Janulicious August #3 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malama
Az- we have tons of beatles.... but not that earlier poppy stuff. what do you want??

And I have tons to say, but a fussy baby.
everything but that earlier poppy stuff :LOL revolver, sgt pepper, the white album, magical mystery tour, abby road

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#482 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreial
Lisa if your next post is about good sleep I don't want to hear about it :
would you rather I post about BAD sleep? :LOL
Luka went to sleep at 9pm after probably an HOUR of struggle. Woke up maybe 20 minutes later SCREAMING. By the glow of the computer, it looked like his arm/hand was all red. He wouldn't nurse. I was worried something bit him, but in the end I decided that he was asleep or something on his arm and probably had pins and needles. got him back to sleep and he woke 3 more times in that first hour. WTF????
feel any better now Sheri??
#483 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:51 PM

Quote:
everything but that earlier poppy stuff :LOL revolver, sgt pepper, the white album, magical mystery tour, abby road
got all of those. pm me your list plus your address
#484 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom
oh thxs Sheri for showing me what it looks like, i think shaws actually carries that! It look familiar
is your shaw's one of the ones with the wild harvest sections? one of our shaw's has that and sometimes they have good stuff there

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#485 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:53 PM

Hi Az - I don't htink I have ANY Beatles on CD...I'll go looking though. Can you play tapes, too?

We Love Lori Berkner now (well, Beca does!). Thanks for the CD!!!

Annie - we got a BIIIIIG box w/a bumbo and shorties in it! Thank you so much! The shorties are just PERFECT!!! They really are! They are long on him, so they look like those cool surfer type shorts! Thank you sweetie! Oh, pm'ing w/ph#.

Something else...but gone. sigh. Oh, Lisa! Nice to hear from you in such a Loooong way !!! :LOL And thanks to you I now see my ddddc! Thanks mama - whomever it was! I finally called through to RCA today and they are backordered 1-2 weeks. I can last that long ... I think lol!

Well, best get thinking about dinner here. At least today I got the dog walked!

Oh, so far Orin does not love the bumbo. And since he's sitting on his own for the most part, I guess it's a bit superfluous, but nice to get three babes into the same bumbo. I was surprised that it was so squishy. It looks hard in all the pictures. That made it somewhat better, imo. Does it float?

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#486 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know Karen but that made me feel better sorry you had a bad night though

Yup Sheri it does have a wild harvest section, yeah! wish it were bigger. It's my only sanctuary in this town. I actually wrote to all the natural food stores, like wild oats, whole foods and TJ and ask if they were going to build a store anytime soon in this area, it so desperately needs at least one of them!
#487 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:54 PM

Az, that's a funny comment about DH's family. C'mon, you're supposed to be nice to them this week, so they'll help you move.

Lisa, those are some very pretty Snoogie diapers. We have some SnoogieSnaps, though. I liked them at first because they fit longer than the other newborn ones. Turns out, the Newborn Snoogie we had was missized and was really a Small. Now I'm trying to minimize diaper assembly, so any dipe that has a snap-in part is rejected.

Az, Evelyn has the Beatles "One" compilation. Do you want a copy of that one?
#488 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 05:56 PM

Oh yeah! I remember - Karen - I bailed on that music swap, as it was getting too hard. People were moving from swap to trade to cd's only etc...so I bailed, I'm just not organized enough for that

Got to go to hot fussy boy

andy

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#489 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

oh just a random rant here
watching the news and they said the average CEO salary is 11,800,000 million dollars and the average worker $27,000. How F***** UP is that? grrr I friggin hate this society at times
#490 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:02 PM

Ok I'm back. Had to get some ricecream and water so I can type some more! That last post took me FOREVER to get done, and it almost got eaten by the cybermonsters.

SO, last night we went to my Nona's house for dinner, dh stayed home. My parents and great aunt came too, and we had fun, and then I decided to go to the thrift store while we were there... so I left L with my dad and mom at Nona's house and went shopping with the instructions to call me if she got fussy and I'd come right back. Well, after an hour I called them and she was doing fine.. so I was gone for an hour and a half and got a big bag of clothes for her for winter and next summer for $20.07 - it was 1/2 off day. Tomorrow I'm going to the store by our house to do the same, it's 1/2 off day there. MUCH better on my budget than the full price places. Seriously considering going to thrift for a lot more than just baby stuff.

