February 06 Babies! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 127 Old 04-01-2006, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
yes it has been a time of guilt for me. In my heart I know it should not be but I feel her loss with each little milestone...1st photo shoot,1st doc visit, 1st smile. She was robbed of that.We were supposed to have this fun together and have our girls be best friends..pretty crappy.
#122 of 127 Old 04-03-2006, 08:50 PM

Boycrazy,

I'm so sorry to hear both about your friend's baby and your husband's friend. I can't even imagine.

William is eight weeks old tomorrow. Where has the time gone?!?! We are doing really well... He had his two month checkup on Saturday, and he weighs 10 lbs. 11 oz. (up from 7 lbs. 2 oz.) and is 24" (up from 22"). I am so amazed that my body can keep his body alive--and make it grow! That's so neat. Breastfeeding was really hard for me at first...raw nipples, mastitis, etc. but it is going really well now and has even become a nice time. I never thought it would get to this point! I am glad!!

I have felt really well since his birth (sore at first, of course) but am still bleeding. My MW referred me to an OB last week, so I went in for a checkup and had an ultrasound to see what was going on and to check to see if there was any placenta left in there. There isn't, thankfully, and she thinks it is a hormone imbalance that is keeping the lining from healing...something like that! She gave me a prescription for progesterone and I asked what she thought of me giving my body another three weeks to heal itself and she said she'd be totally comfortable with that... so I'm just hoping the issue resolves itself. Do any of you have any experience with this?

It has been fun to read your guys' updates and see pictures of your little ones! Here are a couple pictures of William:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...n/IMG_2414.jpg

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...n/IMG_2342.jpg
#123 of 127 Old 04-03-2006, 11:25 PM

AnyaK - I'm still bleeding at 7, almost 8 weeks postpartum. Not fun. My ob (actually her PA) said to give it another 2-3 weeks and then come back. She thinks I am doing too much and not giving my body time to heal. Which is weird because I feel great otherwise. Crying babe, gotta run.

April
Mama to and
#124 of 127 Old 04-04-2006, 01:16 AM

Boycrazy: Hugs to your family! That is a lot of stuff to be dealing with all at once. Hang in there and take care of yourself (and each other too).

I had my 6 week appointment today, Asher weighed 11 lbs 3 oz ! He is such a chunk, I love it. I could not believe it was our last visit though, I felt like it all ended so suddenly. I actually cried some on the drvie home, my mw was amazing and I am really going to miss her.

Shall we start a new thread for April??
#125 of 127 Old 04-04-2006, 09:41 AM

Anya--so glad bf'ing is getting sweeter for you! W/ dd1 pp bleeding was done at 2 weeks, but this time it dragged out for 6 or so. William is such a sweetie--I love his hair!

Honeybee's mama-- I know--it's like breaking up or something isn't it? I was fine at the 2 week visit, but a lot more sad after the 6 week one. I'm strangely looking forward to my annual visit in July so I can see them again!

Sherri--how is Gabriella doing with her reflux/meds/tests?? I passed on doing the upper GI while we were in the hospital and we just started Zantac then, but I'm not sure it's helping enough.

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#126 of 127 Old 04-04-2006, 03:50 PM

April77--I'm sorry to hear you're bleeding still too. what a pain, huh!?

We were really sad to stop visits with our midwives too. It almost makes me want to get pregnant again! JUST KIDDING. I am eight weeks postpartum today and I have not thrown up for eight weeks and one day. It is amazing!!!! Our chiropractor is our midwife's husband, and I see him once a week (eventually it'll be once a month), so I still have a bit of a connection... otherwise I think I would be in mourning!

yeah, let's start an April thread! I'll do that...hopefully I'm not just missing that it has been done already...
#127 of 127 Old 04-04-2006, 03:54 PM

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...96#post4880696

here's the link to the April thread...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page