#1 of 151 Old 11-01-2005, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#2 of 151 Old 11-01-2005, 05:51 PM

Trent is 8 weeks old today but will be 2 months on the 6th (never makes sense to me!!) he smiles when i smile and he loves to talk up a storm. i can not believe that he already has such a personality! he weights about 11 lbs and wears 3 month old clothes.

breastfeeding is still a problem. durn nipples just keep going flat. so i am pumping and using a breast shield. he is getting the milk so i am just happy that i am not using formula.

i am so excited to see what is to come this month!!

Getting back into the groove of being groovy!
#3 of 151 Old 11-01-2005, 07:02 PM

Liam's growing so fast! I haven't had him weighed in a while, but I'd guess he's around 14-15lbs. He's been smiling for weeks now, but he's finally starting to do it more often, especially when I talk to him (or my best girlfriend irl. He is definitely a mama's/woman's boy. Unlike ds2 who has always preferred men. lol) He's SOOOO cute! I am still figuring out his food allergies. So far, for sure it's milk, eggs, peauts. I'm still iffy on tomatoes and soy. (don't worry, lots of food allergies in my family. I'm used to this and it's no big deal. It's KILLING me that I can't touch my boys' Halloween candy, though. LOL!) His reflux is also not getting any better and the sleep deprivation is catching up on me. I'm going to talk to his ped about trying meds at his 2 month check up next week. I had made an appointment to go in yesterday, but I had to cancel it cuz I watched my friends 2 kids and it would have been too much to bring 3 other kids to his appt.

I feel kinda bad saying this, but I can't wait till he gets to around 6 mos old. That's my FAVORITE stage! When they are so social and interactive and are just learning so much! I think this stage is kinda boring and way too much work. LOL! I love the 6mos to 2.5 years the best. They're just so much fun in that period, imo. before that, they're too dependent, after that they're too indepedent (i.e. smart mouth. lol) I love every stage, but that's just my favorite.
#4 of 151 Old 11-01-2005, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Jill & Wendy...your babes sound like a nice size. Healthy and doing good!

Meilana is 6 wks, 11 lbs, and growing like a stinking weed! She smiles and is sleeping much better at night. She also seems much more aware of her surroundings.

Well, we had a very eventful weekend! It was Lana's first visit to Nanny and Popop's house (aka the inlaws). They live about 2 and a half hours south of us, so we were anxious to see how she'd do in the car. Well, she did great! She slept about two hours, and when she woke up we pulled over, I fed her, and she slept for the remaining half hour.

Saturday night we attempted to go out to eat at a restaurant for the first time. My SIL got a huge group together (17 people!) to eat, and it was just too much for dd, I think. She screamed as soon as my food came and didn't really stop until we left (except for when I was feeding her). By the way, that was my first real nursing in public experience, and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it is. I just threw a blankie over my shoulder and that was it. Nobody seemed to mind, and it kept dd quiet for a bit, at least. We hung out with friends who have a 10 month old, and wow...is their parenting style different than ours! I bit my tongue quite a few times. She stopped bf'ing at 6mo because apparently ds "pushed her away", but later I found out that she introduced formula at that time and she was the one feeding him and he just liked that better. Why did she do that? Also, they let him CIO for 30 minutes and are still trying to get him to sleep on his own. I was so sad for the poor little guy.

Sunday, we went on a hike in the morning, all refreshed from that extra hour of sleep! We tried to enjoy as much of the weather as possible. It was beautiful and dd loves to be outside and look at the trees!

Ok...nak, gotta run. More later!
#5 of 151 Old 11-01-2005, 08:45 PM

Woohoo! Welcome to November! Allissa got to go Trick or Treating in her new purple OTSBH. About halfway through though Grandma took her back to her house so that her ears wouldn't get cold! The kids got an absurd amount of candy, so Mommy and Daddy will be doing a lot of testing the candy to make sure it is safe. :LOL

I swear I never have time for anything anymore. How did I ever do anything when dd1 was little? I have so many things on my plate with trying to sell a bunch of our clothes on ebay so that I will have a bit of extra $$$ at Christmas time. I have found that ebay is a great resource for toys and activities for autistic kids. So I am shooting for a nice healthy balance in my paypal account!

