Extra bum-hole? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 11-25-2005, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKK
I know exactly what you are talking about. I'm not sure if my kids have that, but (not to give you TMI about *me*) I have always had one of those on my butt my whole life!!!

And, I can assure you that it is not a mild form of spina bifida, because I also have a lovely, simian-looking patch of hair at the base of my spine, right above my butt. I was born with this hair, and when I was little, I was x-rayed to find out if it was the mild form of spina bifida. It was not. Just the hair, no sign of any internal malformation.

Interesting thread!
I had no idea I would get so many replies when I started it, lol! It relieves my mind greatly, however.

Henry also has a patch of hair right above his "crack"...but he was born with hairy arms and a hairy back, too, and just this patch has lasted so far, so I don't know if it's related to the hole by his tailbone or not. I just hate to hear the words "spina bifida," you know?

Thanks for sharing, everyone. I will definitely ask his doctor about it, and do a bit more research, but it's good to know it's not totally bizarre.

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#32 of 32 Old 11-25-2005, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyem
my ds has a sacral dimple. he has a tiny tuft of hair in there. warning signs of more then a dimple include hair or so deep you cannot tell how deep the hole goes. you want to see the dr soon and have a sonogram done asap. i believe it has to be done before 6 weeks or only a mri will work. you want to rule out spina bfida and this other muscle thing I cannot remember name of. our sons sonogram showed no problems but it does collect poop so you have to be sure to keep it clean. since you are describing an actual hole i would encourage you to see a dr asap to avoid a mri.

sorry nak and lefty typing

yea, ds has a sacral dimple. we got a sonogram when he was a few weeks old to rule out underlying problems. apparently a few of my cousins have it too- never knew that until i told my mom ds had it! anyway it can be symptom of something else, or it could just be what it is- a dimple.

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page