Janulicious August #3 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just checking in for a last moment of sanity before I brave the WIC office. (shudder) The things I do for a free hospital grade electric breast pump. I agree that you'd sell a bunch of slings if you carried them with you. If I ever get my sewing machine working again, I want to make a few maya-styles to keep with me. I have all this gorgeous fabric I got on clearance at Joann.

Gmail rocks. Best spam filter in the business. Does anyone want an account? I have 100 invites between my 2 accounts. PM me your email address.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 03:14 PM

Poor Evelyn! she'll getplenty of mamakisses later.
Oh and 150 invites, I forgot about Kaia's email account.
#273 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 03:16 PM

hey michelle, are you spaming us about a spam filter? cuz that's whacky!
#274 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 03:19 PM

I need some serious sleep. Ive been so tired the past week and now I really didn't want that right now and it seems like its going to be a rough one, its started out clott-y and cramp-y, tmi I know

We're meeting the daycare lady this afternoon. I've been putting it of for months. I guess I've just been haoping for a a big trunk of $100s to show up on my doorstep so I wouldn't have to go back to work.

Jessi I had a dream about youl last night but I can't remember it. A few weeks ago I had another dream about you that you came to visit with Evelyn and I picked her up and even though she looks really heavy she was super light, lighter than Elizabeth and something else happened but I can't remeber now.

I never answered my ttc poll, we're thinking we;re going to start when Miss E is 2. Sometimes I think maybe we should wait longer. Mary, you're already ttc? How's that going.

Miss E had a check-up yesterday and she's gained 1lb in 3 weeks, she's now 14pounds.

Joyce my commute is 40miles each way

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#275 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 03:33 PM

Yeah, gmail is the best That's what we use too.

About the EC/Regression thing - wouldn't it be hard to pinpoint exactly what caused it? Its pretty normal for Any 2-3 year old to regress after their mama has a baby.

Michelle, good luck with WIC. I know the WIC here in Hawaii is awesome. We're not on it, but I've come across them lots for different bf events and stuff - they are very PRO here. I hope it goes well for you.

And Jessi . I know how much it sucks not being there. But she's got her sweet nana, and I'm sure she's fine. How scary though. That would totally freak me out too. Anything wiht necks...shudder...
#276 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 03:44 PM

omg my mum just called and now it sounds like she's having seconds thoughts on the house and now she doesn't want to close until the end of Sept. We're supposed to be out of here 1sept and we just told the landlord that she is buying the house and we'll be out by then. Almost all of our belongings are packed. I don't know what we are going

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#277 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 06:28 PM

On no, Sheri. That's not good? Would you be able to stay with her for the extra few weeks it takes to close? Aggggghhh. Added stress that you DON"T need.

Ok, so I am like, totally beyond irritated with our CSA people. Fisrt of all, we order a "family gourmet box" whatever that means. Bascially, we get extra greens and extra fruit. So far, I have seen neither. I specifically requested that we get a whole pineapple. And for the past two weeks, we have gotten half, of and unripe pineapple. Now - I live in Hawaii. Its not like pineapples are in short demand. Second, they keep giving us green bananas. And not just green for a few days, and then they're fine. Like rock hard, picked way too damn early green. We've had to throw them away for the past few weeks. Again, I live in HAwaii. How hard is it to get ripe bananas??? Please. Third - I requested foods that our whole family will eat. That means do not make our sald greens full of some sort of spicy ass, leafy green vegetable that burns the backs of all our throats so bad we can't eat it. Is that kid friendly? No, its not. I pay 20 dollars a week, and this is what I got in my box - half an unripe little a$$ pineapple, some green unedible bananas, some spicy salad greens, a head of lettuce, a small bag of kale, a small bag of like 5 spinach leaves, a 1/2 a sandwich bag of sprouts....grrrr....they are supposed to put avocado and papaya in there too, but apparently they forgot (again). I want to support them, and community ag -but really, this is ridiculous.

Ok, rant over...
#278 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 07:34 PM

Annie, I totally get what you are saying about the CSA. One week we got like 4 ounces of salad greens, an onion, some moldy strawberries, rock hard peaches, (peaches should not crunch), 2 bulbs of garlic and 3 potatos. It was totally not worth it.