I am also considering changing the aspects of my online business from cd's to weight blankets/vests/ponchos for ppl with sensory issues. I need to talk to my Mom when she gets back from her Mexican Riviera {sp?} cruise on Sunday and see if she wants to go into business with me. Since she is like a sewing Goddess, I am hoping that she will agree.

Things are going really well here for the most part. Allissa is smiling all the time and really starting to be able to look at ppl when they are talking to her. She likes floor time alot, but I am trying to get good ideas for some toys that she could start playing with soon. I want to stay away from alot of the popular toys, though I will probably break down and buy her one of those activity mats with the toys that hang down from those arch things. You know what I am talking about? But I want her to have some other things that she can have for stimulation that isn't all bright lights and noise.

I gotta run. Gotta put clothes in the dryer. Take care everyone and I will try to check back in soon.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#6 of 151 Old 11-01-2005, 11:19 PM

Whoohoo, I found everyone! I've been so busy/distracted, didn't know we moved to life with a babe.

Every is 9 weeks old today and such a little virgo! He's flirty, has this neatness tendency already(we're ECing, and now he gets MAD if he needs to pee and there's a diaper on him...and FURIOUS if he actually sits in a wet diaper), gets bored pretty easily, is "talking" up a storm, and SUCH a little wiggle worm!!! I can already see the future...this little guy is going to have me on my toes at all times..

Okay..now, I need HELP. Being the king and queen of moving, DP and I are ONCE AGAIN moving, only to move back to Guam a month later. Good thing we don't have that much stuff this time. So here's the deal: DP is driving 9 hours to new location tomorrow, with all necessary stuff. I will be flying next Wed. with Every. Sooo...I'm trying to think of how to do this. Every is CD'd, so those will take up a lot of space, unless I give them to DP to take and just use disposables for a week. Every's clothes, my clothes, diapers, car seat, lap top (unless I drag my butt to the library for a week), .... I will be traveling by myself, baby on lap (only an hour long flight). Will have MIL drive me to the airport, she can help check in the one luggage. What do I do with the carseat? I need it to get to the airport, but can you stow it as carryon on the airplane? I don't really want to lug it, but don't see much of a choice. any tips?

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#7 of 151 Old 11-01-2005, 11:32 PM

avram is doing well. i am sure he is about 14-15 lbs. he is also a chatty little guy and looooves his daddy. it is so funny! i mean i like it lots but i never expected that a baby would love his dad so much. that sounds strange i know so i hope you know what i mean.

i am worrying about sleep. i know i shouldnt but my dd was such a lousy sleeper for sooooooo long that i am hoping to somehow prevent it this time. even though i swear 99.9 % of it is temperment. i guess i am trying to control the other .1%. he does not seem to be awake very long even now. i think that is normal. he gets real fussy if he is awake for too long around dinner time. i will take a deep breath and try not to worry.

i am pretty sure i have my first pp AF. it is quite light but i only stopped bleeding from giving birth for a couple of days before it started. the exact same thing happened with my dtr. sigh. it is just not fair. they are both champion nursers so why oh why cant i get a break for a bit. but, nooooooo, i may be a few days away from turning 40 but my body is still saying "lets make another baby,k????"

more later, dd is inviting me to a picnic on the kitchen floor!!
#8 of 151 Old 11-02-2005, 02:05 AM

i meant to ask you girls. with the kids being 2 months old what are you doing about shots? i have research it but still have no opinion. i plan on not doing anything until i have an opinion

#9 of 151 Old 11-02-2005, 03:09 AM

Not getting the shots done now. I think if I do end up giving her certain shots, she won't be getting them until she is older than 2. I need to have dh do some more research for me, because even though they give you the little warning sheets for each shot, I am not sure that I really trust the info to be telling the WHOLE truth.

