<< November Chat for August '05 mamas >> - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay!! It's Turkey month and our babies are getting bigger every minute. Glad I have you mamas to share it with.

Here's a new thread for our chat.
#2 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 12:11 PM

I've got alot to be thankful for this year - I'm hoping that i can include being yeast free and having a baby that wants to nurse!
#3 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 12:18 PM

All's well here! Tried to have a candy free Halloween, but my son won the drawing for a bucket full of candy from a local merchant where we live. : He won last year too, sigh.

Things are so much better this month. Johnathan's fussiness has diminished greatly. His crying can be measured in minutes rather than hours, so he must be feeling better.

Have our appt today to find out about Johnathan's new lump, I hope it's nothing to worry about.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#4 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 01:41 PM

Hey all...I've been off MDC for a few days...you can read why here: sick baby

The good news is that my pipsqueak, who was 4lbs 11oz at birth, is now 9lbs 15oz! Wow!!!!! Now I just have to get her healthy.

I'm exhausted, and sick myself, and am back at work to boot. Tomorrow is a telecommute day, thank goodness. I want to snuggle my baby all day!

How's everyone else? Is anyone else making Halloween candy into its own food group today?
#5 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 04:40 PM

no time to chat right now, but hopping on to subscribe

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
#6 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 05:04 PM

All--

Thank you so much for your support. It's truly been a hard past, oh, 10 weeks and I do not know how I would have gotten through it with you guys helping me out with ideas and solutions.

The babe now weighs 8 lb 12 oz!! She's gained about 1 oz per day for the past 20 or so days and we continue to decrease supplement every few days.

The LC said taking domperidone might be a good idea, so I might take up another MDC member's offer for an extra box she has. MDC is great! The LC also taught me how to nurse in the OTSBH!! What a life improvement THAT is.

Fiddledebi--How goes it with telecommuting and being home with baby? Do you have help during the day while you work from home?

As most of you know, I'm doing the same thing as debi. I'm curious how other mamas do it. Today was glorious. She nursed/slept/nursed/slept and has now been in the sling for 2-3 hours so I've accomplished quite a bit today!!
#7 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 05:37 PM

Debi - I'm reliving the horrors of ear infections reading your post. It turned out my dd1 had a dairy allergy that caused hers. If you want some BTDT info, PM me. BTW - way to go for being so persistent!

We had a blast last night and Lily was a terrifying devil. I'll post pics soon. Dh makes the sexiest vampire! Me and babe were a farmer and a pea pod.

Annabelle is really thriving. The past two weeks I notice she prefers to be laying in her bouncy chair or on the floor on a blanket, but not held so much. Wow, that's interesting. A bit hard to realize the when she's fussing in my arms, all I have to do is put her down to keep her happy Oh well. The princess gets what the princess wants!

We're going to be introducing a bottle soon. Dh and I really want to go to his company holiday party December 10th (and maybe on regular dates) and I have a very available sitter in my sister who LOVES the girls. So, this month we will be working on bottle feeding. kellymom has some great info. Anything anyone can add from their own experience? Lily never would take a bottle....

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#8 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 05:38 PM

Hi everyone and happy November! My older DD turns three years old later this month....it's really hard to believe. It goes REALLY fast (the years fly but some days drag on forever, as someone once said).

Zoe would have nothing to do with her chili pepper costume. I might try again in a couple of months just for kicks.

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
#9 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 05:41 PM

fiddledebi and henhao.... for you Mama's... you're doing wonderful! We're always here with support...

I don't have time to update now.... just wanted to send these Mamas a hug...

Will be back with update later!

Becca ~Mama to 3 (DD - 1/3/02) (DD - 2/16/04) (DS - 8/11/05)
#10 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 05:52 PM

hope all are well
#11 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 05:58 PM

Hey gang, I have so much good news! I finally found a good doctor for Clara Justice! He's a FP who's flexible on the vax issue and trained in homeopathy and herbal remedies. His wife is a homeopath and nutritionist, so even though he's an MD, he's very wholistic in his approach. This is a huge relief for me b/c I felt really preassured into getting C her first round of shots. The new doc is asking me how I think she's doing! What a breath of fresh air--a doctor who sees me as the expert on my child! Also, she's up to 12 lbs, 10oz, a big improvement on her birthweight of 3.15 (and she went down to 3 1/2 ) She'll be 5 mos. next week-hard to believe I only have a few more months of exclusively BFing. As Carrie said, so much to be thankful for!
#12 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmama
The past two weeks I notice she prefers to be laying in her bouncy chair or on the floor on a blanket, but not held so much. Wow, that's interesting. A bit hard to realize the when she's fussing in my arms, all I have to do is put her down to keep her happy Oh well. The princess gets what the princess wants!
I was wondering about that too. It's a weird experience for me to set him down and have him stop crying and be more content. He loves to just lay on the blanket and be entertained from a distance.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#13 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 06:43 PM

I went and saw my new nephew yesterday. Grey is literally twice as big as him! It was such a difference.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#14 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 06:48 PM

heldt123 - I hope the appointment brings good news.

