* July 2005 Babies * - January thread ... happy new year!!! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 118 Old 01-26-2006, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey everyone. I haven't been able to keep in touch much lately. We just got back from Florida the night before last. We had a great time and Dd was entertaining everyone the whole time . A few of my friends who moved out of town came back for the wedding though so some people got to see her for the first time.

She's sitting up totally by herself and rolling both ways now (tummy > back and vice versa) so the only safe place to put her is on a blanket on the floor. I have a pillow propped up next to her while she sleeps (until I come into bed) so she doesn't roll off the bed in her sleep!

She's been pretty happy lately but today she was fussy for most of the day. Her sleep schedule got all screwed up when we went out of town so she's just getting back to normal. Today she was acting kinda like the way she was right before she got her first tooth. I kept checking in her mouth thuogh and no signs of anything new. The 2 teeth she already has are getting big and *sharp* though, so mama has been hurting sometimes.
#92 of 118 Old 01-27-2006, 12:08 AM

while I'm trying to read and catch up.. here's our update...

my gramma fell and broke her hip.. that's been stressful.. I'm pretty sure I've got some PPD going on as my reactions to things are pretty darn pathetic. *sigh*

Leila will be 6 months on Saturday.. her next apt is Wed, and I'm expecting her to be 14 pounds or so. She's still in 0-3 month clothes, but we've just moved her up to size 2 Huggies. Yesterday I left her on the floor on her tummy and went to make the kids lunch.. I came back and she was sitting there, smiling at me. Today I was sitting by the couch and she was standing by it.. I let go of her, and she stood for about 2 minutes before losing her balance.. and then when I put her on the floor again, she got up on her hands and knees and started rocking back and forth.

I'm in denial.

We haven't started solids yet - and don't plan to anytime soon. We've discovered she's got a contact allergy to dairy (Josh was blowing raspberries on her tummy after eating yogurt and she broke out in hives.. he bumped into her with a spoon a few days later it didn't have yogurt on it, but it *had*, and she got a rash all over her wrist... and then he ate pizza yesterday and kissed her and she broke out again, so we're pretty sure that's what it is).. combined with the reflux she's still having problems with.. well, the poor child isn't going to eat for a long time She doesn't care though.. she watched me take a bite of something yesterday, gave me this bored look and proceeded to ignore me for the rest of the time I was eating. She is interested in our cups though.. I gave her one to try, and she threw it at me.
#93 of 118 Old 01-27-2006, 12:24 AM
Pom

Weird. Just lost my post.

Babe on antibiotics starting tonight. Her "beginnings of" and ear infection diagnosed on Monday has blossomed. Thought she was better Tue, but last night was awful and today her cough is thick and her nose green and crusty. I feel horrible for waiting, horrible for putting her on it. But tried bm in ear, hyland's, steams. Nothing worked.

You'd think this being #2 I'd be better at this, but no!

Now she's sleeping in the sling. And I just remembered I have ear-numbing drops from DD1....

must check...
#94 of 118 Old 01-27-2006, 04:05 AM - Thread Starter

CherryBomb: glad the light therapy is helping DD's eyes

Pom: bummer about the ear infection, hope it clears up and DD recovers real soon. It does make you feel horrible when you don't do anything because you think that they're okay. For me sometimes I'm walking the line between being an observant and caring parent and a paranoid new mother ... does it ever stop?

Korwynne: Sorry about gramma. Darn about the dairy allergy. Very excited to read your DD is sitting, standing and rocking.

My DS only just continuously (like rolled twice over) to get somewhere. No sitting or rocking, there is no interest at the moment but he LOVES to stand (when he hold him or in his Jolly Jumper).

I have been the baby chef again. Today I made icecubes of sweet potato and pumpkin (separated, not mixed together).

The sweet potato was awful to peel and chop ... it was sticky and hard and it turned brown the instant it was exposed to air. It may have looked terrible but I had a taste of it when I was cleaning out the processer surprisingly it wasn't bad at all.