I swear that my dd2 is such a goof. I had dh give her a bottle because soon we want to try to have her stay with Grandma and Papa for a couple of hours so that we can go Christmas shopping with no kids. She isn't much for the bottle at all! She will take it, but from dh she has to have her head facing away from him, and with me, she has to be snuggled like when we are nursing. Not that I mind that or anything, I just hope that she will be able to take a bottle from Grandma, if she can't then I guess there will be one child with us, and less space in the car for presents. Oh well, we shall see I guess.

I stopped in at our shutterfly site. I love the new pictures of the babes! I got a couple new ones of Allissa up there like a week or so ago. Sarah's twins look super cute in their Halloween costumes.

I am off to watch a movie, so I will check back sometime tomorrow if I can find the time! Take care everyone!

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#10 of 151 Old 11-02-2005, 10:49 AM

Michelle, take the carseat and check it at the gate. This way, you can ask the flight attendant if the seat next to you is free (although having been on a 1.5 hr flight with a 12 wk old much easier on the lap!) and if it's free, take it with you, and if not it will be RIGHT THERE when you get off the plane. It's also a big suggestion that if you are going to use a stroller in the airport and have one that the carseat snaps on too that you take this and check it at the gate as well. I flew with ds twice, once with just the carseat (on plane) and no stroller and once with both, the carseat and stroller got checked the 2nd time...MUCH EASIER and I had the luggage on wheels so I was pushing and pulling everything rather than trying to carry the carseat on one arm and pull my suit case behind me!

I can NOT believe Kate will be 8 weeks on Sunday...this is going to fast, someone stop time huh!! She's beginning to give some very pretty big smiles! I can't wait until her daddy gets to see one though! Poor guy. Ds smiled at me at 4 weeks, and didn't smile at daddy unitl 8 or 9 weeks. Kate is also sleeping quite well at night, even with me having some caffine yesterday, oh how I've missed that these last 7 weeks!We went to bed at 10:30 she nursed, woke up at 2:30-3:30 somewhere in there and nursed and then again around 6 or 7, and she's still asleep in my bed right now, looking so tiny. I hate that she's so far away, but I'm glad she is sleeping well right now.

I'm dreading her 2 mo appointment, but at least we're seeing the Ped we like in the office. She had no problems with delaying the vaccines at her last appointment.She didn't say anything about getting any that day, but I did pipe up and tell her that we were delaying and she had no problem with it.

Kate is up now, Im guessing she weighs 13 lbs by now, she is wearing 3 month clothes still, and I found some cute jeans for her, still looking for some long sleeve onsies and a few pull over sweater/sweatshirts for the winter and having very little luck!!

Anyway Im going to end this now as one handed typing is not my forte!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#11 of 151 Old 11-02-2005, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill0905
i meant to ask you girls. with the kids being 2 months old what are you doing about shots? i have research it but still have no opinion. i plan on not doing anything until i have an opinion
Jill...don't let anyone pressure you into getting any shots until you form an opinion for youself. The two month timetable is the Dr's, but doesn't have to be yours. For more info, check out the vax forum.

We're delaying all of her shots until at least two years, then we'll re-research, and re-consider...probably continue delaying indefinitely unless I can find some compelling reason to vaccinate. I've definitely found some compelling reasons not to!
#12 of 151 Old 11-02-2005, 02:12 PM

I admit it! I've been lurking and not posting!

I'm just marking my spot. I hope to post and update soon. I'm still keeping up with you all!
#13 of 151 Old 11-02-2005, 02:33 PM

Wow sounds like everyones babies are getting sooo big Emily is getting bigger to although she is still quite the small fry she is almost 8# her newborn clothes are finally fitting nicely but she swims in her 0-3 month clothes.

Anyway I am keeping my fingers crossed that my house will be finished this week. I really need this house to be done :

My hubby didn't let the kids "do" Halloween this year my six y/o was really upset but I kinda understand we have alot going on right now and he hasn't ever been real fond of Halloween.

