Janulicious August #3 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 660 Old 08-22-2005, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
good afternoon! Torin and I babysat today for an adorable 1-year old. It was fun! He is really sweet. Torin enjoyed it too!
He slept terribly last night and SO DID I, of course! Oh well.... at least he is napping now and has been for almost 2 hours! I should've napped with him but I was hungry! The choc-zuchini bread just sounds yummy!!!! I'm trying to do South Beach currently. I lost lots of weight post-partum but lately, I've been making poor choices and I feel like my stomach is getting a tire around it! So, I'm going to do something about it!
Lisa - that story was unbelievable! How did you remain so upbeat???? Glad you spent the night though - sounded unsafe to be on the road!
Karen-did you get a nap in??????
going to go lay down..... my neck and back are strained and I need to rest a bit before the boy wakes up!
#122 of 660 Old 08-22-2005, 09:39 PM

DINNER! Oh, Annie, I can listen too, but I'm not too sure about investing right now. If there was a particular item that you recommended, I could try it, but not a whole ton. Jerry'd be on my case for SURE!

'kay, HP is on...caio!

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#123 of 660 Old 08-22-2005, 09:46 PM

OMG Annie!!! You rock! Just got a wonderful package from Hawaiim and have been oohing and ahhing, I have to share: http://www.dandelioncircle.org/fishy.jpg I love this dress!!! I love the soaker and all the rest, Thank you thank you thankyou

And another photo: http://www.dandelioncircle.org/swing.jpg

Lisa: you so deserve a medal!
#124 of 660 Old 08-22-2005, 10:01 PM

Yay Michelle!!! I always thought of Kaia when we had that dress - Kai means ocean, of course, and Nai'a is dolphin....I dunno. I just always thought about her, lol. I'm glad you like it I hope the soaker fits too - I made it before she had the huge weight gain. Also, the ribbing is supposed to be baby cables, but that yarn (a handspun) was not happy in this humidity. Totally frizzed. I hope it calmed a bit in your dry air. Anyway, if you don't like it, or whatever, lmk and I'll redo it, ok....

There are more soakers on their way, mamas. I've been slowly sending them out here and there.

Also, if you want to hear about the Melaleuca stuff, PM me your phone # and I'll have her call ya. I don't think you are obligated to buy....but I'm not sure.
#125 of 660 Old 08-22-2005, 10:50 PM

http://www.dandelioncircle.org/soaker.jpg

No, it fits fine. And I love it. Thank you again. I think you already have my phone number, so go ahead and have them call.
#126 of 660 Old 08-22-2005, 10:58 PM

oh michelle- Kaia is just so beautiful. Looking at those pictures reminded me of how bright and sunny she is irl. I do have that 1 pic of us from when we met. I'll have to put that stuff on the puter. I'm so lagging.....

we did errands and visited a friend who has a nb. there she was, swaddling, shhushing, etc.... I don't miss that at all. I love when babies get bigger like Luka and all the gang are. they are so much FUN!
anyhow, Luka loved it at her house. She has a 3 yo and he just loved to play with all of his toys and just be somewhere different. we'll have to visit soon again.

I think I'm too fried to write more. Luka is asleep and i think I need to be there too- at least a little nap.
#127 of 660 Old 08-22-2005, 11:45 PM

Hi-

Welcome back Jeni!

The walk-y game sounds cute Jessi. Evelyn is such a big girl! Saying mama, too, how awesome!

Hugs to you Jess, hope the girls settle down and feel better.

Kaia looks cut ein the pics. I found a ocean dress like that at goodwill, but it's a 18 month old so we are saving it for later!

Did I say how cute Violet is in the latest blog pics? Love all the hair, and her wacky-faces -making mommy! The groups sound fun! If it helps you I'll hear about the meleuca Annie, but I am not up for doing anything more. I am not much of a sales person. But I will send the catalogs out to those that asked!

Carmen sure is a cute & chattyilicious one.

Mary, ha ha about the juneua marathin runners. A friend and a cousin are training fora marathon now, it seems like such a big deal and outta my realm now. A yoga video is progress over here!

Is the zestra oral or topical? it says its evening primrose and borage? Anything else in it?