I tasted the pumpkin also and quickly remembered why I don't eat it but I am not letting my dislikes of certain vegetables affect my son's new tasting adventure.
#95 of 118 Old 01-27-2006, 10:39 AM

Cherubess - For the sweet potato, just pop it in the microwave for about 7 minutes, cut it open and scoop out the insides straight into the food processor. I did this when I made sweet potato cubes and it worked great. No discoloration at all. HTH

I have only given dd avocado, sweet potato and winter squash so far. She was ok with the first two but is loving the squash. I think I bought a dumpling squash. I had never bought one before, but they taste pretty good.

Anyway, sorry to bust in on the thread. I have a July baby too, I just don't post often. I love reading about how everyone else's babes are doing. We still are not sitting unassisted here, but she is rolling all over the place. I put her down and quickly she is on the other side of the room. There has been no interest in crawling yet, thank goodness. She looks like a beached whale when she gets on her tummy and has not figured out that her legs might help her out yet.

She is my first, so it is so nice to have somewhere to come with like-minded mamas, and I can compare to see what new things she is likely to be doing soon.
#96 of 118 Old 01-27-2006, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Ahill: Thanks for the sweet potato tip! I will give it a go next time
#97 of 118 Old 01-28-2006, 11:56 AM

Quick question for those making baby food:
I want to try it, but I am afraid that simply using ice cube trays and covering them in the freezer will not be enough, and I'm paranoid about my sweet potato cubes "tasting like the freezer." How do you store them?

DD is sitting here with me on the floor and saying "mamamamama" over and over again. We have a lot of photos all over the house and when we go on walks around the house I point to all of the ones with me in them and say "mama." Two days ago she started saying it unprompted. I think that she is just practicing a new sound, but a tiny part of me wants to believe she knows what she's saying.

Any other babies trying out new words?
#98 of 118 Old 01-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Pom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherubess
The sweet potato was awful to peel and chop ... it was sticky and hard and it turned brown the instant it was exposed to air. It may have looked terrible but I had a taste of it when I was cleaning out the processer surprisingly it wasn't bad at all.

Save yourself trouble! Bake them in the oven at about 450 for 40 minutes, then just scoop out the meat. Softer than microwaving, too.

As far as freezing...cover with foil and freeze overnight. Then pop them into a freezer bag. Squeeze out the air by hand or with a straw. Eventually, they will taste funny, but most food isn't meant to be frozen for more than 3 months. A few go a year.

Babe feeling much better...2 good nights of sleep, but she HATES the meds and spits a ton out. Doh. No rash or any side effects yet.

Today DD1 aND I have an ice skating date. Woooo! Hope that doesn't hurt too much. ;-)
#99 of 118 Old 01-28-2006, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom
Today DD1 aND I have an ice skating date. Woooo! Hope that doesn't hurt too much. ;-)
Hah! DH and I were just talking about all the stuff we are going to have to do again. Like ice skating and roller skating. I use to skate in teams winter and summer when I was a kid. I it. But it has been YEARS since I put on a pair of skates, and when DS gets older I will have to take him out. I can just imagine how sore and difficult it is going to be! Guess that is one of prices of waiting to have kids until later! But maybe it just means we won't get too lazy too!

Carrie
#100 of 118 Old 01-28-2006, 04:52 PM

I think I'm in denial! Why is it that whenever I pull out a 0-3 mo. outfit that is still in ds dresser I'm surprised when it doesn't fit??? And some of the 3-6 month stuff is too small, too. He is 6 months old, so I shouldn't be surprised. A few months ago someone gave me a ton of clothes her boys had outgrown. I went through them with a pg friend. She took home bag-fulls, I donated several bags to a crisis pg center, and I still have more here than he can wear. I sorted them by size and they are sitting in piles in my bedroom waiting for me to get some storage containers. I just went through them again today and some are already too small! I pulled out what looks like it fits now to put in his dresser. I put two items on him - an adorable thermal henley collared onesie with blue, gray, and olive green stripes and a pair of gray sweatpants. They are both 12 month size and fit him perfectly! I know the sizing on baby clothes is just a rough estimate at best and varies greatly. But these clothes looked huge to me when I frst got them. My baby is growing up!

