Janulicious August #3 - Page 16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#451 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I dont' give Megan baths yet. I give her sponge baths about 1x a week. I'll wipe her down if needed.

earliest memory- being in a crib and looking up at the walls around me, then my mom coming to pick me up

yay for E for pulling up!

french fry j/king

Quote:
boiron camilia
what is that? what does it look like? I don't have a whole foods near me, I get there every so often - about 1/2 hr drive.

highly doubt it's because she's jealous since she's cranky even when I'm holding her giving her my undivided attention. She went 8 hrs without a nap and finally just conked out. PT ain't going well, argh put her back in a pull up for the time being, will resume again.
#452 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

mmmmm cake
aahh I can smell it from here.
#453 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 03:31 PM

Well, now we're baking cake #2 (layer #2 ??) as the first one fell so badly that it's WAY too flat. You see, there is a delicious cream filling that is supposed to go in between 2 layers (the one cake cut in half) and it's just not going to work out. So, we get double the cake!

mmmm..... chocolate boston cream cake.....
#454 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 03:52 PM

Darn tootin flat cake is still yummy! Jee, if I tossed all the flat cakes (and cookies LOL) I've ever made, the world would be swimming in flat cakes :LOL

Bath: once in a while. Not for the first few months, and then once in a while. Now it's about once a week, but I'm not very good about remembering. He's had 2 hair washes. He bathes sometimes in his tub in the bathtub, sometimes with beca in the big tub. He gets a washdown after supper every night in the kitchen sink, but just a washing (and playing with the sprayer, he does love sticking his little hands under the spray and just watching...).

My baby is sick. He had a fever last night when we got home from the meeting, but I didn't think much of it, since he was tired. He slept well till almost midnight, then till 3 then till almost 7am. He was HOT at midnight and at 3am (I don't have a thermometer, probly about 101-102), but cool again this morning. Then after his morning nap, which was only one hour, he was hot again poor little boy. well, it's a good reason to stay in and watch movies and hang in jammies.

Earliest memory - I remember being in a very dark place all alone and having bars around me. I must've been under 1 yo, in my crib. I was allergic todairy and on a milk-based formula (duh) and cried a lot. I had tummy cramps all my life from that. Anyway, I remember the cramping hurt and I'd curl up and cry and hold the bars. Vague, but also clear...

Ok, time for me to caio and do something with this little girl. more later!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#455 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:05 PM

good luck on the cake! Laura - it's a blue weeny twist-top tube. They have them at various hfs' and online and sometimes at progressive pharmacies (yeah, like rarely). Looks like Karen is getting to sleep in today!

Yay to Elizabeth for being on the move! Az - send your addy along to us too, as we have something for Mr. C's new room

Laura - maybe she's growing? Beca always got kinda clumsy and sore and cranky when she grew...'cause pt was going well, but maybe she's growing and now it's not going well, and soon it'll go well again! maybe...

#456 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:07 PM

Oh yeah - pam -- your best bet is to put together or find a group to make your own drums. drums are hexpensive! Though I think I saw a spell for finding something on the cheap...I'll go look.

#457 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:09 PM

oh my.... what a postalicious morning!
There's no way I'll have time/ remember all the things I was gonna say....

Hmmmmm
:: to Emily!!! 3- woo hoo!!!!

poll: Luka takes a bath pretty much every night. it's more for ritual than for getting clean. He likes it too- A LOT. sometimes it's a shower. he also has a wading pool he sometimes gets in several times a day. I like water. Soap happens infrequently.

earliest memory? that's hard. I always thought it was this time that my cousins and I were all going round and round in a circle with musical instruments- making a parade of sorts.
I also have this vivid memory of seeing my dad, who had just had some surgery on his foot- in crutches. I told my cousins (while we were seated in the rear facing seat in their station wagon!) that he had "checkers" :LOL

Joyce- can't live for your mom. but whoa, the GUILT! geesh. somehow I thought she didn't live near you- or maybe that's your ils (which I think you're happy about!).
and sigh.... the loss of Fiona.

hours later...
I bought the kids some Mad Libs yesterday. remember those? they are having so much fun- they're cracking up.

Pam- don't even try to compete with a preschool. they spend all of their time thinking up fun things for kids to do, AND there are usually more than 1 adult present.

Andy- sorry about the sickie baby fevers suck. did you get my email from last night? maybe he does have a UTI or something going on....

I'm eating breakfast- spaghetti. the kids are looking at me like I'm insane. it tastes soooo yummy tho.

whatever else I was gonna say is gone. it was so long ago that I read that plethora of posts.... oh well
#458 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:11 PM

I'm going to see how many posts in a row I can do before someone interruppts my monologue.

