm hoping to leave early for our little vacation in Lake of the Ozarks this weekend.

1) I have an interview for next week with a company I'd really like to work for coli
My current employer is not matching up with my values anymore.

2) How fast can one pea get through a baby's digestive tract? Evelyn chewed on a snow pea at dinner last night, and before bed she pooped out a nice round green pea.

Poor Beca!
#494 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:17 PM

Jessi, that's hysterical!

Ok, Michelle is having so much fun with the graphics, I want to play too. But I propose this as a pocket size logo, not the entire front of the shirt. And the big bad concert list on the back.

http://gallery.deadfrog.net/album20/shirt

#495 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:19 PM

Hey, where is everyone?!?!

Lauren and I are going with dh to lunch with "the guys" - apparently he's sad that I got to hog her all to myself yesterday.

I left her home w/him while I got my haircut.

#496 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:25 PM

Lisa - I love the pocket size logo idea. And I love the one that you did, that wouuld be my pick!

Andy -Poor Beca. I hope that she has character band-aids. Em loves Dora band-aids right now.

Will is taking a good nap right now. The antibiotics are running havoc on his digestive system and we have green poo now. Dark forest green. So we can add that to the color of poo that this group has had. :LOL

Okay, back to cleaning the house.
#497 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:31 PM

Lisa- glad to have you back! and how awesome you and Jeni got to meet (plus babies too, of course!)
I love that shirt design, but I gotta warn you.... that web graphic might be too low resolution. try printing it out on your printer, or try magnifying it on the program you're using. it might be junk larger. generally images posted on the web are of much lower quality than ones you'd need to print. I live with a graphics guy/ animator.
and yeah, we've used our old ipod to transfer files and stuff a bunch. did it last night with my new one, and when I plugged it into GB's puter it started to update the songs and eventho he stopped it only after a short time, all of my audiobooks and everything was off. had to reload everything. how annoying.

Jessi-
good luck on your interview!
Quote:
2) How fast can one pea get through a baby's digestive tract? Evelyn chewed on a snow pea at dinner last night, and before bed she pooped out a nice round green pea.
:LOL apparently pretty darn fast :LOL

oh, and whoever asked, dh did NOT have the bigger boys with hium in the loo.... if he did, he woulnd't have taken Luka in the stall with him.

am I a bad mama? I have Luka in with Noam and his buddy and they are sitting in a sea of legos..... they are mostly in bins..... his buddy has an almost 2 yo sister so he knows all about keeping the legos away. hmmmm..... I sure am enjoying the time alone tho
#498 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

poor Beca!

Love the graphics Lisa!

Oh Megan is so not napping today. She's a grouch. Not much happening here other than that.
#499 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:34 PM

hey poopoo guru.... I was gonna look it up, but figure I can ask you since you're "here". my friend has been thinking her 4 month old has diarrhea for the past month- has taken her to the ped, did a stool sample, the works. finally ped said nothing is up with the poo. friend says it's yellow, but runny-ish and there aren't always the curds. do you know if that's a specific food thing? since it's yellow, i don't necessarily think it's a bf issue (like foremilk/hindmilk).... I should get out some books, but i'm in bed.
#500 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 01:55 PM

Karen, you are so lazy! Lisa is full of fascinating info, though. I pass on her links to my friends.

Dark forest green, that's pretty neat, Nicole.

Logo - I love the "Crunchy Mamas Delicious Babies" part. Not so crazy about the stick figure. But ya know I'll buy any shirt we decide on. I liked the snuggly Kaia.
#501 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 02:02 PM

I like Lisa's graphic better too. It's funnier. I could possibly colorize the text with the colors everyone loved... I'd have to play with it. As long as there are no copyright issues, it is my vote!
#502 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 02:05 PM

:karen I got stuff from the blue canoe co-op too I'm actually wearing the pants right now. It's kinda a good thing I'm broke right now or I'd be buying more :LOL They are so soft and comfy and the co-op prices were good too.

I'm packing over here. DH's youngest two sisyters are over to help. I don't really trust them packing my stuff and they can't really clean so I've had them enteraining the dc and walking the dog so I can get some packing done

DH got ahold of the landlord two nights ago and our fridge is now in the trash and we have the fridge from the empty apt next door (the one that had the crappy neighbors) I had 2 trashbags full of food that need to be thrown out but my mum cover over today and brought me some milk and like 6lbs of cold cuts I gues I know what we'll be eating for the next couple of days :LOL

The house, mum and her realtor are working out the purchase and sales agreement. There were a few issues with the home inspection and my mum wants to lower the pricew but she says she'll buy it even if they don;t lower it any

Well MIss E has passed out so I'm going to put her down and get back to packing

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#503 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 02:07 PM

Laura - yes :LOL

#504 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Ya congrats Sheri on the fridge and house. SOrry about the wasted food though

huh Andy? yes :LOL what?? I don't get it you talking to me?
#505 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 03:10 PM

Early congrats to you Sheri, on the house. Good Luck packing. I hate packing and moving, but love it when I get to put everything together all NEW (even when there's stuff to be fixed and done).
#506 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 03:38 PM - Thread Starter

Aloha Karen! and Annie too

oh I love that homeschool emot, cool beans.
K is full of energy, I feel it draining from me and fully charging her up :LOL
Megan still hasn't napped, I put on Einstein hoping she'll fall asleep.

K is whining for chicken? go figure, she's never had chicken before. She was whining for a sandwich this morning so I give one to her and says she wants chips, oiy!! help me
me thinks it's her nap time
#507 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

had to do it. Over 500 posts already
dang it so how bout a new thread

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...75#post3642775

dont like it, sue me
#508 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 03:48 PM

Oooh Karen, good point. I'll work on making it a decent pic

And poo - yellow poo - right now Lauren is ALL smooth yellow. I think it's a perfectly ok variant on bf poo. No curds, no chunks, nothing but yellow, like a melted milkshake consistency. I think it just means the babe is efficiently using up all the nutrients, and the curds are the bits baby can't digest.

Jessi - we could probably do 2 shirts, heck, we could let everyone do their own I think

Michelle, what were the colors? I think I can edit that too. Duno though Gotta look at the quality of the graphic first.

I was ALL OVER the website I found the graphic, and I think I know who made it, but I can't find the actual graphic. If we aren't selling for profit, can't we use it?

Laura, Andy said yes to the character band aids

Yay Sheri, being productive!

It's HOT here.

Going to drink water and take hot laptop off lap. Dh is gone all weekend for a volunteer event, so I'm going to go to moms and use her kitchen.

#509 of 509 Old 08-19-2005, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

hmm I didn't say that though, or did I?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page