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#101 of 118 Old 01-28-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelW
Quick question for those making baby food:
I want to try it, but I am afraid that simply using ice cube trays and covering them in the freezer will not be enough, and I'm paranoid about my sweet potato cubes "tasting like the freezer." How do you store them?
I actually posted this advice in another thread...

What I've been doing is freezing tablespoon size portions of food in Glad Press and Seal wrap. I love it, because you can actually press out most of the air and then freeze it. I don't bother with the ice cube method, because the food will get freezer burn if I don't remember to place the cubes in a plastic bag right away, and it can also start to absorb other freezer flavors...funky. Plus, the food is frozen in little piles, which is quick to thaw, as opposed to a thick cube. I just place the frozen food (still wrapped in the Press and Seal) in a bowl of warm water with the faucet trickling more warm water into it, and five minutes later, it's ready to eat! Then, you just squeeze the food into a feeding bowl from the wrap. Really easy, and no microwave use or boiling water!

Can anyone with a July baby post here? I'm new, and I don't know about the etiquette here...

Anyway, I've been reading the posts in this thread, and really enjoy learning about everyone's baby. It's amazing how different everyone is...each baby developing at it's own pace!
#102 of 118 Old 01-28-2006, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red'smama
I actually posted this advice in another thread...

What I've been doing is freezing tablespoon size portions of food in Glad Press and Seal wrap. I love it, because you can actually press out most of the air and then freeze it. I don't bother with the ice cube method, because the food will get freezer burn if I don't remember to place the cubes in a plastic bag right away, and it can also start to absorb other freezer flavors...funky. Plus, the food is frozen in little piles, which is quick to thaw, as opposed to a thick cube. I just place the frozen food (still wrapped in the Press and Seal) in a bowl of warm water with the faucet trickling more warm water into it, and five minutes later, it's ready to eat! Then, you just squeeze the food into a feeding bowl from the wrap. Really easy, and no microwave use or boiling water!

Can anyone with a July baby post here? I'm new, and I don't know about the etiquette here...

Anyway, I've been reading the posts in this thread, and really enjoy learning about everyone's baby. It's amazing how different everyone is...each baby developing at it's own pace!
What a great tip! (That's me rushing out to get some Press and Seal stuff.) Looking forward to filling my freezer with little frozen piles of food!

Oh, and you are WELCOME to post here! I didn't ask permission - just barged in on these mamas - and they didn't kick me out. I, too, enjoy reading about babes my ds's age.

Proud mom to superhero.gifds2 (7/05), angel2.gif ds 1 (born into heaven at 38 weeks 11/03), and 5 more angels angel.gif (4/02) angel.gif (7/10) angel.gifangel.gif (11/10) angel.gif (11/12)

#103 of 118 Old 01-28-2006, 10:41 PM

Thanks so much for the suggestion with the press'n'seal! What a great idea. I'm going to try it tomorrow (along with the cooking the sweet potato in the oven first suggestion.) You mamas are so helpful!
#104 of 118 Old 01-28-2006, 11:02 PM

: Red's Mama. Jump right in.

@ Pom, I will PM you for details on that car, considering I am still a crappy driver, a junker might be nice.

Ok, I have been at my wit's end, Izzi is officially killing my back and we have a real problem. She only naps in arms and it used to not be a issue but now its painful. I just got the Pantlely book but in flipping through it am not too sure how helpful it will be since her night time sleeping is fine.

More major teething , not sure where the next ones are coming up at but she is drooling buckets again and wailing and shoving her fist into her mouth.

Tons of vocalizing, its great . Definitely becoming more mobile, she can roll over but doesn't do it a ton. Is into tummy time and likes to roll from her tummy to her back. Is doing a lot of airplaning now, its so cute. Also trying to pull herself up from a laying flat position.

Me, I was sick with a cold this week courtesy of ds (which major sux since w/BF'ing I didn't want to take anything), it was my birthday this past Monday but I was too sick to do anything. Also had a lovely job interview and now I have a 2nd interview next week as well as another interview. No closer though to finding a 3/4 time nanny. DH & I have decided that should I land a position sooner rather than later that he will change his work schedule to work at nights and reduce his client load so he can watch Izzi.

