Janulicious August #3 - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yuck, my blood sugar is like majorly crashing. I didn'y eat a good, high protein breakfast this morning, woke up with a majorly huge migraine.

Now, I'm all shaky and feel like I'm going to pass out. and I just flipped out on Makai for stepping on my toe. I just ate a banana, a muffin and some chicken, and chugged like half a pitcher of apple juice and drank a soda. So, hopefully it will come back up in a few minutes. I'm guessing its down around 50 right now. I hate feeling like this.....
#302 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 10:12 PM

http://www.babystyle.com/common/dPro...=babybest-toys

this too Michelle

g'nite mamas!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#303 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 10:44 PM

Hiya mamas : Well, we had a decent trip - but more importantly, Beca seems to be ok. phew. I gotta say, my mother is seriously poisonous. And my dad, well, as much as I love him, he's just not an empowered person. Never stands up for himself, or his kids, I must say. Never did. But he's a real sweetie, and means well The ground my mom and I share is shopping (which I hate), but we did get me some new tops and she bought me a cashmere stole in pumpkin orange that is to DIE for! I am SO happy! I bought a pretty sunburst pin in greens to pin it And we found a great kids store having a blow out sale on summer stuff, such cute things! Dream come true, really. Loads of stripes, dinos, a few trucks, cats/dogs, butterflies, etc... and these are on the BOYS clothes! Ori got the cutest velour sherbert orange footsie with a froggie on the front - a frog with SERIOUS character So he got bunches, and I got a Chez shirt for Beca, some hiking boots in purple for her (omg, is she in LOVE!), and what else... oh, some painting books (like coloring books, but they come with a watercolor paint tray on the cover) for like 10cents each Beca loves those. And we went to the Norman Rockwell museum today, which was AWESOME!!! Orin was on LOUD the entire visit, so I didn't get in as much as I myself would have loved,but I got to see pretty much all the rooms, just had to sort of breeze through the basement, which was more historical and had family photos and stuff. waaaaaa. oh well. His studio was the best part, and Jerry took Ori in the backpack for a walk so I could take my time getting through it. Rockwell is for sure my fave artist ever. I am not super aesthetic, and his stuff just resonates for me. I got some nice cards in the shop, but no time for more as the little fella was just wanting some fresh air and grass in his toes, and nothing would change his mind. The property there is amazing, too, beautiful vistas looking over the Housatonic River and the Berkshire mnts. all around... so amazing. Sleeping last night sucked big time. Jerry wakes Orin up every 20 mins when he rolls, snorts, coughs, etc. And he was just so upset that by 2am he blew up and hollared for like an hour and a half. FINALLY I kicked jerry out on the couch and Orin and I slept till almost 7am. He took a 3 hr. nap later in the a.m., and was rubbing his little eyes (with hands covered in mini-broc. florettes) by 7:30. So he's out like a light and hopefully will sleep well tonight. whew. all in all, not too much sniping, beca had good bonding with my folks, Jerry got some time away from office and lawn, and I got some new tops and a stole and a pin

Now to you all!

Jessi - WHAT'S WITH KEEPING US IN SUSPENCE??? How is Evelyn!? I guess FINE or you would have told us, but MAMA! We are WAITING!!! :LOL I sure was sad to read about the fall, and I do hope there's nothing residual! Good nana for being on the ball and not letting it slide, and calling you asap. And yk, kids will fall a zillion times and we only ever get to kiss about 1/1000 of the boo-boo's. There will be loads more for you to nurture, but for missing the first one.

Annie - Yup - CSA's can be tough. I actually bailed from the one we were in, just 'cause of those reasons. I have recently found another (further away) farm that will allow me to select what I want from what's on hand at a drop off point (like Aviva's). So maybe for next year. Kathy - I DO rec. getting in touch, because there are LOADS of fall fruits/veg. that they will have coming in and they will probably give you a prorated cost to join

Laura - it really sounds like you had a busy but GOOD and fun weekend. YAY!!! Tomorrow I'm hoping to work on your story. I know...not the first time I've said that, but w/jerry home and Ori hopefully taking a good nap at least once, I should be able to do SOMETHING!!!