Pam: yeah I guess so.

Wic went well, other than the fact that they reminded me that I am overweight and told meto feed Kaia juice.

Off to look at houses. Wish us luck!
#279 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 PM

NAK

Annie we have a CSA where you pick it up and so you can pick and choose what you want out of what they have. It has seriously lowered our grocery bill. Maybe there is a differnt one that is run more like that? Or are we just lucky that we have several to choose from? One of them here even does far raised meat.

I just had a long talk with my one other friend who has a baby and we have decided that we just don't like other mommies

Aviva
#280 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Sheri- ugh man bet your mom is really irking ya. Can't she make up her mind. Congrats on E's weight gain, woo!

Good luck w/houses Michelle!

would of loved to join in on the posse but I have no clue about all that stuff

totally forgot what I was gonna say next, my mind just went blank............
#281 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 08:18 PM

whats a csa?

#282 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 09:43 PM

woah, alltime slow day for us

dh and i just ran a bunch of errands, got a lot of crap done that i usually have to do alone.

michelle just smile and nod and use the juice for you

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#283 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviva
I just had a long talk with my one other friend who has a baby and we have decided that we just don't like other mommies
Present company excepted, I hope!
#284 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 12:00 AM

Yeah, Aviva, present company excepted? :LOL

Do you just not like all the estrogen and petty domestic stuff, and the inability to discuss politics, books, or anything not licensed by Proctor &
Gamble? That's always been my problem. For a while, I thought that was the only way to do the motherhood thing.

Then one day I saw this one mother at my organic veggie co-op. She was wearing her baby with a 3m rebozo and they both looked like they were having so much fun, she still had a life and an opinion on everything, was active in a lot of different community groups, etc. All the other mommies I knew had become stressed-out bundles of nerves because they were trying to balance work and family, servants capable of discussing only domestic matters (cooking, frozen vegetables, cleaning, and the PTA), stuff like that. But when I saw that mother, I saw a new way of doing motherhood, and I liked it.

Or maybe that's not what you meant at all.

Jessi, can my DH e-mail you sometime about your job? We were on a walk and after this week, he's been thinking careerwise and might want to jump ship in 2006 or 2007 and change careers. Is the grass always greener? Maybe. But he wants to get a feel for what his options are.

And how was Evelyn?

Sheri: CSA: Community Supported Agriculture. The premise is that people pitch in by donating time and/or money to sustain a farm that can provide fresh, local organic food.

Michelle: I would have thwacked the WIC person.

You know, I am so hungry. So hard to do everything I need/want to do during the day (you know how long it's been since I've shaved my legs?! :LOL), that it's just so hard to sit and cook . . . and then eat what I've cooked. I'm going to eat and then work on tying up some loose work and EllaRoo ends. I'll be back later. Hope everybody is having a good night.
#285 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 02:16 AM

Hey All -

Jess - Sorry to hear about Miss E. I hope that the chiro was able to make it all better, of course in addition to some good loving by mom.

Lisa - I am taking Viactiv. Tastes better. But does not appear to have mag. Is that important, or is it the calcium? It has vits D and K in it.

Kathy - That's cool that you all were so attached to SIL. It's nice to have someone to be with during the day. Sorry that Tess is having a difficult transition with her being gone. for Tess.

Sheri - Got the package today! Thanks. Sorry that you have to go back to work. Is the daycare lady going to bring Miss E to you or are you going to pump? Congrats on the weight gain! Answer to your poll: Not TTC anymore. We are good with the 2 we got.

Annie - I don't blame you for being pissed. I would be too. Can you threaten to drop out and see if that gets results. Perhaps you need the Janulicious mamas to come and whomp on them. :LOL .

Aviva - I have issues with other women too. I find that most of the women I work with act like they are still in high school, all cliquey and stuff. Plus, while I don't get looked at oddly for the bfing (I work in the state health department, specifically the nutrition office responsible for WIC and we are really pushing bfing) they all gave me looks for the pouch, the MT, and the CDs.

Michelle - I can't believe that the WIC people suggested juice already! I would seriously consider reporting that to the state. Peds don't even recommend juice. Most consider it junk food and wasted calories!