Anyway all is well, we will be heading to Arizona in a few weeks which will be nice.

Hope everyone is well.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#105 of 118 Old 01-28-2006, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Glad doesn't make or sell the press and seal here in Australia. We have sandwich bags, oven bags, garbage bags, oven guards etc but no press and seal. Gee they must think because we're "down under" that we're backwards too. Oh well ... icecubes are okay.

red'smama: :

Trini: I agree with the in denial thing about baby growing up. Makes me proud yet sad whenever he has to be bumped up to the next size in clothes or diapers. DS is already in Toddler diapers, grew out of the Crawler size last month and he's not even crawling yet ...

Pom: glad to read DD is better. Have fun on your skating date!

RachelW: congrats on your DD saying mama ... no words from DS as yet. I just put the pureed baby food in icecubes wrapped up in glad cling wrap and the next day I place them into sandwich bags labelled appropriately so no freezer burn or absorbing odours.
#106 of 118 Old 01-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Pom

Umm...not meaning to rain on the press-n-seal parade...but the babes are gonna be eating a LOT more very quickly. That's a LOT of tablespoons! Isn't that press-n-seal expensive, too??? Maybe I'm wrong!

Shay -- so my brother now says that he wouldn't want anyone he cares about to have the car. It needs work to pass inspection. I'll give you his email if you're still interested but I didn't realize it was SOOO sad. Wouldn't want you hurt! Happy Bday btw! And good luck with interview!

Welcome more mamas!

I'm EXHAUSTED. Passed out putting babe to sleep and now must go back. Skating was fun! But my neck and back hurt from helping 47lb DD stand up for an hour and a half. Eeeek!

And we have breakfast company tomorrow...and we're soooo disorganized and house filthy. We also got 2 shopping bags full of avacado today from a friend's tree. will have to make cubes here, too!

but. first. must. sleep.

goodnight!
#107 of 118 Old 01-29-2006, 01:14 AM

Trini-- I understand so much! So I am now going through little man's clothes and getting rid of the 6-9 month pj's and one pieces. He is a looong baby torso-wise that is. He too is only in the 25% for weight(was 13lb 10oz at 4 month check up) I bet he may be a full 15 lbs now!
Max is now trying to grab food off the plate..almost had pizza tonight since I wasn't looking and he grabbed it off daddy's plate He is such a happy and smiling baby though! He is always talking now on the new word list is "hey"; "ow" ; and "uh-oh"...sooo sweet to hear that last one! He knows without a doubt who dada is and is now using me as only a feeding station since daddy is home from schooling and back in the picture after 3 months.

To all of the mamas here- Where does your baby sleep?? I have been doing a combination of co-sleeping and Max sleeping in the pack and play while we have been travelling, BUT we have no crib back in Germany yet and I was wondering what to do and if we should just wait til he gets old enough for a toddler bed or a twin on the floor? Just wondering what everyone elses situation is. TIA!

~About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all. ~
#108 of 118 Old 01-29-2006, 02:38 AM

DH has game night going on and I couldn't sleep, so here I am Gi is doing well, but we had a scary week last week - she had a cold, which turned very quickly into RSV and a double ear infection. She couldn't nurse, and before we knew it she was dehydrated and we were at the hospital for three days. poor baby...she's fine now, but the iv, the spinal, all that. I hope it's a LONG,LONG time before we are ever in the hospital again!

Gi is eating up a storm - she loves food - bananas, sweet potatoes, avocados, a little bit of rice cereal now and again, carrots, applesauce, and peas so far and demands it three times a day. (Her "I want to eat" signal is to bang her spoon on the table till you get her food ready - she's too funny) So yup, that's what we've been up to.

Our sleeping situation is still a sidecar arrangmeent, us and the dogs in the bed and Gi in her cosleeper on my side. She's outgrowing it, so we're going to have to figure out how to take a side of off the crib we have to do the same thing with that - our bed alone isn't big enough for the whole fam. Tomorrow we're going to get "her" room ready for painting, and that will be her playroom and then bedroom when she outgrows ours. I'm sorta excited to be able to decorate a girl's room. We have my grandma's antiques that my dad sanded down and we're painting everything white.
#109 of 118 Old 01-29-2006, 10:35 AM

Thought I would share how I froze our avocado too. I just peeled and took the seed out, put in a freezer bag and kind of mushed it flat into the bag (a couple centimeters thick) so that you are left with a flat block of avocado and froze it that way. When you want to give dc some, you just have to break off a piece and let it thaw. Or if you get it a little too thick, a knife will help you break off a piece.

