Janulicious- August #2 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2005, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay!! Freecycle person contacted me They live on base, but I think I can have one of my military mama friends help me pick it up. I've always wanted a hutch!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005, 11:16 PM

Lisa- it's a Hover Sphere. He LOOOOVES it! I drop it on his face and he just crack into peels of laughter. He wacks it across the room, he can grab onto the stays that hold it into spherical shape - it's a GREAT baby toy. It's NOT soft/squishy, so I don't think he could suffocate, but I don't leave him alone iwth it, either.

annie on no time to blog. NOW I have time and all I want to do is go VEG with a movie and popcorn. Noone else is home yet, so I'm just feeling a little lonely. Glad you figured out the pp thing. ug.

My blog now seems to have disapeared...sigh. Best get off and go look for it :LOL

caio mamas

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 08-09-2005, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Old 08-09-2005, 11:21 PM

Hi, I'm back from Maine. The hanna trip was kind of a bust...they had no short sleeve playdresses left in a 70 and almost nothing in a 70 or 80. They had very little summer stuff left in the babies sizes and what they had was almost all 50's and 60's. They had more stuff in 90 and above too, in the older kids sizes. They had LOTS of long sleeve stuff but nothing was discounted very deeply. things that were usually 36 were going for 28, which isn't bad if you are planning on buying it anyway from the catalog, but it doesn't really make it affordable if you weren't. Even the grandma card didn't work, she didn't like any of the boy stuff all that much. (Though she bought him a very cute pair of retro fabric horse print shorts at a farmer's market we went to) Anyway Annie, I'm sorry I didn't get you your play dress But I did pick up a very cute pink hat with green polka dots and roses for the lining for you if you would like it. I tried it on Japhet and it fit him and made him look very girly As far as the adult stuff..the long johns looked great but they didn't have any left in my size, the other adult clothes were kind of just "eh". I think next time we go to Maine we will stop in again though just in case, I'd love a pair of those long john pants in my size and maybe next time they will have more 70's and 80's.

The trip was good, we ate lots of lobster and hung out on the beach. Japhet thinks sand is pretty cool, he liked the waves on his toes and loved going in the pool in a pool pouch. He slept well and didn't even try to roll off the hotel bed during the night, he was a terror in all the restaurants though, he really is not very interested in toys if there are spoons he can bang and throw, menus he can grab and eat, and potential water glasses to knock over.

Aviva
Old 08-09-2005, 11:28 PM

YAY Annie!!! That's awesome! What a great freecycle item

Blog addy

Old 08-09-2005, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom

Old 08-10-2005, 12:15 AM

Andy! :LOL (on your lost blog) (Now, total change of subject) You know what I keep thinking when I see your picture? You have my hair (when it was long). (Did that just now make sense? Anyway . . . you know what I mean.)

Jessi, thanks for the tip about the lanolin. I'm still not sure how this wool business works, but I'm learning.

Lisa, I love that you thought I was JUICY. Actually, I think I'll keep the juicy bit. Next time I'm feeling less than svelte, I'll say, oh, that's okay, I'm juicy!

Jeni, what are you sewing?

Where's Mary and Heidi?

I just found more stuff to add to the TP. Boy, that's going to be fun. I hope I have time tomorrow. I'm already getting some wooden blocks and board books for the babies in exchange, yay!
Old 08-10-2005, 01:33 AM

Joyce - Yah, total mind spaz on the blog. Thank GOODNESS Laura bookmarked it LOL! I have gotten some GREAT stuff for the kids on the TP. I am now trading for a couple of IPF's for an old diaper pattern that I never even opened. Moooooooore diapers! I'm just packing up a box to send to that donation site, though, so it's sort of an even swap LOL!

Ok, off to bed with me. They all came home from Lake George totally pooped and red as lobsters. Beca says she wore her hat, but I see red burn at the hairline, so...

Have a great afternoon, evening, night mamas! Andy

Old 08-10-2005, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
I walked 20 ft. to the mailbox (2 postcards today!!!! Thanks Heather and Jeni!!)
Did you ever get the CD??

DH is supposed to get you a sample of some others...
Old 08-10-2005, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_opihi
Ugh, for some reason pp is only letting me send e checks instead of the instant transfer. I wonder why??? Anybody know why?

Check to make sure your cc info is up to date. My cc had expired, so I had to enter the new card info...

H
Old 08-10-2005, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_opihi
Oh, figured out the pp. My cc had expired, and I forgot to update it :embarrassed.

Oops, I hadn't read far enough. At least I was right
Old 08-10-2005, 03:28 AM

Hey All

We move to fast sometimes. I didn't get a chance to read the rest of the other thread.

Laura - Love the freecycle idea. I'm still up for the longies. PM me your paypal info and I will reimburse you for shipping.

I have a stash of Avent bottles that I am offering up. Miss Picky Princess Emily would not drink from any others, so we have a ton. But Mister Mellow Will won't drinki from anything other than the cheap-o Playtex ones. So, anyone who wants them can have them. Let me know.

