August 05 - Happy 2006!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-19-2006, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmama
Kitty, so glad you're back! Anyone seen Jamie?

Here's some new pics....check out that leopard swaddle!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/katewi...lbum?.dir=a3dc
Kate- wow, such a beautiful family! Lily and Annabelle (love that name) are so sweet- I loved the one of the 2 of them in bed together! And the picture of you with AB over your shoulder, and dh isn't too hard on the eyes either!

I had to hop in to say that- I'm only at post #55 but I am going back to catch up right away and get up to speed before catching you all up to speed with me! I've been such a lurker these past 4+ months but plan on getting back on board!!

Traci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2006, 10:12 PM

Hi Ladies,
I posted a question in the Breastfeeding forum that perhaps some of you could help me with? Would you mind taking a look?
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=398999
TIA!

And welcome back streetkitty!

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heldt123
Yeah, I know it is best to delay solids as long as long as possible, but it is getting so hard to eat without him trying to eat off my plate. At Christmas time, he grabbed a handful of mashed sweet potatoes and shoved it in his mouth before I could wipe it off his fingers. He practically throws his whole body towards my plate trying to get it. Then he just watches every bite and sits there chewing his tounge. I just feel guilty even though I know it is just normal baby curiosity. : My original intentions were to wait until he was closer to a year, but now I don't know.
So what happened when he ate it? Did he eat it, or spit it out? Did he have a reaction if he ate it? Maybe he really is ready - every baby is different

Carrie - I am so sorry to hear you're having such a rough time of it with your little sweetheart. Mama, I know you're doing a great job.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:24 PM

And I'm with you all on the biting, although CJ likes noses best. And he bites hard!

Skana, our babes were born on the same day!

Hey Kristin. Yes, we have two Virgo babes, don't we? Tova Evelyn was 6 lbs 4.4 oz at birth. How about your little boy? And Tova definitely prefers chins (mine in particular) for chewing. I wonder how long it will go on before we actually see a tooth? Technical question: do I have to have a website for people to view photos of my darling kids? And is it possible to change my forum nickname?

All the best,
Skana, partner to Dave, mom to Griffin (8) and Tova (born Aug. 24/05)
Old 01-19-2006, 11:31 PM

UGHGHGHGHGH!!!! AF came back today and I am still EBF! This happened last time too. : I could have sworn I ovulated about 1.5-2 wks ago, b/c I was having some twinges, and have been freaking out about AF coming back, b/c this was about the time it came back last time with my oldest DS. Why me? All of my other friends who BF are AF free for over a yr or longer. Last time the NP I saw for a pap told me I must have fed my baby formula if my AF came back so quickly. : I was not happy with her comment at all. I think my body is just a weird. I hate AF, mine are really bad, I would be happy if I never got an AF again.

Oh, and I also have a bad case of carpel tunnel in both hands. I had some mild CT while pregnant and I think b/c jonah's kind of a big baby (I carry him a lot) and the hormones from BF, it's just made things worse. Now I have to wear those braces on my wrists at night, and I have been having problems falling asleep, b/c my hands hurt so much. I have another online friend who went through this and she said the pain did not go away until 4 mo after she weaned her baby. I plan to BF jonah for a long time... so I'm wasn't exactly thrilled to hear about that. Kellymom.com also verified that it often doesn't resolve until after weaning.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:39 AM

Dakota started rice on 12.15.06 and carrots on 1.7.06, since then she has had yams, which she absolutely loves. We are going to start her on butternut squash this weekend.
I am pretty much playing the whole solids thing by ear. I was waiting for her cues. She loves to watch me and db eat, she gets all fidgity, like she is jealous and wants to try what we are having. She did rice with bm for a few weeks first, the last week, she was eating in daily in the am. We do a solid veggie in the afternoon. No negative reactions so far, and she is still drinking plenty of bm. About 2-3 ounces less at daycare, but still nursing the same, it seems.
We serve all her veggies fresh and organic. What we cannot purchase fresh, we will buy frozen. The rice cereal is organic too.
I plan on going through veggies and grains only over the next 2 months, then adding fruits, and adding a 3rd feeding when she is ready.
The poops are actually easier, and daily. DD used to poop only once every 5 days or so, and it was a mess! Her solids are, well solid, much easier to deal with.
I plan on nursing for at least 2 years, maybe even longer. I know when it ends, I am going to miss it!!!
Any advice from other mommy's with their 5 month old on solids, feel free...