We just got back from getting Em's birthday presents. Her birthday is Tuesday and she wants princess stuff this year. We got that, along with some montessori stuff like perler bead, and a box with a bunch of latches and things on it. My dad made that one.

Okay, better go. Have a great night!
#286 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 06:11 AM

hi mamas
I've been MIA today. We've been having relationship issues- nothing new, but the stress of everyone being sick definitely exacerbated stuff. we were fighting yesterday at dinner and he stomped off and left in his car. Didn't come back until 10:30 (this is new.... never done something like that). we talked a little today, but it was a little weird. i'm too tired to get into it, but it was just an odd day.
On a happier note Noam woke up telling me he felt really good. He ate a piece of toast (1st food in 2 days) and did alright with it. woo hoo, I thought. Then Ra'am got sick.... and then Noam complained that his neck hurt. I just kept trying to shove food and drink mostly down his throat (he's definitely looking skinny and I'm sure he was dehydrated). In the eve I realized that both boys are complaining about sore/stiff necks0 in the back. Now I'm paranoid that they have meningitis. I'm going crazy here.... this is not like me. anyhow, if the necks are bothering them in the am, we're going to the Doc.
can you tell there's been some drama here??
#287 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 08:41 AM

Aw, Karen!

Michelle: Did you point out the irony in what they said? Yeesh. Not that I expect them not to push juice, since it's one of the main things they pass out. :

I hope Evelyn's feeling better.

Aviva: I told Mike about the general store and he's heartbroken. We haven't been through there in a couple years.

I've never gotten along with other women either, for the most part. There are so many shallow people out there. I blame it on damaging socialization tendencies of Western culture.

Family reunion today. I'm not entirely looking forward to this.
#288 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 10:29 AM

Annie, that's true about regression regardless of EC. I guess for me I just figured that since I

did EC with her, it wouldn't be a problem, and I think that's at least part of where I went

wrong. I'm getting a couple kissaluv size 2's from the tp, and we only have one. Good since

she's outgrown her sandy's.

Jessi, hugs for your broken baby.

Sheri, I hope your mom stops waffling!

Annie, hope you get a better box of produce. That really sucks.

Juice!!?? Pity the poor babes whose moms actually take that advice.

Other moms: it's the ones that are mainstream and act like there's something wrong with you for the way you do things. Although I gotta say, that the other day at the park in my sister's town, I got two positive comments about my sling from other mommies! :-) And the local waldorf school had a babywearing class the other night. $40 included a wrap carrier. I didn't go because we're broke, and I only found out about it that day (and I'm looking forward to my MT from Nicole, so I can wait it out!), but maybe it'll mean more babies carried around here!

Karen s Sounds like a super rotten day! Hope your boys feel better.

So I ordered the teapot for A. Still not sure which waldorf doll I'm gonna get, it depends how/if the co-op goes. I'm thinking about getting two, so I can make one for G, but I don't know if I can afford it. I want to get pretty big dolls, but I also want pre-made heads with noses...
I'm also getting A the book "Wild Child" by Lynn Plourde. I figure it's fitting as she was born right around the Autumn equinox, and she's very wild. I also want to buy "Playful Learning", the preschool homeschooling book, as I think it would help me (and A) quite a bit.

For A's birthday, we're having a tea party, with a teapot theme. I'm really looking forward to it. I've got games planned, some sweets etc...
We're still waiting to hear if she'll get into that free preschool prgram at the local family support centre. It turns out this year they have more kids than spots, so they're having to narrow it down some. A's language is coming along, though, it's been steadily improving since 2 1/2, and she's finally started saying "wa" for water, instead of "aguah" (and, no, we hadn't exposed her to spanish...). G started really babbling the other night. At first it sounded like "da-da", but yesterday, it turned into more of a "blab-blab-blab" but she'll do it more like 20 seconds... It's so cute! She's also very determined with standing. Yesterday we were outside, and she just kept doing it over and over. She'd pull up on my leg, let go, stand alon for 4-6 seconds, then plop down. Then she'd get back up... not phased at all by landing... Once yesterday, I think she thought about taking a step... yikes! She was about a foot away from a pice of furniture and she was standing up leaning againts me, and just lunged forward to it, to hold on.