Az - !!! I'm so so sorry your mom is driving this one to the wall. There is really nothing you can do except breathe through it. If you are desperate for a place, call the HUD office (or local equivelant) and explain. They almost always have short term rentals for reasonable rates.

Karen - Glad you worked through those nasty dh issues - illness is always tough, but often it does lead to growth and strengthening in the long run (sometimes so darned long it's hard to see the end of the tunnel ) At least it sounds like the boys are feeling better. Meningitis is SCARY!!! Let's all root for a few drama-less days for you

Kathy - sorry about missing your AWESOME sil! And a toddler sized for T. I know how hard it can be on little ones who don't have a lot of words to express their feelings. I hope everything is evening out ... btw - I've been loving the tazo chai w/soy milk, so when we have our farm co-op, we CAN have a starbucks 'cause even the non-coffee drinkers will have something to drink that is just SO SO SO yummy! I feel like part of the crowd now

Lisa - I just remembered what I wanted from Ikea :LOL And is dh being SUPER nice and sweet and helpful because he's leaving for a month, or WHAT? Seems he's been on your good side since last weekend's debacle. Or is he improving overall in leaps and bounds He does sound like such a sweet fella, just somewhat, um, musguided?

Michelle - your Kaia is doing so well - and you know her best. Hot days are tough to guage, so ... how was she today? What a ride, you've had!

Nicole - yay! on Will sleeping through again I can dream of the days... and a big YAY for having women around who understand at least PART of what you do, and WHY. Around here it's tough, I'll tell ya.

Aviva - did you sell you MT? Just wondering if you got linked into that Yahoo group. Or on the TP here...

On the girlfriend front, well, I have a few super great mama friends, some who are crunchier than me, but most about the same leve, though we do things somewhat differently. No catty crapola, and I guess that's part of why I love them so much. On the flip side, I do generally have more male friends than female, which has been true for me since forever (neighborhood kids were mostly boys and I was a matchbox car kid, not a barbie kid). For me it's more about meshing fun with intelligence and not grinding too much on each other's personality bumps. And sticking to one place long enough to make some good friends. I think just now I'm starting to have some good girlfriends in this area (3 yrs. this month).

Well, it's time for me to go sort laundry and get the dog's bowl filled and other odds and ends that have been neglected in the chaos of getting home, cooking dinner, getting kids clean in the bath, and bedtime. kwim have a great night mamas!!! Andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#304 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:00 PM

I'm not really hating mommies I don't know if you guys count or not though because I haven't met you I assume I would like you but who knows. I do feel like sometimes it seems that if you become a mom you lose your sense of humor...and I don't get that, I didn't lose mine just because I had a kid, neither did I lose my brain or my desire to talk about something other than baby einstein. However, I'm sure that there are moms around who are also that way, but either I'm just not meeting them or I'm meeting them and not connecting with them somehow.

Mostly my friend and I are mad at our own social ineptitude. I'm lucky that I live in a place where AP parenting is if not the norm, at least is a pretty common choice. In fact I've met plenty of moms that seem nice enough but it feels so much like high school anyway, or maybe those first frantic weeks of college for me, where everyone was trying to meet people and it just felt like I was constantly missing out..I'd come back from class and everyone else would have just left to go out for pizza together. I always felt one beat behind, seriously out of the loop and yeah, its kind of cliquey and I'm just not much into cliques, or groups in general. So here I am meeting lots of people that seem nice enough but I'm just not making the kind of connections I want to.

And well, in real life, I'm sort of in the same situation I am in with this group, I joined a mom's group late, after everyone else had some shared experiences for a few months. (I just couldn't get out that early with Japhet, we live further away than anyone else does and he hated the car at first) so I feel like a bit of an interloper no matter how often people tell me I'm welcome. Then to top it off, I just sort of feel so desperate to meet other moms and of course desperation is so unappealing.

