Janulicious August #3 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-29-2005, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm worried about Evelyn too.

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2005, 11:59 AM

Karen, I posted a super big post last night and it's gone!!! Gone!!! ARGH

Michelle, count me in! Mama gifts are

Jeni - how about occupying her with something? Books, toys, anything, as most adults I know will read (or use their Mac) on the potty, so why can't babies? You could put 2 toys in the bathroom for potty time only, or distract her with whatever is in there - toothbrush, deoderant container, hairbrush, etc. As long as she's not pissed and trying to climb off, there is nothing wrong with distracting her if she's a little fussy/bored. Heck, I nurse Lauren on the potty in the morning just in case the poo comes before she's done.. don't wanna deal with nasty dipe.

Joyce, lol dh has already installed the sump pump into the utility tub - for whatever reason, the water backs up and fills the tub before getting anything else wet, so he figures sump in sink going to the other drain will work. We tested it out Sat. in a good storm we had. And yes, we're gonna get a crapload of rain.

Hey what's the price limit on the birthday gifts? $15 sounds good for winter mamas. Homemade is cool too. Did I tell y'all I can knit scarves now? Maybe it's time for me to progress in my skills.

Pam *hugs* mama, it's rough over there, but you're doing a great job!

Ok in the spirit of saving $ how about homemade gifts for mamas, bday gifts for babes? We're so darn poor too, but I love getting/giving things, and well my dh does a crappy job getting me things for any holiday or reason. I wanted a "you're a mom now" gift from him and he totally didn't even bother, even when I pointed out a few things he could get. GRRR!

Andy, mebe PM mary and the bunch to make sure they don't want in?

Dh is putting L back to bed. I seriously need to be thankful that he's home, he's going back to the office either Sept 1, Oct 1 or Nov 1. And likely it'll be this week. The good thing is that he'll work 7-5 M-Th, so at least he'll be home 3 day weekends. The bad thing is that he'll be gone 7-5 M-Th. So no help for me

We're going to the pedi tomorrow. And then the movies.

I need a serger. Karen, do you have a *good* one, or do you know anything about the Singer tiny serger? I don't need to do tough work, just easy peasy stuff...

STARVING. Going to make oatmeal and maybe pancakes. I love pancakes!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:21 PM

Did somebody say they're worried about Evelyn?
She is fine. I've had a great, busy weekend and haven't checked in. I have a whole list of things to tell and ask you guys about. We'll see how much I remember when I have time to post.
It's my birthday today! DH gave me new pajamas to wear last night and new clothes to wear today, so it is good so far. Evelyn gave me some buk on my new pajamas, which is better than on the new clothes. Right now she and Nana are at the chiropractor's; she has her follow-up visit from the fall last Friday. She seems perfectly normal and happy, so no worries there. She is great!
Old 08-29-2005, 12:24 PM

nayone have the religion test bookmarked? I want to send it to my sister? If not I'll search throiugh the old thread to try and find it

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
Old 08-29-2005, 12:25 PM

Mmmmmm pancakes.....

I would pm these ladies, but I don't think they're on a lot - Mary and Heather (if she's away,she's probly not checking in). And I guess I just don't feel TOO rushed...kwim? I figure if it's all sorted by end of Sept that gives everyone three MONTHS to buy or make a gift. If you are planning to make a 1st birthday gift for your 'gift' baby, and need more time, let me know now and I can assign you someone sooner who's already signed up. Ok?

The baby gift exchange was 10 - 15 or homemade for approx. that cost if bought. Must be new, was the only real caveat.

I'm in for the mama exchange! 'Kay off to make something yummy in the kitchen...

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
Old 08-29-2005, 12:26 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSI! : ::

Old 08-29-2005, 12:27 PM

glad to her Evelyn is ok and : to you

Old 08-29-2005, 12:54 PM

I found the test

Old 08-29-2005, 01:05 PM

Happy Birthday!
Glad evelyn is ok!
Old 08-29-2005, 01:42 PM

Don't have much time...

HAPP BIRTHDAY, Jessi!!!!

