Janulicious August #3 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lisa, Corona is about an hour inland from my mom's place, however, Disneyland is about halfway between the 2... not that I can afford a ticket to Disneyland right now, but Downtown disney has shops and restaurants and fountains, and is pretty easy to find. If I'm in LA at the time, we'll try to hook up.
Annie: if I'm not in LA when you are in CA, I will make some sort of arrangement to get to Sac, there are a couple of good spots that we could meet at.

This, of course, assumes that I am not in the middle of moving. (and we are putting every bit of magic we have into getting this place. I want to live there)
Jessi: $65k for a programmer/analyst! My brother just got into the field and he's making $80k! (of course that is in the Silicon Valley). But still, a mite unrealistic.

Mary and Lisa and Karen and Aviva and Andy: so sorry about the sleep problems. I wish I could lend you guys a night with Kaia. She is a pain to get to sleep, generally takes a walk around the block while nursing in the sling, but once she is out, she only wakes to nurse and settles right back down.

Supply issues: the quack LC that I see says that one of the best ways to improve supply with an older baby is to pump or wake baby for a (n extra?) night feeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 08:38 PM

Anyone who feels cheated out of righteous nuttyness by Karen's need to be reasonable about her homeschool colleague is welcome to come over to this thread and back me up...
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=332710
#243 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 09:12 PM

Or smack me down if that is what I need . I need to stop obsessing over what strangers on the internet say to me. (you all are not strangers! I'm allowed to obsess over your lives. If I had a dollar for everytime I said "one of the mamas on my internet group..." Well, I might be able to buy a tank of gas. :LOL )
#244 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 09:47 PM

back on the grid.
thank goodness.

it wouldn't have been a big deal if Noam was fine and we just went out for the day. As it is the only food he wanted in 2 days was a smoothie. Got everything in the blender and flipped the switch before I remembered that there was no juice.
THe poor munchkin has 102 fever. he's just been sleeping and lazing and just barely moving. poor guy.

Michelle- I responded to that thread. I can tell you that I seriously AVOID confrontation online with people I don't know. I hate confrontation in general and when I don't know the person, I just don't wanna get all emotionally upset over something and someone who means nothing to me. so i read threads and don't respond all the time.

Jessi- good luck with the job.... if you want it

Andy- shall we call you backorder queen? or are you just so plugged in to the collective unconscious of internet shoppers that you are buying all of the currently HOT items? :LOL
I hope Beca does fine with grams.... at the very least so you don't have to send your dh out in the middle of the night to rescue her

and our farmer's market? it's the best in the state. check it out http://www.hilofarmersmarket.com/

Noam, BLESS HIS HEART.... he was lying on the couch a bit ago, looking all dazed and glazed and said "mommy, I think you're getting skinnier" too bad he won't eat ice cream or other treats right now, because he DESERVES one!
#245 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas!
I'm in a funk don't feel like typing much. It makes sense w/the less supply in pumping. I know she's getting enough, my milk is dripping when she's done and it dribbles down her face, so it's coming out.
I love my parents meeting last night. These mamas are great. I'm very happy I found them. Most of them are pretty APish also, especially w/bf They were all amazed at my story, made me feel good!

I need sleep. Sleep vibes to us all tonight
#246 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 10:53 PM

My mum signed the p&s today she thinks she may close before the end ofthe month but the goal is still the end of the month.
I've got most of the packing done now its the stuff that you doin't really have enough of to f8ill a box, you know the stuff that gets thrown into boxes labeld stuff :LOL plus pictures.

Jessi, geeze I wish I could turn down 65K.

I had a couple of good days but I'm havign a down day again today. On top of that I keep having chest pains This happened before a few years ago but nothing came of it so I'm not really worried but it still sucks

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#247 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 10:57 PM

Jessi, you are one rockin programmer Tell them to double the offer and give you extra vacation too.

Andy, I agree, you need to buy first, think second, that way you'll get your stuff

Michelle, lol, we totally can't afford disney either..
BUT maybe you and Annie and I can find a central point to meet? Dh wants to drive to San Fran while I'm there.. who knows. We'll have a rental car and per diem for hotel.

Woohoo, did you just invite me to a catfight? Gotta go read all about it. :LOL

Sheri, hugs to you on the pains, I hate when that happens. And yaay on the house!

Ok fussy baby here, gotta get her meds and diped and off to dreamland.

G'nite mamas!

Lisa, mama to Lauren, Elliot, angel Marion, and baby due in the fall.
#248 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 11:01 PM

you know what's really awesoem aboutthe new house it have clothes lines I'm am so exctied about the clothes lines, three of them off the deck. I was drawing little cartoons for ds showing him how the clotheslines work and talking about how cool they are. I think I must has ramdomly started talking about the clothes lines a dz times today

mum to Christopher (6/98) Elizabeth (2/05) twins Aaron and Dominic (7/10/06) and new baby Eden (4-18-09)
#249 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 11:08 PM

signed up on the janulicious team there... it was fun! Have a good night mamas. Karen - hope you are feeling better (and Noam, too!).