I guess thats pretty much it maybe once my brain wakes up a bit more I can post more
#14 of 151 Old 11-02-2005, 08:56 PM

Aidan, my 36 weeker, is now 4 1/2 weeks old and weighed in at 9lbs yesterday, and was up to 21 1/4 inches (was 6lbs5oz, 19 1/4 at birth). i also think he's going through his first growth spurt, as he nursed for FOUR hours last night, then still woke several times to eat .
#15 of 151 Old 11-03-2005, 12:15 AM

I had Ian weighed today and he is 12 lbs 4 oz! Gotta love that momma milk. He seems to get bored very easily, like when he is facing my shoulder with nothing to look at. He hates that. But facing out - oh well thats good . Hes also taking up the habit of drooling everywhere. Ds kissed him a few min ago and got slobber all over him and he said, "yuck! germs!" Hes only 3!

Expecting #9.  Always busy hsing.
#16 of 151 Old 11-03-2005, 02:08 AM

I guess I'm new to this group!
My ds is 9 weeks and is all smiles! I love having conversations with him, he makes a noise, I make a noise, he makes a funny face, I make a funny face. What a crazy baby! I got him on the scale with me the other day and it seems like he's at 10 1.2 pounds but we won't find out what his "official" weight is until next Wednesday. (he was a 6 pounder at birth). I'm hoping for 10 pounds but won't complain if he's more!
The funniest thing is that he's growing hair underneath the hair that is already there. He came out with a large amount of hair and it doesn't seem to be falling out!
#17 of 151 Old 11-03-2005, 09:16 AM

Vax - we aren't. Many hours spent in the vax forum put us firmly in the "non" camp. Both of my girls were vaxed but I didn't know any better then Our ped (who is great btw) did say "if there is one to get it is the hib" but from what I've found I don't think we'll be doing that one either. DH still needs to familiarize himself w/ that one, but getting him pinned down to research is easier said than done.

Taite is doing all the stuff you guys' babes are doin. This stage is so fun - all those heartmelting smiles . There is a link to us in my sig w/ some new T pics
#18 of 151 Old 11-03-2005, 12:28 PM

Hey Mamas!

Things have been insane lately! Coren's baptism was this past weekend. My MIL, grandMIL and SIL came from PA to visit and attend - they arrived Sat. morning and left Mon. at noon. It was a great visit- I wish they could have stayed longer. My kids had a blast on Halloween.

A small vent about the baptism gifts: In-laws gave Coren clothes...all 12-18 months, none of which will be the appropriate season when he's big enough to wear them. I can't return them because I have no idea where they bought them. Coren got a bit of money, which always works - but my sister got him a gift card to the Disney store. My sister KNOWS I hate buying overpriced retail, knows Coren doesn't need any more toys (at least not the Disney varitey) or clothes, etc. and the only time I ever go to the mall is when my friend is visiting from Nebraska, and that probably won't be for another year, since she's currently battling cancer, is broke, and can't travel. Argh. Oh...and my parents don't seem to have given him anything at all. Before he was born they offered to pay for diaper service, for house cleaning for a few months, etc. but now, nothing. :

Vax: We won't be doing any....but we're still researching.

That reminds me - I got a job doing layout/graphic design on a newsletter 4 times a year for a Polio non-profit. The editor had started an article on the Amish community that's having a polio outbreak and said, "They choose not to vaccinate their children ... can you IMAGINE? : " I kept my mouth shut! The one thing I don't want to do right now is have a conversation about vaccinations with a person in a wheelchair due to having had polio.

Coren is growing / getting older too fast!!! He's all smiles, he "talks" to everyone, he rolls over, he pushes himself up with his arms when he's on his belly (or launches himself backwards when you're holding him!), and he's started giggling a bit!