I need a new vacuum cleaner. anyone got one they love?

#459 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
Looks like Karen is getting to sleep in today!
HAH! been up for hours and had an unfinished post sitting there. We did sleep in til 7 today : a VAST improvement.
I think it might be related to the LIGHT and HEAT in our room. We face east and it's crazy in the summer. We played ion Noam's room after waking- his faces west and it was like 10 degrees cooler in there and also dark.

Oh, and Az- neither a CPM or CNM,. but working towards getting my CPM- got some babies to catch while being watched. when will that happen??????
#460 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:13 PM

I gotcha Andy. no uninterrupted monologues here!
#461 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:14 PM

oh, and you're trying to boost your post count, eh????
I just noticed that you have almost 200 more posts than me : I got senior before you..... drat :LOL
#462 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:15 PM

How 'bout NONE! Ha HA HA!! Oh well...

Yeah Karen - I was thinking it COULD be - except that behaviour was from like the past several weeks, and this started last night. Hrmmm. And there is no indication via the urine, the skin, or elsewhere that this is related to that. who know. If it isn't better tomorrow I guess I'll take him in

More polls:

which was your BEST birthday?

#463 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:23 PM

I think my earliest memory was probably when I went up and hugged the legs of a complete stranger because he was wearing the same plaid pants as my Grandpa, and I thought it was him.

BAths are completely erratic at home, and at least every other day at Grandma's. Its something my mom can do with the baby, and its my way of picking my battles. Mom gets to give Kaia a bath. I get to nurse Kaia as long as I want no matter how "creepy" Mom thinks it is. Sigh. Sometimes you just can't win.

Pam, can you get on TP and see if someone will swap you an old drum for some lotion? I'd do it, but Kaia is very attached to my extra one. I don't have any skill at all with it. I just bang and the noise makes me feel good.
#464 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Confession: I gave Isabelle a french fry last night
Evelyn loves french fries.

Gosh, y'all have early memories. My earliest is from preschool when I was 3. We were late that morning, and my class left without me for a field trip. I had to stay with the next older class, and I cut spirals from a pattern on a piece of paper.

I've had some excellent birthdays, especially since meeting Eric. He makes them special.

Sorry to hear Ori is sick!

My dh dislikes nicknames too. He says, "Who is Evvie? There is no Evvie here."

I have family who lives in New Orleans. Lived, I guess. My great-grandmother and two cousins and all their families lost their houses and everything in them. They're all in Chattanooga now, shacking up with my aunts. It looks like they're going to be there a long time. Wow. Their whole lives are washed away, houses and jobs and everything. My cousin Samantha is seven months pregnant with her third child, and the whole family is in my aunt's basement, indefinitely.
#465 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:40 PM

K - rooms that get hot and are light here have the black silk covering them. It helps some.

#466 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:46 PM

I think my earliest memory is riding in a van with a bunch of my cousins. I think my mom and some of the adult cousins went to a concert, and someone was watching us kids. I guess I was 2 or 3, I should ask Mom sometime.

The commercials... there was a Snickers one and the My Child doll (I had one!) and some other toys. Can't remember now. I'll have to watch the rest of the tape sometime.

Pam: Ask around SCA groups if anyone has a drum to sell cheap or give away or swap for. Lots of people get one, tinker a bit, and then don't use it. I have a bodhran collecting dust under my bed, but I'm sure Mike will say he's going to play it again one of these days. Is there a Northern region email list? Or try Ealdormere (I'm on theirs, if you want me to ask for you). Maybe you can have it mailed to you, so it wouldn't necessarily have to be someone you'd see in person anytime soon. But I'm guessing it would be much less hassle from within CA.

Jessi: So sad about your relatives.
#467 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

ok nap lasted like 5 minutes and she's up and cranky again, aaaahhhhh. Help me obi wan kenobi, help me!!

Thats so sad whats happening down there. I feel for them I really do, then on the other hand I just don't think living in an area that is under sea level thats near the ocean is sucha smart idea. Of course they'll rebuild and same thing will probably happen in the next 50 years I just hope people will learn from this storm and always evacuate, because you just never know.

Best bday- hm don't think I can recall one? I'm sure I had some good ones as a kid but honestly don't remember any
#468 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:49 PM - Thread Starter

ooh that was my 900th post

Megan is crying again, ahh
ok she stop and is now staring at me
okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy
ok crying again, this could go on all day!
#469 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 04:56 PM

MOre stuff:

Frenchfries: We have a place in town that makes Sweet potato fries, and I've scraped out the centers of those for Kaia.