The thing is, to me, it feels like I just moved here, and of course when someone is new to an area, it makes sense that they would be a little eager to meet people. But then people ask and I have to admit that I actually moved here four years ago now. Its really awkward because I don't want to say "Well I moved here four years ago but first I was suffering from PTSD (sept 11th NYC) and then had some family issues that kept me occupied and then I got pregnant and my baby died, and then we had a really scary pregnancy where I was on bedrest and stuck in the house for most of it....but hey I'm fine now, want to have some coffee?" Um yeah, if someone said that to me, I'd probably run screaming. Its just not the way I want to start a friendship, but I have no other way to explain why after four years of living here I'm just starting to get out and about and meeting people now. My husband has some lovely friends here but first, no matter how much I like them, they are really his friends, and second they are all childless and at work during the day while I'm free, and third even if none of that was a barrier for some reason they all live kind of on the other side of the valley from us.

I just want a couple of people I feel comfortable hanging out with, without it having to be a huge group of random moms all the time but I don't know how to get from going to these large "mom's group" meetings to having any real friendships. Its also just really hard not being able to tell the whole story, but the one time I did let it slip with someone I liked and was becoming friendly with, the mom never called me again. I have no idea if it was personal or not, but either way I feel like I spilled my story to someone I will never see again.

Ugh, what a whine! Sorry, its really not so terrible but I did feel just absolutely desperate to see my one mommy friend who doesn't live on the other side of the country and while we were talking about igetting together, we decided of course that it was just everyone else's fault and couldn't be blamed on the fact that she and I together have the social skills of your average hermit living in a cave in the desert and so we just hate other mommies (but of course not really)

Aviva
#305 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:07 PM

Andy, I'm an idiot, for some reason I thought you were going to be in eastern MA (got Lenox confused with somewhere else) and it just clicked that you were in the berkshires and I probably could have met you. Shoot.

Aviva
#306 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:10 PM

Oooh, magic cabin has great stuff. Also what's that place downstate ny...I'll go looking online and see if I can find it. all waldorf all the time. they're great um, anything wooden, musical (not electronic), crafty (not playdough though) like fingerpaint, and you can ask for WHITE clothing that you can dye, stamp etc., which would be FUN! Also I kind of like the Leaps and Bounds / Sensational Beginnings (not sure, I think they may be the same company?) but specific items. Ok, MUST go!!! Caio!

#307 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:23 PM

These are great for about 18mo olds, and these for even younger. For thems with bucks and thems who don't - and of course there's costumes! Also they have loads of educational stuff, some VERY montessori, and some totally NOT. We got the big blocks (cardboard and make excellent forts etc.) double set. Beca loves those still (she got them for her first x-mas, so she was 6 mos old and we used to build little mazes for her to crawl through :LOL ). GET ME OFF LINE!!!!!

#308 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:26 PM

My protein-load meal of the night... This is what I get for eating cookie dough for breakfast... :

1 can evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (can be low fat... Annie, use the full fat kind!!!)
8 oz canned diced green chilies
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup chunky salsa
6 corn tortillas, torn into pieces
3 eggs or 3/4 cup fat free egg substitute

Mix together everything but 1/2 cup of the cheese and pour into an 8x8 baking dish, bake at 375 for 45 minutes and then top with remaining cheese and return to the oven for a few minutes.
#309 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:28 PM

Andy! Get off line!!!
#310 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:30 PM

Sorry Aviva, but as I said, we cut off some time from this trip because my mother drives me INSANE after 24 hrs., so there just wasn't time this time. We aren't so far apart though, and I think we could meet in the middle somewhere fun in the fall - if we did it during the day we could try to meet early and let the babies sleep their morning nap in the car on the way, and then hang and buzz home after lunch kind of thing (beca's bus gets in around 3:15). And hey - you never know. That mama that didn't call may be going through 'issues' herself and just not have the time/energy to do a new friendship right now. doesn't mean it won't happen don't lose faith in the people around you - they really sound like good people!

