Mothering Forum banner

-¤§¤- december 2004 -¤§¤- 3rd sept thread -¤§¤-

2K views 68 replies 17 participants last post by  nannymom 
#1 ·
Looked like it was about time for a new thread

c&p from thread #2 for anyone interested...

for those interested in a swap...
how does oct 1 sound for a deadline for when to sign up? that leaves at least a month to get your package together.

would you like it to be a secret swap where you don't know who's sending to you? or would you prefer like last time where we were paired off? or to know who's sending but they're not the one you're sending to? i'm open to any ideas...

what should be the price limit/value of package?

lastly, pm me the following info:

anything in particular you need/want?
anything you absolutely don't need/want?
anything you can make or would like to gift?
anything else you need your swap buddy to know?

anything i forgot? we can exchange addresses later.

See less See more
#3 ·
Holy crap, Angela! I never saw that!!! Thank you, that was really sweet.
I'm sorry that I never showed up, geez. That's embarrassing.

You and one of my other favorite people were the only partiers, too.
Damn.

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessviola
for those interested in a swap...
how does oct 1 sound for a deadline for when to sign up? that leaves at least a month to get your package together.
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
would you like it to be a secret swap where you don't know who's sending to you? or would you prefer like last time where we were paired off? or to know who's sending but they're not the one you're sending to? i'm open to any ideas...
I'm going to take a stab and say that only half of the last group was paired off. I think when I did the last matches, I didn't pair them both ways.
Maybe I did.
Who knows.

Quote:
what should be the price limit/value of package?
$25? I don't even know what is reasonable.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by my~hearts~light
By the way, I threw past vne a senior party a while back and she never showed up. It was great fun.
:LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL

Oh well, we won't tell any of the partiers at the more recent one!

So what about Nannymom? I think I'll go throw her one now just in case. I like throwing parties (especially the kind I don't have to clean up afterwards!)

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Past_VNE
I'm going to take a stab and say that only half of the last group was paired off. I think when I did the last matches, I didn't pair them both ways.
Maybe I did.
Who knows.

ah, oops! i know me and my buddy had each other so i just assumed everyone was :LOL

but in any case, would you rather know or not?

#13 ·
I don't know! I have never participated in a swap, for 2 reasons: lack of money, and fear that my person will not like my present.

So I asked DP, who has done these before. He says he likes it best when you're not paired off, and you don't know who is sending to you. So I'll go with that.

#15 ·
For the swap, I think it would be fun if we knew what everyone was making, but not who it was going too until the package came. $25 sounds good and homemade is great if possible. No pairing to make it easier to plan for you Jess.

The way I post I think I will win the who took longest to reach 1000 post award!

Our weekend was good, nice service for my Mom's boyfriend and nice to see all the people from my hometown. I was exhausted but DD and DS did great and we had a relaxing weekend at my sister's.

On weight, I am below my preprego weight by a few pounds, but still have a gut and butt to loose!

Robin

#16 ·
I didn't even know about senior parties! And don't feel bad about missing yours, Jaclyn... I don't venture out of "our group" very often, so if anyone posted something for me in another forum, I'd probably never see it either. In fact, I'm not very MDC literate at all. When you guys talk about "subscribing", I'm not sure what that's all about...

And Eruditia, you are definitely a part of the group!!! There are lots of names that I wonder about, and when I see one from our pregnancy days I'm so happy to hear from them. I'm sorry that things are going so crappy right now. I know how you must feel about the babysitting situation... we are quite protective of our kids and were even more so with #1.
s

#17 ·
ok, so from what you've all said so far, we'll do secret buddies, but i'll try to pair everybody based on needs/wants. $25 including shipping sounds like a reasonable price range or the equivalent in handmade goods and/or services if appropriate. should i start a separate thread for this so we don't clog the normal monthly thread or will that make it tougher to follow?

#24 ·
kerri!

i noticed the birthdays of your babies and can't help being curious as to how you ended up with so many so close together? that must be really neat (and a ton of work!) please forgive me if i'm being rude or making you uncomfortable, i'm just honestly intrigued.

#26 ·
I can't access the swap thread

It says that I don't have permission to access the page. Actually, I get that a lot. Since I'm fairly new to MDC, can someone help me out? Why is this happening? TIA!

Welcome, Kerri and Shelley!

Kerri, I am also curious about your dc's birthdays. We're thinking about adding another dc as soon as nature allows. How is it working out for your family with three little ones so close in age?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.