<3 <3 Happy Feb SEPTEMBER ' 05 MAMAS <3 <3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thought id start the thread since no one else has.kaulini has a friend here and we just found out that they are moving in 4 months darn military..once you finally make friends ppl move on you. sob,sob.
anyways, no time to type now but i'll catch up later!!
<3,
nicole

Waldorf mama to Autumn DD 9/05 and my Spring DD 4/08 Winter baby due 2/11
#2 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 03:39 PM

I'm sorry your moving do you known where yet? My brother is in the Army 82nd airborne and he just got home from Korea and he wwent straight to officer school in Florida didn't even get to actually go home. While he is in officer school they are moving my SIL and the kids to upstate NY. Poor guy has only seen his new baby boy (now three months old) twice for a few hours.

Emily finally had her 4month which was supposed to be her three month WCC lol. NO SHOTS although the girls that work in my peds office give me dirty looks. My Dr. was surprised to hear some of the info I had and is doing some research himself. I directed him to Dr.Jay's website

I was going to post on the baby stat thread but I hate to say I'm a bit embarrased : Emily was born at 7#1oz and now 4 1/2 months later she is at 10#6oz and in the 3rd percentile She was 19 1/2 inches long at birth and now she is 24 1/2 inches long I don't know what percentile that is but..........

I am so tired I was up till after 3am last night getting my site ready for my feburary promotions. I had to add a bunch of stuff and then figure out how to change shipping, I think I am finally getting the hang of it though. My house is a disaster and I really don't care I think I'm gonna lay down with my three y/o and see if we can take a nap with sissy

Hugs to you all hope everyone is doing well.
#3 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

luckily its not me moving.. i didnt state that did i? ha,ha, its the otehr girl thats moving.
emily is beautiful !! dont listen to anyone who says anything about her weight.. ppl complain no matter what.. my family complains that kaulini is too fat.grrrrr...
i still have to check out your store.. i def want to shop with my fellow mamas here
ok dh is awake really gotta run now! love to you all!!
nicole

#4 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 09:02 PM

It took me all day to figure out it's February already.

No time - need to get kids out of the tub and into bed.

Hopefully I'll find time to check in later.

Mama to A (12), Z (11), H (9), C (5), A (3) and 4 angels. 

#5 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 09:57 PM

Oh my...I thought it was 1/31 all day today!! : Weird.

I'm sick with a stomach flu. ugh. I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday, but it was not pretty. I was even running a fever and that hasn't happened in years! I really can't remember the last time I was sick. Maybe the first trimester of my pregnancy?

Anyway, more later...
#6 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 10:02 PM

I have not posted in quite a while, maybe months!! It's good to see s few familiar names!! I am really beat! The last few months have been spent planning a Wedding that is now over, it was perfect and I didn't flip out even though I'm full of hormones.

Josie is diong great most of the time, at our last well child (1/13) she was 13lbs 11oz and I think 25 inches, just right I think! And she is healthy, still nursing like every 2 hours sometimes 3 and not sleeping at all!! I thought she was waking because she was right next to me and knew I would respond so I mover her toa crib, it didnt' make things worse but it didn't really help either, I just have to walk to the next room now! Last night she slept 3 hours then woke up every 20-30 mintues untill for a couple hours then finally slept from 3:30 to 7, not getting solid sleep is really starting to wear on me. If we could afford a bigger bed I would, co-sleeping sounds so good right now!

We also started rice cereal, alot earlier than I originally wanted but I kept having other moms tell me it would help her sleep, I'm pretty sure now that they were wrong, but i don't think I could just stop feeding her now, any thoughts???

I feel close to the end of my rope with the sleep thing, I just want one night of atleast 6 hours in a row, or even just 2 wake ups rather than 6! I havn't been nursing her at night when she wakes, atleast not untill around 3am when she actually seems hungary, should I try to nirse her every time she wakes?? I feel guilty if I don't but I alos feel like I'm keeping up bad habits if I do. It feels like being a mom to two is so much harder! and I'm getting my period already so I know my hormones are truly out of wack!

The fam wants to play board games now, I am truly open to any opinions and would love to hear how every one else is doing and any advise!!!

It's good to be back to the internet!! I hope I can make time to do this more often!!
#7 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 10:06 PM

Holy cow, it is Feb. I didn't notice til this post. Doing betime here too, check up with you all later - We are 1 month closer til spring :
#8 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 10:20 PM

Erin I was wondering about you! Good to see you.