You all were way busy today.

Clothes - Too big get stored in rubbermaid. Too small get donated. Helps that we aren't having anymore. Too cute or some that we love just a ton are being kept to be made into a quilt. Some will be kept as special hand me downs for their kids.

Okay, computer getting ready to die. Need to keep the battery up. Going to post this so it gets up there tonight. See ya'll in the am.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Ya for the hutch Annie!

Yeah good thing I bookmarked Andy :LOL

Nicole- I'll let ya know after i ship it what it was. Probably get it mailed Fri or Sat, it's too darn hot for me to go walking w/the girls to the PO. Ok even though I got rid of some stuff, i found a cute trainers bike for K, so I'll probably pike that up. It's so darn cute couldn't resist for only 15 bucks!
Old 08-10-2005, 10:22 AM

Yah I had a UFO one... it was pretty darn cool until dh took it outside w/helium in it and it sailed up over the house... and down the street... and kept on going.

Joyce, yah juicy - there is a difference - juicy looking people are firm, strong, smooth, have that super soft dewy looking skin (like babies!) and come in most every size. I've met very big women who are juicy and skinny ones who are just jiggly. Does that make any sense at all?

Nada else here. Lauren and I had another rough night. I wish she'd just get the darn tooth already!

The guys are comning to insulate the house at 930, which means I have an hour to get L back to sleep (she's about ready) and bathe and eat, because once they are here, I have to leave!

Cya!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:42 AM

Morning All,

Lisa - I'm sorry you had a rough night again. Poor teething Lauren. Some of the "experts" (not sure who, but you know they always use that word) say that teething is the single most painful experience, including birth and that it is a good thing that we don't remember it at all. Based on what the babes go through, I kina believe them.

We had a pretty good night, well Will did. DH was up most of the night with the cold that Will gave him. He can't sleep when he can't breathe, and he just flops around in bed, whcih means I can't sleep. I finally convinced him to take a cold pill, which cleared him up but made it so that he couldn't sleep for more than 45 minutes. So we are exhausted here and it's not even the fault of the babe.

OH! I get to go get my girlie today! She won't spend anymore time away from us like the past 2 weeks! I am so excited. She is so hard sometimes, but I miss her so much when she is gone. YAY!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:15 AM

Oh I am so irritated right now. This state is so backwards about things like NIP. Here is an article in today's paper.
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...nursing10.html

This was a big deal about a month ago, and alot of moms attended the council meeting. It bugs me that bfing moms are being singled out so. I don't particularly care to watch someone give their kid formula if they never tried to bf or just chose to do formula becasue bf was too hard. Ugh.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry for another rough nite Lisa

I saw that article Nicole. Pisses me off
Old 08-10-2005, 12:11 PM

Morning...4O AM here...Violet got up at 3 and is happily playing away....
Old 08-10-2005, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Aviva- glad you had a good time in Maine I love lobster, even though I'm a vegetarian I still love it (and will stray if the opportunity presents itself)

Annie- hope you were able to pop back into bed

So I go to make my self an avacado, tomato sandwich and wouldn't you know it Larry used all 4 of them last night, ugh!!! I even went grocery shopping and didn't buy any cuz I knew I had 4 of them still.

So tired today not like yesterday where I had quite a bit of energy. Don't think I'll get much done today
Old 08-10-2005, 01:19 PM

Laura, are y ou still pumping at all?
Old 08-10-2005, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

yes but defnitely not as much. I pump in the morning and once before I go to bed. I only give her 1 bottle a day now and thats usually the night bottle (or if we go out somewhere, somtimes she won't nurse) before bed. Larry gives it to her, gives me a break
Old 08-10-2005, 01:37 PM

that's amazing Laura!

stuck at home with sick girls. our house smells like barf, a$$ and cat pee (dh needs to change the litter) ugh.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:42 PM

Guys! I have pics of my super-cool dye job on the soaker. Check this out!

before

After
Old 08-10-2005, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

Looks great Jessi

Jess sorry aboiut sick girls and the icky smells, blah. Get your dh to get the cat litter outsy!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:35 PM

Jessi, you did a great job! Beautiful!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:44 PM

I've been having a rough few days over here. If it wasn't for my bf and the ptsd of hospitals, I think dh would have taken me a 2 nights ago. DH stayed homefrom work with me yesterday and is leaving work shortly to come home again. I'm havign some major serious depression over here. My therapist is out of town until tomorrow too. I even concidered letting dh take me to the er but I think they'd want me to stay and I just cannot do that.