Mags - about the carpal tunnel, have you tried accupuncture? You might need a detox and some herbs, like milk thistle. I had similar experiences. I actually went to the accupunturist today, and I feel wonderful!!! My back and neck have been killing me and making me physically ill. I just needed a detox, because of stress with working FT, and not being with DD as much as I would love to.

I figured it out the other day. In a 7 day period, with all of DD waking hours while I am not at work, we spend 31 hours togther. I work more than I see my daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why I need accupuncture, and to win the lottery!

I keep seeing all of these Aug babies rolling over. Dd has not done that yet, but she tries, she also tries to sit herself up (can't actually sit up unassisted yet) She is very determined. And hates to be on her tummy! Maybe she is just going to skip all of that, and just get up and start running around, lol.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heldt123
Yeah, I know it is best to delay solids as long as long as possible, but it is getting so hard to eat without him trying to eat off my plate. At Christmas time, he grabbed a handful of mashed sweet potatoes and shoved it in his mouth before I could wipe it off his fingers. He practically throws his whole body towards my plate trying to get it. Then he just watches every bite and sits there chewing his tounge. I just feel guilty even though I know it is just normal baby curiosity. : My original intentions were to wait until he was closer to a year, but now I don't know.
i also plan on waiting to introduce solids, but just did make one concession. i bought the organic teething biscuits. dd sits on one of our laps at dinner and is grabbing for everything. with this, she gets one only at dinner. she happily gnaws/sucks on it while we eat and is bored with it before she's even "eaten" like 1/32nd of it. she's happy, we're happy, and she's still getting all of her nutrients from the breastmilk. i asked the ped about the biscuits and she said that it was fine as long as dd could sit up on her own. our ped, as it turns out, is pro-waiting with the introduction of solids, but is mostly pro-mamas intuition - my favorite approach.

btw - first ped app't went well. dd is 14.5 lbs, 25 inches. apparently she's in the 50th percentile. didn't even know there was such a thing. and her big ol' noggin (17.5 in) is in the 110th percentile. she's all brain . actually, dh and i both have extra-large heads, so she's taking after us in this dept. ped co-slept with her first, so she's all for it. she's really open-minded, except for vaxs. she said that really all she promotes is the DTP and Hib, so i'm researching these like crazy, if anyone has any info that they'd like to share.

henhao - my midwife prescribes 10,000mg of vit C/day for mastitis. a friend tried this method and said it worked wonders.

adrienne - my crotch is finally starting to feel normal after quite some time. i just realized this last time dh and i made love. but, even tho i try to still do kegels, i still dampen the undies when i sneeze. hoping this goes away soon. i had a patient with urinary and anal incontinence that started directly after the birth of her child, so i get nervous.

ktmama - have a wonderful date ! dh and i just had our 3rd date since dd last night, celebrating our anniversary. it was great to just get out and snuggle , and have some super yummy food .

well, dd had the biggest blowout ever today in the johnny jump-up. it ran down her legs and all over the floor. so now i have to steam clean the carpet, and conveniently the steam cleaner is already at our house since the dog got sick all over the place the other day. at least dd's isn't nearly as stinky.

have a great night, mamas

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

Old 01-20-2006, 01:48 AM

riverundine: I like the idea of teething biscuits! Did you get them at any grocery store? which section would it be under at the store? I never seen those before

Sigh what another long tiring day... I have been trying to sit baby up by himself but he still keeps falling to the sides after 2 seconds or falling forward to grab his cloth or feet. He sure loves to put everything in his mouth!

I'm being pretty constant on feeding baby rice cereal after/before my lunch. He eats about 3-4 teaspoons and pretty much likes it..no reactions from him so thats good. I still breastfeed him during the night and day but every 4 hours now instead of every 2. I feel like my milk supply has been diminshing the past couple of weeks, or maybe cause he's sucking harder.

I hear that some babies BF for 30 mminutes, even 45??? The longest he eats now is 15 min...

How often do everyone's babies nap during the day? It seems like this month he naps twice for only 1 hour each! Is that normal? I think he's just more alert now of his surroundings...

well that'll be all from me..
Have a good night everyone!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabigus
so just a quickie post. Really, I can stop anytime I want.
Yeah, me too!!

Jodi, how is your grandma doing?