Sorry about the sleep problems! If you'd like my humble opinion, I'd say nurse her when she wakes up. I still do it and neither of us ever has to wake up 100%. I'd say at 4mos they still need that for comfort even. I know she's not always "hungry" but sometimes she just needs it for a couple of minutes and she goes back down. I really do not think it is a bad habit, especially at this age, so I surely wouldn't worry about that!!!

The other moms might have food advice since Lana is my first, but I do think that the rice cereal just fills them up w/o a lot of nutritional value. We're not planning on starting for at least 2 more months.

I'd go back to co-sleeping, night nursing, and less rice cereal, but that's just my humble opinion! It couldn't hurt to try?

Nicole, I feel silly asking, but what does this <3 mean??
#9 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

WELCOME BACK ERIN!!!!! being a 1st time mom i dont know what to tell you except that i agree with Lisa... thats what i do
crazy its feb alreay huh? feels like i just brough kaulini back home from the hospital...

ohh lisa... <3 is a sideways heart
ok kaulini is getting fussy off i go..she wont sleep now that dh is on 12 hour shifts this week. ughhhhh

#10 of 117 Old 02-01-2006, 11:12 PM

THank mamas!! Co-sleeping won't work for us, the bed is just too small and i fell it's unsafe. I am gong to nurse her tonight, even if I have to get up I still only wake up enough to nurse and can fall sleep again real quick, when I'm trying to comfort her back to sleep I emd up awake.

I do mix the rice cereal with BMilk so it's not like I'm giving her water, my only reason for doing it was because she was waking every 1-2 hours and some SIL's said it would keep her belly full and she would sleep better. I still don't know if it works that way.

I've done this before and I can't believe how much I forgot in 5 yrs!! it's amazing how time flies, I'm ging to work on treasuring the moments we have right now and maybe that will make getting no sleep a bit better, so far my additude has been so bad, I have to change that!!

Thanks again, it does feel good to hear from you!!
#11 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 03:22 AM

Erin - you should try The No Cry Sleep solution, that book helps a lot of people with nightime problmes. As far as the rice cereal goes I think you could stop giving it to her and it would be fine. My 1st ds was a horrible sleeper and I totally understand trying everything. I tried that also maybe around 6 or 7 months, it didn't work and I stopped giving him the cereal and then started giving him regular food later on. I think it is just a myth that it makes them sleep any better. Good luck with sleeping, it is so incredibly hard when you have a poor sleeper.

Happy February everyone!
#12 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 05:02 AM

Happy February! Man time flies! I have so many things that I want to get accomplished this month as I hope to be able to get my online store up and running by March. So I have to sew, sew, sew to get some sort of an instock inventory. I have to wait for my labels still, but hopefully they will get here soon so that I don't have label-less diapers. I have to get my resellers lisence and all that other good stuff since I just learned that I could get one! It would certainly be nice to not have to pay sales tax on my fabric and notions from the local stores.

In general everything is good. I am still dealing with the stupid state people to try to get insurance. They denied us coverage for January and Feb because we are supposedly overincome limits. I don't see how they figure that, but whatever!

Adam is getting sick again. I dislike that now that he is in kindergarden he is sicker than he used to be. Oh well, just have to bone up on the old flinstones vitamins. I suppose that means I should buy some more huh? Not looking forward to spring too much because that is mega allergy season for me.

I am looking into sending Harley to a gifted school. How stupid that they have scholarship programs for everything but the gifted private schools. *sigh* I need to find out if there are more than just the one school. I don't really want to have to drive 2 hours round trip twice a day 5 days a week. That is a lot of gas consumption. We will have to see though. I am looking into maybe a 4K program for her for next year, but we shall see. I know that my town doesn't offer this, or I would already have her signed up for it. I will get it sorted out eventually. Maybe I will get lucky and the tuition for the gifted school won't cause me to have a stroke.

Allissa is doing great. She has almost mastered the whole sitting thing. She is still a wee bit wobbly, but who can blame her? She is babbling up a storm and thinks that everything she can get her little hands on should be in her mouth. Thankfully she isn't mobile, so at this point that doesn't pose a problem. She only has access to her links, keys and cloth books, and those are pretty safe.

I am off to throw the last load of laundry into the dryer. Does it never end? I will check back in later. Take care everyone.