Dh is out van shopping at the moment. I hope he has some luck. We're still not sure what we're going to do - trade in the Jeep for a van and have loan payments or convince my parents to trade us the Jeep for their van and give us the difference in trade in value (about $3000) and save that (and add to it) to buy a van when my parents' van dies. (Does that make any sense?) Anyway - hopefully we'll have a van to call our own soon!!!

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#19 of 151 Old 11-03-2005, 01:43 PM

My mw was just here trying to give her ds chicken pox (my 2 yo broke out last night ) and we weighed him w/ a baby scale I had in a closet. It belongs to a friend, and we didn't try very hard to calibrate it (we used an unopened bag of flour and 1 of suger and it seems to be accurate), but it put him right at 14lbs. He's obviously gaining and that's all we cared about. LOL! Oh, she did my 6 week post partum while she was here, that's why she weighed him. I had to cancel it last week cuz I was sick and I don't want to bring Jake into her office tomorrow cuz it's a bad idea to knowingly expose pregnant women to cp.

We're delaying/selectively vaxing. I think I will give Liam the HiB shot, but maybe not till 4 mos. Need to discuss w/ dh. THere was a baby who died from meningitis locally last week and it's really scary. The HiB doesn't seem to be one of the dangerous shots. Other than that, we'll probably hold off till he's 2.

Oh, I also realized today that Liam and ds2 are wearing the same size in cloth diapers!
#20 of 151 Old 11-03-2005, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wow, they are growing so fast! Cora is 7 weeks, and I'm not sure how much she weighs, I'm guessing almost 11 pounds. She is all grown out of most of her nb stuff I am going to weigh her today, there is a Mom and baby group at the health center near here, and they have a scale so I can check. She seems to be getting really long. She's smiling too, and making all sorts of cute faces.
We are delaying Vax, maybe indefinitely. DH wants to Vax for some things, but I am trying to find some good research to show him. He's so busy its hard to get him to do stuff like that, but I'm in no rush so it's okay. I'd rather wait til shes bigger if we do end up selectively vaxing.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#21 of 151 Old 11-03-2005, 10:10 PM

I know that this is a crazy question, but does anybody know how old babies are when they begin to teeth? My 9 week old son has two little white spots on the gum line where teeth would be coming in. He does tend to scream sometimes for no reason and shoves his fingers in his mouth around that area. Any ideas?
#22 of 151 Old 11-03-2005, 11:40 PM

you know what? i notice Trent doing the samething. it is like he is grinding his gums together and he drools enough that he would float away!!! i am already having a hard time with him getting bigger. i dont need teeth also!

mom2threenurslings ~ i have all kinds of cute shorts.....that will fit him during the winter!!! : sometimes people just dont think!!!

#23 of 151 Old 11-04-2005, 07:40 AM

Quote:
you know what? i notice Trent doing the samething. it is like he is grinding his gums together and he drools enough that he would float away!!! i am already having a hard time with him getting bigger. i dont need teeth also!
Thank-you for being another mom who notices that!

Quote:
mom2threenurslings ~ i have all kinds of cute shorts.....that will fit him during the winter!!! : sometimes people just dont think!!!
As for shorts and clothes I can't use, I just take them to the department stores, and say that they were a gift, I have no clue how much they cost, how much will you give me for them? And more or less everytime, they take it and I get a merchandise credit to buy something he actually needs.
#24 of 151 Old 11-04-2005, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactavia
As for shorts and clothes I can't use, I just take them to the department stores, and say that they were a gift, I have no clue how much they cost, how much will you give me for them? And more or less everytime, they take it and I get a merchandise credit to buy something he actually needs.
That would be great if I knew where they bought them....one outfit is from Kmart, but I have no idea where the others are from.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#25 of 151 Old 11-04-2005, 11:42 AM

Amanda, I hate that!