Debi - Go Mama! Way to advocate for your sweet kiddo. I agree, we are their advocates - I take that job very seriously and woe to the fool who crosses this Mama bear.

Deb - Yay for weight gain and decreasing supplementation! I love nursing in the sling, too.

Kiernen continues to be a very much needing Mama and only Mama lately - I suspect teething because he has no symptoms other than a few green stools, and Kellymom says can be a result of excessive saliva from teething. Also talking to other Mamas this isn't uncommon at his age. He is asleep on me right now

Apparently he is starting to get ticklish, too, because sometimes when I gently stroke his neck or belly I get laughter. Oh, the sweetest sound!

He loves looking us straight in the eye and having conversations with us (DH and I). If he isn't looking into our faces and he happens to catch our eye and make eye contact, he breaks out in the biggest smiles. We are finding more and more things to make him laugh lately.

When we're nursing he always reaches up and holds my hand - finger or thumb usually, but sometimes just hand. If I think he is starting to fall asleep and I try and pull away, his grip becomes tighter and my heart melts like ice cream on a hot sidewalk. I also love the little noises he makes sometimes when he nurses.

When we're asleep at night and he is all swaddled up, he'll turn towards me (eyes closed) and sort of grunt softly to be nursed. I'll nurse him sidelying while DH checks and/or changes his diaper and he'll fall right back to sleep. We have a wonderful assembly line going. But if for any reason his eyes open - and this is new - he will not be nursed back to sleep lying on the bed - he wants to be held and nursed.

I have had many hours lately sitting up in bed, a pillow in my lap to prop him up, nursing him to sleep in the wee hours of the morning. My back is killing me - thank goodness I am seeing a chiro regularly.

Kier has been waking about every hour at night lately, then getting up for the day earlier than usual as well. Of course he still sleeps constantly throughout the day, but once I'm up out of bed, I'm up out of bed. Having even less sleep than usual in only less than an hour increments is really taking its toll. I hope this isn't a long phase.

Also? My hair has been falling out. I can only guess that it is due to stress, but I have no idea what to do about it - any ideas?

Kiernen is in 3-6 month clothing but can also wear 6-9 month. He has officially graduated to medium cloth dipes (we use CPFs with BSWWs) - they are huge on him but I imagine not for long - he still continues to grow so quickly!

He remains disinterested in toys other than his little bugs that hang on his pumpkin seat - those he loves. His bugs and hands are what fascinates him - oh, and lights. Always with the lights. We have so many super cool toys for him when he does take an interest.

Wow, this got to be longer than I intended. Hope no one fell asleep reading!
#15 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn
When we're nursing he always reaches up and holds my hand - finger or thumb usually, but sometimes just hand. If I think he is starting to fall asleep and I try and pull away, his grip becomes tighter and my heart melts like ice cream on a hot sidewalk. I also love the little noises he makes sometimes when he nurses.
Sammi does this too -- and it is indeed the sweetest thing ever. She also likes to hold my fingers when we walk around with her in the sling or Snugli (off-topic -- I can't believe I'm using anything other than a sling for babywearing, but boy, she likes the Snugli a LOT!).

Quote:
Also? My hair has been falling out. I can only guess that it is due to stress, but I have no idea what to do about it - any ideas?
It's from nursing. It happened to me with DD1 and it's already happening with Sammi, too. It got pretty dramatic and my hairdresser had to get creative last time. We'll see if it's that bad again. It will grow back when Kier is nursing less. For now, beware the hair wrapped around his fingers and toes!

Quote:
Kiernen is in 3-6 month clothing but can also wear 6-9 month. He has officially graduated to medium cloth dipes (we use CPFs with BSWWs) - they are huge on him but I imagine not for long - he still continues to grow so quickly!
Ha! Sammi just started wearing 0-3 stuff, the little peanut. I can't wait for her to grow into 3-6 clothes, since her big sister was wearing that size in the fall/winter and I have some hand-me-downs for her. Seeing my second baby in clothes I remember loving on her big sister is so neat! I can't wait to compare the pictures!