Lauren had her 6 month well baby visit today (har har!, 6 months!) and the nurse practitioner saw us because my pedi was still at the hospital seeing newborns. So she actually documented that Lauren reacts to the foods and we talked about that and solids and I pretty much led the entire discussion. She said "Oh in your chart it says delaying vax until 6 months, do you want to start today?" and I told her that given L's current food issues, FIL died of ALS, my mom has rhumatoid arthritis, and there are food allergies on both sides, that I was going to wait longer. I actually said "We're going to use the herd immunity to our benefit as long as we can" and she said she woudl respect our decision based on my research. Woohoo for that. I also told her about EC, and she complimented me for being so in tune with L's needs that I could get the poo in the potty. OH if only she knew that poo is the ONLY thing I can get in the potty anymore!

On the downside, she suggested modified CIO to teach her to sleep in her own space, and that we needed to supplement w/iron and flouride as well. But hey, it's loads better than the advice given to me by other docs! And I politely reminded her that the GI said we didn't need anything but breastmilk until 12 months.

Lauren and I are really digging the mommy-baby movie thing. Today was the 40 year old virgin movie, which was silly and dumb, but was nice to be out of the house and giggle at silly and dumb. And I"ve been inviting dh along for weeks, and he never wants to go. Today when we get home, he says he wanted to see the silly dumb movie. Go figure.

And finally, sleep. After the crazy 45 min nursing marathons last week, this week dh and I are working on a compromise. I nurse her to sleep, and then the first waking, which is usually 12 or 3 depending on how she goes to sleep. Then I get up and leave, and he's in charge until 6 or 7 when she wakes again. The first few nights were rough because I wasn't sleeping - she did fine and he did ok too, although I wish he were a little more alert - she crawled across the bed and into the crib this morning before he woke. BUT last night I ate some homeopathic sleep stuff and I actually got 5 hrs!! Wooohoo!

That's it from here, I guess I'll go post and see what I missed. Lots and lots of rain still.... maybe I'll take L for a walk in it.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#491 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:10 PM

Wow. Lotta chattyness going on.

David is totally into the commune idea. He's wanted to live in an intentional community forever, with strawbale houses and a big garden and totally off the grid.
#492 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:11 PM

Ok, I've got to catch up from the chatty afternoon, but I've gotta share a gross story, partly cuz I may need advice on medical help...

I was doing dishes, and I turned around, G was on the florr behind me playing, but she had brown stuff all over her fingers and in her mouth. She also had one of A's shoes, which had more brown stuff on it. It smelled like poop. But not baby poo. At first I thought A had pooped outside and gotten it on her shoes, but then, when I asked her, she seemed honestly certain she hadn't, so my only conclusion is that my baby was eating chicken poop! I gave her a bath and wiped her mouth out (from the way she was thrusting her toungue out, it didn't appear tasty), and she drank some water. Now I'm afraid she'll get deathly sick!
So two new rules:
1. leave all shoes in back porch
2. must build caged in area for birds.
#493 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

eeeew about the poo Pam

Lisa- sounds like a good visit. I hear it's raining tons over there, hope you aren't getting flooded out

I'm so digging the commune idea. Hey Larry would love to design the houses He said he'd like to build a big old fence to keep everyone out :LOL Gee now only if we were rich enough to purchase land, heck we'd do it in a heartbeat
#494 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:16 PM

Hi mamas!

Not enough time to reply to everything, but a few things-

I would like to be in any swap. Just include me in all of em from now on -k!!

First memory - playing in my parents bed, with baby sis and my cocker spaniel, Mr. Susie. They had ugly, 70's comforter with orange and brown oak leaves on it, and the walls of their bedroom were painted green :LOL

Violet is a busy body too - she is obsessed with the cat food dish, the screen door and the stairs. We're going to have to figure out same safety issues. Makai is really into putting food in her mouth.

If we're talking CDs -anybody have any Jeff Buckley they could copy for me? That is one cd I need to replace.

Jessi, I'm so sorry about your family. It unfathomable, the scope of all this. It's awful. I had a lot of family down in Houma, but they've moved in the past few years....Its so awful.....
#495 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:17 PM

oh pam, yuck! that's awful. She'll probably be fine. Kaia got her hands on both a poopy wipe cloth and a piece of cat poop, and I was on pins an needles waiting for her to get sick.
#496 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:17 PM

So Kathy, are we chatty enough for you now?

