Janulicious August #3 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey K. you are so right - it is sleek and wonderful...but doesn't download audiobooks from the NYS library...and that, my dear friend, is FREE Can someone come over here and just put me out of my misery? We have had a record # of awful nights. Last night, his longest stretch was 2 hrs. He didn't make it to 3, he was nursing by 2:15. And again at 3, and again at 4:30, and again at 5:45. And then just up. I let him roll over me until 6:30, nursed him again and then made jerry take him for 15 min. so I could sleep. And here we are. yawn.

Laura - what were YOU doing up? You open for business or something? :LOL

Pam - good morning! How far are you from NY? I sort of thought it was far...like 6 - 8 hrs.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#182 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 09:12 AM

I am seriuosly brain fried... :LOL

#183 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 09:36 AM

Andy - Here's hoping you got to bed girl. On the MP3 thing. If you decide to get an ipod, locate yourself and apple store. They will likely have a refurbished one. I just got DH one last weekend, because his battery in his original one was dying. It was 270 and is a 30G one.

Little rant ahead - DH got up last night with Slim because he was crying. He came in a couple of minutes later and told me there was nothing he could do and that Slim was hungry. So I believe him and haul myself out of bed. I pick the boy up to nurse him and low and behold, he is soaking. I did wake DH back up and lecture him about that one. How lazy and rude to not even check that. Slime nursed then, but I think it was just because by thhat point he was so upset and awake that he was hungry. :

Laura - I hope you got some sleep too.
#184 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 09:44 AM

Mamas!!

Jeez, long time no chat. We have no desktop still, and DH still has to order the replacement harddrive from sony (under warranty)... gah, this is craziness. Laptop is home again for now, but it just ain't the same! Oh, and SIL is visiting. Much fun and busy-ness here!

We spent two days basking in the Florida sun, Sunday and Monday, and I came back sporting a doozy of a sunburn on my back. Um, a reminder to me NOT to forget to put sunscreen on my back before sitting on the beach for 10 hours, maybe???

(the "t" on the laptop is broken and driving my crazy.... when it rains it pours with computer problems, no?)

The beach was amazing though. We saw dolphins leaping just offshore (twice!!!) and never did I think I would see this. Oh, and the area was known for bull sharks and we saw some babies within meters of shore. A woman at the store that DH bought drinks at was a lifeguard most of her life and said that you'd never swim in the water if you could see the water from above. Apparently it is FULL of bull sharks and they come really close to shore. It was kind of weird, looking down the beach I'd noticed that no one was really going in past their knees, except for two girls on air mattresses and even they were probably only in chest deep water.

Brynn LOVED the beach. LOVED it. This girl, we're quite certain, was a captain on a fishing boat or something in a former life. She hollers at the sea like she has a score to settle, then furiously beats the water with her hands. Fierce determination, our girl has... fierce.

Tess was also in her element and bravely jumping right in. She got right knocked over by a few waves, but after a brief recovery, in she went again! Oh, and she loved learning to "swim" with me in the hotel pool. Such fun!

bah. Brynn is SUPER cranky right now so I guess this is it for me. I'm not sure if it's teeth or just developmental frustration (the girl is ambitious!), but she's been a bit of a fuss pot the last couple of days. Very strange for her, but we'll go with it (what choice do we have, huh?)

ok, must jet!

hello and hugs to all!
#185 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 09:48 AM

Kathy - Good to hear from you! Glad to hear that the beach was fun and the kiddos enjoyed themselves. Make sure to put on sunscreen nextime.
#186 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 10:28 AM

I think we might be seeing top teeth in the next couple of weeks.

Andy she's hopong to close on 31 Aug

I've got a diaper to change to breakfast to cook and eat

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#187 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

sleep nope not last night. Don't know I was was up most of the night, finally fell asleep around 5:30 then Megan woke at 6!

Kathy- good to hear from you, we miss you!!
#188 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Pam, I was just reading our local town paper and they had an article about a possible Boston-NS ferry!! starting next year. How exciting is that.

Larry is off for a few days. So I'm getting a break sort of. Both the girls are outside, whilst I'm indoors doing stuff.
#189 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 12:13 PM

So, are you coming for a visit then?

