Radiators.....help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-09-2005, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We currently are renting an apartment with radiators and my son is 9 months old and is crawling and pulling up. What can I do to keep him safe? Are there barriers that you can buy? We will be moving in the spring, so we don't want to spend a ton of money and can't really do anything permenant since we are renting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2005, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memom
We currently are renting an apartment with radiators and my son is 9 months old and is crawling and pulling up. What can I do to keep him safe? Are there barriers that you can buy? We will be moving in the spring, so we don't want to spend a ton of money and can't really do anything permenant since we are renting?

There are radiator covers that you can buy-where, I don't know. Your best bet it to do an online search. Have you spoken with your landlord-would they purchase & install? Most of the covers I've seen are not permanent, so you can take them with you if you move.

Check eBay for home radiator covers-you should be able to find something there.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:23 PM

We had this problem with dd, and will have this problem with ds soon. We put things in front of the radiators, like the toybox (it's very deep from front to back), an end table, one of the chairs. The main problem we have is with the actual pipe that goes up from the floor...it's next to two of our radiators. The pipes get VERY hot. We just use this spongy padding stuff that you can wrap around it--from Home Depot. Good luck!
...but if it's any consolation, my friend's ds got a bad burn from a baseboard heater -- radiators are not the only non-child-friendly heating system.
Go for the covers. That's the best solution.

User Tag List