LIsa I had to read your travials to dh out loud. Thats freggin' ridiculous! It would be funny if it wasn't your life!

MUST TELL STORY:
I came home to a story nearly as gross, or worse than the cockroach story.

I left Martin at home with the baby tonight, was going to a 5:30 thing, was to be gone an hour. It turned into something that lasted till 8:30. I ddin't expect her to miss me sinc I thought I would be an hour, so had not left any milk, and I haven't been pumping lately so there is no stash.

SO I come home about 8:45. I walk in, Iris is crying, and I say "oh, did you miss me?" Martin looked very guilty, and said either that, or her tummy hurts cause i gave her a bottle of rotten milk.

MILK? I didn't leave any milk! Of course except for the bottles from a long time a go I am saving casue I have an unnatural attachment to my pumped milk, and I just can't dump it so I am saving to plant a tree over or something....

SO he says he opened the fridge and thought, oh she's so good she left me all this milk! And made a bottle. She took a bottle, ate "about an inch of it" then he smelled it and noticed it was totally gross (which he didn't notice when he heated it). Then he looked a the date- I pumped it MAY 22nd!

The milk is half as old as she is! Her breath smelled awful!

Yech, yech...

Martin and I had tuimmy aches all evening just empathizing with her, but she was FINE. She saw me and giggled and played and stayed up past her bed time. Daddy was meanwhile feeling awful and guilty, looking up "rancid+breastmilk+ reaction" on search engines to comfort himself, saying feed her some fresh milk to dilute it....

She'll live. My aren't they resilent. I think I'll go dump all the old milk (it is all clearly labeled, but..) on any old tree. No more storing it past it's date here!

Heidi
#128 of 660 Old 08-22-2005, 11:55 PM

:LOL Heidi. Gross, but funny.
oh, and that Zestra is topical, it comes in little packets- about the size of a condom packet and have maybe 1/2 tsp in them. It just makes you have some warmth and extra sensation down there. not excellent, but since I wasn';t feeling much of anything, somthing is better than nothing! and yeah, the ingredients looked completely benign to me.
#129 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 12:33 AM

Kaia looks SO cute!! She is a little bundle o sunshine

Heidi, ewwwww, gross about the milk. At least M was apologetic. I think its uber sweet how he was all concerned.

I just made zee yummiest wheat free/egg free oatmeal cookies. And I made up the recipe myself, so I'm pretty darn proud

1 1/2 cups spelt flour
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal (think Quaker oats or something)
2 sticks butter, softened
1 ripe banana, smooshed
1 cup sugar :
1 cup brown sugar : :
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips

Mix everything together, and place the little dough balls on a non stick cooking sheet, smushing the tops down with a fork so that they are somewhat flat. Bake for 10 minutes at 350. Take them out before the tops are golden, but the bottom is a bit golden. Allow to cool on sheet for a couple minutes before eating.

Oh, and I got my Blue Canoe (finally) Its awesome. I missed this last coop. I'm hoping there will be another one soon. I definitely want to get more stuff. AND my teas from the tea coop came too . Three words - Belgium Chocolate Rooibos
#130 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 05:36 AM

Quiet night, eh?

We went to go slide down this great big grass hill on cardboard boxes (think sledding for the snow deprived) and then walked down to the grocery store. It was a big outing, but good excercise. I'm pooped.

Goodnight and good morning...
#131 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 08:14 AM

we did signs with abby when she was younger, and I don't think it helped. She can communicate very well, the problem is that others can't understand her because she uses her own language.

Lisa, wow! What a crazy time!

Glad you had fun at pennsic, jeni! Welcome back!

Jessi, congrats on the word!

Beautiful soakers, Annie! I wish I could knit. I figure, when the kids are older I would be able to take the time and really get good at it, but by then they're out of diapers!

Yuck! on the milk story!

I'm having my mdc friend come over today, but I still have to so the dishes from our bbq...

Oh, and dh starts at the new office (3 days a week) next monday!
#132 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Hedi-oh my thats gross, ack

Michelle- oh Kaia is such the doll!!!!!!!!