MIL thoughtfully bought Kate 3-6 month onsise rather than 0-3, we had a TON of 0-3 stuff given to us, but no 3-6 when she was born. Well...they are shortlseeve..and granted it was still warm when they began to fit her...it's time for longsleeves on her now! She gets too chilly with just a shortlseeve and sock, but can get too warm in longlseeve and pants, so longsleeve and socks is the way to go in the house....poor baby. But at least we have a few thinner sleepers complete with pants, longsleeves and footies!

DUDE, SHE BIT ME YESTERDAY! LOL She was comfort nursing after we took a shower. She loves her shower but HATES when it's over and she gets cold, I do my best to get her warm quick but dh wasn't home yesterday...anyway...so she was comfort nursing and I guess she was done cause she bit me! So I unlatched her well, pryed my nipple from her gums...and she didn't fuss at all when I put the boob away, which leads me to believe she was finished. And about 10 minutes later was asleep on my shoulder. I was just suprised at her biting me!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#26 of 151 Old 11-04-2005, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2threenurslings
That would be great if I knew where they bought them....one outfit is from Kmart, but I have no idea where the others are from.
What are the brands?
#27 of 151 Old 11-04-2005, 12:11 PM

We are moving next week. It is crazy trying to pack with a 6 week old, a 3 year old, and a demanding 5 year old. I am praying that I can stay sane through the whole thing. lol
The good thing is that I can't wait to move into our bigger apartment. It is going to be so nice. Dh grandmother is giving us two twin beds, two dressers, and mattresses for the older kids (they have no furniture. DD has been sleeping with us and ds is in the crib still - it becomes a daybed.) So now, we can put the crib in our huge master bedroom for when Ryan outgrows the bassinet. He actually sleeps best in his own bed, right on the side of my bed. He has been sleeping 5-6 hour stretches for a couple of weeks now. The two older kids will each have their own room (and dd may or may not sleep there. lol She is afraid of everything now.) Dh brother is giving us a futon so that we can get rid of our discusting, falling apart couch and loveseat. We hopefully will be purchasing a glider rocker. I have wanted one of those for years.

And, we will have a bathroom on each floor. I am so happy as I need to really work on potty training ds. He is 3 3/4 years old and because he has autism he really has no clue how it all works. I have him sit on the potty twice a day right now, but he has not gone in it for a year now. He brings me his dry diapers all the time and tells me they are wet - so the first thing we are working on is the difference between dry and wet. At least with a bathroom downstairs, I don't have to keep running up the stairs to put him on. He is so big that he doesn't fit on a little trainer potty anymore. He is outgrowing his diaper covers again and I am not sure if I should buy him new ones or not though...the potty training is going to take a long time I think and I am going to keep him in diapers until he understands the process better.

Speaking of diapers, I am trying to decide on which diapers to get Ryan for the next size up. Is anyone here trifolding prefolds in bummis for their baby? I like the trifold some of the time as the infant prefolds are more absorbant like that. I am using small proraps for that right now but I am wondering if I should use med bummis for trifolding when the smalls are outgrown. I don't want blowouts outside of the cover. I plan on using the 12 fitteds I made with medium wool covers, or the 12 regular prefolds with bummis or proraps. I really want to keep it simple this time. I don't want a ton of variety and expense.

I think Ryan is around 11 lbs now and he is starting to get chubby. He is long though and will be out of his 0-3 month clothes in about a week I think. He had some cradle cap that was getting worse so I put coconut oil in his hair and then washed it. I can not believe how it has actually healed the cradle cap. Just thought I would mention it in case someone else is having trouble with that.

As for vaccinations...although the ped would like us to reconsider, we are not vaccinating. I am concerned about a few of the diseases though and need to do a bit more research. I wish I could feel really confident in my decisions regarding the vaxes, but I am not right now. I am afraid of whooping cough and meningitis...but I am also very concerned about autism.

Well, now that I have written a novel...baby is up and I have to nurse.
#28 of 151 Old 11-04-2005, 12:12 PM

Okay, finally have a little time to update!

