Janulicious- August #2 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human_Being
I did want to say a few things I remeber from that post....That was the funniest pic EVER of Izzy (and I loved the ruby daycare pics, too. Don't you think you have the cutest girls ever Jess?).
I Totally do...but I think I'm biased :
#122 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 11:33 AM

Joyce - we were just talking about that at LLL last night - kids who get excited about foods at this age often decide to stop eating after a month or so when the novelty wears off...so you might just let her play for now, and end up bfing and no food until a year

Annie, Karen, Andy, Nicole, Laura, anyone wanna comment?

Heather, our renter upstairs (85 yr old lady) leaves her keys in the back door almost once a week or so. We're not worried as far as the neighborhood, even though crime can happen anywhere, it's pretty safe here. Not that I'm ignorant of risks, but we often leave the doors unlocked (but shut) when we're just going up the street or around the block.

L is so ready for a nap but there are circular saws and drills and insulation blowing machines whirring and big men in big shoes stomping up and down the steps.

Maybe we'll go walk. Or something. But I'm hungry again. I need food first.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#123 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 11:36 AM

Good Morning Mamas.

Another day at home...R barfed last night. I think Iz is on the mend. Although she nursed every hour last night to make up for the lack of eating yesterday. I could really use a decent (in the context of being the mom of 2 under 3yo) nights sleep.

I hate being a WOHM sometimes. It's just tohard to do anything as well as I would like.

Heidi- I hate leaving the girls, too. I just have to deal at this point. Although I've been having anxiety attacks and I'm convinced it's separation anxiety from my girls.

Sheri- s hang in there. I hope things start to get better soon.

Heather- It's good to hear from you. I forgot Aine was Isabelle bday buddy.

On the 6 mo ppd/hormone change: This would make a lot of sense to me. I went super crazy at about 6mo pp with ruby and make the rash decision to go back to work. It's also when our nursing relationship really toook a turn for the worse. So my question is, when does it end? I think it would be easier to deal with if I knew it would end soon.

Isabelle is still sleeping (it's 8:30) so I am goingt o go baby Ruby for bit.

Have a good day everyone!
#124 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 11:40 AM

My grandma fell and broke her hip yesterday. She hasn't been doing well before this and had stopped taking care of herself. It's hard to see some of yourself in this very depressed person who doesn't feel that's she's worth taking care of...

Oh and Teletubies are evil....
#125 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 11:48 AM

I've got a call in to my therapist now. Hopefully she'll be able to see me soon.
The home inspection is going to be Monday . I hope that goes well. My mum is being wishy-washy again
I had a very rough day yesterday. I was out the door heading out of town alone, in the same outfit Id been wearing sice saturday and no $$, never to return, when I remeber that my co-op order came and most of it was my sister's and I'd want her to get her clothes so I came back.
DH and I have been fighting. He finally went over and had a real sounding talk with mil after only 1.5years. She claims she didn't think she was hurting anyone and that she likes me just fine, whatever. Now his parents want to talk to me. Honeslty I really don't know how well this is going to go over. I'm quite fed up with mil and really don't think she's a good person and I can't see what this will accomplish besides me losing my temper on mil and giving her a reason to dislike me.
I don't know if anyone remembers the baby shower drama. Short version mil said they were throwing one in Dec for months then Dec came along and no shower. So I didn't get one, becuase at that point this x-mas, new years etc no one else had time to plan one. DH and I were talking about it last night before he talked to il's and it really hurt him too. That makes me even angyer about the whole thing. I can honestly see no reason for not having some sort of shower for us except that mil displikes me that much. My family was going to throw one but mil insisted that they threw it.

oh yeah I just got off the phone with the therapist and I'm going to see her tomorrow, she str.ainghtened out my insurance thing and she's going to call my reg dr about getting the rx called in that I lft a msg for and never got done

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#126 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976
Joyce - we were just talking about that at LLL last night - kids who get excited about foods at this age often decide to stop eating after a month or so when the novelty wears off...so you might just let her play for now, and end up bfing and no food until a year
very true Miss E totally loved food for 2 days and hasn't wanted to eat since

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#127 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 11:55 AM

Jess abour grandma,. noone should get depressed, or fall down and break their hips. We should all be healthy and happy and die peacefully in our sleep when we're just old enough

I like the telitubbies : those boohba guys are pretty creppy though. DH said they looked like un-circ penis's (I hope that's ok to say )

Oh and I forgot who questioned 7yo meltdowns but they are very real as are 6yo, 5yo, 4yo etc they dow come less frequently with age though. However I've been led to believe that after 12 or so they start becoming more frequent, at least with girls, so Andy you'll have to let us know