Deborah - 6 hours??!?! YEA! ...and mastitis? Boo. I'd also like to know if I should be pumping...ds has had a few most excellent nights lately - up 1-2 times and right back down. Any ideas?

Kate - I'm fascinated by the thought about the rolling/sitting & conflict - where can I find out more? I read somewhere recently (can't remember where) that our little ones are just now discovering that they aren't "part of us" -- that they are separate, discrete beings -- and as wacky as that sounds, it made sense to me.

((hugs)), Carrie -- you've been working so hard with your ted -- I'm sorry about Adrian's GI issues. Keep us posted - sending healing vibes your way. Oh, and I forget who just posted it, but USAmma has an excellent web page about Nitara's GI issues. May help? She's done some really fantastic things.

I'm having another one of those days where I am just totally in love with my little guy. Some days, I think life just cannot get any better.

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
Old 01-20-2006, 03:48 AM

Wow- quite the novel!

I can totally relate to farmlife3 & anguschick1- I am utterly amazed at the bond that dd and ds already have. dd realized that she could make ds laugh and it was the most awesome moment! Ds just lights up when he sees her.

We all took a bath together today- dd wanted to go in the water after her nap and I was so tired I didn't even fight it. I figured I could get ds in at the end but instead embraced the tub and we had a great time splashing (dd) and kicking (ds) and laughing (all of us).

It IS beautiful...and challenging. I think I have gotten over the guilt. Now I have 2. The baby needs must be out first in most situations and luckily ds is so mellow and patient- almost like he knows I am there if he needs me but he wants his sister to be happy as well. And I am different too. The second baby is easier- I feel so much more confident in what I am doing since I have proof that it WORKS!

OK- so ds just started turning over this past week- did a tummy to back and then a back to tummy a few days later. Now if you lay him flat- he turns! My big boy- almost 18 lbs at 4.5 months, 26 3/4"- he is very long and going through the clothes like mad. I had so many clothes for dd- too many, and don't have enough sleepers to keep up!

He spends a lot of time in the sling, loves the bumbo, the kick and play bouncy seat, chilling on his back trying to hit and kick some suspended toys. He is pretty content to do just about anything most of the time. Man- I wanted another Leo baby so bad, didn't want a virgo like myself and am SO HAPPY that I got the virgo...that leo girl I have is really all I can handle.

Mamao'Two- birth control. Since I am proof that the pull out method is not effective birth control and dh and I are not sure if we are going for 3 for now. *I'll have to see where I am at in about a year, and if not then, I will consider it another year or so later...if not then, dh is going to get surgery.* I agreed to go on the mini pill until that date. Conflicted a bit but I weighed the other options and I really have such limited time for intimacy these days- I don't want to think about it.

mags- turbo powered poops! LOL I call it the shotgun!

CarenSwan- I loved Unconditional Parenting. I am about to reread it (I read it about a month before ds was born). I lurk on the UP tribe board!

Tracy- my late ddc partner! 24 months, 2 weeks seems like a good spacing to me but I am only 4+ month in! I think it depends on your older child as well. I believe dd was totally prepared to transition to big sis! We wanted our kids 2 years apart...and then dd turned 1 and we thought- maybe 3 years is good! But then fate stepped in and 2 years it was and it works for us. A few of my playgroup moms are now about to start for another and I am so glad I am not starting this now- I would have gotten too comfortable with just one!

Kerri- are you still tandeming? We are- most days I love it...some days I hate it! dd is back to her pre-baby nursing schedule...most days!

Alright, 2nd kid asleep- time to talk to dh for 5 minutes before I pass out!

I really enjoyed reading all the posts and catching up! It is some adventure hey ladies?

Traci
Old 01-20-2006, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverundine
she said that really all she promotes is the DTP and Hib, so i'm researching these like crazy, if anyone has any info that they'd like to share.
The vaccinations forum has all the info you could ever want and then some. The current delayed or vaxing wisdom is not to do the triples, though - instead see if you can get them in singles - and request and read the inserts for the batches they are giving.

But don't take my word for it - there ae some brilliant, well-researched Mamas over in the vax forums who have written many, many threads.