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#250 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 11:17 PM

Jessi: don't feel bad, Bea's not terribly fussy or sleepless either. :LOL

Aviva: South River and Spotswood. My DH lived in Helmetta when he was little.

Karen: Hope Noam's feeling better.

Busy day, and it's gonna be a busy weekend.
#251 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 11:26 PM

Oooh, I wrote that and THEN read back posts - POOR NOAM! And he DOES deserve something yummy - some sorbet??? Must be all a melty in the freezer there

Az - I hope you get a good night's sleep. I know I'm going to try for one here! Give those little beans a squeeze for me - living out of boxes is not fun. I hope the move is SOON

#252 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 11:28 PM

my poor baby is so sick (Noam baby, not Luka baby). He had some smoothie earlier and after 1/2 cup said he felt much better.... but it didn't sit with himl. he did keep it in for a good 2 hours tho, so at least he absorbed some nutrients/ electrolytes. he feels so crappy

Sheri- woo hoo! clotheslines! change is good. I'm glad to hear things are moving so quickly. sorry you're having a bad day.... with all the hecticness, make sure you are getting some time to just put up your feet and recharge

I'm tyhpig here on the couch and Makalena- my black and overly affectionate cat just came and parked herself on my forearm. she is scooping in on some mama love while R has the baby, :LOL she's just one more being clamoring for my attention
#253 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 11:40 PM

: : :
Luka is 7 months today ( technically he turned 7 months with the full moon some days ago)!!!

: :
#254 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 11:41 PM

Jeni that is too weird, its a very small world, my parents have recently moved from EB to Helmetta. (new over 55 housing development there...they couldn't afford the taxes on the house in EB anymore) Since Helmetta is like a mile square that is pretty incredible I think. I used to board my horse in Helmetta when I was growing up. Has DH been back there? They closed the little general store

Michelle I can't join in on that thread, I wrote a whole post and then realized I'd probably just get whomped for it because I am simply in a seriously grumpilicious mood and steam was flying off my fingers. Chemicals for the chemical people indeed. I did want to say that I also had major sinus problems and two things seriously helped, getting a neti pot, and using a steroid spray for a little while (combination of natural methods and the very chemical ). Now I hardly ever get infections and even headaches I can usually get to go away with the neti pot and some steam (and maybe a little advil). I think the thing that the other woman got at the pharmacist isn't a neti pot...my friend has one and its a similar idea but more mechanical. I don't really see the advantage over a neti pot but she likes hers.

Oh today I got to meet someone I know from online...a woman who makes pouches, the pouches were luscious and I am seriously coveting one...no funds alas. Plus over the weekend I tried on a classic ergo and found it very comfortable, so the back carrier problem is solved if I can just find someone with an old ergo who wants to sell it to me for less than an arm and a leg. Now I just have to sell all the other things I have that I don't actually use and I might be able to afford them.

Aviva
#255 of 660 Old 08-25-2005, 11:57 PM

I'm not done with my chores, but I have to ask:

Michelle, you leave in LODI but DH works in SACRAMENTO? Good grief. I hope that's not right, but that's what it sounds like. Housing in California is just nuts.

Oh, okay, one more question. Jessi, what does your DH do? Because of my DH, we're stuck in an oil city for now. :LOL He does a lot of programming at his work, actually, but he isn't sure he can do it for a living. Houston's good because it's close to the familia, and has lots of fun stuff, but it stinks and I'm ready to live in a place where I can take a deep breath and not think about the carcinogens in the air. But it smells lahk awl and we ain't gonna clean it 'cuz we ain't gonna let the fed'rl gubm'nt tell us what t'do!

Bah. I've talked to everybody about this already. But sometimes it's frustrating. Especially in summer. I just let out the cat and the air smells like plastic. Come on, I'm at least 20 miles from the ship channel, can't they keep their stink to themselves? It's better in winter, all those cold fronts. Canada air smells way better.

Lisa, does your basement stink after the flood in it? What a pita.

Well, time to get back to my chores. Hugs to all our sickies and the sleep deprived mamas, too (my babes have been wakey, too . . . I'm past tired and just silly, and so ANTSY . . . I'm gonna sneak aroud the house and get my life in order).

Oh, hey, I sold a MT yesterday! Woo-hoo!