#128 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

I'm glad you are seeing your therapist Sheri. Sorry about the il issues. That sounds pretty rotten what she did (or didn't do) about the shower. Dang I'd be pissed.

it's hot, i feel dehydrated again. I'm drinking lots of water but still feel dizzy and light headed. I wanted to walk to the farmers market today but don't think that will be happening.
#129 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 11:57 AM

Oh we got some baby bling. DH and I took a drive the other day and found an old exersaucer in the trash. Really old, Jan 1997 old. But its perfect for us, no lights or sounds, its just got a couple of toys and the seat moves all around. It sure has been giving my arms a break from standing Miss E up al day long

#130 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:04 PM

Sheri, ugh, if they insist on talking to you, let them come to you - don't go to their house, that'd be like going to mom's so she can scold you. And make sure dh is there to hear all of it. And just hang in there, you'll be over the runaway hump soon and then moving to a new and nicer place with an area you can garden!

The 6 month depression - yah it hit me too. And it's still coming and going. Where are all the answers about when it ends? I gave dh a hard time the other night because he's been gone for all of it, and I told him that he's going to have to give me 5 hrs. of baby free time this weekend in one big chunk.

L fell asleep with all the noise. Poor baby. We were out late last night.

#131 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom
I'm glad you are seeing your therapist Sheri. Sorry about the il issues. That sounds pretty rotten what she did (or didn't do) about the shower. Dang I'd be pissed.
I'm still pissed and hurt and its not about the gifts kwim. To me, and my sister agress, a shower is a celebration about the upcoming baby its a way to show your happiness that this couple/man/woman are going to become parents. A way to sure the joy that most people feel about bringing a new life into the world. Also a part of it is the fathers family welcoming the mum's family into their own. You swap baby tales, little hints and tips of whats worked and asn't worked for them.
I still feel hurst about it, it feels like the baby wasn't wanted my them or maybe its just me she didn't want. she was so upset that the baby's mum is me that she could celebrate

Quote:
it's hot, i feel dehydrated again. I'm drinking lots of water but still feel dizzy and light headed. I wanted to walk to the farmers market today but don't think that will be happening.
the humidity is supposed to break soon but only for a couple of days but hey I'll take wjhat I can

#132 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial
Oh and I forgot who questioned 7yo meltdowns but they are very real as are 6yo, 5yo, 4yo etc they dow come less frequently with age though. However I've been led to believe that after 12 or so they start becoming more frequent, at least with girls, so Andy you'll have to let us know
LOL no, it becomes teenage hell at that point. You should see my SIL. I have no misconceptions about how bad teens are!

Jess, hugs to you and grandma too.

Laura, do you need something else, like a banana or some juice instead?

Going to go clean up the basement and put the sump pump back in it's little hole where it lives. The basement waterproofing people are coming tomorrow, they don't think the basement leaks, we have a warranty and a wet floor to show that it does. Big rain yesterday, puddles in my laundry room again.

#133 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:10 PM

Lisa they would be coming here. The only disadxvantage to that is I can't just up and go home if I've had enough :LOL and dh is going to be there for the whole thing. I told him here's no way I would do it without him there supporting me and he better be supporting me he has a habit of just sitting silent becuase he doesn't want tp upset anyone, his mum most of all

Speaking of dh its his birthday today and I have nothing to give him : I feel so bad and I don't really have any money to go pick something up

#134 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Sheri I know exactly what you mean about the shower. I looked at it as a celebration of my baby and it wasn't about the gifts. It's just nice to enjoy company of family and friends and celebrate your baby. I was kinda upset I didn't get one w/Megan but with everything that was going on it was understandable. It's still rotten that she said she would do it and never did.

I had some juice, a big glass of OJ. I get lightheaded a lot in the heat, i just don't do well. I'm just trying to sit and not do much. Luckily Megan is just sitting sucking her thumb happy as can be and K's doing so well, thank you girls!!
#135 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:13 PM

hi mamas
missing me?
we were supposed to fly home today and I changed my ticket til tues. it's not that my dad esp needs me here to help, but Luka is brightening everyone's world and I am afraid that if i left my dad would get all depressed. now it'll be a good Long trip and they'll be happy (sorta) to see us go.

I dunno if Michelle posted (luka was fussing so I missed a couple of pages) but we did get to meet up!!! Kaia is such a beautiful and bright little one! She is wide eyed and doesn't miss a THING! what a cutie! Luka was so excited that within 10 minutes he was crashed out in the sling :LOL that's my napper! Michelle is an awesome mama to that precious one (not that you questioned it). It was really AWESOME to meet!!!!

things are good here. its quiet. one nice thing is that since they live in the city, we don't have to drive far for anything. ... very different than home. it's good for a kid who hates the car. my dad s getting out about once a day for a short time (he gets exhausted) so it's mellow. can't complain.