Thanks to everyone who is cheering me on with regard to our recent health battles. Sammi seems much better today -- sleeping a LOT, but smiling when she's awake. I hope she's really on the mend.

Deborah, regarding telecommuting, I think it can be done solo with just one baby, but with a toddler, it gets really challenging. I was doing it solo with DD1 until DD2 came along, but now I've hired our sitter to come for 4 hours a day on the days I telecommute -- two kids AND work would be impossible. I can still eat breakfast and lunch with the kids, and nurse DD2 whenever I need to, but get uninterrupted work time otherwise. The rest of the work can be done in early morning or in the periphery of the rest of the day. My goal, though, is to ask my boss in the next few weeks to go part time from now on, so that those days I am home are totally dedicated to the kids. To be honest, if she says no, I'll probably quit and try to find something else part time. DH got a raise and we don't absolutely need me to work (though it is nice). I just want to take the time to take DD1 for fun activities, get to know DD2, and adjust the pace of our life a bit. We'll see how it goes.

to everyone -- hope all is well!
#16 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Sneaking a couple minutes of two-handed typing while my chubber wubber snoozes. Should be reading articles. (someone asked how to get work done at home? um, look and what I'm doing and do the opposite! seriously, dh and I had a serious talk about needing to get more efficient. Today was a good start--I even took ds to class for 15 minutes because we had a scheduling overlap, and he did marvelously.

Kate, we're having great success with the bottlefeeding. I HIGHLY recommend the Playtex "Natural Latch" bottles with disposable drop-in liners. I was initially dubious about using disposables, but did a 180 when I found out that the clear, hard plastic in most bottles (Dr. Brown's, Avent, etc), is majorly nasty and contains hormone disruptors. (CHEC has a big section about it on their website, and the last Mothering had a one-pager about safer plastics. They did NOT, however, point out that most baby bottles are on the no-no list, probably because they don't want to encourage bottle feeding) The drop-in liners are #4, one of the safest plastics. The opaque Medela bottles are also okay. The Playtex also has a separate milk pump attachment and storage lids so you can store the milk in the liners. The nipple is great for BFing. (No, I swear I'm not a paid representative of Playtex. It's just a really clever system.)

Anyway, dh gives Jonas one bottle a day. Dh lets him play with the nipple until he sucks it all the way in and gets serious about slurping down. It helps if he squishes the liner up so that there's no air at all in the liner, just milk. It's a bit of a messy process, but ds has had absolutely no nipple confusion, and is laid back about taking the bottle.

And Jonas has started the deep belly laughs this week, as well as opening his hands and trying to grab things. He's such a smiley, happy guy.
#17 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 09:10 PM

Hey everybody!
Here is a Halloween pic of Emmett as a pea and Coltrane as a cow.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoVie...vfolderid=2005

- Kerri
#18 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 09:48 PM

When I tried to open it it said album not found. Is it just me?

Here's Kiernen, our little pumpkin:

Punkin
#19 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabigus
Kate, we're having great success with the bottlefeeding. I HIGHLY recommend the Playtex "Natural Latch" bottles with disposable drop-in liners. I was initially dubious about using disposables, but did a 180 when I found out that the clear, hard plastic in most bottles (Dr. Brown's, Avent, etc), is majorly nasty and contains hormone disruptors. (CHEC has a big section about it on their website, and the last Mothering had a one-pager about safer plastics. They did NOT, however, point out that most baby bottles are on the no-no list, probably because they don't want to encourage bottle feeding) The drop-in liners are #4, one of the safest plastics. The opaque Medela bottles are also okay. The Playtex also has a separate milk pump attachment and storage lids so you can store the milk in the liners. The nipple is great for BFing. (No, I swear I'm not a paid representative of Playtex. It's just a really clever system.)
Thanks, Nancy!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#20 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 11:05 PM

Wow! Great info on the bottles, I will look into that more. Thanks for sharing!

held -hoping you get good news at your appointment

Nancy - our little ones are the same age, ds1 will be 3 at the end of the month

chasmyn - we are in the medium bummis also. what size prefold do you use? infants are starting to seem a bit small for him but the premiums are overwhelming. today was one of the last days for our 3-6 month outfits. another person today asked me if I was worried he would be obese. He is 9 weeks old! And at this point exclusively breastmilk fed! obesity :

fiddledebi - your post about seeing dc2 in hand me downs from older sibling made me smile. I love seeing this on my boys and telling older brother all about when he wore said outfit.