When I asked A what she wanted for her birthday, she said she wanted "oh-goo", which means either chocolate or cookies. And she wants nothing else. But I really want to buy her a few things. One thing I really wanted was the nice tea set from chinaberry, but there's a set I have that I sometimes let her play with that she enjoys, but it's not meant for kids, it's more of a miniature decoration type thing. Plus there's a couple things I want to get her from threesisterstoys.com. Oh, and the waldorf doll, of course

Here's my list:
Waldorf doll (well, a kit, I'm making the doll)
tea set http://www.chinaberry.com/showbook.c...serid=56967294
"Wild Child" book http://www.threesisterstoys.com/stor...?item=10000365
natural tambourine http://www.threesisterstoys.com/stor...?item=10000427 (I want to get one for G too, so maybe this is something I could save for yule.)
Lacing cards http://www.threesisterstoys.com/stor...?item=10000026

Is this too much? (dh would say yes)

Last year all we could afford was a sippy cup and a cake and the year before it was one wooden frame puzzle. Because of my upbringing, I'd like to be able to get her a few things...
#190 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 12:19 PM

Ok, I asked her again. I said, "So is there anything you'd like for your birthday?"
A: "Amiam" (means M&M's)
Me: "Nothing else?"
A: "No." (in a very serious tone)
Me: "No new toys?"
A: "No." (very serious)
Me: "Not even a new doll?"
A: "No."

So, I guess I should respect her wishes and forget about all of it? Why is it so hard not to get her 'stuff'?
ok, thanks for listening!
#191 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 01:04 PM

Pam- I'm glad I'm not the only one...:LOL R would only ask for chocolate too.

I did buy her a really great tea set last year and she still plays with it.

I think it would be really cool to make her the doll.

Oh and I don't usually buy holiday gifts because the girls get so much crap from family. I tend to sprinkle it through out the year. Actually I never buy dh holiday gifts either...it's too hard to wait for the holiday.
#192 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 01:59 PM

Jess I can totally relate to the "can't wait to the holiday" thing. I do that all the time!
#193 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 02:15 PM

Pam - I think you are entitled to get her at least one good gift to celebrate the day you brought her into the world. One gift from her mama is not too much by ANY means! And it doesn't have to be all wrapped and part of a 'traditional' ceremony. Chocolate cake with song is enough of that, eh?

Ferry from Boston! Cool!!!

Sorry 'bout no sleep Laura. Me too, though I did get 2 hrs. this morning while he napped. I just lamed out, set Beca in front of the tube and was out in a second :LOL

I CAN'T get an ipod, you ipodians!!! It isn't set up to take protected WAM's, which is how libraries send audiobooks (because they're copyright protected). I need a player that plays WAM DRM's. Ok??? But thanks for the support

Ok, he's being very patient with his sister, but it's time this mama got her butt out the door for some exercise. Caio mamas! hugs, andy

#194 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 02:19 PM

Andy- as much as I think the ipod is THE way to go (it is sexy and, well, mine pink) My friend has an iRiver that she really likes. Has radio and all and I think it can do the library book thing...

Good luck on your search!
#195 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 02:22 PM

Ori puked on Beca's shirt - minor meltdown... hi kathy! I so glad you had fun in fla! caio

#196 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 02:33 PM

Luka slept in til 7 this am : never mind the fact that he was back and forth with a boob in his mouth for the last hour. it's later than since we got back from my parents.
BUT.... his diaper leaked : what's up with that. it wasn't a big leak- maybe he just overfilled the diaper (which wasn't anything super big or anything). it's a small leak, but annoying nevertheless. hasn't happened in forever. he was in bed for 11 hours tho.....same diap too.....

anyhow, we were supposed to go to the beach today but there is some annoying stomach bug going thru our house. Noam had the runs this am. I had that headache yesterday and also had a moment where I was going to seriously hurl. so no fun, I guess.
tomorrow we have a planned power outtage all day long, so I was thinking then would be a good time to be out. I mean if I won't be able to get online all day, what's the point of being home?? :LOL

Andy- i'll stop with the ipod "subliminal" messages.... good luck. I hope you find what you're looking for soon!-- and you are not a bad mom for occasionally using the video babysitter. heck. we all need a break sometimes!