Our one trauma happened last nighgt. I made enchiladas and asked my mom to cut the jalapenos so I wouldn't get their juice on my hands and have to deal with L. so my bro had him and he was eating paper and my mom went to fish it out of his mouth. I didn't know what was up but he SCREAMED bloody murder for about 5 minutes. never screamed so much. we couldn't figure out what was going on. wouldn't nurse, nada. after he did finally calm and I could nurse him, I realized that he was bruned by the jalapeno my mom felt bad..... but who knew????

I've missed you all. the computer is slow..... but I'll try to get on more.

I did see Andy's new pics Orin is looking GREAT! so oooooo cute..... people must stop you all day long when you're out with him!

gotta run. baby needs me. he was up late last night.
#136 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Tell him Happy Birthday from us.
You don't have to get him something, you could always do something special. Like a nice back massage or make him a nice dinner, write him a poem or something sappy like that (hmm maybe I'm thinking more on the lines of what woman would want )
#137 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:15 PM

I should be going through stuff and packing for our hopeful move but yet I'm still on here.

I'm thinking of switching my gp to Miss E's homeopathic dr. I might do that later today. I don't feel any strong attachments to my gp he's ok and half way between work and home :LOL that's his biggest plus. Miss E's guy is closer to home but I think the drive would be about the same from work..........where's the thinking cap smilie

#138 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Karen. I'm glad Luka is cheering everyone up thats wonderful, sorry about the jale incident eeks!
#139 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:16 PM

oh sheri..... didn't read everything but I am so sorry you are dealing with il issues AGAIN! what a drama. sorry! glad you got your therapist stuff worked out from California!
#140 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Tell him Happy Birthday from us.
You don't have to get him something, you could always do something special. Like a nice back massage or make him a nice dinner, write him a poem or something sappy like that (hmm maybe I'm thinking more on the lines of what woman would want )
I alway think along what a woman would want and then I usually end up getting him coffee, coffee for christmas, coffee for our aniversary, coffee for fathers day. I;m sick of getting him coffee. I think I'll get him a card and a babysitter, out fo the house for a couple of hours

#141 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:20 PM

Poor Luka I would have just let him eat the paper, but I'm pretty lax on stuff like htat. My mum def would have fished it would though

#142 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

sounds good Sheri
#143 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:23 PM

Lisa does Zoe ever lick Lauren in the mouth? Louie (the chihuahua) is forever trying to do that to Miss E. She loves it too always opening her mouth and turning it towards him as we're yelling at him to cut it out. He's a pretty licky dog though

#144 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:27 PM

Karen, what size is Luka? I foiund a hungry catapiller shorts outfit that my sister passed down to us from her son wheb I was gouing through stuff and I thought I remember you looking for hungry catapiller clothes. If you want it its 6-9mths size

Oh and Jeni I forgot to thank you but that was so nice of you, I mean Bea. We're strawberrylicious over here

#145 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:48 PM

Good morning mamas! It's almost afternoon, but by the time all was said and done this morning, and it takes me half an hour just to catch up on the reading!, well, so here it is, 11:30. Our neice is going down to NYC today, so we're packing in the last few things we wanted to do together. We had a great day at the pool yesterday, after living throught he doctor thing. Whew.

Sheri - GOOD LORD! Why won't that woman just leave you alone! Honestly. I'd pass it on that you do even want a 'talk' you just want her to treat you WELL when you are hanging out as a family. That's IT. No more crap from her. Sheesh! Poor you I'm sorry for it all and THANK GOODNESS your therapist is back on her (his?) white horse. Phew! Now that's a LOT of those awful issues hopefully dealt with.

I have a zillion loads of laundry to run, as we're off for 4 days tomorrow.

Lisa - WOW! I do the same dumbass stuff. I leave my garage door WIDE open all the time, even to the point where my neighbor has taken it upon himself (and he's 9) to go in the garage the back way and close it for us. :LOL Yk - all that chaos is kinda like white noise...so maybe it HELPED her sleep??? Thanks for the support on the crazy nursing nightmare. Don't know WHAT's up with him. He did nurse to sleep for his AM nap this morning He was tired. speaking of which...an all time high...SIX HOURS STRAIGHT last night! he slept from 10 - 4am. Then from 4:30 - 6:45. WOW WOW WOW! If I'd slept the whole time I'd feel almost human, but I didn't. I went to bed at about 11 and listened to one CD of the Stephen King forever never ending creepy story from Jessi So it was only about 4 hrs. for me, but I still feel better than normal!