#311 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:33 PM

Thank you michelle! Have a good night

#312 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:33 PM

ok, I'm getting close enough to 500 that I am just trying to build post count now. :LOL
#313 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:35 PM

:
#314 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:41 PM

Hey all,

I had to work today, or I would have posted more. Fortunately, I told them I was bringing Slim with me because I am nursing. They were cool with it. I hate trainings on the weekend. Ugh.

Lisa- I think the mag helps with absorbtion, but so does D and K, so I think I am okay. Hey at least I am taking one, which i more than was happening before.

Andy - Glad you are back safe and sound. Sounds like you at least had a tolerable day with mom.

Karen - Hope the boys are feeling better.

Annie - Sounds like you could use some allergen free doughnuts. We gotta fatten you up a bit.

Okay, DH is giving me "the look" You know, the one that says get off the puter and pay attention to me. Better go since I was gone all day. Gotta pay attention to him too so that he knows that Will is not the only man in my life anymore.

Nite.
#315 of 660 Old 08-27-2005, 11:45 PM

NIcole: I always hated working on the weekend. Unless I was the only one there. THen I could crank MY music and get stuff done.
#316 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 12:10 AM

Aviva- I have found that outside of my college times, when friendships were strong and came about easily and naturally, the only other time Iv'e been able to make GOOD friends is when I have a baby/ little one around. Mommy groups are a good way to meet the women. Then after hanging with the group for awhile, find the mom(s) who you think you'd click the best with and invite them to play at your house, or meet at the park or something. Most moms of small kids would jump at the chance to do something different with their kids. babies get bored, and all moms who stay home need some extra stimulation. good luck. I know it's hard. And your story is your story.... someone who's afraid of it is just not worth the effort. I dunno if you're wearing it on your sleeve or what- but it's what makes you who you are and you can't deny it. Maybe without going into detail when first meeting someone you can just say that the last 4 years had a lot of trauma and you're feeling more social now. just thinking out loud here......

yk, baby is asleep and I REALLY need a shower ALONE. I'll stop here and come back later. I have much to say to all of you!
#317 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 12:40 AM

No, Aviva, it's not the social skills of a hermit, or if it is, seems like a lot of us are hermits because we all kind of have similar experiences and feelings (maybe for different reasons, but similar outcome . . . how many mommy friends I have living in Houston since 1995 . . . zero!), and it also seems that we really do suck at being hermits because I doubt hermits would type THIS MUCH. :LOL So maybe we're not hermits. I think from reading these posts every day that we're all very thoughtful people, and some thoughtful people like to invest their time and emotions into building relationships with other thoughtful people, and sometimes those thoughtful people are just hard to come by, especially if you live in a sprawly, busy or isolated kind of place where even coming over for is a major Effort involving synchronizing watches, naptimes, and traffic reports.

And then you hope you like each other enough to make it feel like the whole thing was worth your while.

So I guess, yeah, it sucks to feel isolated, especially on hard days when it would be nice to have somebody to come over and commisserate with (even with Fiona here, I still feel lonely sometimes, yk?), but at the same time, I guess I'm kind of preferring it that way right now, because it's easier. And because I always have Janulicious to back me up when I need it. And because, ultimately, my favorite people are always the ones I meet accidentally; I've never desired to become a member of a play/mommy/whatever "group" . . . feels weird, for some reason.

Am I making any sense?

Maybe, Aviva, stop trying to meet people IRL and just spend more time in front of the computer.