Question for all the Mamas:

Have any of your babes' eyes turned yet? I can't remember the age they're supposed to go to a colour but I thought it was earlier - Kiernen's are still a beautiful deep gray.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:42 PM

thanks for the hugs everyone. TED is total elim diet - i've been only eating organic turkey, rice, carrots and pears since 12/4. He still is a horrible horrible nurser. Doing well on the bottle. Now of course I wish it could be ebm in the bottle....i'm keeping up this horrible diet and pumping while doing this 2 wk trial. i'm just heartbroken about this - i have tons of milk yet a baby that won't nurse and yes, i've read all the links on darshani's dd and her story. kinda similar here re the oral aversions, but the strides he has made with the bottle makes it more of a nursing aversion, kwim?

good luck with the vax research. we've been delaying up til now....
Old 01-20-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:

well, dd had the biggest blowout ever today in the johnny jump-up. it ran down her legs and all over the floor. so now i have to steam clean the carpet, and conveniently the steam cleaner is already at our house since the dog got sick all over the place the other day. at least dd's isn't nearly as stinky.

have a great night, mamas

Lol, at my oldest son's playgroup forum, we all used to call the exersaucer/jonny jump-ups, the, "poop chair." What really stinks is that the exersaucer I have is REALLY difficult when it comes to removing the seat. Last time my oldest was one of those babies who pooped with every nursing session. However, this time jonah poops like every 1-2 days... so I don't worry as much about him pooping in the, "poop chair."
Old 01-20-2006, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDakota
Mags - about the carpal tunnel, have you tried accupuncture? You might need a detox and some herbs, like milk thistle. I had similar experiences. I actually went to the accupunturist today, and I feel wonderful!!! My back and neck have been killing me and making me physically ill. I just needed a detox, because of stress with working FT, and not being with DD as much as I would love to.

I figured it out the other day. In a 7 day period, with all of DD waking hours while I am not at work, we spend 31 hours togther. I work more than I see my daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is why I need accupuncture, and to win the lottery!
Thanks, I will look into accupunture. We live in a hicktown, BUT I think there is one person who does accupuncture. I doubt our insurance will cover it. Is the milk thistle ok with BFing? ITA, my whole body is sore and my DH complains about his arms and shoulders from holding jonah all of the time too.

BTW, don't worry, your DD will roll over soon. It seemed like it took jonah forever of, *almost* rolling over, before he finally did it. He's a big baby, so I think maybe it was just extra work to work with all of that extra weight, lol.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Carrie,

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
DS - CJ :, the love of my life
Old 01-20-2006, 01:37 PM

Whew! We're all chatty like.

I found the cereal study, finally! Here is the big one. Over 1,000 babies, almost all of them breastfed (85%). Those who were introduced to cereal before 3 months or after 7 months had an increased risk of having signs of islet autoimmunity (the body attacking the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas - precursor to diabetes).

However, I was wrong about the diabetes risk - they looked only at type 1 diabetes, NOT type 2. Since both of DH's parents have type 2, it may not be such a big deal. I did give Z a tiny taste of my oatmeal this morning and she seemed to like it, but wasn't all that interested in more. So we'll probably wait.

re: vaxes. You cannot get DTaP in single doses (ie, just the pertussis or tetanus component). I don't think you can get MMR in monovalent doses either (ie. just the measles). I recommend doing your own research from as many reputable sources as you can find. The vax forum is one of those sources, but be aware it's slanted toward NOT vaxing (just as the CDC website is all about vaxing), just by the nature of these boards. I've found the vaccine package inserts and information from VAERS (vaccine reaction reporting) and MMWR (CDC's weekly update, which includes info on the numbers of cases of diseases like whooping cough, meningitis, etc) to be most helpful. In the end, there is risk either way and a huge element of the unknown...so you just have to be comfortable with your decision.

We are having a hard time lately....it seems DD1 has just realized that DD2 is not leaving any time soon. She wants her to be grown up NOW so they can play together...and so I don't have to nurse her anymore. I want to spend as much time as I can with my older daughter, but sometimes the baby needs me...and it doesn't help that my DH is not "into" babies (is anyone's?) and that the baby is definitely crankier when he has her (probably because he doesn't try very hard sometimes to find things to amuse her). I can't sit and listen to her cry -- just physically canNOT -- so I have to go to her, and then DH gets mad because he thinks I don't think he's doing a good enough job, and DD1 gets mad because I'm not playing with her anymore....and I can't win either way. URGH.

Sorry. Thanks for letting me vent. Not much to be done but let some time pass.....