We make our own fish food sometimes and this is how we store it and I thought it would possibly work for the avocado too, and what do you know, it does. It does not stick to the bag at all. Kind of cool, so I thought I would share.

One day...I would love to have an avocado tree!
#110 of 118 Old 01-29-2006, 11:41 AM

Hi all, I have been really bad at keeping up with this thread - but Rosie was not about to let mama sleep in this morning - so I have spent this rainy sunday morning drinking hot cocoa and catching up on everything...

I totally relate to the denial about our babies growing up - my girl is 19 lbs by my scale! She barely fits into some 6 month stuff - but mostly is in 9-12 month stuff now. She is on the verge of true mobility - not quite crawling yet - but up on her hands and knees and bouncing and pushing herself backwards and in circles... She made her first forward movements last night - kind of scooting forward on her knees - I will have to start babyproofing the house soon! Her favorite thing to do is baby yoga - she holds herself in the high plank position (kind of like getting ready to do a push up) with her arms straight and up on the tip of her toes with her body off the ground - it is so cute! I think she is trying to go right to standing and walking instead of trying to crawl... As I sit typing - she is on the floor - pushing up into plank and "singing" very loud - experimenting with her voice - so cute! She keeps looking up at me to make sure I am watching her...

As far as solids go - we have tried banana and avocado and she didn't like either of them - still has a strong tongue thrust - so we will just keep trying until she decides she likes it... We did get one of those mesh baby feeder things and we have been putting ice in it for her to chew on - she loves it! Still no teeth yet - but the drooling and chewing on everything continues - I hope she gets a bunch at once so we can hurry through this teething thing - she has not been happy.

Welcome to the new mamas here - please jump right in - the more the merrier.

As far as sleeping - we are still co-sleeping - and our mini-co sleeper we have by the side of the bed is used more for a changing table - play area - but I am getting tired of getting kicked and pinched and scratched all night so I might try to have her sleep in it more...

ok - my girl is getting ready for a morning nap - gotta go back to bed before she gets too cranky!

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
#111 of 118 Old 01-29-2006, 02:28 PM

Have had no time to post, but in case you missed it, there's a recall on some of The First Years teethers. I had FOUR of them that qualify for the recall (all of our teethers, in fact -- I hope they send me replacements before she starts pushing through any more teeth, lol). The water inside can be contaminated with bacteria that can make babes really sick if punctured. I'm sending mine back right away!!

http://www.thefirstyears.com/custome...therrecall.asp

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#112 of 118 Old 01-29-2006, 03:22 PM

Being able to pick avacados off a tree! In Janurary. What a dream. And here I thought we were doing so well with 40 degree temps in Michigan! I really love it up here, and enjoy experiencing all the seasons and all that. But come Feb I am so ready to move to a warmer climate, then spring hits and all is better.

DS co sleeps with us. We have a pretty big bed so it works ok. I orginally tried the sidecar, but it has turned into a second closet for DH. (He is NOT taking the hints about having two closets ;-) We put the bed on the floor and moved it away from the walls. That way if he scoots out of the bed (which he has) it isn't a big deal. I was having a lot of problems with squirming and kicking to, so tried a few things and it has gotten a lot better. One I made him one of those fleece-tie blankets. A smaller version. That way he has is own blanket. Second I don't try to snuggle anymore. I let him just eat and roll over and sleep. No more kicking or squirming. I think he just needs his space. I cannot tell if this means he is feeling his independence or like his DH who has a big bubble with most people. I think this part made me the saddest about him getting a little older. But then this morning he snuggled right in. I just sighed and snuggled right back.