On other subjets, Lisa we have the same mobile over our changing table Miss E loves it when we take one of the bugs off and give it to her to play with. Clothing storage, we don't have attic or basement, living in an aprtment. We either put in rubermaid (or el-cheapo) in clostes or get the under the bed storage. I also try to periodricly go through stuff and get rid of some of it to make sure we odn't collect too muhc junk. I think that's a left over from moving 7x in 8 years most of it with little notice.
On the house, my mum's bid got accepted. They're doing the home inspection Mon at 8:30AM, my mum says she's all apporved for the $$ with a workable budget. She's set to close 31 August. I hope nothing falls through. This house will be almost perfect. We'll have a decent sixed yard with room for a garden, it has a deck, an eat in kitchen, a dining room, a living room, 1.5baths (with the 1/2 being off the 2nd florr bedrooms) 2 bedrooms on the 2nd floor and a huge huge bedroom on the 3rd floor. It does need some work, but nothing major, except decarating (wood panaling through out with shag carpet with shaed os brown and orage, except fir the hot pink shag carpeted 1/2 bath :Puke ) the 3rd floor bedroom does need a lot of work, the vinal floor is peeling up, it needs a door, the panaling removed, to be painted and prob needs a new window and some minor electiral (like a couple more outlets) That room is really the biggest thing that need to be done. The rental unit needs a new tub surround a borked window fixed and a hole in wall patched and some big cleaning (the guy who's living there now is a major slob) luckuily the 3rd flr bedroom of the rental side is in really good condition so its fine to rent out as is.

I just keep trying to picture us in the house, where our stuff would go, the kids playing on the deck as I'm cooking in the kitchen, what we'll grow in the garden etc to maybe the universe will smile down on us and everything will go smoothly.

I think I'm going to burn some nag champa (I grew up two doors down from a budhist temple and the smell always gives me a nice peaceful feeling) and brew up a pot of tea

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 08-10-2005, 03:07 PM

Sheri I was wondering about you this morning...Does your therapist have an on call person? Maybe it wouldn't hurt to call, or go down to the ER anyway. I doubt they'll kepp you. But it will sure help lots to talk to someone, mama. How did the LC appt. go yesterday? And the house sounds like a great deal - I know what you mean about trying to picture yourself in the house and stuff.

Aviva - sounds like a great trip!! I've always wanted to go to Maine. I imagine its somewhat like Washington, or Oregon - but really, I have no idea. Sounds wonderful though. Thanks so much for keeping an eye out for the Hanna stuff. Bummer it was so expensive - But you are so sweet to look for me!!!

Jess, whoa - I love the soaker!!! I like the diagonal fade - reminds me of the sunrise or something.

Well, the mornign got even better -around 4:30 Violet took a huge, green diarrhea/cottage cheese poo all over the hardwood floors and rolled around in it. Emergency bath time. I'm soooooooooo tired today. NO chance of a nap either, Kobe has school at 7:30, LLL at 10, and then he gets out at 12 today. Sigh....maybe this afternoon. Definitely a coffee morning. Organic Kona blend, Kathy
Old 08-10-2005, 03:29 PM

Annie I overslept and missed the LC : I was havign such a bad day that dh took Miss E all night and I took a sleeping pill. I think we're just going to wait until our next apt with dr and if she's still not gaining I'll aks for a referal to a lc, its just so hard for me to get out the door my 7:30 to make the 8:30 walk-in time The therapists does have an on-call person but I don't know her and I ahev a hard time talkin to people I don't know so I'm just going to wait until she comes back tomorrow. I wish I could just go down to the er but hospitals really freea me out. I went to the er once for depression and they had me involuntary commited. I was suppoesed to be sent to a low-level ward over night but the paper work got messed up and I got sent to a high risk lock down unit. the type with long twrm dangerous residents, one girl lit a house on fire killing someone, one girl attackeed her small daughter and mother, these were crimally insane people. It was the most horrifing experience of my life

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 08-10-2005, 03:32 PM

annie how much does the kona coffe cost in HI?

Old 08-10-2005, 03:48 PM

Sheri, hugs, you can make it until you can talk to your therapist. Given the choices, I'd probably talk to the stranger vs lock down myself.

Jess, ugh!

Jessi, you are so hyena

I met another cool mama today at bf group. She came over after and took home all of my infant dipes to try out cloth. She's gonna convert, I can feel it. She had a hb with my favorite mw, and she's a chiro. Coolness to make new friends!

Oh and we're having the house insulated today. You know, the blown in chewed up cardboard fluff stuff. So 4 guys in my house, in the yard, letting the dog out, and waking the baby. Thankfully they went to lunch at 1 and I put L down for a nap, so she'll have a good 40 min in before they start making noise again. They drill holes every 16" in the siding and fill the walls, and there are 4 holes in each 16" section going up the house. Very fun. And noisy and messy! But hopefully worth it - our gas bill this winter was $500!

The owner (who is doing the work) went to the school I used to teach at when it was a "good" school and not ghetto. He's really nice, they've been doing a great job, and OMG the old lady upstairs has like 4 closets!! And she had to clean them all out to get to the attic space, so she's been taking buckets to goodwill the last few days. I guess piling stuff in closets for 45 years can do that to ya.

Aaah, turkey sandwich, grapes, iced coffee, I'm a happy (and tired) mama.

Annie, lol on the poo. We had a big mucous one today - gross looking and uncomfortable for her.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.

User Tag List