Oh I keep forgetting but I"m in on the baby bday exchange and the winter non-santa gift exchange for mamas.

Hope everyone is doing ok and not under water.

Be back soon.

Oh Sheri- sometimes I pump in my car...I hate pumping in the bathroom...too icky.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:01 PM

Joyce, of course your husband can email me. The email link on my siggy should work. Programming is a nice, cushy job and pays well.

Karen, sorry to hear about trouble with GB. I hope both boys are feeling better and you and GB are getting along swimmingly again. Maybe I'll know more when I finish all these weekend posts.

Other women - I didn't care for them at all until I got pregnant. Then they got interesting. Most of the women I have contact with are very intelligent, so they're good to talk to.

Jeni, how was your reunion?

Juice - Evelyn drinks a little of it. We put some in with her water in the sippy cup. She gets happy. We also give her orange juice from our glass, on the tip of our fingers. It pacifies her when what she really wants is my eggs.

Ooh, A's birthday party sounds delightful. Please take pictures. And Geneva - wow! She is the mover and shaker of the bunch.

Friday, the chiropractor tested Evelyn's range of motion in her neck and it was good. They're back from the followup visit now.
Oh, and then Saturday, she dove out of the cosleeper. She was sitting on the potty in there, and grabbed the edge, standing up partially, to look over at the cat. DH said, "You know, she's big enough to climb out of there now." On cue, she dove forward and flipped out. I was standing next to her and grabbed at her. I didn't catch her, exactly, but got her leg enough to slow the fall. She landed on her head, but softly. A few seconds crying, and she was after the cat again. It was all okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen
Do we HAVE to go to the beach AGAIN??"
: your poor kids! I can count on two hands the number of times I've been to any beach, my whole life! and that counts lame lake beaches with hauled-in sand. I'm not complaining, though - it makes for a low cost of living here in the middle of the country.

Michelle, don't forget Hanna Andersson! (For spelling, I checked my new T-shirt's tag )

Laura, great pictures! I like the fat pig.

Annie, if you drove all the way to Honolulu for the yarn store, then you ought to spend more, to make the drive worth it. Yeah, that's it. Same with online shopping - quantity saves on S&H!

Aviva, that sounds really tough. With all the hard stuff you've been through since you moved there, you finally get a break, and find that it is still extra hard. Surely there are other moms you'd like and who are searching for the same connections - but it is so hard to identify them.

Saturday Eric and I went out for pool and beer with three of our best hasher friends. Nana kept the baby. It was awesome to hang out at a bar with four people I love, who let me cheat at pool because they're all good and I suck, with live music and good beer and tasty snacks. I'm very happy to have formed those bonds before pregnancy, back when I had time and energy to do this stuff every other night. Yet, I feel like there's a "mommy fog" that I'm trying to converse through. I have to break through this fog to talk about anything not baby-related, especially baby-exclusive things like partying, and it takes concentration and effort. Anybody else feel like that?

This is getting long. I'll post this before it gets lost and then make another one. To be continued...
Old 08-29-2005, 02:04 PM

A just gave G cake (with egg in it) and I flipped!

A wants to do crafts, but I don't want to get anything out, because whatever I get out, G will get into...

And yikes I just found out shipping from Joy's is likely going to be around $20!
Old 08-29-2005, 02:23 PM

Oh yah, from last night, I remembered..

Joyce, if you wanna move to Ohio, I'm sure Batelle would take your hubby on. They are always looking for people with cool skillsets.

Jessi - yikes, we put the cosleeper away a long time ago... it was a nice place to keep diapers and potty and such at night though.

So Lauren was hellbent on torturing the dog today. She crawled after her, the dog tolerated it for a minute, then got up and moved. Lauren followed, got her hands on Zoe paws again, and Zoe tolerated it and then moved - got up in a chair. Lauren followed, pushed up to a tall kneel and got the dog's paw again, dog tolerates for a minute, then moves to the couch. The couch is a lot taller than the chair, so the dog is being smart. Lauren follows. Gets to the couch and pushes up to a tall kneel and can just barely get her fingertips to the dog. So she got frustrated, grabbed the couch and pulled herself to standing. First time - she's been pushing up to standing using lower things like people and toys and boxes, but never actually pulled. Stayed there long enough to torture the dog then forgot she can't stand alone and let go and fell down.