DS is wearing 12 month and 18 month clothes now. He is almost done with 12 month. We are in a serious clothing crunch since he grew 2 inches in the last month!!!! I took his measurements like 3 times just to be sure. He is now 28 inches. Weighs about 20 lbs. So he is keeping right on his curve but no too big for a boy. He is long waisted, has 12 inch thighs and wears large cloth diapers so I always end up with the bigger sized clothing.

I am really looking forward to the Mom2Mom Sales next weekend!

Take care,

Carrie
#113 of 118 Old 01-29-2006, 08:57 PM

So what's new with us ...

I added some new pics (click on Madelynne's name in sig), and also added a few new posts to my blog (in sig).

Things are going pretty good, although dd has been nursing all. night. long. And lots during the day too. She HAS to be going through a growth spurt. She's been doing this for almost a week, I'd say, so I sure hope it ends soon.

The gassiness at night has improved somewhat, although she still isn't pooping regularly (currently on day 5). I think I'd actually be getting at least some sleep, if it weren't for the constant nursing. Mostly now she gets gassy towards the end of the night, and I'm beginning to wonder if it's from not burping her. I can't make up my mind if I want to try to start doing this, although it makes no sense right now, since she never stops nursing, so how would I decide when to do it, lol.

This past week she has started scrunching up her face and wheezing hard through her nose, over and over and over. It's hilarious! Pics on the blog and in our photo album.

She has been wearing 6-9 mo clothes for a while, with no sign of growing out of them soon so I've bought some really cute stuff in the last month or so. But now I'm worried she's going to grow out of everything since she's been nursing so much. Oh well ...

She totally understands the "milk" sign (I say nurse instead of milk). She definitely knows what I'm saying/signing to her, and lets me know if she wants to nurse (almost always YES!).

No words from her, though. Still hardly any consonants, although there is lots and lots and lots of very loud babbling, lol.

Sitting up and rolling really well, and slowly working on getting up on her hands and knees. Still think it will be a bit before she starts crawling. She loves loves loves to stand, though, and does a good job using things to support herself for short periods.

She is impossible to hold. She pushes off of me, and I've come so close to dropping her more times than I can count. She is also always thrashing around and I'm always moving my head around trying to avoid her. She finally gave me a good head-butt the other day and spent some time crying. She also takes her toys and pounds on the ground, table, etc., and then cries when she smashes her fingers ...

We haven't tried any solids in a while, although dh gave her a tiny taste of a sweet ginger salad dressing the other night and she made "the face" (see blog/album for pics, lol). I think she'll be a boob-only baby for a while longer yet, lol.

I did set her up in the high chair and gave her a spoon and an empty bowl and cup. She loooooved that. Although I spent all my time retrieving things from the floor. I can see how this is going to go once we start putting food in them, lol. I'm going to wish we had a dog ...

Oh well, just remembered about some more cute pics that are still on my camera. Going to download them and see if I can get some more posted onto the photo album.

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#114 of 118 Old 01-30-2006, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom
Umm...not meaning to rain on the press-n-seal parade...but the babes are gonna be eating a LOT more very quickly. That's a LOT of tablespoons! Isn't that press-n-seal expensive, too??? Maybe I'm wrong!

You're right about the price of press n' seal...it is expensive ($2.99 for a 75-foot roll). Plus, it's not recyclable. But in terms of the amount of food you freeze, you can choose to portion out sizes larger than one tablespoon. I just use that amount because my son is just starting solids, so he typically doesn't eat more than that. Anyway, it works for us!
#115 of 118 Old 01-30-2006, 11:05 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry if anyone else has read this in another thread (PP hair loss).

Anyone else's hair growing back after the PP shed?

A couple of months ago the hair on my head had really thinned out. In one spot it was like I went bald. Now if I run my hair along my skull, it feels thickish again.

When I tie my hair back or have my hair in a towel (after washing it) it looks funny because I can see the older hair lieing flat or hanging down BUT I can also see the soft whispy new growth growing up or pointing outwards. It looks especially funny near my ears because when I have my hair pulled back, the new growth sticks out sideways!

It is like I have "baby hair" like my DS amongst my normal hair style
#116 of 118 Old 01-31-2006, 02:14 AM

I'm still losing mine! I am leaving a trail of long blond hair everywhere, it is really awful. I fooled myself into thinking I didn't have preg hair and 3 months PP I lost half of it in two days. So sad.

