Undescended testicle? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-24-2005, 02:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not sure if this is the right place to post.............My 3 month old has an undescended testicle. Our ped send us for a u/s to make sure that he had another testicle, which he does. She said that if, by the time he is 5, the testicle has not come down, that it would require surgery. Does anyone have any experience with this? Could it still possibly come down, or is it most likely not going to since it hasn't already?
#2 of 7 Old 10-24-2005, 02:43 AM

Does it come down when he is warm? If so don't worry.

I always thought it was if it didn't come down by the first birthday.

Did a quick search and it said if surgery isn't done by age 3 there could be perminant damage.

I think I would be going to a pedatric urologist.

I would get my son surgery for undecended testical/s because of testicular cancer. He cannot do self check if they are in side of him.
#3 of 7 Old 10-24-2005, 10:36 AM

We had the same problem. They sent us for u/s, which showed the testicle being able to float back & forth, which meant the tube wasn't "sealed" (which would mean the teste would be trapped up there and not be able to come down itself). That would require surgery (which we would've done at a much later age). His teste in question would float back & forth, though, and now it has seemed to stay down there, so it's a "wait & see" thing. It seems to be very common, so try not to stress
nak
#4 of 7 Old 10-24-2005, 11:59 AM

My husband was born with an undescended testicle. They waited until he was 4ish to do the surgery, and unfortunatly there were complications with the blood supply & that testicle didn't make it. His other one is larger to compensate & we have two kids to prove it doesn't mean he can't have kids, LOL.

If our son was born with this problem, I know my husband would want it addressed as soon as possible to prevent the problems he's had. Having only 1 has impacted his life, not hugely, but still. Best of wishes to you!
#5 of 7 Old 10-24-2005, 12:08 PM

I would cross post this in "the case against Circumcision" board...They know ALOT over there about these things
#6 of 7 Old 10-24-2005, 05:24 PM

I would deffinitly get a second opinion. I know it should be sooner than 5 to do the operation. I think it is by age 1. My first had an undecsended testicle and had the operation at around 6 months old. It was causing him discomfort. It DID come down when he was warm. Get another dr to look at it and ask for his recomendation on it. Best of luck.
#7 of 7 Old 10-24-2005, 05:44 PM

I know my nephew had surgery for this before he was 1. I'm sorry I don't know anything more about it.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page