Andy . . . or somebody asked . . . I don't know who that mother was who influenced me. I only saw her a couple of times after that. I should have made the effort to meet her, just to see what she was about, but I was a little intimidated; she seemed so strong and sure of herself, and other people clearly looked up to her.

tangent: DH and I have been talking for a while about moving, and as the babies get older we are more and more antsy here. One reason is that we think if we could walk more places, and spend more time in public spaces, we would both feel less isolated (poor thing is in the oil industry, talk about isolated!). I talk to ANYBODY (can you tell?!), so it would be nice to have a greater sense of belonging in a geographic, and not just ideological, drive-30-minutes-every-time-you-want-to-meet-and-hope-to-God-traffic-is-okay community. Where would we go? Different neighborhood, town, state (but I LIKE Texas . . . I could survive in NM, and yeah, maybe AZ, Nicole, we used to go backpacking in Yuma in winter . . .).

You got me thinking, Aviva, you got me thinking.

good night, ladies. Had to get up a couple of times, let's see what I missed when I finally post.
#318 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 12:45 AM

Karen, if I thought the mommies at the mommy group were like you, I'd go.

Retreating to my hermit cave now . . .
#319 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 12:50 AM

A solution has been proposed to this isolation... The babylicious commune.
#320 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 01:23 AM

yk, the moms who come to my LLL group are AWESOME! the moms who keep coming back are usually pretty darn cool. try there. it's not such a clique-y group or anything-0 it's mamas helping mamas.
#321 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 01:37 AM

Hi girls!!!

Busy busy...I thought I had found a nanny and tonight she called to tell me she found another job. Boo!!! We'll keep trying. The more I thought about it the more excited I was. *I* need some help ...the commute and the sick girls and all the drama of daycare just is too much.

On mama friends. I've had a hard time finding mama friends with similar philosphies. I LOVE my next door neighbor (even if she is a neat freak ) but most of the other women here, while nice, are a bit difficult to talk to...I went to the mommies night out and my neightbor mentioned the she nursed her first for 2.5years (up til she got pregnant) and as she put it "you could hear crickets chirping"...they are all really nice and the one woman I hadn't met before was a stitch. But anyway...it's hard to find peopel you click with...

Dh wants to hang out s I gotta go...hope everyone has a good night and all the sickies are feeling better.
#322 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 08:22 AM

Yay for the commune! After talking to my one irl mdc friend last week, it got me thinking about moving far away, where I can find the support I can't get from my nearby family. I mean I can get support, but it's the kind where my mil feeds babies ice cream in a subversive way and my step mom believes that if a child is crying because they're upset or hurt, you need to make them stop feeling that way.... My lll group in the city had some cool crunchy mamas, but I'm having a hard time connecting with that type down here. I'm hoping to hook up with the local waldorf school's parent and tot (kids play nearby, parents make natural waldorf toys...)

Oh, and I had a scary dream last night where Bush had taken over Canada, and I was with this group that got herded into some sort of restrcited 'camp', and they controlled what we wore, I couldn't express my pagan beliefs, and I couldn't say anything bad about mr. prez...

yucky!
#323 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 10:02 AM

Shoot, the cool toy I linked on babystyle isn't in their catalog anymore. Bummer!

Andy, woohoo on shopping And what is it that you wanted from IKEA? I gotta know! Dh is uh a lot misguided :LOL but I threatened him with some beatings and my parents came over, and those combined lit the fire under his arse. All the electrical is run (I ran it while he was gone) and now HOT, which means I can put that last bit of drywall up and it'll all work now! And my brother and dad (and dh a little) got all the old pine floor up in the kitchen. I decided that it would be really hard to shut the back door if we added 1/4" backer, 1/4" mortar and 1/2" tile to a floor that was already level w/the door, so out the floor went! Ew on dirty underneath though. And it adds one more step to the process, we now need to get plywood AND backer before we can put the floor in.