Pam, I hope G is fine, because that chicken poop story is funny!

Lisa, congrats on 5 hours! Welcome back to humankind.
#497 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:18 PM

Hey, I have some land!! I have nine acres near Quincy, CA. My sis and I share it though, I don't think she'd dig the whole commune thing though --- she's very Christian.

But for the purposes of imaginary internet commune, go ahead and use it!!
#498 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:19 PM

Woo hoo! 500 posts!!!! : : :
#499 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:26 PM

Pam, ugh on the icky chicky poop!! I'm sure that babies over generations have eaten mounds of poop... yucky but true! I'd probably go with the shoes outside rule too, though and let chickens roam free... I'm all about the cage-free

Lisa, are you talking about me with the tivo-less 'puter stuff? We have a bit of know how there (or DH does). PM me if ya like!

hmmmm... what else was I going to type? No clue. Sorry for everyone's restless, sleepless nights - - or starts of nights. Brynn's been having a good go of it lately, but it's as the old saying of "it'll pass" - - both the good stuff and the tough stuff!

Cake is ready and chilling to set in the fridge. Homemade periogies too tonight! I feel very industrious I even did the dishes! We didn't get out to walk yet though. I took a shower and then by the time I had everyone dressed and ready it was too hot out. DH should be home soon and then I'm off to the gym! Hopefully he'll take the girls on a little jaunt while I'm gone.

Ok, mind's blank. I'll need to start making those lists like you, Lisa
#500 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessitron
So Kathy, are we chatty enough for you now?
Hell ya!
Keep it up, Mamas :LOL
#501 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I've got a question. I've been dying for the beatles lately but between 3 moves in 2 1/2 years, dogs kids etc my cd's are unplayable. If anyone of you wonderful mamas has some of thier cds would be willing to burn me a copy if I sent you some blank cds? please?
I'm not to the end of the thread yet but we have sgt Pepper, end the white albums on my ipod I could burn them to cd.
#502 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:44 PM

Kathy, I want to eat at your house tonight. Pierogies, mmmmm

What's un-Christian about a commune? We were reading about an early Christian commune in Sunday School this week. Acts 4?:32-37 But anyway, we're planning to put it on Karen's land in Hawaii. My Nana will clear it for us with a pair of scissors and a box knife. Lisa, the solar and wind energy sounds perfect. We have to power computers for us programmers to work from there.
#503 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:45 PM

I asked Word to update a Table of Contents ever ten minutes ago and I'm still waiting. Gah! It's only a 2 meg file, you stupid program. I could have done it by hand in this amount of time. Once it's done, I'm saving it and going home.
#504 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:48 PM

Andy, I had a LOT to reply to! Nearly 2 days of not posting from me!!

Pam, I say watch her for anything nasty, but she'll probably be fine. Icky on the poo eating though!

Laura, tell Larry no on the fence, we need a moat! Dh and Mary's hubby can be the commune pilots, I swear, this is so possible, we have all the skills we need between all of us.

Annie, I have a cd for you. Not Jeff Buckley (if you get a copy, make me one too!) but something else, something fun. And something cool too.. I just need to go copy them. Dh has been hogging the mac all the time so I haven't had a chance.

Annie, can we buy your sister out? Seriously. We could commute back and forth from your land to Karens land, it'd be fun!

Kathy yes, you the tivo-less one! I need info. Dh seems to think it's gonna be $$$$ to do, and I think there are cheaper ways.

Ok I keep refreshing and have to keep typing!!

Jessi go home!

Me too, well I'm leaving home. Lauren and I are going to go walk in the rain and splash in the puddles, and dh can wipe us down when we get home.

Lisa

#505 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:48 PM

Nicknames. I have lots for the kids. Geneva is neva, neevie, neevie noodle, doodle bug, noodle-doodle, doodle head... Abigail is Abby, Abs, Abster, Abster-oonie Abba-dabba-doo, Aber-gail, Munchkin...

Laura, have you *never* given her a bath? Nothing wrong with it, but wow, that's a long time to hold out!

Andy, hope Orin feels better. How do I make a drum?

I might check out TP... haven't had luck selling there, stuff I posted hasn't had much interest (those darned nursing tanks that weren't what I wanted, plus my airflows - everyone wants wool, including me!)

Jessi, hugs to your fam. in NO.