Kathy- glad you had fun!sunburn=bad. sorry. that doesn't sound so fun to swim with bull sharks! i'm not a huge shark fan- though little ones seem ok. I have to knock woood and say that in 12 years of living here, i've never seen one when I was out swimming. Dh has seen some swimming and then some they've actively gone to look for while diving. ugh.

Pam- get her what you want. she's 3 and sometimes that whole idea of receiving gifts you want etc, is just above them. this is esp true if she doesn't watch commercial tv. they just have no clue.

i left Luka on the lr floor with the boys. I better go check on him.
#197 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabeca
Ori puked on Beca's shirt - minor meltdown...

for some reason Luka spits up only with Ra'am. He rarely spits up anymore at all, but with Ra'am? it's almost daily. and it's always predigested curdly stuff :LOL
#198 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Pam- we might go but I dont' forsee it in the near future, depends on our finances are next year

Good for Luka

Larry's getting a taste of what I deal with everyday :LOL oh poor guy. I'm trying to pump enough milk for tonite, going to a parents homeschool meeting. For some reason when I pump, I don't get nearly the same amount like I used to? I don't know if my supply has dropped? maybe Megan wasn't getting enough and thats why she's been uber cranky lately? I dunno I may have to run out and get formula if I don't get enough pumped
#199 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 03:30 PM

HEEEEEEEEAR ya! He seems to save it for his sister, and she's NOT happy about it. I think I'm leaning toward an RCA sport model only 1 gig but easy to use/interface and not too expensive (less tha 135 on sale).

#200 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 03:33 PM

Laura - my boobs NEVER pump as much as they make for him when he nurses. They just stimulate way better from him than the pumps. She's not going to be hurt by a little bit of formula, but know that you are almost assuredly making sufficient milk for her. Sometimes it's more, sometiems it's less, but it is almost always enough (when it's not it's because of 1) breast surgery 2) birth control hormones 3) major illness, such as leukemia etc.). I love getting to go our for a few hrs.

#201 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

yeah but I used to pump so much milk though? I'm like no where near where I used to be.
#202 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 03:50 PM

Laura, I have a 21 pound baby, and I cannot pump a drop of milk from my boobs. Sometimes that just happens....Sucks though. When I was working, it was a real pita - Makai wouldn't drink formula - my mom had to drive him down to the spa between clients so he could nurse. (luckily, we lived 5 minutes away, and it was fine with me - its what I had wanted in the first place.)

Andy, what about the Sony mp3 players? Those seem nice. Oh, did anyone hear about the latest twist in the Microsoft, Ipod saga??? Microsoft owns the pattents for ipod, and just won a court case that apple will now have to pay royalties on ALL the Ipods. It is SO unbelievably evil. Especially because, MS knew Apple was waiting to file the pattent, and went behind their back, and did it faster. Ugh, I hate MS. They are sooooooooooooo bad.

We had a morning. None of the kids would get up for school, or eat breakfast, they were all crying, had to put the wheels on the double jogger so we could get to school on time - normal stuff, it was just rushed and annoying. I hate when all three are crying at the same time.

Oh, and I think Makai might be having night terrors? He has been waking up having these horrendous hour long screaming fits. Usually his eyes are still closed. I dunno. It could also be that he just wants to nurse, because if I nurse him, it immediatly stops - but I'm trying to not do that. I want him to start learning other ways to soothe (reading books, snuggling, drinking water/almond milk), besides nursing all the time, because this tandem thing is really starting to take a toll on my body. I think he nurses more than Violet. And if I try to set any limit with it, he FREAKS out. Which in my mind means he's not ready for limits, but I still have to set them, because I'm like, wasting away. I'm down to 105!!

Anyways, the night time fits suck. He always wakes up Violet, and then I have to tend to her, and he freaks out even more....sigh....grrrr.....kids.
#203 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 03:57 PM

Laura- I echo what others have said..... I know it's hard to call. is she gaining weight in a relatively consistent weight as when she was on the bottle? is she gulping and stuff while nursing? does she eat solids yet?- that can affect your supply enough that pumping might be difficult. her being fussy can have so many different reasons.... teeth, etc.... you are doing a great job mama!!!!