DS finally went in for his 6 month checkup. 19.9 lbs, 29 inches long, 18 inch head!!!! 80-95 percentile on everything. (At least his head is still bigger than his thighs, I was starting to worry ) No wonder the kid is in 18 month clothing. The doctor is like, "sooo your just breast feeding him?" Yep, BF and about 2 Tbls. of solid veggies or fruits a day, we even avoid all the rice stuff. I don't know if the doc believed me or not. It seems like I should be losing more weight though!

Shanana - DS BF continuously for like a week with me. Then all of a sudden I was making more milk than he could use again. It was a very trying week because we both had colds too. But there is no doubt he grew during that time!

We are working on signs too. That is so cool that she gets "milk" for nursing. DS is finally really focusing when I use the signs and words. But I don't know how much longer it will take.

We discovered something new this weekend. DS is using tools now. He takes longest wooden block in his set and uses it to pull other toys and blocks to himself. We thought is was a fluke, but he keeps on doing it! Pretty cool. Anyone else notice something like this?

Oh and he has figured out buttons/switches. He knows if you press them they do something. He isn't the most accurate at hitting the smaller ones yet though. The bummer thing is if I put him in his crib while I hop in the shower he can use his feet to turn on and off the mobile, which sounds fine except that sometimes he cannot get the thing back on and gets frustrated.

Well I guess I've talked enough for one night! Take Care.

Carrie
#117 of 118 Old 01-31-2006, 05:55 PM

wow i havent posted in weeks!! We went for the 6 month check up last week. Ds is 17 lbs and 271/2 inches and is starting to wear 12 month Hes on his tummy a lot and likes to reach for things and loves to put anything and EVERYTHING into his mouth!! He finally has cut his bottom right tooth Its so weird feeling the little sharp tooth! I'm still bfing yay! ANd we started solids about 2 weeks ago maybe a jars worth of food a day, i try to use only fresh and organic but sometimes the fruit just isnt ripe enough! SAo than i resort to organic baby food. Hes had some avocado likes, likes banananas, likes pears, apples, not so sure about the sweet potatoes or the oatmeal. Just gave him that for the 1st time today. As far as fresh sweet potates go can i get yams are they the same thing?? Hes going through this screaming phase all he wants to do is scream and laugh and scream and laugh and play of course! Hes starting to show signs of seperation anxiaity. We have been co sleeping and yes in a double bed, it can be done. i'm little but hes 6' and 225 lbs!! so it can be done howver my ds likes to be almost smothered in order for him to sleep i've lost all my weight and than some which i didnt want to do : its been a strugle to eat really well and still eat enough calories. its kinda annoying,i'm really picky!! Anyway i think hes going to start siting up any day now and probably start to crawl it goes by soo fast and i'm not sure i like it. Thats why so many have more babies!!! Oh yeah ds hasnt gotten sick yet(knook on wood!) And weve been sick as well as both grandparents too! Which is soo good yay! Talk later

Emily

: :07-23-05

:2bfbabe: my latin lova jorge

momma to 5.8 yr old DS jammin.gif, ttc #2 with DH!! joy.gifnovaxnocirc.gifhola.gif
#118 of 118 Old 01-31-2006, 06:50 PM

Hi ladies.

I read where a couple of new July mamas joined in, so I thought I would as well. My baby boy was born on the 26th. I'm BF'ing him exclusively, though he has tried banana, softened apple and pears in that mesh thing...forget what it's called. He loves the pears more than the other two. He starts off in his crib at night, but when the first nursing comes, I keep him in my bed. We both get more sleep this way. I've been CD for the past two weeks now and am enjoying it. He looks so cute! I have a sling to "wear" him, but haven't quite figured it out yet. He doesn't have any teeth yet, either, and he has yet to roll over on his own! He loves to sit up and his favorite thing these days is blowing through his lips, look out our you'll get spit on!

Is this the thread for July babies, or is there some where else you all post?

Can I post pictures here? I usually read the rules, but I didn't at this board.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page