I'm not really actively involved with my SCA here, I just dream about it. There isn't even a Canton that covers where I live, and I haven't been to an event since before A was born. There have been several I've wanted to go to, but I can't get dh to go anymore. I've only recently decided I'm gonna go without him next time one comes up. But I don't know anyone in the group well enough to contact.
If you could do that for me, I'd be quite happy!

Best birthday? My 16th was my biggest party. My new-at-the-time bf was there, I'd just gotten back from a big trip to Montreal (sans parents), I'd bought my first bikini (after years of trying to 'look good' I got smart and wore one anyway, celebrating what I *did* look like). Of course my crazy friends brought their staple guns and stapled other guests to my deck through their clothes and I was never allowed to have a party again, but the water balloon fight was fun, and oh yeah, those crazy ones put lawn chairs on the porch roof and climbed up onto it. It was the only time in my youth that I had a crazy party.

Michelle, I'm not sure what stones I'd need. I know I have some around here, but not sure what. I'm pretty certain I've got amythest, rose quartz and a few others. I'm thinking of something that would have one stone correspond to each chakra, and some extras perhaps for endurance, strength, courage, rejuvenation, wisdom... I should see what I've got first.

Today was pretty good, I managed to take deep breaths whenever I felt about to flip out at A, or even if I failed initially, I managed to calm myslef after to keep things from escalating and be able to start with a clean slate each time. I had a rough time with the chicken poop, and A left the bathroom to go pee in the living room right after that... Grrr... right now they're both napping and I've go stuff to do... gonna get to it soon before G wakes up.

Lisa, that's a good idea, though I'm not sure what to put it in... The thing she plays with most is her doll, and that stays out all the time.

I really don't want to go on drugs, so I hope I can beat this without them.

I love the name Evelyn, but the only one I knew growing up was a friend-turned-backstabber who took to waiting for me in the bushes to jump out and beat me up when I got off the bus. I think she stole from me too. She was in a bad fmaily situation.

Jessi, how is it that a baby has a Beatles CD?

We are having a potty strike here. G hasn't done anything in the potty for three days now, and squirms whenever I put her there, like she wants to get away.

Michelle, do you want to be straw-bale neighbours to a family in a cordwood house? :-)

You know, I really wanted to free range, but we're seriously probably going to have to give them a roomy but caged in space. The poop all over the lawn makes it hard to play on, they hide their eggs so much, that of 8 layers, we still only get 2-4 eggs per day, not enough to feed ourselves, and I can't get them to stop eating my flowers.
#506 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:50 PM

Nevermind...looks like you're covered Sheri.

Annie- dh has Jeff Buckley and I have something for Violet from the Hanna Anderson outlet... So I'll make a copy and send it to you.

Yes we went to the HA outlet. There was a sale and I was at my mom's house. They had a ton of the pj's ($28 versus $34) a few of the playdresses and few of the wiggle pants ( I think I got these for $10). I found a jacket for Iz since the one Ruby had kind of disintergrated (don't buy old navy if you want multiple kids to wear it). I'm still up for making another trip if anyone wants anything...

the network is wonky today so I keep trying to do stuff only to be locked out and unable to save my changes...argh.

Jessi-I'm sorry for your family. Glad everyone is ok physically though.

Pam- to add to Lisa's suggestion...Ruby has crayons and markers and paper out on her little table all the time so if I'm nursing or in the middle of something I can suggest she color a picture...really she makes "grocery lists" and asks me what I want. Then she makes little scribbles on the paper...kind of funny. Oh and she LOVES to make me coffee with her tea set.
#507 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:52 PM

Quick, KATHY, since you are the chatty one today, make us a new thread!

#508 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

yeah we could buy her out Karen :LOL or build a little church on the land?
except I don't like CA much

I ditto on eating up Kathy's house, oh yum!

Yup no baths for miss Megan. I won't give her none till she's sitting up on her own really well. Did the same thing for K. I have very weak wrists and sometimes the cramp up awfully bad, so it's hard for me to keep hold of a wobbly baby in a bath and wash at the same time. I tried those infant tubs and just didn't like them either
#509 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:56 PM

Um before anyone starts a new thread... tomorrow's the last day of the month...
#510 of 660 Old 08-30-2005, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

what new thread, just one more day left in the month
eeks almost September!

K's latest thing is cooking in her kitchen and also washing her toys, it's so cute

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page