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy926
I don't think you can get MMR in monovalent doses either (ie. just the measles).

...and it doesn't help that my DH is not "into" babies (is anyone's?) and that the baby is definitely crankier when he has her (probably because he doesn't try very hard sometimes to find things to amuse her). I can't sit and listen to her cry -- just physically canNOT -- so I have to go to her, and then DH gets mad because he thinks I don't think he's doing a good enough job
You can get the MMR separated.

I'm so here right now! DH is just so willing to pass the kids off to me- even when he claims to want to be playing with them. He also gets *hurt* when I go to my ds who is crying- I gave him the Dr. Sears article about the mothering hormones that make it IMPOSSIBLE to listen to your baby cry without crying myself! Whatever- when the kids are older he'll want to hang out with them and they will want to hang with me...I'm sure that will be my fault!!

Off to the park and a walk by the stream with our pals!

Traci
Old 01-20-2006, 03:45 PM

welcome to all the new mommas!!!
emmett is doing well- sleeping a little less, but I am surviving.
My 2 1/2 yo is going through something though.
man, no time to write.
Traci, we are tandeming just a little. We have decreased substantially and taking it day by day.
- kerri
Old 01-20-2006, 04:54 PM

Mags, I second the recommendation for acupuncture. It's brought me great relief (in conjunction with chiro adjustments) from an old car accident injury and my "mouse wrist". Also, my AF came back at eight weeks, so I feel you! However, I got the Minera IUD (the one with hormones) and this week I had a three day, one tampon period with no cramps. Not bad.

I recently posted in LWAB about radical changes in sleep and someone replied with this link to research on fussy baby stages. Great reading! http://members.tripod.com/meadowlark...isdom/id1.html

And, even though I know you've all had enough, here's some MORE pics. Can't keep my camera off of her. Street Kitty, welcome back. Sorry there's no new pics of my dh!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/katewi...e2.jpg&.src=ph

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
Old 01-20-2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasmyn
So what happened when he ate it? Did he eat it, or spit it out? Did he have a reaction if he ate it? Maybe he really is ready - every baby is different
He gummed it and swallowed it...no reactions. He did the same thing with the two tiny bites of pumpkin I gave him. Not a drop wasted. I think I might try some avacado or some more pumpkin next month as he will be six months old here in another week or so. I may do the mesh feeder thing too, but my pump is broken, so I can't use bm for that.

Yesterday we were eating at a restaurant and ding-dong mommy forgot to bring any toys with (he can sit up very well in the high chair). Well, I tried to nurse him while we were eating--big mistake--he was eating and quickly pulled my whole salad off into my lap, oily dressing and all!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Old 01-20-2006, 05:37 PM

Hey Kate, we never get tired of looking at cute pics of your little darlings!

Carrie - I hope things will get better for you soon. s I don't know how you have enough willpower to stick to a diet like that.

Chasmyn - Johnathan's eye's started turning around 1 month, I think. Now they are a deep brownish color. Nathan's stayed a deep blue until he turned 3 and now they are sort of gray.

Nonny - nap? What's that. I'm extremely lucky if he takes a 15 minute nap in my arms. He slep for 2 hours here a couple days ago and it felt like heaven. Consider yourself blessed!! Oh, and he will nurse anywhere between 10-60 minutes now.

Mags - You are talking about your period, right? Not up on all the abbriviations, sorry. Anyway, I got mine back the last time around 5 months. Nothing yet this time, except for some crampy-like twinges like you mentioned. I really don't want it back at all, yuck. Can you ovulate without bleeding? I suppose I should do some research on this since we use w/d. I'm surprised no one from our group has gotten prego yet!!

Hi streetkitty!

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Old 01-20-2006, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Chasmyn, CJ's eyes are still that beautiful gray also. DH and I both have brown eyes. My parents both have brown eyes, but my brother has blue (my mat grandmother has blue). Dh's parents both have brown but he has two cousins with blue.

So I don't know if they're gonna go brown or not. I like the gray. If I were to change my eye color, it would be to that!

Prenatal/Pediatric Chiropractor (Diplomate) , raising the next generation drug-free!
Old 01-20-2006, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mags, sorry about AF!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't join you also as dh and I use w/d also. When i start to get c/t from holding/patting ds so much, dh adjusts the bones of my wrist (usually the lunate) which really resolves things. So you might try chiropractic for that.