She and dh are napping again. Today is going to be the day of 1000 naps. And I did some plaster work in the kitchen now that all the walls are back in, so POTENTIALLY we will have a sink and counter and dishwasher by the end of the weekend. And I'm being more realistic because I know that it'll take 3 days to do the plaster work properly, and another day to finish it, and then we need to put some plywood down on top of the subfloor and then Ryan needs to do some plumbing and I need to go buy a dishwasher, and the list goes on and on and on. Yaah though, we have progress. Visible progress.

Gotta go, I'm still hungry and I've had breakfast and a snack. Or maybe it was second breakfast.

But I have turkey corn chili in the fridge from dinner waiting on me!

Old 08-29-2005, 02:27 PM

Pam you sounds like you really need it today. Do you have a toddler safe place :LOL for A to play alone? Then maybe she could do whatever messy thing in there with no worry about G getting into it.

I'm feeling very sick today. I had the runs this am, now I have a headache and I feel like I'm going to throw up DH not non-organic (but hormone free milk) when he went shopping and I want to blame my illness on the oz I put in my tea this morning :

Old 08-29-2005, 02:34 PM

Both kids want to be wherever I am... I feel so torn.... G is napping now, so maybe we can get that craft done afterall
Old 08-29-2005, 02:34 PM

Oh, Sheri, hope you feel better!
Old 08-29-2005, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam_and_Abigail
Both kids want to be wherever I am... I feel so torn.... G is napping now, so maybe we can get that craft done afterall
Pam I hear you there, of course its alot easier with a 7yo

Old 08-29-2005, 02:54 PM

Another EARLY morning here. I don't think Luka wanted to wake as early as he did, but he was just squirming and whining and couldn't just go back to sleep. I need to find a solution for that, because it happens often in the early am.

Pam. I hope that you can get a few minutes at least to yourself today to regroup. toddlers are so fun and yet so infuriating at the same time. and nursing struggles/ issues are NO fun!

Sheri- I hope you get better soon! sounds like the illness that plagued my house last week. and it wasn't caused by any commercial dairy products :LOL

Boy, do I need to do some baby proofing on the house. We've been putting it off.... can't any longer. it's all of the damn electrical stuff. too many grown-up toys. cell phones, computers, ipods, fans, etc.... everything PLUGGED in. a veritable danger zone. right now Luka is playing with a cable that was sticking out..... never mind the basket of cool and stimuating toys sitting nearby.......

i'm sure I had more to say, but where it went in my brain :
Old 08-29-2005, 02:55 PM

: : : : :
JESSI!!!!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 02:55 PM

Nicole, yuck to working on Saturday! and your Labor Day is not sounding very good.

Annie, eat eat eat! Everyone will be happier if you do, even if they complain while you're taking the time to eat. Sometimes eating is a nuisance. It seems like just when we're about to do something interesting, we have to worry about the next meal. But, it is important. You're eating for three, holy cow! That's a big job.

Joyce, you could go to Calgary for good air and oil jobs. But brrrr! There are lots of cities in Texas that most people like better than Houston, too.

Karen, you're disqualified on the thinking-mama-isolation discussion. Your neighborhood is exceptional, where crunchy is the norm and your washer and dryer are outside.

Pam, that's hilarious about your dream!

Wow Lisa, your kitchen is quite a job. I hope your DH gets his rear in gear.
You sound very industrious with the crib net and the sweater. Good job on the crib net! And congrats to Laurenzilla for climbing off the bed correctly.

Andy, congrats on the orange stole. It sounds pretty.

Az, The end of the month is almost here. Is your mom closing or not? If not, I liked the idea of moving in with her. That'll get her to close quickly.
Mama cloth - since you're allergic to the sposies, do you now plan to use it monthly? I have some I could send you. (I went a little crazy with my "must try many different kinds" frenzy.) It is slightly used, only postpartum.