Halloween was fun but our pics didn't come out well. Ds1 was a dinosaur and I went as a nursing mama! One lady came up to me and asked if the baby was a prop and as she came closer, quickly realized he was eating. "Nope! That is the real deal."

So this is officially my first night back at work. The boys are home with dad and I've called 5 times. Dh got a good chuckle on the 5th call in 4 hours. Came back to a bit of a raise and that was a nice surprise. I have a lot of flexibilty for the next few months and it makes it easier.
#21 of 326 Old 11-01-2005, 11:07 PM

Happy November, all!

Jamie - keep us posted on Johnathan's lump. Sending you happy thoughts.

Deborah and fiddledebi - 8 and 9 pounds!!!!! Good job, mamas!!!

Caren - so glad about a good FP. It is good to be recognized as the expert you are!

We, too, have to introduce a bottle this month. I might have to go back to work much, much sooner than I thought -- we thought I was going to be able to stay home FT this first year, but got our first home heating bill this winter for the old government house we're in...translated = practically no insulation because it isn't "historically accurate" to put freaking storm windows on a house that sits on Lake Superior!!!

((deep breath//I hate stupid government policies))

Anyway, we tried a bottle for the first time since the Haberman Feeder our first week...and it didn't go so well. I also like the playtex nurser system with the drop-ins. So we'll see how it goes! Trying to be optimistic about this one.

Oh, and I'm also losing hair like crazy! I think my silly son is gaining it!

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#22 of 326 Old 11-02-2005, 12:50 AM

Leila is 3 months and 4 days.. and lookie what she can do
http://www.mindspring.com/~lc-pilche...ng3mo4days.jpg

Darn child rolled over twice last week, but when I asked her to stop doing it, she laughed and hasn't repeated it.. won't hold toys, isn't reaching for toys.. but she can sit in a tripod sit for over a minute at a time, and thinks it's awfully funny.
#23 of 326 Old 11-02-2005, 01:36 AM

Hi everyone, wow, babie trying to sit up and reach for toys? We are waaay behind you, though doing fine I guess! Nathanael is finally getting close to 8 lbs. Significant gain as he had lost down to 5 lbs 10 oz by almost month 2. He's becoming more alert and looks me right in the eye. He also holds my finger while nursing. I love it, it's so special. I still supplement. I had some sort of tummy bug one weekend, I was so sick and so I did more supplements than bf and he had way less fussing/crying/gas episodes. He tends to really like it too and I'm just happy that he feeds. He doesn't nurse right yet and I don't sweat it. I just go with the "flow' so to speak.

The big news? I'm going to be a grandma!!! OH lordy. My stepdaughter is pregnant (not married..in a mess..). I don't know whether to laugh or cry !!!
The good news for me is I have a place to send my baby stuff once I don't need them any longer.

I guess that's all! Sorry not to be keeping up in here. I"ve been involved on a down syndrome forum I found.

There's a "Mighty Quinn" in there too...I get SO confused.

OH about hair loss? It's usually a hormonal shift thing. I go through it after having kids too.

Have a good one! Kitty
#24 of 326 Old 11-02-2005, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Mamas...

Kitty: don't worry...we're no where near sitting up or reaching for toys! Owen holds my fingers but he still sucks at tummy time even. He HATES it. The doctor told me we needed more too.

He loves looking at toys and his mobile and light fixtures, but he hasn't reached for anything.

My baby is a grumper!!! Do your babies howl when they first wake up? Lordy...you'd think his toe was on fire or something. He must be a very hungry baby when he wakes, I guess.

I'm kind of at a loss of what to do with the baby this week. He is not ready for toys and games, but is getting interested in seeing and learning more. He cries if we're not moving around the house, but hates the car seat when we try to go out. It was also pouring rain here today.

Other than trying to get dressed before noon and household chores, what do you guys do with your babies all day? Are you doing little songs and games yet?

Here's a recent picture of Owen's smile.

Debbie--glad you stuck to your guns! I'm very proud of you! The medical system in this country is so screwed up!!!!!

Enough from me...take care!!

--Adrienne
#25 of 326 Old 11-02-2005, 01:05 PM

Hi everyone!

About intro'ing a bottle -- keep trying! I think the Sears book suggests starting between 4 and 7 weeks, but i have no idea why that's the "magic time". We tried at 5 weeks and it was a disaster -- nipple flow was way too fast and there was lots of choking. Tried again a week later and everything went fine. Zoe takes a bottle maybe once a week, when I am out with DD1 or when both DDs and DH go off to playgroup.