Dh is also under the crunch of going to L.A. again. I told him that the side of the kitchen where the sink goes MUST be done before he leaves - that means 3 base cabinets, dishwasher, sink, and garbage disposal all installed, plumbed, wired, and the counter top in too! The wall cabinets above that will get put in whenever we have time. And I have to build *something* before the stove can go back in, and the plumber must come move the gas line, so it's a LONG process to say the least. BUT the good news is that if we get the sink base and counter in, I'll have enough space in the dining room to actually move around and dad and I can place a few more cabinets while he's gone. UGH I hate process!

Hrm.. the mama thing. Maybe being mom's makes women less secure in who they are, and it's just easier when you are tired and sleep deprived and haven't showered to "just talk about baby stuff"? I duno, I much prefer talking about things beyond baby. Although I do love talking baby - but to crunchy mama friends - so we can talk beyond "she can crawl" and "baby einstein" crap. There is a local crunch grandma (her kids are 10-25) who hosts a "mothering circle" here, and it's nurslings and moms only, no toddlers or bigger kids, and we talk about real parenting stuff...not fluff.

Mmmm Michelle, dinner sounds great. Me jealous of dairy consumption.

Joyce, what does your dh DO? I know nothing about oil, nor what the industry does, but he obviously has a skill set or something Mebe we can help y'all move

Jess, sucky on the nanny who didn't.

Pam, where's that bad *shudder* smile? Being stuck in a camp by Prez. Shrub is a yucky thought. I'm sorry you had that dream!

So I spent like $25 and 6 hrs yesterday making a giant pet net to keep Lauren in the crib - she's taken to breaking down the giant stack of foam bricks and pillows (seriously big strong baby fort) godzilla style, and crawling off the bed. I had been nursing her right on the edge of the bed/crib, rolling her over into the crib and building this fort around her to keep her in, but it wasn't working. And she doesn't fall asleep alone or with me just patting her, so she has to be nursed/cuddled to sleep, and wakes if I put her down, so using the crib as a crib was a no-go. So I got that netting stuff they used to make play-pens out of, and some industrial velcro, some ripstop nylon, a few other odds and ends, and I made this net for the side of the crib that is really COOL (very proud of me) and got it all hooked up last night at like 8, and while I was getting ready for bed, dh and Lauren were playing on the bed waiting for me, and she crawls over to the edge, stops, swings her little legs and bum over first, and crawls down pretty safely. GO FIGURE. Of course he yelled for me to come see, and then put her back on the bed and she went off head first, but she did crawl off bum first this morning, hanging on to the sheet like she was rapelling down the side of the bed.... argh, all my time and energy, thwarted!

I'm currently hacking up a cashmere sweater to make some dipe covers... talk about fun It's a beautiful sweater, I got a hole in the sleeve, and it'll be my luck that it won't work as a cover. At the very least, I'll get the sleeves and make L some cashmere pants!

Lisa

#324 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 10:15 AM

Lisa - Good luck on the sweater. I personally would have a very hard time cutting up cashmere, but more power to you girl!

Most of you know about the drama that happenend with DH's mom at easter, and the fact that she refused to come into the hospital when Will had his surgey and prefered to just wait outside like a big fat matyr. Well, she finally called and asked when she was going to ge to see the kids again. So, we have scheduled a "conversation" next Monday (labor day) to discuss her behavior on both of those days. I do not have high expectations for this. I am sure that as time has gone by, we are more and more wrong and she was just completely perfect those days. Needless to say, the children will not be in the house during this. Our good friends are going to watch them and if she behaves and we can work some things out, then we will go and get the kids. If not, and she storms out of here again, like last time, it is highly unlikely that she will ever get to see the kids. DH is that pissed off and hurt with her.

That is going to be a stressful day.

I have to work again today. At least today is only a half day.

I don't remember, do any of you live near St. Paul? Since I am going to be there for 5 days, if you did, we could meet up somewhere.

Okay, gotta go do the breakfast thing.
#325 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 10:38 AM

Nicole, yah this hurts, but it's ok, as the hole in the sleeve means I'd never wear it again. It's beautiful, and it'll make some fun things for L to wear... I think I might be able to make a newborn soaker too, we'll see.