Karen, I'm cracking up about Luka's poo story.
Saturday night in the bath, Evelyn was farting and starting to look serious. I called DH to bring the towel and get her out ("Hurry hurry she's going to poop"), but he was a little slow. She dropped a present into the bath for me, and then there was more for the towel, and it was a mess, and we had to get right back in the tub (with fresh water).

Good idea about the mom gift swap. I'm in for that.

Happy seven months to Bea!

Jeni, if you're ambivalent about solids, then give her the sweet potato but make her put it in her own mouth. That's my compromise when I'm not sure whether Evelyn should have something: if she can feed herself, she can have it. Usually the food winds up smeared evenly across her tray, with some on her face and arms and hair and very little in her mouth.

Ooo IKEA. Joyce, if you're there, I want a clippy light. They don't have 'em around here, except one really crappy one at Target that doesn't clip and doesn't light.

Annie, happy anniversary. You both forgot? Sad.

Congrats to Laura on having a life today.

$20 is a good limit, alth if it's something we have lying around, that could be a little flexible.

Pam, these posts of yours will be good reference material for whoever gets your name or Geneva's on the gift exchanges. Oh wait, you said you can't do it. Y'know, the $ is an upper limit; it could just be something you have around the house, like extra baby clothing. But then, you have to pay shipping from Canada.
Poor you and poor Abby on the nursing conflicts. I'm sorry it is so hard.

Lisa, condolences to all of us on your lost post. I'm not promising anything homemade! It takes me months to knit a scarf, and that's about the extent of my crafty skills. Unless someone wants a painting. But I can shop!

Gah, so much to tell y'all and no time. No time for pumping this morning, even. But I pumped in the middle of the night because she rejected the engorged breast : .

Reminder to self:
movie
reflux
breast rejection
birthday presents from DH
kitten

Thanks for the happy birthdays!

Az, you found what test?

I'd pump in my cube before pumping in the bathroom, and force everyone around me to deal with the noise. Eventually they'd have to give me a place. But I'm immodest that way.

Lisa, congrats on progress!

Az, was the milk sour?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:00 PM

Jessi, is the reminder to self the topic of your next post?

Dh went to bed with L while I was plastering, and she's fussing a bit and he's out cold. Go figure. For the life of me, I've never been able to nap during the day, and he can sleep standing up I think.

Laurenzilla, heheheheh! I have a picture I need to upload of her trashing her way out of the giant fort we built, hence the need for the net. Maybe I'll upload my camera today so you can see new pics.

Still need food. I'm a starving gal.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:04 PM

You guys are so making me not want more kids!

I think homemade is totally fine for the gift swap, I'll probably go that route.

Karen, I'd love it if you'd make me some wipes, I'm gonna make up a batch of my rosemary/lavender salve too, so I'll have 3 kinds. I'm having a lot of luck swapping for stff on the TP for this salve. It is kind of exciting.

I have to go down to DMV today. Turns out that I forgot to register my evil gas hog monster car. : The renewal notice got lost, I forgot, and I just happened to notice yesterday that the tags are from july! : :

So as soon as nappy one wakes up, we are off to take care of that and of faxing the rental application for the house in Sac. Take care.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:07 PM

jessi- I love it- your so busy and outta time, but phew.... you've been posting this am! of course I love to read your posts.... no complaints here.

And since you're a virgo, we'd probably get along swimmingly. I have a bunch of virgo friends. we complement each other somehow.

oh Andy- I forgot to congratulate you on the successful shopping trip with mom. and GLAD you found the most perfect stole! pictures please!

Another poo story:
At my folks' house Luka was bathing in the kitchen sink. it's the perfect shape/ size for him. He was thrilled. I saw him grunting, and sent my mom for a towel, but it was too late. a nice big one in their kitchen sink. if my bro ever found out, he'd NEVER eat there again (he's a wee bit uptight!)
Old 08-29-2005, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip
You guys are so making me not want more kids!
awwww. kids are awesome! and siblings? even better.... can't be that bad. I have 3 and we're gonna adopt another.