Well, probably could start with the milk supply. It's gone way up! As of Tuesday at the BFing clinic, I made 2.4 oz! It's gradually increased... at week 5 when I started adding pumping (at his naptimes, twice a day) it jumped from 0.5 oz to 1 oz, then at 6 weeks it went up to 1.8 oz, and now 2.4 oz. That's just on my own with nursing, a little pumping, and the fenugreek I've been on all along. I started Domperidone last weekend and haven't seen the effects quite yet. The LC said it could take a few weeks to see effects. I'm on a pretty low dose, so it can always be kicked up a notch. The good news is, Riley is getting WAY less formula. He didn't get any from 9 pm- 9 am. I only gave him one bottle- 1 oz of EBM. This tells me his little tummy only needed my milk last night! I've been literally nursing him every single hour. I'm really hoping that soon I'll be making enough. Cross your fingers for me. It's looking really good!

Riley coos and smiles now. He has for about two weeks. I'm just in love with him. When he wakes up to nurse in the mornings, he just smiles and coos. What a way to wake up, huh? He's also great with sleeping. He sleeps about 4 hours and then is up every 2 hours or so in the night (not too bad) and he takes two naps during the day, at very regular times. It's nice to have a little predictability!

Things have been good here overall! Just happy and loving this new life of mine as a mom. We have been out and about every day this week, visiting friends and enjoying the warm weather (it's been in the 60s!!!) I just can't help but think it will only get better with time. The only thing that isn't the best right now is my relationship with my husband. We get along fine but we aren't intimate at all. We used to kiss and hug alot and don't anymore. And he's been sleeping the first stretch in our bed and then he goes out on the couch the other half of the night. I miss waking up next to him. But I still wake up next to someone- my babe! LOL! It should be pretty obvious here that BD is non-existant. We're both still scared to for emotional reasons, so we're waiting. I haven't decided what to do for BC either, so it's probably best.

Love reading about you all! I'm glad most of us are still here!
#29 of 151 Old 11-04-2005, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactavia

that is a great idea.....except i was an excited mom and washed ALL his clothes before he was born!!!

#30 of 151 Old 11-04-2005, 03:52 PM

Well, we are doing great here! I can not believe how much easier having twins is than I thought to would be. They are such good babies They only wake up 1x a night each which is great, Jackson still wakes up more than they do. They are nursing great and are probably around 13lb each now, maybe a little more. The smiles are just soooo cute and they are even starting to laugh a little also. Dh went back to work this week and that has been hard, but not as hard as I though it would be. I just have to remember how lucky I was to have him home for 7 weeks. I know most moms do not get that. Jackson has been the biggest challenge. He is getting his 2 yr molars, has a cold and is really missing daddy. He has had daddy all day every day for 7 weeks and pretty much got undivided attention all day from him and now he sees him a little in the morning and about 1.5 hours at night before bed. He did get to go to work a little with him and we have been going and having lunch with him so that has helped. I have found that I have to get the house every day. I go crazy being home all day with all of them. The only thing with the babies is that they have suddenly stopped pooping. It has been 6 days for Miles and 4 days for Byron. I know it can be normal and in every other way they are doing fine (plenty of wet dipes, eating a lot, happy and content) but it still worries me and I dread the poopy dipe when I do get it.

Vax - we are not doing any now and I am not sure that we ever will. Ds is vax'd and he started getting ear infections after the 1st set and got them straight for a year. I am convinced it is from the vax and I just can not deal with that again and I have read plenty on the subject and don't know that I want to vax for many other reasons also. It can be a hard decision to make, but you have to educate yourself and pick the choice that you feel is best. That can be a different choice for everyone. It is all about what you are most confortable with.

Amanda - I know what you mean. I got these really cute little summer outfits in the mail that were 6 months. That is what they wear now, there is no way they will fit them next summer and it is way too cold now for them. Do you have a consignment store you can take clothes to? I take clothes with tags still on to consignment. You get a little more $ than you would if they don't have tags and it is better than doing nothing with them. I take stuff in all the time and use my credit at the store to buy new clothes for the boys. Just an idea.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page