Pam: What stones do you like? I have some that could go looking for a new home. Also, one of my favorite chants for "I can't take this any more" is this:

Hold on, Hold on,
Through the darkness into the dawn

Just a reminder that everything comes back around, it's one of the mysteries, you know?

Best birthday: 30th. We went to Disneyland, I had a no calorie counting day (and still lost 4 pounds that week) and spent the day with my whole extended family on my mom's side, minus grandma, who turned 90 later that month, and was understandably not up to Disneyland. There was icecream and churros and mint julep and fudge brownies with icecream and my Dad's secret caramelized chocolate hot fudge recipe that only my little brother knows how to make. : I'm still mad that he didn't teach me to make it, but he said that if anyone else knew how to make it it wasn't as fun. And then my brother taught his girlfriend how to make it. : But I digress, and Kaia wants Mama to get off the computer for a bit and play with her.
#470 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:05 PM

earliest memory when I was 2 standing onmy nana's stairs looking through the bars at the door waiting for my mum to and get me when she was having my sister.

My best birthday, hmmm I don't know. My birthdays are usually pretty lame which sucks cause I think birthdays are wicked important and I try to make everyones awesome.

So Karen what type of midwife are you? I thought there was just the two types are you like an apprentice? I'm hoping for to have a homebirth next pg (not for a couple for years) so I'm trying to learn more about midwives. I've only delt with cnm's so far. I midwives I wish there were more of them and that they were more widly coverd by insurance

I hate nicknames too. Christopher is Christopher and Elizabeth is Elizabeth and will remain so as long as I can help it. DH thinks nicknames are great though, but he respects me on this and calls the dc by their names. MY whole thing is if you wanted to call your dc X you should have named him X not XYZ. DH doesn't like his full name William and he's a Bill, as is his father, grandfather, great-grandfather, great-great-grandfather etc, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

Pam yeah the zoloft wouldn't totally take away your depression, but I've found that it helps me deal with things and puts things in perspective. I've been down the depression road many times and sometimes I get off with out the meds but sometimes I need them to help me find the off ramp. Thinking about the big S is pretty serious and scarey with little ones, I've been there. I just hope you find a solution that works for you.

Laura camilia this is the one for babies

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#471 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:16 PM

oh yeah Miss E scootch over to where Mr C was sitting doing his homework (only a couple of feet away) and pulled herself up on the chair he was sitting on and kep trying to pinch his tush :LOL she's also been going from sitting to tummy and back again with less and less wipe outs. She seems very determined to start going. Mr C started walking at 9 1/2 months and running 2 days later. He started crawling aboiut a month after that :LOL the boy's always been impatient

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#472 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:17 PM

Andy I thimk I'm hving a post-a-thon over here instead of you

#473 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:25 PM

michelle I just read your birth story I though I was going to see picture of Kaia when I clicked on the link and I got a surprise

#474 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:30 PM

Jessi - http://www.snoogiesnaps.com/Oriental.htm
And 2-3 weeks dairy/soy free minimum, maybe a month. And if that's the problem, it will get worse before it gets better, for a few days or a week.

Hey who has the fake TIVO that hooks up to the computer network? Dh and I are debating about it next, since we're killing the DTV this week.

Sheri, woohoo!!! House!! Yaay!

Kathy, how's the weather today? It's rain rain rain rain here, ugly boring drippy rain, not a perky happy storm like I enjoy.

Pam, how was the cheesecake? Gosh, I feel like I missed a week here, and I was really only away for half of yesterday and half of today.

Michelle, Lauren sings all the time. It's such a nice thing to listen to. Then she'll make some screech noise and *ack* there goes my quiet music moment!

Aviva, we're in that place with $$ too. And we're cutting and hacking everything we can possibly find to cut. No more DTV, no more house phone, no eating out, no lots of stuff. BUT on the flip side, I'm buying healthier foods and trying to make it all work out.

Joyce, yes, it's both. My brother is the young one and the boy, and he pretty much can do whatever and whenever he wants no matter how screwed up it is, and my parents always always always always think he's ok, and when they don't think he's ok, they don't say anything. Me, I'm the older and girl, and I have these internalized expectations that I have always felt obligated to meet, even if my parents didn't mean to do that to me.

Take the job! Take the job! I am so jealous. I've lived all of my life in BORING OHIO and I want to go somewhere else. I can live vicariously through you. And ask Fiona to go too, she might love it!