Adrienne....I was just saying to DH this morning that i think Zoe must have been switched at birth, because she is SO HAPPY in the morning (and none of the rest of us are). She opens her eyes, looks at me, gives me a HUGE grin and sometimes laughs! It's a great way to wake up but quite a change from DD1 (you knew she was awake b/c she started crying).

Oh - and I would not worry too much about the tummy time. DD1 hated tummy time and we hardly ever did it with her. She does not seem scarred by that -- and she crawled and walked just fine (at 8 and 12 months, I think).

Kitty...should I congratulate you on your impending grandmahood??? I know someone who is going through the same thing - he and his wife were talking about having a baby (they have 6 kids but it's a "blended" family and none of the kids resulted from both of them, if that makes any sense) -- and while they were considering it (they're both mid-40s), their teenage son became a dad (not on purpose). I think they've since put the kibosh on trying for a 7th kid.

Zoe does want movement now. She still loves her mobile (infant stim-mobile -- she is absolutely fascinated by it!) and will sit in her bouncy seat and watch us do stuff. But if she's not sleepy you can't hold still (unless you are near a ceiling fan, which she also loves looking at).

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
#26 of 326 Old 11-02-2005, 01:18 PM

grrrr...I had my post all ready and went to go advanced to add a smiley I couldn't remember the code for and it made me log in again and I lost it.... :

Anyway, Johnathan is fine. The lump is a hydrocele, supposedly common and will go away on its own. Poor guy! Now he has two quirky lumps, but at least the belly button one is getting a bit smaller.
http://www.medem.com/MedLB/article_d...DC&sub_cat=108

Kitty - congrats on your news! Hope your step daughter and baby are well! I always wanted my mom to have a baby the same time as me, but they didn't want anymore kids.

Cute pics everyone! I haven't been able to get any smile pics yet because he gets too intent upon looking at the camera that he quits smiling.

They don't let you put up storm windows on Lake Superior?? Brrrrrrrr! Our poor house has almost no insulation either, it's like huh? This is Minnesota ding dongs! We'd have to tear out all the plaster walls that have lead paint undernieth to add insulation, yeah, that's going to happen. I don't know what we are going to do this winter if gas goes as high as they say it's going to...

Neither of my boys will/or would take a bottle. I've earnestly been trying too, with no luck. We had to go to a dinner here a week ago and I left milk for him, but he waited patiently for me to get home so he could have a boob (I went home early and let MIL give him a pacifier). I had to go to the dentist a while back too and he did the same thing. Makes me feel like pumping is a big waste of time. I might just end up making bm yogurt or something....anyone try that as a first solid?

#27 of 326 Old 11-02-2005, 02:05 PM

About hair...My hair is falling out some too. I think it's normal postpartum.

Kate re: bottles; The LC I've been talking with recommends the Avent slow flow nippes and bottles. We introduced them at about 6 weeks and used them with no problem.

I am counting down the days until I don't have to bf anymore. I love the closeness and how happy she looks while she nurses. I'm not so thrilled about her eating formula made from corn syrup and look forward to when she can eat real food that is healthy.

Debi--Thanks for the thoughts on WAHMing. We'll look around for sitters.

OKay gotta dash...
#28 of 326 Old 11-02-2005, 02:44 PM

Hello All! We're doing pretty well here - it's hard to believe that some of our babies are already 3 months old! DS2 is a happy guy, mostly smiles when he's awake.

I hear ya on the weirdness of him being happy when put down. DS1 was the original velcro kid - didn't sleep not laying on me until he was 4.5 months old! DS2 loves the bouncy seat or laying next to us on the bed or couch. In fact our morning routine is going great because of it - dh gets up w/ds2 and showers while he sits in the bouncy seat and coos. Ds1 and I have gunk (nurse) until dh is done in the bathroom and then I go in and ds2 is STILL happy in the seat! Ds1 hated the boubcy seat, the swing, the sling, the car (well ds2 isn't too fond of it either) everything but my arms. It's just such a change.

We had a great Halloween, went to Boo at the Zoo on Sunday, had a party w/our "nursing buddies" on Monday and ds1 loved handing out candy to all the kids. He'd yell "Happy! Happy!" at them. And if they didn't say thank you, he'd yell that at them too! It was funny. VIsited w/mil, sil, bil & nephews and came home to pass out in bed. A fun day!