Annie- 2 yo kids are so challenging to nurse. I know. If you need to set limits then you need to do what you need to do. You were gonna leave him when you go to deal with your gram's stuff, right? will he be ok without your presence? does he get all nursing focused when he sees you? i.e. outta site, outta mind?
please don't shrink away mama!!!!

I think we're headed into nap time over here. things are not seeming ok for the littel guy
#204 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 03:57 PM

Laura, maybe your body's just used to the superior suction of the baby now. How long is your meeting? Maybe a bit to tide her over will be sufficient and she'll nurse like a fiend when you get home?

Beatrice mostly only spits on Mike now. Sometimes on herself. Very rarely on me.

We went for a walk today around the block. I miss being outside I guess. :LOL

Oh, and this really sucks. This morning while she was napping, I was sitting on the edge of the bed handsewing and I lost my needle. I've shaken out the bedding and the stuff I was working on and searched the floor, can't find it anywhere. I was sitting about where Mike's feet go so he'll probably get stabbed with it and yell at me. I'm really disturbed that it disappeared like that. Everyone send me findy-findy vibes.

Pam: I think a low-key birthday sounds nice!

My neighbors were yelling at each other yesterday. I heard commotion and went to the window and listened. Something about the one woman's kid, who may or may not have been playing in the other woman's yard, and the other woman may or may not have yelled and sworn at the kid. Then the non-mom was threatening to call welfare on the mom, and something about "not everyone's Christian, you know!" : Very weird. But good entertainment.
#205 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

yeah but but but :LOL
I guess I''m so used to getting a certain amount out all the time, argh. I will need to get some formula for sure. Megan always eats last aroun 7-8pm and there's no way she'd made it till I got home

Jeni- find that needle vibes! I hate it when that happens, owie

sorry about Makai Annie- no advice here, enver been throught that but you can't let yourself waste away thats for sure

So I sorta been trying EC, no luck yet w/her going in potty. I tried again this afternoon, after she ate. She started crying so I took her off, put her on floor so I could get diaper and yup she peed, ah! we were so close!
#206 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 05:00 PM

Andy, I saw "Skeleton Key" which I would have possibly paid to see at the dollar theater, but not full price. And it gave me bad dreams last night. March of the Penguins was last week and I regret not going. And I got picked as an "ambassador" to the mommy movies - which means I get to go for free in exchange for promoting the concept. I can deal with that.

Joyce, yep, we have a sump pump. In 1975 the owners had a "waterproofing system" installed - which essentially dug a trench at the footer inside the basement, put in drain tile, and drains all the leaks over to the sump and the pump is supposed to pump it up to the garden. We also just had some drain tile repaired and it was that spot where the pressure was relieved during storms into our basement... now that it's fixed, we're sure there is a backflow problem with the storm sewer, as our utility tub now fills up when it rains. We don't keep anything on the floor and we're coping with it, although this was the worst of all floods, we got 4" of rain in less than 2 hrs.

Joyce again, email from me about the BMT.

Pam, maybe I can talk dh into driving up north

Megan, Ori and Lauren must have had a conf call last night. L was up every 45-60 to nurse, and whimpered in her sleep between.

Nicole, ugh on dh and the dipe. :

Andy, dh says he can hack your ipod and make it read those too

Annie, dh says that's a big rumor - there apparently are similar patents but apple is going to get around it just fine. He's a macojunkie, and reads the technogeek blogs for info. He says check macdailynews.com for the details.

My email is acting strange. Oh and I have to say, I love the mama who runs katieskisses.com - I got some prefolds from her to dye for a gift and they were defective, and I get to keep them (they are usable, just not pretty) and she sent more. Whee!

Lisa

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#207 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 05:13 PM

: I was typing away and my post disappeared. : I have this thing installed on my puter that turns my laptop's trackpad into a clicker and scroller and things and sometimes it messes up..... like when I've typed a whole bunch.... darn
#208 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 05:29 PM

Annie: from dh: http://www.macdailynews.com/index.ph...ted_apples_ipo

#209 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 05:48 PM

Glad to hear its a rumor, but I still hate Microsoft. Its ingrained in me My mom was an engineer for Sun for years....
#210 of 660 Old 08-24-2005, 06:09 PM

Hehehe yah, I hate MS too. They are eevil like the deeevil.. them and wal-mart

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page