Goldie, Mom to 5 my kiddos and forever loving on my fantabulous dh John.
#13 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 05:24 AM

Hey, has anyone else noticed that Amy {HoosierDiaperinMama} is pg again? I pray that everything turns out ok for her this time. Just had to point it out. I guess she has the same due date this time as she did with Reagan.

#14 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldiemom
Hey, has anyone else noticed that Amy {HoosierDiaperinMama} is pg again? I pray that everything turns out ok for her this time. Just had to point it out. I guess she has the same due date this time as she did with Reagan.
Yes, I congratulated her on it the other day!! It is wonderful to see. She will certainly be in my thoughts too!!

Goldie, did you ever try the herbs for Kids for Adam? I have a couple of friends that swear by them and they have an "immune boosting" line. They're supposed to taste good too. You can see them here but I know Frontier Wholesale carries them and I'm sure someone will be running another co-op in the trading post soon!

It's so cool to hear you describe Allissa because she sounds just like Meilana. I really have to get some more things for her to play with, wooden teethers and cloth toys, since she seems to be grabbing at everything! The new shutterfly pics of Allissa are precious. Love that little smile.

I was sick for two days and dh and my mom were taking care of Meilana. I swear she grew in those two days!! It was so sweet though, because when I was good enough to join the land of the living yesterday she seemed so happy to see me and was in the most pleasant mood all day!! It made me feel so loved as a mama
#15 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 11:50 AM

Good morning Mama's!!

Kate learned how to roll over back to tummy on Friday!! She loves to do it, but isn't fan of tummy time, so she just has to figure out how to help herself back over. She does know how to go tummy to back, but hasnt made the connection that she can do both ya know?

We will be trying another Ped next month, hopefully that will go over well. I wish I could get just emergency insurance for the kids...stupid sate requirements.

Anyway..I took the kids to Story-time yesterday, Jack enjoyed it, and Kate has lots to look at.

Im sorry there are so many of you not sleeping well. Kate and I co-sleep (dh who rolls over on me sleeps on the sofa still) so when Kate wakes up a little I roll over and nurse her back to sleep. But for when the waking is less the crib is sidecar-ed to our bed. Lastnightwould have been perfect if the crib was made up. I nursed her then got back up to pee and talk to dh for a while. I was out of bed for about 45 minutes and she hardly moved. I have been hoping for a "nurse to bed time" in her crib then me leaving the room for some cuddle time w/ dh.

Well shes asleep on my lap but I really need to go o the bathroom (stupid coffee) so more later I guess!!

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#16 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

yeah i noticed that but feel akward saying congrats to her.. iwant to but im afraid ill say something wrong...

#17 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 12:04 PM

I PM'd HDM the other day to congratulat her. She has the SAME edd this time.

~Autumn~   Mama to whistling.gif (2001) and hearts.gif(2005) partners.gif madly in love since '99 
#18 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 01:08 PM

Hello fellow Sept mammas!

I posted on the stats thread, but other than that I'm new to this group. I'd been part of another Sept board but I became frustrated with a number of things. I told DH that I was starting to post here in hopes of finding some mome "More like I would at LLL meetings,"!

My baby girl is changing so much these days and it's wonderful to watch. She's not quite rolling over yet but she'll go from her back onto her side and squirm around. She's such a different baby than my son was in that she's happy just hanging out and watching things and I'm still trying to get used to it. In the sleep department, she does well once she's down for the night. Lately it's been taking up to an hour of rocking/dancing and nursing in bed until she'll finally konk out, but she only stirs a few times during the night for feedings and sleeps in until 9 or 10. She's such a cozy co-sleeper that I don't know if I'll ever kick her out even though our original plan was to transition to her crib by 3 months!

Nicholas has turned into such a big kid over the past few months. Between becoming a big brother, starting kindergarten, and hitting a big growth spurt, I feel like I hardly recognize my little boy anymore! He is utterly smitten with his little sister and can't wait for her to wake up every morning. He helps me out with diapering her and bringing me cloths when she spits up. He used to tell me I was his favorite person in the world, but now he says that Lillian is because she's more special!

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)
#19 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 01:24 PM

Kim, welcome! Your gonna love these ladies! Its amazing how fast these babies are growin huh!!!

If you loved our ddc and would like to contine posting in that fashion please PM me.

#20 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 01:28 PM

Kim! You'll definitely find more like minded mamas here. I stay away from all other message boards because I just find them too frustrating.