Old 01-20-2006, 11:00 PM

"poop chair"

wsgrl84 - the teething biscuits are from our local health food store...let me go check what they are called...Healthy Times premium organic teething biscuits

btw, someone gave her a silver rattle and it is by far her favorite teether

dd has never breastfed for all that long...short and sweet...but i fill up a 5 oz bottle with the electric pump in less than 15 minutes, so maybe she's getting a lot, fast.

and as far as naps go, we're pretty much down to one a day (much to my dismay , hard to get things done when she's awake ) but today she's been asleep now for 3.5 hours so far...maybe a record...maybe i should go do something constructive .

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

Old 01-21-2006, 12:17 AM

Kate--the picture of your dd2 on the potty made me want to try EC! My husband has been wanting to do it from the beginning, but I'm the one who's with her all day and it's always felt like one more thing to worry about. Of course, then I wouldn't have to worry about washing diapers, so that would be nice... Hmm... I'd love an update on how that's going for you all!

A word about AF... I definitely ovulated at the beginning of the week. NOOO!!! I'm not ready for AF yet, but yes, you CAN ovulate before getting your first post-partum period, so if you're not using birth control or tracking your fertility signs... LOOK OUT!

We've been battling sickness here since thanksgiving--just passing it around between the three of us. It's been my this week, so I've been MIA, or (more accurately) in bed as much as possible. I'm lurking though, and reading through this epic! I love knowing that you all are out there having similar experiences.

Clara continues to charm us all. She's not rolling a lot yet, but she has a few times, so I think she'll start in with more of that soon. She's so into her hands! She's really getting good at passing things back and forth this week (that's her new skill-of-the-week!) so she's enjoying playing with her toys more than ever. We're waiting to start solids until she's 8 mos actual/6mos adjusted age to give that preemie GI track extra time to do it's thing. I wasn't planning on starting with grains though... Nancy, does that study that you posted apply to all babies, or just one's with a history of diabetes?

Here's hoping tonight is better than last night! Clara was running a fever and I was up till 2:30!

PS: to all the new moms here!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:00 AM

Quote:
btw, someone gave her a silver rattle and it is by far her favorite teether
My MIL works for Tiffany and gave ds a man in the moon silver rattle for Christmas and he loves it!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:44 AM

Kate--the picture of your dd2 on the potty made me want to try EC! My husband has been wanting to do it from the beginning, but I'm the one who's with her all day and it's always felt like one more thing to worry about. Of course, then I wouldn't have to worry about washing diapers, so that would be nice... Hmm... I'd love an update on how that's going for you all!

Caren Swan, both Chasmyn and I are practicing EC with our August babies. We've been doing EC since three months (for almost three months now!) and it's going great. This past week has been a bit challenging. With Annabelle sitting and rolling onto her stomach a lot, her old signals have disappeared, so I'm using my intuition way more. In addition, I think the sitting and laying on her tummy are causing her to have to pee more and we're having more wet diapers as a result. Still washing dipes once a week most weeks rather than every other day as I used to, and each dipes gets washed after one pee.

Overall, I think she is happier and we are closer and her skin is way healthier too. Thanks for asking!

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
Old 01-21-2006, 11:32 AM

Here is a link to a 2.05 product recall, want to make sure it is not the rattle you 2 mamas are using.

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05544.html
Old 01-21-2006, 12:33 PM

its so good to find fellow ec'ers. weve been doin it since about 3 mo's as well, and all was going great at first - although i found i was less stressed keeping the diaper on and then takingit off when she cued - but now as well with the new developments and the teething the signals havent been there as much (except w/ dad -shes very vocal when dad has her). so now weve gone to no diaper at all to try to get back on track with the signals (i think mom slacked a little bit too with the paying attention ) i just loved when she smiled when she went on the potty - it was like she was soo happy to have communicated something 2 me
when i woke up this morning she was holding my face - i was so excited!!!
my dd plays with her toys trying 2 eat them but after about 5 minutes she gets frustrated at them for some reason and starts screaming then i take them away and she gets even madder
thanks 4 all the welcomes - its so great to hear similar things goin on
Old 01-21-2006, 12:56 PM

Mags - Milk Thistle is fine with BF and pregnancy. It actually is an herb that aids in BM production. My insurance does not cover accupuncture, but it is worth the $60.00!

User Tag List