Ok, time for breakfast. Dh is being a sweetie and entertaining both kids downstairs. I've had 20 minutes to myself!

It's gonna be hot this weekend, so I think we're gonna go to the beach one last time before it gets cold. What a quick summer!
#289 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Karen hope your weekend is brighter

Pam- wow sounds like a great idea for a party, should be loads of fun.

Happy early Birthday Emily

Busy day today. Just went out and did some yard sales. Got some good deals! Then we are going out to a Veg BBQ to help support a local farm sanctuary, so that ought to be fun!
I just set the date for Megan's bday party

Hope you all have a great weekend
#290 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 01:00 PM

Hey Mamas!

Ok, I'm going to actually hope to post something with replies this morning. I've read up from the last couple of days, anyway... no hopes of completely catching up with you chatty Mamas!

Laura, there is no smilie to adequately show how envious I am! Geez, the Farm Sanctuary! I'd so love to go. Have a blast and enjoy all of the delicious veggie food! sigh.... not much luck of finding anything like that around here! :LOL You know, I didn't even realize you are Veg until a couple of weeks ago. Cool! That's amazing that Megan's birthday is coming up.... where does a year go?!?!

Pam, the teaparty theme sounds great! I'll bet A will love it. You sound really refreshed Wow, can't believe that G is able to stand for a bit unassisted already!!! That girl's got BIG plans!

Jeni, hope the family reunion is fun... or at least bearable!

Karen, Sorry about the relationship stuff. I find it so hard when communication breaks down. I hope all is mended today and that you have a chance to reconnect. Geez, it's hard to find time to talk openly when you have little ones with BIG ears, isn't it? I've missed that your boys are sick... Good to hear that Noam's feeling a bit better, and I hope it passes you all quickly!

Nicole, happy early birthday to Emily! Welcome to 3! Wow, seems like a lot of us have older ones within a month or two in age, huh? Thanks for the hugs for Tess. She's gotten over Auntie being gone, I think.... now it's me missing my coffee sippin' partner.

Joyce, sounds like it's busy over there! With 2 little babes, how could it be any different hey? Sounds like you met a great Mama at the co-op! I miss that about Toronto. There were a few spots where you could almost be guaranteed to meet a crunchy one or two. Are you going to hook up with her? (hee hee, sounds like we're in the singles scene again!)

Jessi, poor Evelyn!!!! I'll be looking for your update on how she's doing! Loads of to all of you!

Annie, on the tandem issues. Oh, that has got to be so tough.... and I just have to say (again!) how much I admire you. Your babes are so lucky to have such an amazing Mama. Keep good care of you too, though!! No good to anyone if you waste away Seriously though, do you get a bit of a break now and then? You seem so chipper and upbeat, and I sure hope you get a chance to breathe and walk on the beach now and then.

Sherri, ugh. Sorry about the ongoing mom & housing woes. You must be BEYOND ready for all of this to be settled!

CSA - I've seen that mentioned in the Good Eatin' forum and always wondered what that meant but kept forgetting to ask. I'll have to look and see what we have in our area (although I guess for this year we might be late?? Never know in the South)

Other Mamas - It all depends. I have some female (and Mommy) friends that are like sisters to me. Seriously, in many ways they are my family. Two I've known since our pre-baby days, and one I met when Tess was about Brynn's age. I get annoyed by "cattiness" of some women, and the competitiveness and judgments. I am really laid back and tend to get along really well with guys, and am not at all into the shopping-makeup-gossip-spa day kind of life that so many women seem to love. Still, the women that I've connected to are so important to me. I don't do well with the playground crew though - couldn't care less about most of what they talk about and they think I'm a hippy-freak anyway. Give me a woman with a critical mind and a wicked sense of humor!

Tess needs a bit of Mama time, so I'll head off for a bit. Sorry to anyone I missed - - Lisa, Michelle, Aviva hello!!
#291 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 03:19 PM

it's a new day and the sun is shining

we are going to meet with that hs group today- yk, the infamous group. the kids are complaining : i guess we can always bow out of the whole thing if they don't enjoy. of course, if we do, it'll likely fall apart since right now there are very few families.... but it's for them, not for me..... see, when they get older they complain heavily about stuff, but then they usually have fun. I hear things like "Do we HAVE to go to the beach AGAIN??" and thne I can't tear them away. sigh.

annie- we had similar issues with our csa. they're defunct now. it was run by a family who moved here from minnesota or something and had some pretty grandiose ideas. I don't think they realized how hard it can be to mass produce food here.- torrential rains, searing sun, pigs, bugs, etc...