On the food thing, beca took to it like a fish to water. She LOVED it once she got it. We started her I don't really know when - just finger tastes for a long time, then she moved to finger foods, then finally we did the bowl and baby spoon thing. She didn't love some stuff, but mostlyl she was an awesome eater. And mostly she still is.

Orin is different. He was gangbusters to start, then stopped. Then started again but slower. He's 6.5 months now, and he eats usually 2x day and it's like 3 cubes of food each time, but sometimes 2 and last night he ate the meat from 3 roasted potatoes, 2 rice bran biscuits and a bit of applesauce.

Oh, gotta say, we watched Because of Winn-Dixie and it was wonderful. Dave Matthews is in it, along with an all-around great cast, and we all enjoyed it.

Jess - hopefully today will be the healing day. No more toddler puke! Well, if there is, hopefully that will purge her little system, poor thing. I hope you are doing something to stay sane - call a friend or someone while they're napping...something to keep yourself from having a toddler melt down (or a 7 yo meltdown LOL).

Yah, the meltdowns now only come about 3 or 4 times a year, and usually when she's SO tired she just can hardly keep herself standing upright. That's when her 3rd or even 4th wind kicks in and she's just on the edge...something happens and WHAM, she's melting. It's not pretty, but I must say, it's a lot easier to deal with at this age then when she was tiny. She's ALWAYS been easy to redirect, so honestly I think we got off easy in that way. Little Kaitlyn is WAY more focused than Beca ever was. She her issues are harder to resolve, because if she really can't have "it" and that's all she wants, well...SOL. With beca, a cookie, a dollie, a sticker would get her off the topic and she'd move on naturally.

Hrmmmmm. I can't remember what else. And time to move along one of many many loads of laundry LOL! Take care and have a good day mamas!!! Hugs, andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#146 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 12:52 PM

Hey Karen - OUCH OUCH OUCH on the sore mouth for the baby! Poor boy I'm lax that way too - paper is just paper, after all. Poor mom - I'm sure she thoughshe was helping ().

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#147 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 01:15 PM

ok, finally got back online, after dh got me a new comp. i was still a few pgs behind on the old thread, and 8 pgs here. i will probably not be able to catch up. :-(

my mom came to stay overnight last night, nice visit, but i think it threw the kids off. abby acted out a fair bit, g has some sniffles. a has been peeing a lot today, like 3 or 4 x per hour, on the floor. i give up.
could it be diabetes? i read a story in new beginnings this month about it.

got our bblp this week, they both use it. g was 16 lbs 3 oz at her checkup.
gotta go
#148 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 01:35 PM

Pam could you try keeping A outside, at least then she'd pee on the ground. I know you don't do timeouts but Mr C had a poo "issue" simular to A's pee, except he was 5 : and it was mostl in his pants. I made him hang out in the bathroom. I explained that we do poo in the bathroom and if he was ging to do it in his pants he could just stay in there. I gave him toys and stuff but he had a bathroom day. Not the best solution but itt did help

#149 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa2976

Annie, Karen, Andy, Nicole, Laura, anyone wanna comment?
Yeah, that is really true for some kids. I've been trying to occupy Vi at the table with a bowl of water and a spoon. Seems to work pretty well.

We have been giving Violet sweet potatoes too, Joyce. I tried squash the other day, and she got green cottage cheese diarrhea. Looks like she's going to be an allergic one, too. Bah.
#150 of 509 Old 08-11-2005, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubysmomjess
Good Morning Mamas.

On the 6 mo ppd/hormone change: This would make a lot of sense to me. I went super crazy at about 6mo pp with ruby and make the rash decision to go back to work. It's also when our nursing relationship really toook a turn for the worse. So my question is, when does it end? I think it would be easier to deal with if I knew it would end soon.
You sound like me. I wish I knew when it ended too. It seems like I'm not feeling so down lately - I'm starting to feel like myself again, but I still have lots of anxiety in the evenings. That's the worst part. I just hate that feeling. Rationally, I'm not anxious about anything, its just a physical feeling like I'm going to jump out of my skin- just the way stress manifests itself in me, I suppose. I've been doing the acupuncture 2x a week, and she gave me some herbs to take, and honestly, I can say so far I'm feeling about 90 percent better. And its only been a week and a half since I started.

Anyway, its NOT a permanent feeling. If you felt like this with Ruby, rememebr that it did go away, over time. When she turns 7 months or so, things will start easing up on you, mama

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page