Michelle- when I get back my serger (will call about it today), I'll let you know and then we can go over specifics.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:12 PM

oh, and GOOD luck on the house Michelle! I HOPE you get it!!!!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:44 PM

Jessi, yeah I think I'm going to totally switch over to mamacloth. I feel like such a hippie I made dh look at the rash the pads gave me and he doesn't think mamacloth is such a :Puke idea anymore I don't mind used, that'd be really cool if youd send me some. Speaking of stuff from you, I'll be mailing you back some diapers soon, we're finally outgrowing things around here
The milk wasn't sour, I'm just looking at a reson to be mad at dh for not buying organic milk. While I'd like organic everything, the one thing I will not comprimise on is milk. I'm not a huge milk fan to begin with but I have to have some with my tea. I was just about to write out why I want organic milk but then I realised I don't have to

Michelle kids are great. With ds I only wanted 1 until he was about 4 but then I didn't have a dp to help me out. Now that we have 2, I want 3. We're actually planning on 3, its so exciting but the more I think about having 3, then I start thinking 4 might be nice dh would kill me if I told him, though once he told me that if we could afford it he would want 5.
Good luck on the application for the house. I hope you get it.
We your salve over here too. DH got a nasty steam burn and it was healing up real good while he was using the salve

Karen I'd love to adopt but dh is convinced that all the problems his parents have with the kids are becuase they're adopted

As far as the my mum and the house goes, my sister says she faxed some papers for my mum that said the closing is going to be on the 31st. My mum's busy evicting one of her bf tenats who is current;y in jail for prosteuting a 13yo girl out : so needless to say she's not in the best of moods right now. So I don't want to call her to verify

Old 08-29-2005, 03:49 PM

Did I tel you guys that Miss E is going to be using cloth at daycare? The lady doesn't mind, she did cloth with her older (30's) daughter and she'll even flipp the poo out into the toilet. She didn't even mind using cloth before she found out that we'd be sending "easy" diapers, she thought we were talking "white flags" and pins. She also had no problem with us not vax'ing, she just wants us to send an exemption claim for her records. She even told dh that "there are ways to go around that" when dh told her that we're not vax'ing dd I'm really excited about her. She watched dh when he was a wee one :LOL

Old 08-29-2005, 03:52 PM

I'm sorry to be so down all the time. My counsellor isn't home (I called her as per our pact). I have come to the conclusion that my whole family would probably be better off without me. It's been almost a year since A and I started having problems with our relationship, and it's just getting worse. I feel like one of those toxic moms I read about in really bad threads. I mean, I left a three year old crying in a swing outside after I roughly unlatched it and shoved it up the rope, into her fingers. I screamed at her this morning that I was never going to nurse her again, and I just can't seem to be nice or compassionate at all with her. I've caught myself pushing, pinching and otherwise hurting her, and the more ashamed I feel about this, the worse and more helpless I feel. I wish I could just leave, but I have no where to go. I'm pretty sure if I ran away from their grandkids my parents would not take me. I don't feel like I do enough with abby, no crafts, games, etc. and we don't go outside cuz it's either too hot or too cold, or I'm too tired, or the bugs are too bad, and I'm always making excuses, and not doing enough with the kids. I really think they'd be better in professional care where someone is trained to teach them and paid to have patience.
Ok, thanks for listening to me once more. Sorry I haven't repsonded to everyone else, I have been reading all the posts, though!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:54 PM

Karen ds saw your : simlie and wanted to know about home school and was impressed

Old 08-29-2005, 04:16 PM

Whew! It hasn't even been that long and I feel woefully behind the 8-ball. Well, sounds like Jessi is having a good, if busy, birthday over there! You go girl! The weekend beer session sounded fun - I do miss those a little, but it's been a while now, and I don't miss them TOO much.

Karen - at least he's pooping :LOL

Jess! That's who I was thinking of and couldn't put my finger on... thank you for reminding me! You're on now!

Ok, we're going to go decorate cookies - we have a 2yo and a 3yo visiting for the afternoon. They are messy, but they do love to decorate cookies

Have a great afternoon! Oh, and Karen - when you've figured out the early morning thing, let me know. Ori is typically up and attum before 6am and it's pretty brutal

User Tag List