Pam, I told dh your dream, he said "oh well if Bush had his way, that's what would happen" :LOL

#326 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 10:45 AM

Morning mamas! 9:30 and I have been up w/babe, breakfasted both him and I (beca got a cereal bar on the way out the door LOL), been to the gym, back, napped ori, showered, and now caught up on you chatty late night mamas I feel GOOD! Must be that new Stole Just thinking about it makes me happy!

I think friendships, like ALL relationships, happen when they happen. The more you look for them, the harder they are to find. It's the universe, working in it's mysterious ways...

Jess - for the nanny search. ug ug ug. At least you know there ARE some out there! And I think it's a better wtg than trying to keep daycare going when R. isn't happy and they're getting every sickness in the place You will ALL be much happier, I hope!

Lisa - YAY on the cashmere sweater biting the dust! Little people deserve cashmere too, and rekykled is the BEST - so soft... sounds like a plan on the kitchen...Lauren should be in about 4th grade by the time R. is done in there :LOL

Good luck NICOLE!!! What a nightmare. I tell ya, haivng mom/mil in law issues is just SUCH a pain. It doesn't seem fair, like a burdon that is just EXTRA in a way that doesn't keep to the laws of the universe...but it is. within the laws, I mean. I think I need more water. Anyway, what I mean to say Nicole is and I hope that she LISTENS to you guys. I'm glad your dh is ALSO frustrated and upset by her (obviuously atrocious) behaviour. Maybe she needs medication?

Ok, off to find a shirt (typing away in my new glammourmom tank - did I tell you guys what happened??? Well, I got sent the one shirt and it unravelled. so I called, and she said send it back, so I did. I also gave her permission to bump up the cc payment to upgrade to a g'mom tank. then ... nada. Nothing for a month. 5 wks, 6 wks. I called, I emailed. FINALLY she got back to me, she'd been out of town, and she sent the tank and didn't charge for the upgrade! So now I've got my superpower shirt and it's tie dyed and a tank (though I'm a big generous in the chest for it still, but I LOVE it) and it's just GREAT AND I paid like 20$ for it! I guess it's karmic for all the waiting I'm doing these days.)

Have a great sunday mamas!!! Andy

#327 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 10:55 AM

Oh, I am soooo jealous! I want a 'superpower tank'! I love that slogan and I love that shirt!!!!

Then again, maybe I don't deserve one, I slept in this morning and dh made most of the breakfast .... and I haven't stepped foot inside a gym ... well... ever (unless you count high school gymnasium...)
#328 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 11:13 AM

HA HA Pam! The WAITING the BACKORDER of my life!!! Not the gym. My boobs would be SO flying in this tank if I actually wore it to the gym. and besides, I have FINALLY had enough of the flab flap on me - it's time to let it goooooooo. There is not one person more deserving of this shirt than YOU (and Annie, and Kathy, and Karen, and Lisa, and Nicole, and Aviva, and Sheri, and Laura, and Mary, and Jessi and Jess and Heidi and Michelle, and Joyce, and even Heather though she's abandoned us, and Mar who at least remembers we exist :LOL). I too am loving the shirt

#329 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 11:25 AM

Pam, look - a Waldorf doll that looks like Abby! http://www.oompa.com/cgi-bin/item/KK38116
Except she needs yellow boots and hat

#330 of 660 Old 08-28-2005, 11:43 AM

I don't think Heather has abandoned us. She is part of the AZ mamas yahoo group and I remember seeing that she is on vacation for a long time. So she hasn't been posting anything there for a while either.

I think she'll be back. Who can stay away from us?

Andy- Thanks for the hugs. Who knows what is going to happen. I hope she listens, especially since Em has started asking about her lately, wanting to see her and everything. I am so into family and I would hate for her to never get to know her grandmother. But, I won't subject my children to the negativity.

Personally, I do think she needs meds, and I get a chuckle when others suggest it. Tee hee.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page