Kathy- we always miss fun friends when they leave. it's so great to wake up and have extra adults to chat with- and just to have a few extra hands around. the fun ones always leave a hole.

Oh, I have lots of mommy friends. I get along great with women. BUT.... I kinda have to pick and choose them. I hate baby comparing and all that crap that goes along with mommies. And then I also can't stand the mommy park scene- which I don't engage in at all here, but do at my parent's house (though there's a lot of nannies instead of mommies there). I should say that all of my mama friends are pretty crunchy tho.

that's all the time that Luka's allowing. Sorry for all I missed!
#292 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 04:12 PM

Morning Mamas

Its a beautiful day here. Wow!

Karen, I'm glad things are seeming better. Its no fun fighting with dh's. WE had a big blowout the other day too - after talking for like, 2 hours, and a walk around the block, we finally came to some resolution-but sheesh.

I'm assuming the boys are feeling better, thank goodness.

Jessi - Any update on Ev's neck?

Pam, sounds like a cool tea party. I looooooooove the idea. I was going to say, you might want to contact Rebecca @ WheresWaldorf.com. I don't know if she'll do a coop on dolls or not -but it doesn't hurt to ask, eh?? She's super nice too

Kathy . I'm glad you're back.

Mama friends - I don't usually have a hard time making girl friends. My issue, here in the isles, is that most of the ap moms I've met have been military - and parenting style is kind of where our similarities end. So, thats a big bummer. But I have lots of neighborhood friends, and some moms from Kobe's preschool that rock (it was a montessori based coop)...and some people from work. Back in California, I had a very tight knit group of friends (girl and boy) we'd gone to school together, lived in Arcata together, traveled around together...I'd really consider them more like family. Alot of us are parents now, ....Anyways, I've had a few come visit, but I really miss them.
#293 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Karen- so glad that sun is shinning!!
good luck w/the hs group

Kathy- the sanctuary was nice. It's actually only a few minutes from here they got lots of animals. They even have over 70 cats! they take cats in from people who don't want to drop them off at a shelter.
Definitely my type of people. One lady thought my sling was so nice and I was nursing Megan right there at the bbq, no nasty comments looks or nothing. One lady walked by and said "thats so sweet' K had a blast of course

here's some pics, not sure if you can see the page or not ?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91368928@N00/

yeah as for mamma friends. I definitely need my own kind. I just can't get along with the "mainstream" type mammas very well. I mean they are ok to talk to now and then at the park or something but usually they just look at me funny. I love the mommas in my hs group and in my AP group, which most of them are mdc mommas.
#294 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 07:09 PM

Well, I got caught in traffic, and missed the showing of the house that we are wanting to rent. No curtains, so we poked around and looked in all the windows. It's NICE. We are submitting our application Monday morning. Wish us luck!

So Kaia only had 7 wet dipes yesterday, and went from 3 pm to almost midnight without a wet. I offered her a cup of water, and she did drink some, but not an atypical amount, and she was nursing (for a minute or two) and gulping down milk. It was pretty hot here yesterday, she was sweaty for parts of the day and her mouth was drooly-fine and when she bumped her head there were plenty of tears. She was acting normal, if a bit overtired and cranky, but I attribute that to bad mama pulling her out of the carseat everytime she fell asleep all morning while rushing to get errands done. We're trying to take it easy and nurse today, but she doesn't seem to want to nurse much or for long. There's milk, but she just has things to do. She is nursing, I'd say 10 imes a day for a couple of minutes except first thing in the morning, when she will nurse longer in her half awake state. So should I worry? I feel like I should bump up the pumping again, but it's getting harder to do when she's awake, and I can't pump with her asleep on my lap.

BTW, normal, good gaining wets for her is like 12-14.
#295 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 07:18 PM

Nicole, yah the mag is important, but I can't remember why

Karen, hugs to you for having a crazy day, and :P at dh for being a weenie and running off.