Karen- i also so don't miss the nb phase, i like them older

Annie-thxs for recipe, gonna have to try it (once my oven gets fixed)

i was gonna say something but can't remeber what now
#133 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Oh yes just came to me.
Megan sat up last night for a few seconds on her own it wasn't totally upright, she leaned forward a lot but it's progress.
#134 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 08:39 AM

Mornin!

I've got pictures!
http://paquerette.merseine.nu:1832/beatrice/group1.jpg
http://paquerette.merseine.nu:1832/beatrice/group2.jpg

Aren't they adorable?!

So, my washing machine had the audacity to die last night. I am not amused. I am so dreading the hauling 500 lbs of wet laundry to the laundromat tonight. Yuck.

I think we have another tooth coming and it's really bothering her. It wakes her out of a dead sleep sometimes and she's just inconsolable.

Yuck on the rotten milk, but I still think that's preferable to the roach.

Kaia looks big! How big is she now? And I love the soaker.

I can't really do the call thing because I have the cell, but I wonder if my mom would. Does it have to be a mama of young kids?
#135 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Jeni- nice pic

that sucks about the washer. i got a spare one in the garage, want me to send it to you
#136 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 08:56 AM

all caught up but he's sad. so no typing for me

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#137 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 09:47 AM

Morning Ladies

It was a quiet night all around I guess. I would have posted last night, but we had an HOA meeting called at the last minute. There are a lot of bad feelings in this neighborhood, a lot of name calling, and a lot of adults acting like teenagers. So I went and said my piece, since I have been the target of recent attacks, along with 2 of my friends. Hopefully it will bet better now. For my part, I will do my best.

Will was pretty good during the meeting. I got asked whhy I brought him, and why I wouldn't pass him around to be held by everyone. I took him in the mei tai, so I wouldn't have to pass him around. People were shocked to learn that I am still nursing. I got comments about him being 7 months old and if I don't stop soon, he'll always want to nurse. : Some people can be so mis/un informed.

I have a dentist appointment today. So does Em. This is her first appointment. I am so excited, and a little worried that she won't do well. We have been trying to practice, but I am still worried that she is going to lose it while sitting in that chair.

Okay, better go. Gotta get lunches ready.
#138 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 09:52 AM

morning mamas! Torin woke to nurse now I'm awake! But, I put him back in his co-sleeper next to my side of the bed. I find if he is in there, he wakes less often.
Love the pics! Is it Lisa and Jeni, who is the third? Forgive me if I missed it but where did you guys meet up?? The babes are beautiful! We are going to have to have a big reunion someday.
We are "possibly" headed to the East coast for 10 days or so in early October? Anyone going to be in Manhattan or New Jersey or Bucks County, PA? We usually go to Massachusetts and Maine but since its a short trip, I doubt we will.
Anyway, bummer on the washer, Jeni!
yay for Megan on the sitting! Torin is sitting well now but no crawlage! He is getting on all fours and rocking though. That was just in the past 3 days.
Jessi - so cute about the "mama"! Torin definitely cries when I walk out of the room especially when he is tired but no comprehensible words yet!
I agree with you Karen and Laura, this phase of babyhood is sooooooo much fun!!
Annie - the grass sledding sounds like fun!!!!!!!
Love the shots of Kaia! What a beauty! She looks adorable in the dress.
Going to try to get some zzzzzzzzzz's. See you later!
One more thing Poll: Do you mamas all have daily "routines" for your little ones or do you just go from day-to-day? I've been reading the No Cry Sleep Solution and she talks about having a schedule which we don't really have. If so, do you think it helps with the sleeping at night?
ooo Nicole, sounds like some pretty "narrow" people in your HOA! Did the meeting resolve anything? I hope so!
#139 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 09:57 AM

ok, my mil DID, in fact feed g a taste of ice cream at the party, which likely explains why she was up every half hour till 4 am sundsy night. i am livid! i know you guys will sympathize with me!
#140 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 10:02 AM

Mary - Eh, they said that everyone is going to try and start fresh. I will for my part, but who knows. I don't hold my breath. There is one real j---a-- that seems to have a lot of pull, and he is just one of those eternally unhappy people.