And, I say sleep with her as long as your mama instincts are telling you to do so. If it's working for you guys and Lillian is cozy, why mess with that? I have a beautiful crib in the nursery that both sets of parents bought us and I can count on one hand how many times dd has used it...and those were just naps! I don't plan on even starting to transition her until she's night weaned, and who knows when that will be! : Don't put too much pressure on yourself, ya know? Looking forward to getting to know you...

#21 of 117 Old 02-02-2006, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

welcome kim!!!!!

#22 of 117 Old 02-03-2006, 12:09 AM

Welcome Kim, I'm just getting back to this board after along time away and I have to say it is so refreshing!

Last night was not too bad, Josie slept 7:45 to 11:20 to 2:30 and then untill 6:45. I think she was awake at 5:30 and went back to sleep with just the pacifier, if I don't nurse her I don't really wake up. For the past week she's been in her crib, but tonight I'm going to keep her in our room after the first wake up. I only gave her rice cereal once today, I would feel almost bad taking it away, she really likes to eat, after every bite she mmm's really loud! It's adorable and it's just alittle cereal with BMilk so it can't be too bad right??

She is starting to become more stable, she sat up for 30seconds on her own today!! Rolling over is pretty funny still, she can get mostly over from back to belly then her arm gets stuck, once she finally gets it free she's tired of being on her belly and can't get back over, although she has rolled that way plenty I don't think she knows what shes doing, it just happens. And the drool holy cow!! I keep her in a bib and she soaks through that and two shirts in a couple hours!! I'm really hoping some teeth pop out soon, that could explain her night wakings.

Well I'm going to catch some zzz's while I still can...........
#23 of 117 Old 02-03-2006, 02:40 AM

Welcome Kim!!!

I have been away from this thread for a long time too, and yes, it IS refreshing.
Trijosie-mama, I agree with curlyfry, I'd step off the cereal. Maybe she is waking a lot due to teething? As they always say (about EVERYTHING), this too shall pass (actually that phrase kinda bugs me...how about "things will change, they always do" ?). I also nurse ds every time he wakes at night and do not think it is a bad habit at all, rather a good one. I know that the more he is sucking, the more milk I will produce, which is crucial right now as he is growing and CONSTANTLY hungry! Plus, sometimes he does just need to nurse for a couple minutes to fall back asleep. It actually makes me feel good that he just needs a little mama comfort and he's back in dreamland. Other times it takes a bit more effort. As far as solids go, I'm holding off as long as possible (although ds tried to dive into dp's PB&J sandwich the other day and got a little taste of PB! ) but when we do start solids, it won't be cereal. Probably some fruits/veggies. I'm thinking whatever we are eating, we'll give him a little taste.

anywho...ds's mohawk just KEEPS growing...UP. I thought it would start to fall to the side as it grew, or that the hair on the side of his head would catch up. NOPE. It's just gotten wider, and sometimes sprawls out like a chicken's head. Here's a pic: Every's hawk

He is also totally into rolling. I can no longer leave him on the bed without sturdy pillow walls all around him. Good thing we just have a mattress on the carpet floor, because he's rolled off twice!

mmm....I made some pinto beans (burrito style...spicy...mmm), with creamed spinach & bacon, cornbread, and applesauce. YUM! I took an inventory of EVERYTHING we have in the cupboards and refridgerator, and am trying to use up as much as possible before going to the store for the big load. I have all of february's meals planned out (took me two d*mn hours), and am only spending $175 (for 4 hungry adults....DP and I are staying with MIL and DP's lil brother). Very proud of myself. Now lets see if we can stick to the menu!

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#24 of 117 Old 02-03-2006, 09:51 AM

Hi Kim, I think you'll like it around here, I know I do

Erin - We have had fruit (organic) the last few days in a row - and like Josie he is really diggin it. We have been taking it slowly (1 tiny jar lasted 3 meals), eating 1 x a day. We haven't slowed on the nursing and he hasn't shown any signs of belly distress. Both of my girls were eating regularly by 3 mo.s (way before I knew better) so I am looking at the food situation as - at least we made it through 4 mo of ebf and he is a happy healthy guy. Also there was another thread around here a couple days ago that referenced (I think kellymom) with ages 4mo - 8 mo as a target for food readiness. While I would've liked to hold out longer I really think he was/is ready.

