Funniest/worst topic you've seen on other parenting boards - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 09-27-2005, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a huggies.ca forum....I don't recommend those for anyone...just a bunch of nasty know it alls

Vanessa belly.gif, wife to Kev , mama to Byron (5) wild.gif and Billie (2) and  due in June
#62 of 65 Old 09-27-2005, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judesmama
We got a bumbo for ds when he was about 4 months old. I had no idea these were considered mainstream . I saw one on a website and thought it was cute. Ds actually really liked it. We set it on the kitchen table (we were right by him at all times, of course) so that he could be at our level while we ate dinner. It was also very handy to take to restaurants after he had grown out of his infant car seat carrier and before he could sit up well enough to be in a high chair. We by no means kept him in that thing for very long - just long enough for us to eat. We haven't used it at all for a couple months. There's been no need for it ever since he could sit up well on his own and use a high chair.

Anyway. Just offering a different point of view on the bumbo thing. Sorry to take this thread a little OT. I can't offer any response to the OP since I don't frequent any mainstream boards. I would get too annoyed and mad if I did, especially after what I've read on here. Getting the stupid Baby Talk magazine in the mail once a month is about all I can take of mainstream parenting.
hehehe i just looked at the website & i can think of a few good uses for that thing..... Hey Rachel, wanna sell me yours?? Or trade?? I have a list off goodies FSOT
#63 of 65 Old 09-27-2005, 11:12 PM

Quote:
The first hit I got was horrible! It was some mainstream site (I don't even remember which one) and there was a thread about c-sections vs. vaginal birth. The first post I hit was a woman raving about how "all the other mothers (eg. the vaginal birthing moms) on the maternity ward were in bed and in so much pain that they could hardly move, but I just hopped out of bed the next morning and had a shower. It was a piece of cake. I'd recommend a c-section to anybody and I'm definitely having my next baby that way."
You've got to be kidding me. Anyone that says that a c-section is a piece of cake is flat out lying. Sure, I was out of bed and having a shower the day after my c-section, but it certainly wasn't enjoyable. And I spent nearly 2 months not being able to bend over, or even get out of bed without pain. After my vaginal birth, I was out of bed to have a shower the first time the baby fell asleep. The repeat c-section mamma beside me, who had her baby on the same day, didn't get out of bed the entire time I was in the hospital. :P

Ugh, on that topic, there are the mainstream moms who talk about having a repeat c-section because it's so much EASIER than a vaginal birth. One woman argued that sure, the emergency c-section was hard, but the second one was scheduled, so she didn't have the pain of labour and had all the drugs she wanted afterwards. Hello? It's still major surgery!
#64 of 65 Old 09-27-2005, 11:54 PM

I wish I were kidding. I couldn't believe my eyes...and I was desperate. Nobody I knew offline could really offer any understanding and I really thought I'd find it on the net, which I did - just not at that site.

My second was scheduled, with no labour - supposedly the easiest way to do it. NEVER AGAIN! That was absolutely horrible. DD wasn't ready to meet the world, and I've always wondered if that had anything to do with her hours of crying every night for the next two months. If I have another baby and it's a c-section again, there's no way I'm having the section before I go into labour.

I was out of bed within 24 hours with each of them, at least to use the bathroom. I'd endure a lot of pain to get rid of that freaking catheter!! But, I certainly was in a lot of pain, and it took a long time to go away. I really wonder about that woman sometimes...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#65 of 65 Old 09-28-2005, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathan
I hate to say it, but I agree!
I have most definitely seen nastier comments here than on my "mainstream" mommy group, but then it's not a board; it's a yahoo group...and over time, it has developed its own (highly supportive) personality. Because we politically span the entire spectrum, we tend to avoid conversations that are specifically related...also religion. Ironically, there's one other gal on the group who'd planned a homebirth, and who's fairly crunchy (more than me, that's for sure)...but we sit on opposite sides of the political spectrum. Again, we've all had 1-1/2+ years to get to know each other, so that helps a great deal. Frankly, if we all lived in the same city, there are only a few I'd likely hang with, but online...it's all good.

Where I see issues on MDC is when someone gets up onto the "my position is right, and it's right for EVERYONE" podium. That's when it becomes annoying, and sometimes even offensive. Yes, there is such a thing as right and wrong...but taking that to extremes is a bit naive. Have a second child (one poster I'm thinking of only had one kid...or maybe was even just expecting her first?), and see how differently you have to parent the one from the other. Then we can talk!

Rambling on...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page