Other women - lol, sounds like we are all having affairs. I hate women. Always have. Since middle school almost all of my friends have been male with a few exceptions, and as a mama, I'm still in that mode. Although you guys rock, and I've been slowly collecting a few open minded forward thinking crunchy mamas along the way.

Pam that school having sling classes is awesome!

Lauren is chowing on my IKEA paper measuring tape. Aaah I love simiple things!

Whooops! Started this early this morning and never finished.

Laura, sounds like an awesome trip.

Michelle, if you've had a funky crazy day or two and it's hot, I'd say take a deep breath and wait for tomorrow or the next day before doing anything new. Maybe all the goings and comings and such have just gotten her preoccupied. We've had a busy day too, and Lauren has only had 3 dipes today so far (it's 5 here) since she got out of bed at 9. And it's super humid and hot here and my parents, brother, his gf, were all here, we had a big rainstorm (she LOVES storms) and we've been sewing and ripping up the kitchen floor and playing in the rain, so less time to nurse as well.

Ok gotta think about making dinner.
Lisa

#296 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 08:26 PM

Taking a deep breath as ordered. Thanks, Lisa. It sucks. I was SO confident for the first 10 weeks with breastfeeding, and now I am so afraid all the time. Have I told you guys that you are my rock, lately?

So on to another project... I'm putting together a wish list for my largely clueless but fairly cool family to avoid a Christmas tree full of baby bling that I will hate. Other than the following: Where's Waldorf, Hearth Song, Three Sisters Toys, A Toy Garden, can you suggest some safe online shopping venues for me to turn my family loose in?
#297 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 08:41 PM

Michelle, lol I'm doing the same. Lauren is going to get her very own Christmas website for the fam to shop from.. complete with links to exact items

You can create a registry at felicite.com with links and prices from any web page...

HABA has cool stuff. Also, uhh.. gah, all my links are missing! I'll have to look downstairs. For sure we're going to ask for a play stand, a doll house from Ryan's Room, and some other fun stuff that my links are missing from.. gotta go hunt them down!

http://www.oompa.com/
http://www.hatchstuff.com/default.asp
http://www.moolka.com/
http://www.rosiehippo.com/
http://www.magiccabin.com/
http://www.uncommongoods.com/
http://www.learningexpress.com/jsp/homePage.jsp

#298 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 09:04 PM

Uh....somebody please send me some self control!! I went berserk with the online yarn shopping yesterday (www.knitpicks.com) and then today, I had to go to Honolulu to the yarn store to get some needles. Supposed to spend about 20 bucks, ended up spending about 50 :

Michelle, after 6 months, its hard to get a good guesstimate with pees, I think. Babies will start to spread out their feedings, usually to every 3-5 hours, sometimes longer. Violet has been having about 6-7 diapers a day. But the three that we do at night are huge, completely sopping wet diapers, the daytime ones are barely wet. I think as long as she's not dehydrated, she's fine. She's just moving on to a new phase in her life- new discoveries, new eating habits My boys weighed 21 and 23 pounds at 6mos. At one year they only weighed 24 and 23 pounds. But they were fine. Makai didn't gain ANY weight at all - but he was totally healthy and thriving.

Ugh, its like in the 90s here, and the humidity is over 100 percent, I think. Yuck.
#299 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_opihi
Michelle, after 6 months, its hard to get a good guesstimate with pees, I think. Babies will start to spread out their feedings, usually to every 3-5 hours, sometimes longer.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA where do I sign up? Lauren still nurses at least once an hour when awake, sometimes more.. and at night, well we won't go there.

#300 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 09:44 PM

Ack. Lost post and I have to go start dinner.

Annie: Control yourself. How are you going to spend any money at Rumpelstiltskin in Sacramento if you already spent all your money!

Lisa: Thanks, I'll check out the links.

Cool thing: The Sac Food Co-op has a program where they give anyone on WIC an extra 10% off anything they buy. Toothpaste, toilet paper, milk, oatmeal, ice cream, candles, books, baskets, anything int he store. Even stuff on sale, even of member days when we already get 15% off. How cool is that? We saved 7 bucks last night!

We're at 8 wets today, and they've all been pretty wet, so I am trying not to stress.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page