Amanda doula - I'm a coffee head too, though I am trying to keep my addiction small, how many cups do you drink a day? I fear I'm drinking too many and it's contributing to Taite's energizer bunny awakeness...but I it.

Michelle - Every's hawk is too cute - he has gorgeous eyes btw

Goldie - I was hunting for links to our old school program and the websites have been completely changed so I don't think they would be much help. Do you have any cool charters by you? That would give you some cirriculum influence w/o that private school price tag maybe, hope ya find something you like.

Lisa - sorry you were down for a few, but what a great support system you have.

We had a nasty cold come home from school w the kids last week and go through the whole house - man its amazing how quickly Taite learned to avoid getting his little nose wiped! It only lasted a couple days, thank goodness we are bf, I felt so bad listening to him try to nurse and snorfully breathe in between gulps. I can't imagine having him sick any longer. Hope you are all well.
#25 of 117 Old 02-03-2006, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

oh my goodness michelle..every's hawk is soo darn cute!!!i wish my dd had hair so i could do cute things with it,shes a baldy though welcome back,btw. i hope we gt to talk more
uh-oh kaulini is awake now...gotta jet!
<3,
nicole

#26 of 117 Old 02-03-2006, 10:54 AM

Good morning evreyone, jus a quick question

Why is everyone so opposed to cereal? I understanding wanting fresh veggies and fruits etc... But I eat rice cereal for breakfast when i have time, is it bad for them or just pointless? I figured since I was adding my milk that it was good for her and if not filling her up it is teaching her how to eat.

I have more to ask but we're off to school!! I think we're going to walk and bring the dog, it'l be exciting!!
#27 of 117 Old 02-03-2006, 11:16 AM

Personally I don't think it's that big a deal if she isn't loading up on it. I think the major thing is it isn't nutrient dense and is really just a filler. My older girls ate it as a first food and are no worse for wear. We are on the hunt for brown rice cereal, but will probably stick w/ fruits and add cereal to them later- I know I don't like plain rice or oatmeal I'm not a militant timeline person & think listening to your babe can't be wrong
#28 of 117 Old 02-03-2006, 11:32 AM

Erin...I think if I were to start Lana on rice cereal, I'd use the Earth's Best Organic brand, because at least it's brown rice. I think it's the simple carbs that people are opposed to...just kind of an iron fortified filler and no real nutritional value. When a baby takes in all that iron, it causes their bodies to absorb the iron in breast milk differently. The iron that breastmilk contains is easily absorbed by the body, but not the iron in rice cereal. It tends to be constipating, also. And, the whole purpose of starting solids is to experiment with taste and texture...rice cereal has neither of those. It's been used as a weaning technique and when you're planning on bfing as long as possible, I just don't think it's necessary, yk? I think it's great, however that you're mixing it with breastmilk and not water, so she still gets all that good nutrition.

I'll probably start Lana on a little mashed avocado or carrot...maybe with a bit of the brown rice cereal...but we're holding out til at least 6 months.

Having said that, AP is about listening to your babies cues, so you have to do what's best for you guys!
#29 of 117 Old 02-03-2006, 12:17 PM

Good morning everyone! I am so happy. I got 6 FULL hours of sleep last night. I think it mostly had to do with the fact that I stole back my side of the bed from dh. I could snuggle up to the wall and not have to worry about not having enough room. It seems to have worked out well. At least for last night. I think that dh and I will start to trade spaces every so often though just cause it isn't fair for hog the wall!

I have to say that I am really excited. I made up several diaper liners/doublers and put 15 of them up on ebay yesterday. I started em low so that they would all sell. I am happy to say that they are, but I am most anxious to see what other people think. If you want, I could put a few pictures on my shutterfly site and post the link here so you can see what they look like.

Adam has a field trip with school today. I guess they will be going to another city to see some kind of childrens theatre play. I hope that he enjoys it. Man, inspite of all the sleep I got last night I am still really tired. Maybe I can sneak in a short nap before Allissa wakes up to eat.

I will check back in later. Take care everyone!

#30 of 117 Old 02-03-2006, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

erin, from what ive read about cereal its pretty pointless b/c it fills them up but has no utrition and then they dont take in things they need like breastmilk.
goldie,YAY for sleep hee,here!!def post pics of your dipes..id love to see them!!!
i havent eaten yet today and it 1:30 already..i need to eat!!!ttyl!!
<3,
nicole

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page