Pam - What do you suppose happened? The sugar, or the dairy. Just curious. Will has had ice cream, with no reaction, but Em gets all jittery too when she has too much sugar. My folks always give her candy, and that irritates the crap out of me. I so totally understand your irritation.
#141 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Nicole- yeah I agree some peeps are just misinformed, argh. Good luck w/the dentist!

Hope Ori is a happy man now

Mary- hey we are planning a trip to somewhere around NYC to see his uncle, not sure where exactly it is. Let me know when your trip is maybe we could work it around the time you are gonna be there
#142 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 10:53 AM

Wow all these big babies make my giant Miss E look like a little Miss E :LOL I'll have to get some more pictures uploaded to show off.

Andy, Christopher wants to know if Miss Beca got "that thing he mailed her"

I should be packing but all the boxes are upstairs in my room with a sleeping baby. So I went through some stuff and got yet another trash bag full of stuff to go to the salvation army and I finally got all my x-mas stuff in a box together.

Nicole I still haven't mailed that outfit : it'll probably be tomorrow.

Annie :LOL on the HI sledding. Did you take the boys or was it just you?

New poll: For those of you planning on another baby, how long are you planning on waiting to ttc?

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#143 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 10:56 AM

Hey Heidi, send me a catalog. And eeeewww on the milk! Can you go bless all kinds of plants with it? It'd be my luck my old milk would kill a plant or something Speaking of which, she's 7 months now, I'm sure I have some that is at least 6 months old downstairs, with DAIRY written in marker across the bag. Gotta chuck that too, but like you I just can't get rid of it.

I'm ALMOST done with postcards. Geesh, a month late!

Annie, oooh cookies.. everything but the 2 sticks of butter is on my ok list! I haven't made cookies yet with my fake butter, I don't think it'll come out right. But I've made lots of cakes and chocolate bread.

Oooh Jeni beats me to the pics! I haven't even unloaded the camera yet from the diaper bag. :

OHMYGOD NICOLE!! You better be really careful, your kid is going to need you to go to college with him!! And besides, formula is so much better for his body. Duh!

Mary, the 3rd is my friend Diana, and her dd Mari, they live near me, and wanted in on the IKEA digs. She reads MDC but I don't know what her name is! On NCSS, I tried to move bedtime up and do a schedule, but it JUST DOESN'T WORK FOR ME. So I figure my kid is learning just fine to be flexible too, and we're not suffering too badly - I mean, my nights suck, but I'm not working either, so I don't need to get 8 hrs at once.

Aw Pam, evil MIL!

Sheri - I haven't figured that out yet. I think I'd like to wait until L is at least a year, but who knows. Right now I'm terrified of being preg, so it's likely that we'll wait for a bit.

Gotta shower, L and I are going to the movies today.

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#144 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 11:11 AM

Just a quick hello, mamas. Not sure how long I'll have at the computer.

Already thinking about ttc? You know, pre-baby, I never really understood why people would even think about ttc after already having a young baby. But now, I get it. C&D are becoming such cool little people, and they're at a stage where they're fun and interactive, but also still squishy and cuddly. And they're so happy, which helps me out a lot, some days. So if I had one, I think I for sure would already be planning #2, but I think maybe I would wait until #1 was about a year, so if #1 weaned it would be okay? I dunno.

As it is, in my case, not going to even THINK about a #3 until these guys are at least 4. That is partly for the best interest of my sanity, my finances, and, you never know, might could be twins again, so we'd have to be ready for a major zoo at that point. And anyway, by then, I'll be 32ish, and maybe be happy with where things are in my life.

On the other hand, maybe I'll want to do it one more time.

And by then I would have some of the mysteries figured out, like what David (sorry, it wasn't Carmen, it was David) was trying to do on that blanket. Until that point, he had never babbled so long and intently, and that the thing with his feet, they way he dolphin-kicked, I wonder what it was all about? Maybe it means he'll crawl like Mr. Magoo? Crawl-crawl-boink, crawl-crawl-boink . . .

Another big mystery is what the heck is happening under Carmen's chinny-chin-chin. Still there. In fact, it's spreading a bit. Of course she's drooling like Niagra Falls, and that can't help. I'm very afraid of it. I'm very afraid of anything that might be yeasty, and it's just stressing me out. What am I supposed to do with the vinegar, Lisa, just keep wiping it with a vinegar/water solution? Like 10% vinegar?