Pam, can you take all the stuff that A can do independently and put them in shoeboxes so she can go get a box when she has nothing to do? Then you could suggest a box for her when things start to get nutty?

And I'll send you a box of chocolates to coax you out!

Joyce, bummer on Fiona.

Sheri, ooh moving this weekend! Woohoo! And Mr. C will do just fine, I totally cried on the first day of first grade for the same reasons. The expectations are so different than K was.

Ack, dh just told me he is going to Stennis Space Center, MS, this week, uh to like the middle of all the worst hurricane damage. ACK!

OMG I just realized I am like 4 pages behind. Heck you guys might have started a new thread already... reading faster. Must read faster.

Happy Bday Emily and Jessi!

Yaay Kaitlyn on the potty training!

My dh is all for the commune too, but he says we have to have solar and wind power and he'll be in charge of that with the other geek guys.

Oooh Lauren is so seriously into stuff. She's trying to climb, pull, tackle, take over, whatever she can to the entire house. I need to do some bigtime baby proofing. And diaper gymnastics too, yes! If I had a linoleum floor in the kitchen I'd just leave her in there naked and wipe the floor, but nope, we have old pine floors here!

Baby bath poll: Lauren goes in the shower with dh or I after a nasty poo that doesn't make it in the potty. Otherwise, we wipe her bottom down with a wet cloth every day, and her face/hands/feet as needed when they are dirty. No soap or shampoo for my baby, although dh will wash her bum with soap when he's got a poo girl.

Memory poll: my first memory is about 2 yrs old, when I had ear tubes surgery. I remember so distinctly the green tile wall (think hospital green) and the burnt orange woven material on the bench in the hallway (looked like burlap, not quite so rough) and then someone coming at me with a gas mask. Very lovely memory.

Pam, if zoloft can take the edge off and help you cope with the situation better, wouldn't that be ok?

Pam:
Quote:
If you have to get up for one last snack, I want you to know we'll be right back!
Oh yah, gymnastics, L crawled off the changing table on to the nightstand, across the nightstand, and into the window the other day - I guess she really wanted whatever was in the window, ended up with her face pressed against the screen and her toes on the nightstand... dh was right there watching it all and waiting for her to get stuck.

I want some cake!

ROFL Andy, nice ddddc!

Jessi, my niece is Evie, because her mother, grandmother, and great grandmother are all Evelyns and living, so we named them Evie, Evelyn (her mom), BIG EV (granma) and then Grandma Evelyn... easier to tell them all apart.

Bday poll - I really don't remember my birthdays... I can remember specific things about some years when I got some specific gift, but nothing spectacular stands out.

Laura, come on, make 1000! You can do it! I wish I could help ya on the fussy baby bit, but I don't have a clue. Lauren does that too.

Andy, L wore the sailor outfit the other day, and is in the denim jumper now... she gets pissed though because she can't crawl in a dress!

Nicknames... I can't think of one for L. I am really Elizabeth, but my parents had a big fight over that one - one wanted a formal name, one wanted a fun name, and they compromised, making Elizabeth into Eliza into Lisa for me.

next message:
pedi
thrift store
movies
sleep

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#475 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:31 PM

I've got a question. I've been dying for the beatles lately but between 3 moves in 2 1/2 years, dogs kids etc my cd's are unplayable. If anyone of you wonderful mamas has some of thier cds would be willing to burn me a copy if I sent you some blank cds? please?

#476 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:35 PM

Lisa if your next post is about good sleep I don't want to hear about it :

#477 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:41 PM

Az- we have tons of beatles.... but not that earlier poppy stuff. what do you want??

And I have tons to say, but a fussy baby.
#478 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:45 PM

I just had a moment. I suggested to dh that we go over to his parents, we have a plate for his aunt who's stayingthere that we've had since christmas and I figured we could have a little visit. Well no one but fil is around and he's going to take a bath. So I said to dh " this is a sign, everytime I suggest we go visit your family we can't, maybe its a sign we should visit them" bad Sheri, dh didn't think that was funny and kinda got mad :

#479 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

oh thxs Sheri for showing me what it looks like, i think shaws actually carries that! It look familiar

good sleep, whats that?

ok Megan is down for a nap again, i think it's sticking she's been down for 15 minutes, woo!

yeah nicknames I really don't call K any nicknames, I just say K here cuzs it shorter to type :LOL Megan will be Megan, don't like Meg at all
#480 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

oh yeah my nickname as a kid was LuLu, i hated it! grrrr

i wouldn't know how to burn a cd to save my life Sheri

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page