August 05 - Happy 2006!!! - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 341 Old 02-01-2006, 02:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, I'm new here. I am SOOO glad that a friend told me about this discussion group. I had previously been on August sunbeams on ivillage .com. moms of august 05 babies. but i spent so much time sorting through attached parents and other types of parents.
anyway
I have only 1 DD adn we are BF CS AP loving oru mai tei
looking forward to sharing with you all.
#332 of 341 Old 02-01-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlilytexas
Hey, I'm new here. I am SOOO glad that a friend told me about this discussion group. I had previously been on August sunbeams on ivillage .com. moms of august 05 babies. but i spent so much time sorting through attached parents and other types of parents.
anyway
I have only 1 DD adn we are BF CS AP loving oru mai tei
looking forward to sharing with you all.
Lol, I pretty much got run off of the august sunbeams forum on ivillage for being, "too granola crunchy." Oh well, no loss to me. I just about had enough of the whole, "I started solids at 4 months, if you don't vax your baby, you are an irresponsible parent" attitude among other things there. I find a lot of mainstream parenting forums annoying, but that one was EXTRA annoying, it was time for me to leave. Anyway, welcome to MDC Aug 05. We have a nice group of ladies here, I think you will really like it. BTW, which mei tai do you have? Do you like it?

Heldt123- What happened with your DH? If you need to vent, we're here to listen. {{{HUGS}}}
#333 of 341 Old 02-01-2006, 03:06 PM

Jamie, hugs, hugs, hugs. I read a recent response of your to another post in PAP about hubby not helping. Sorry if that's what you're dealing with.

Welcome, Tiger Lily! I've never been on a mainstream board....I simply don't dare! Glad you found us!

Sorry I'm lurking so much. Not much to say and I'm dealing with the end of a five year friendship right now, so I'm sad . I'll get back in the game soon!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#334 of 341 Old 02-01-2006, 08:43 PM

I also want to apologize for being so 'not there' I just haven't really got a lot to add. All of my best intentions have gone to waste, except that of staying connected despite my inability to BF {I'm working on relactation, but being unable to afford an electric pump, it's not going so well} so I really don't have much to say
#335 of 341 Old 02-01-2006, 10:28 PM

to and from all of us that need it

laurel is doing wonderfully at sitting up now . it was such an all-of-a-sudden thing. now she just loves to sit there and play with her blocks. with the occasional tumble over...but she's thrilled!

ditto on the teething with no teeth showing up .

last night was my normal work night that dh usually has off and hangs w/ dd...but he had inventory, so he planned on slinging her and counting. she wasn't all that into it, so it was taking him forever. i got up there at slightly before midnight and she was wide awake, taking the ebm from the bottle w/ dada. it was pretty interesting watching her trying to figure out what to do now that mama was there...keep going, stop, look confused ...just for a minute til i put her on the boob. anyway, it was so late so we decided just to stay in one of the hotel rooms. dd was way past tired and was just plain silly. she didn't want to sleep at all...just , roll over, laugh, . i was cracking up . so much joy .

i have been fending off ppd fairly well thusfar, but kind of melted down on monday. i spent some time over on the ppd thread and went out today to get some vitamins, supplements, herbs, and a flower essence. crossing my fingers and : the overwhelm subsides soon. it just seems so unfair when i know in my how much i have to be grateful for, and how blessed i am, but the overwhelm is so strong. i usually deal w/ SAD anyway, so i'm convinced it's a one-two punch right now, making it more challenging. (((deep breath))) well, i'm ready to motivate on the herbs, etc...and get my butt back to the gym...we'll see how thing go

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#336 of 341 Old 02-01-2006, 11:56 PM

I only have a second to say WELCOME to Tigerlily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a truly wonderful and supportive group here.

And everyone else...and HELDT and KTMAMA and Kaitnbugsmama...hang in there!!! I think alot of us are in a rough patch at the moment.

Will do a "real" post later!!!

--Adrienne
#337 of 341 Old 02-01-2006, 11:59 PM

Kaitnbugsmom... I'm sorry to read you're having a hard time.
Does a hospital near you rent the electric pumps out? That's how I pumped for my non-nursing DD1. I rented it for $15/mo for 8 months and I had enough BM stored in the freezer to keep her on EBM for a year. ANYWAY.....BF or not - you're doing a wonderful job... you're connected to your Emma, and that's what matters.

My little guy isn't sitting yet....when I work on it with him he laughs at me...lol...he thinks I'm a total riot trying to get him to sit still. And ya know...I really wouldn't give a hoot when he decides to sit except that I have plans and ideas for his 6-month picture that require him to sit.

I think we need a February thread.... 17 pages... man... can you imagine the pages we'll have each month as they start crawling and such???
ETA...Here is our February thread: ~* August '05 Mamas ~ February Thread *~

Becca ~Mama to 3 (DD - 1/3/02) (DD - 2/16/04) (DS - 8/11/05)
#338 of 341 Old 02-02-2006, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmama
Jamie, hugs, hugs, hugs. I read a recent response of your to another post in PAP about hubby not helping. Sorry if that's what you're dealing with.

Welcome, Tiger Lily! I've never been on a mainstream board....I simply don't dare! Glad you found us!

Sorry I'm lurking so much. Not much to say and I'm dealing with the end of a five year friendship right now, so I'm sad . I'll get back in the game soon!
Thanks everyone! Sigh, let's just say that we have had a rough 5-1/2 year marriage and it doesn't make things any better to catch him in outright, blatent likes. Just when you think things are getting better, they get worse. I really don't know what to do right now.

s Kate, sorry you're having a rough time.

Hi Tiger Lily! Welcome!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#339 of 341 Old 02-02-2006, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitnbugsmom
I also want to apologize for being so 'not there' I just haven't really got a lot to add. All of my best intentions have gone to waste, except that of staying connected despite my inability to BF {I'm working on relactation, but being unable to afford an electric pump, it's not going so well} so I really don't have much to say
s

We need you here! Please don't let that make you feel like you don't belong!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#340 of 341 Old 02-02-2006, 03:06 AM

Kaitnbugsmom--please feel free to PM me if you want to talk about BF difficulties/pumping, etc. There is also a Low Supply Tribe, and a thread in breastfeeding forum for mama's who ended up unable to BF. It's a truly heartbreaking thing. You are a total heroine mom for working so hard on this!!!! Don't worry about how much you're "here" when you're here. We're apparently not going anywhere!!

I wish I had a pump for you...we got a loaner from a program at DH's work.
#341 of 341 Old 02-02-2006, 06:13 AM

Welcome Tigerlilytexas!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page