Here's pictures...
http://efamilyinfo.net/october%5Fgallery/

Funny story about the first trick or treaters we had (and pretty indicative of our house these days;
Ds2 is in the bouncy seat, I'm changing ds1's dipe. He's in a fuzzibunz, I'm going to put him in a pre-fold only I can't find the snappy - oh yeah, it's in the family room. So I tell ds1 to stay there and I rub to get the snappy. The doorbell rings, the dogs go nuts barking, ds2 starts crying. I run back into the front room and I see 2 grown men just about peeing their pants on the sidewalk. I scoop up ds2 and go to the door to see ds1, naked from the waist down, banging on the glass door yelling "Happy! Hi! Happy!" and two horrified little girls holding out their plastic pumpkins for treats. Just another moment of chaos in my day!

Hope everyone's afternoon goes well...here's to long naps and happy babies!
#29 of 326 Old 11-02-2005, 03:11 PM

Fiddle- I'm glad that one of the doctors finally figured out it was an ear infection. I hope your little one is feeling better.

HH- I'm so glad to hear that nursing is going much better for you and that the baby is gaining wt! Yay!

Heidi- Lol, your son won candy again this yr??? Maybe you should ask him to pick #'s to play the lotto with!

Kate- It's so funny that you mentioned your baby likes the floor better. Jonah has also been terribly fussy, but lately he REALLY prefers to be on the playmat. We can actually eat a meal w/o someone having to hold him or hearing him scream. It's been a nice break to be able to put him down, b/c my arms feel like they are going to fall off. The slings have helped, but I can't always sling him for everything, esp since he spits up a LOT! It's so cute to see him batting at his toys, I was starting to think this kid would be glued to my arm forever.

Anguschick- Lol, too funny of a halloween image. I guess it's just the day and life of a mom with kiddos.

Caren- That is so awesome that you found a holistic MD. They are hard to come by, and so nice that they are fine w/ whatever you want to do about vax. I keep thinking we will be looking for a new doctor soon too.

We didn't end up bringing our toddler trick or treating, b/c he had a cold. In fact, I got lazy and didn't take pics of jonah in his halloween outfits either. I think we are going to stage some pics this wknd. Things are slowly getting better for us. Jonah is still a high needs little guy, BUT he's starting to enjoy playing with his toys and he even looks at his older brother with interest now too. As for introducing the bottle. Ugh, I tried sooo hard with my oldest to introduce the bottle, he screamed bloody murder everytime we tried, and I tried all the different ways that ppl suggested. I half heartedly tried a bottle with jonah when he was about 5 wks old and he was not happy with it. I might try again, honestly for me it's more trouble than it's worth. Luckily I am a SAHM, but what stinks is when I go out to grocery shop or run errands w/o the kids and I have to rush back to nurse jonah. It would be nice if he *could* take a bottle for situations like that. DH and I are already trying to figure out how we are going to see the new harry potter movie. It opens on the 18th, and I REALLY want to see it. He says that I should go to the last showing, after jonah is down (he usually sleeps the longest after you put him down at night, like 4-5 hrs), and I think that is going to be my strategy. I used to be such a chicken about going to movies by myself, however now I'm thinking it wouldn't be so bad just to have some time to myself. I may sound nuts, but I went to the dentist for a checkup two wks ago and I was telling the dental hygienist how nice it was to go there and not have to deal with the kids and she just laughed and said a few yrs back when her kids were younger, she felt the same exact way. Anyway, DH and I do not have reliable childcare, so basically if we do anything, either we ALL go together or someone stays home to watch the kids while the other one goes out. I had to admit, I am not really too crazy about the baby period. I mean, yes they are so cute, but I guess I'm more excited about the pre-school age where they can talk, and interact more. My toddler is getting closer to that phase, but still not a big talker, so he does get whiny at times, b/c I think he gets frustrated. The sign language has helped a lot. We got him the signing time dvds and they are WONDERFUL! I am going to order the ones we do not have, in fact there is a co-op here if anyone is interested. I highly recommend it, my toddler took to them very quickly.

OK, jonah's fussing, gotta run!
#30 of 326 Old 11-02-2005, 06:55 PM

great news on the weight gain deborah!

fdebi,i hear you on being your dc's best advocate - i had to practically push adrian's doc to try zantac, and luckily another ped there is much more aggressive. she agrees with me that it is NOT normal for a good nurser to gradually decide not to eat. urgh.

i'm just hoping the zantac helps - he is a bit better but it is still a struggle to get him to eat well, even when asleep.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page