You gotta be kidding. Shortest nap ever. Be back, hopefully. going to post this much, anyway.
#145 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 11:16 AM

Okay, here I go again.

Nicole, don't worry to much about the MT. As it is, I haven't even gotten my Nine Acres MT after ordering it a month ago, and I PAID for that one. :LOL I'm going to be so happy to wear yours. It's going to be a real Janulicious one.

Damn, up again.
#146 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 11:52 AM

Gave up. Seeing if the swing will put him in a lull so I can put him back down, because now he's just being silly.

The stupid cat scratching on the door wanting back in isn't helping, I'm sure. Bah.

Nicole, what was the problem with the HOA? We have one, too, but they don't care about too much. As long as the house doesn't look too, too bad, and as long as there aren't roosters that are bothering the neighbors (a lot of people do cockfights). Friday right after Matt's parents got here, a house down the street had a huge police situation, with the helicopter and everything. I guess a guy in the house did something bad, took off in a rental car, and the rental car had Northstar on it so they traced it to his garage. Then he took off on foot with a gun so there were police cars zooming up and down the street, and with the helicopter right over head, the whole thing was just comical. Matt's parents (from a sleepy bedroom community in Orange County, CA) took it in stride, fortunately.

Now here's the trash truck. Good grief.

Let's see, what else . . . hmm. Matt's parents were actually quite well-behaved. I was impressed and so relieved. The first day David cried at his mom because she came on a little strong for him, and she said, "oh, I don't care if he cries!" Matt and I both shot back, "but we do!" and took him away. She really made a point of deferring to us for the rest of the trip. She's still running at the mouth, though, and very negative when she does so. Example: "oh, look, babies, we're passing a toy store and your mean mommy won't stop! I would stop for you!" "Pretty soon you're going to be beating each other up and fighting over these toys!" "You better tell your mom this laundry basket full of toys isn't big enough!" [And when my Preschoolians FINALLY came in on Saturday and I was opening the package:] "They don't need shoes! Why'd you buy shoes?" [noticing the shoes wouldn't fit them for a couple more months:] "Why did you buy such big shoes for?" "They're going to be wearing these shoes all the way through first grade!" [seeing Carmen's pink and white shoes:] "You bought Carmen girl shoes! I thought you said you weren't going to have her all dressed up in pink! You're going to dress her like a girl, after all!" Aaaaaaaaack. I just wanted to turn her OFF! :LOL Matt thinks her constant negative blabbing is because she's getting older; he thinks she didn't used to be like this. Apparently his grandmother was like this to his grandfather until he died. She's 55, she couldn't be hitting that cranky pre-dementia stage already, could she? I wonder if there is anything they could do about it, like maybe if Premarin or something would help. Seems that Matt's dad just tunes her out, and that's kind of sad, you know?

I give up. Gave up on the dumb cat, too, he's probalby sprinkling fleas all over this rug that I'm on. Dammit.

Dammit dammit.

Well, see you girls later. I'm going to keep Davey company while he babbles and maybe check my work e-mail.
#147 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

sounds like a typical MIL Joyce or in my case my own mom

speaking of catalogs anyone want one from The Storyteller.com ? I got tons and they'll be coming out with a new one soon, so I need to do something with them.

I swear this town is so weird. I get the strangest looks from peeps when I wear the sling. It's like why don't you just ask me what it is instead of staring me down like i'm from another planet! ugh
#148 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmom
I swear this town is so weird. I get the strangest looks from peeps when I wear the sling. It's like why don't you just ask me what it is instead of staring me down like i'm from another planet! ugh
I always get self-concisous and think there's a booger hanging out of my nose...:LOL
#149 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 12:23 PM

on ttc: I want one more (well really 2, but dh doesn't want more than 3). I think I'll wait a bitlonger betwee Iz and the next one. My body seemed to really struggle being pregnant so I'd like to give it a bit of time between babies. Plus I would like to bf a bit longer. i'm thinking around age 2...
#150 of 660 Old 08-23-2005, 12:23 PM

LOVE all the pics. Kaia is sooo cute!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page