Okay, ya already, I'm going.
#256 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpurring

Michelle, you leave in LODI but DH works in SACRAMENTO? Good grief. I hope that's not right, but that's what it sounds like. Housing in California is just nuts.
Well, it's not 'right' but it is correct. It's about a 60 mile round trip- not bad as California commutes go. I actually know people with 150 mile commutes. We've been planning a move ever since he got the job up there last summer, but he just now is able to get the time off we'd need to do it. We've found 2 places now that we like, so hopefully one will work out. I'm hoping for the first, as #2 was only a 2 bedroom, and we really need 3 because of my stepdaughters. Even though they don't live with us, we want them to have a room that is theirs when they are here.

I hate it when I let myself get sucked in to something like that other thread. I think I'm touchy about it because I have to take the domperidone for milk supply, so I'm all defensive. And I feel like a bully, 'cause I went and got all my friends to jump all over her. <sigh> (but thanks, because now I feel all not alone) I posted an apology for being defensive, and now I need to let it go and stop obsessing.

Karen: poor Noam. Tell him I hope he feels better soon. My favorite thing when I have nausea is to make ice pops out of sweetened catnip/chamomile/mint tea. And happy 7 months, Luka! Kaia hit her 7 calender yesterday.

Aviva: do you know about the Yahoo Babywearing Swap list? I've gotten a couple of carriers on there at really decent prices. I'll post a link if anyone needs it.
#257 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 06:07 AM

Ugh, my stomach hurts! How long does this last??? I was thinking I'd had it for awhile, but I guess since Sun. night is only 4 days....I feel ok, but after I eat my stomach starts to feel really acidy, and I get all nauseous.

I forgot what else I was going to say . I hope Noam is feeling better tomorrow.

Good night.
#258 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 06:09 AM

Oh, yeah - I remember now.

We have a posse!!! Cool, I've always wnated to be in one :LOL
#259 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 10:56 AM

Morning mamas! We're on our way to Mass today, so I'll catch back up with everyone tomorrow night or Sunday morning (our time). Hope the H-A clan is feeling better, the O. clan is feeling better (and gettins some sleep and eating well - more mochi!), that Aviva is calming down (drink that Chamomile) and Yup - we be a posse!

light and peace mamas, andy

ps - gotta be SUPER DUPER fast to get a used ergo. everyone is looking for one - don't think, just buy! :LOL

#260 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 11:01 AM

Ok, I'm serioulsy behind, but gotta post.
Lisa can you find more about hthis? A link? : "Pam, you out there? I was reading something about EC today that said that a lot of 2-3 yr olds who were EC'd as babes regressed while mom was preggo and tandem nursing - and it was because of the extra hormones in mama that were passing in bmilk to the older babe"

Yay Az for a place, with clotheslines!

Yay Joyce, selling a MT!

Hope Noam feels better
#261 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 11:02 AM

Aviva - I am glad that I am not the only one who saw their supply drop with thier period. Only mine didn't come back as good. So frustrating. We did better yesterday though.

Jessi - Congrats on the job. Sounds like it might happen.

Michelle -Quite the little drama over there. Don't mess with a Janulicious mama. We protect our own! (Where's a boxing smilie when you need one?) I would have jumped in, but I am a novice to herbals, so she would technically have to consider me a "chemical woman." But I am getting better. You especially are teaching me.

Andy - How'd the sleepover go? Have fun in Mass!

Sheri - Congrats on getting packed. That IMO is harder than the actual move itself. Now, when you unpack, you can get ready to have a yard sale! That's what we do anyway. Hope you are having a better day today. Take it easy so that you don't get more chest pains.

Joyce - You are too funny. Why don't you come to AZ. We have programmer jobs here and you wouldn't have to get used to the weather!

Will is sleeping well again. I did better yesterday on the pumping. We got 6 ounces in the am and 3 in the pm, so I will have enough for both bottles today! Woo hoo!

Okay, little boo girl just got up, poured herself some soy milk and is asking for cinnamon toast. Gotta go!
#262 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 11:52 AM

Aviva, I don't know what your funds look like, but you can get old ergos that are still new for $60ish I think..

Joyce, our flood was all fresh water, and we've gotten really good at drying it out FAST. UGH if it were sewage, ewww! Anyhow, it smells like an old basement all year, it's not a place we can finish and put in a family room or anything, just old stone walls and cement floor.

Michelle, that was totally ok to get your friends all over her, she was downright rude and uninformed. Bring it on mama!

#263 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 12:08 PM

Pam, it was a discussion on the big EC yahoo group - there are like 1200 members or something, it's HIGH VOLUME but I'll go look for the archives and send them to you.

Nicole, you taking calcium/magnesium supplement?

Dh is off somewhere with L, she's fussing, and I don't know where they are - not loud enough to be in bed, too loud to be in the basement.. oh well, he'll bring her back when she gets mad enough.

Rough night again, but not as rough as 2 nights ago. I think I need to sleep 1/2 the night in the other room for a while until L gets used to not nursing every 45 min. Of course she'll probably start sleeping through for him and then I'll move back in and the booby radar will pop up and she'll go back to every 45min.

Breakfast. Food is a good thing.

#264 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 12:13 PM

wow there are 1200 people who do EC? I had no idea it was that popular!!
#265 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 12:37 PM

Hey Mamas!

Well, SIL is on her way to New Orleans.... it took all of my willpower not to conceal myself in her suitcase

Still no desktop, but Dh's laptop is still home. I am so not looking forward to when he whisks it away again. Oh well, it's been good for weaning me off of a couple of boards that I posted infrequently on anyway.

I am SO going to miss SIL being around! First, she was fabulous with the girls ~ very hands on and eager to play. More so, though, I'm going to miss our days together just hanging out and talking. It feels very quiet and lonely here this morning.

Brynn is *this* close to crawling. She has the bear crawl and the commando crawl down pat, but something hasn't clicked yet with old-style. She's been close for 3 weeks now.... the first 2 weeks she plugged away with grace, jolliness and patience.... this week she is FRUSTRATED. Mega frustrated. She gets pissed when she can't get to where she wants to go fast enough, and she also has decided that maybe she'll just bypass the whole crawling thing and go straight to standing. Of course, her abilities here also do not meet her ambitions. Did I mention she's a tad frustrated?? wooo boy. I've always been so glad that she's taking things slow and that I can enjoy each stage, but I have to say that I am now eagerly awaiting her being able to crawl and feel jolly again

Tess is feeling her Auntie's absence today, I think. Lots of tears this morning, and I'm happy with how patient I've felt about it all. Some days are already feeling long at 9am though, and I'm afraid to say this is one of them.

Ok, I have some catching up to do so I'll go read a bit. No way I can hope to read everything, but Brynn's napping and Tess is involved so I might as well give it a go!
#266 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 12:39 PM

Hey, that's funny how my DDDDC is still there! My goodness, that's lasted a long time!
#267 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 12:42 PM

Yeah, Pam, we we're not as weird as we thought, eh? :LOL

Just think of that yahoo group as the tip of the iceberg; you know there are tons of people that haven't heard of it (I hadn't) or don't want to subscribe to something so high volume (me again).

You know what's funny about me selling the MT? I don't even own one, yet, and not like we have the funds right now to spring for a genu-ine EllaRoo. So when we got the box last night, DH & I were so bummed, because we just wanted to take everything out and play with it. "But no!" DH kept saying. "Then you won't be able to say it's New-In-Package!" He's funny. But he's excited about selling baby carriers, too. I hope it works, and that all of a sudden people don't STOP asking about my carriers when I'm out on the usual errands.

Hey, is Heidi getting wet, does anybody know?

150 mile commutes, Michelle? That's sad.

Oh-oh. Somebody's already unhappy. And I haven't cracked open my work yet. Ooops.
#268 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 12:49 PM

Joyce, just keep the box in the car, you'll sell them on the street!

Yah no kidding on the tip of the iceberg thing. There is an NIH (natural infant hygene) list that is ON TOPIC only, very low volume. Then there is teh EC list of 1200+ people that is HIGH volume. You can go off topic, but usually they link back to EC somehow, like food allergies causing pee misses and wet nights and more.

I use my gmail box for the EC mail because it sorts it into threads for me, so once every few days I delete all the threads I don't want to read (newborns, 16 month olds, all the intros, most of the OT stuff) and then go back and scan the stuff that's left and sometimes read, sometimes not, unless a topic is really interesting. THey are good about changing the subject line when a thread shifts somewhere else too, so you don't miss the cool subs that pop up. And then sometimes, like this week, I have 100 unread threads and I'll just go delete them all w/o looking so I can clean up my box. Gmail is good for this - huge storage limit on mail, so I don't feel bad leaving them pile up.

#269 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 01:33 PM

Quote:
If I had a dollar for everytime I said "one of the mamas on my internet group..."

Nana called this morning: Evelyn had a bad fall. She fell with her back on the floor and head in the dish of the exersaucer, so her neck hit first on the rim of the exersaucer. (Evil thing!) Of course Evelyn was very upset, and Nana was worried about neck injury. Evelyn kept her head resting in one place on Nana's shoulder for a long time. Anyway, I told her to call our friendly neighborhood chiropractor. She did, and is taking Evelyn in now. Nana sounded much calmer when she called back to tell me that. I'm sure Dr. Norton will take care of her. But I wasn't there to comfort my baby when she had her first serious hurt!

Karen, very sad about Noam. I hope he gets better today.

Great work on the other thread, Janulicious Posse. That "chemicals for chemical people" chick was way out of line.
#270 of 660 Old 08-26-2005, 01:40 PM

Oh, poor sweet Evelyn! And poor Jessi and Nana, too! I'll be thinking of her today.

Sending a virtual to help make it feel better . . .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page