August '05 Mamas...March Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 03:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"Those of you with larger babes, are your babes crawling yet? Cheyne is scooting and rolling to get around, but can not get on all fours yet. He's 19#."

- Ds is 18.5lbs and 29 or so inches and he in not yet crawling, probably because he has never liked tummy time. Though in the week before he turned 7mos. (last week) he started to tolerate it more and goes up on to his hands and feet with his butt way up in the air forming a triangle shape. He does this over and over and ends up going somewhat backwards. He'll usually put one knee on the ground, sometimes two, and then colapse. Mostly he seems to like my cheering
He's very strong, but just doesn't seem to have the know how yet

Mother to Malek 08/15/05 and Sephina 03/11/10 :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 05:36 AM

hi elight! I'm just a ways south of you in Eugene, OR. Welcome! These mamas rock!

OK, Let's see if I can recall what I wanted to say,,, August definitely used to see an early bedtime as a nap. Recently, however, if I just nurse him back down in our bed, he'll go back to sleep until 8 am or so. He'll often wake a couple?/ fuzzy times to nurse but neither of us wakes up much. Then he's just starting to be regular in his daytime naps, usually one nap .75-1.5 hours, sometime between 10-12 , another 1-2 hours around 3-5 and lay him down 7-8pm. We consider this a big improvement, as he never was a great napper before!!

My Poor little guy has pneumonia. We did finally get the chest x-ray after vaporizing, nebulizing, elderflower tea and homeopathics with no results. So, sadly we had to put antibiotics in him today, and we'll get him on probiotics asap. Sheesh, it's hard to make those kinds of decisions! I guess we all just do our best! I am looking forward to having him cough-free!

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
#183 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 11:26 AM

Em decided to make a liar out of me and actually 'crawl' last night about two feet, then back down on her belly and scooting, but she did it..
#184 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 02:40 PM

emmett just started crawling too. no teeth yet
#185 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 03:11 PM

Adam's favorite sound this week is dadadadadadadadadadadada. Upon waking, during playing, during diaper changes, during the middle of the night..... I know the developmental speech things about the "d" sound before the "m" sound, and all of that....but sometimes I just have to say to him with a wry smile "No, Dada is SLEEPING. MAMA is AWAKE with YOU right now at 3 am, dear one." He just grins and says "Dadadadadadadddaddddd" to me again. I need a mamamamamamamamamamamama sometimes in the middle of the night. He was up *six* times last night, in 10 hours.

Kate, I liked NCSS - I took the good parts from it and didn't follow her recommendations exactly, but she's got lots of good stuff in there. How is not nursing before bedtime? I tried it last night - rocked A to sleep instead of the usual nursing, since he was pretty wound up from a neighborhood get-together - and it was a horrible night, though I don't think the not-nursing had anything to do with it. How exactly did you do it, esp. since we have nursed before bed every single night...? I am thinking about trying anything, short of CIO, for a better nighttime. Bedtimes are good, now that we have a stone cold routine - but the nighttime is hard. Our personal best is 2 diapers/2 nursings -- personal worst is 8 diapers in 10 hours and nonstop nursing.....

Eastkygal - ((hugs)) -- it is so hard moving. We do it every so often (dh's job), and I am absolutely awful at making new friends every time. There's still no one here in town that I can go to and hang out with. We're rural -- there are only 2 other kids in town under the age of 3, and the closest organized kids' activities are between 50-100 miles away from my house. I may honestly begin to make the drive next winter to get us out of the house and socializing a little more -- it's been such a hard winter in that respect. I am thankful for MDC, which also helps me get through the week talking to other mamas. Sending happy vibes & prayer your way. I know how you feel!

Jeremy, I am picturing six mamas with six sleds in tow XCS, and you are the WOMAN.

Jamie, my due date is early November (~11/4)! By the calendar, I'm 8 weeks today, and by ultrasound, I'm exactly 7 weeks today. My OB wants to go with the u/s date, which I'm actually fine with -- I know that I'm 8 weeks, but if it means they won't be on my back about being "late" this time since they think I'm a week behind what I am, then fantastic! 7 weeks it is!

Whine: I am so tired and so nauseous - much more so than with A. And the nipple pain when he nurses is excruciating.

Happy weekend, all. Hugs to mamas and sick babies - I'm sorry August has pneumonia, but I'm glad you got the x-ray - hope he will be feeling better soon!

P.S - one more sleep question. Has anyone here who uses cloth diapers switched to sposies at night to help their babe feel drier for a longer spell? I love my cloth, but I'm honestly thinking about it in my quest for longer periods of sleep at night...

Mama to A 8/05 and S 11/06
#186 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 03:39 PM

re sposies at night - with dd, we switched to them at night b/c otherwise she would wake TONS more. she would just pee alot at night, regardless of how much she would nurse. huggies overnights were a godsend. we bought one package a month
#187 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 07:41 PM

Get well soon, August!

We switched to sposies with Lily when she was about 12 months to help her sleep better and it did. One a night, that's it. Annabelle, on the other hand was dry after six hours of sleep last night and cried when I tried to put her on the potty. OK, back to bed you go!

For nighttime, I am sticking to my routine for the most part - changing clothes, going potty, downstairs for reading and nursing, night night sister - and then taking her up to our room for rocking in arms - standing up - and a little Mozart for Newborns. She's been falling asleep after about five minutes (the end of song two) and then needs about tenj more minutes of holding to sleep deeply enough to be put down. Now, if dh and I could figure out how to get into our room without her waking, that would be great. Any suggestions?

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#188 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 08:35 PM

We've done sposies at night almost always...tried cloth at night a few times and it was totally not cool as far as getting sleep, not to mention I'm not that coordinated at night. He stays dry almost all night now, peeing between 4-5 am, and then about 2-4 more times before 7 am. He absolutely will not sleep in a wet diaper sposie or not, which is great. I'm hoping he keeps his wet diaper aversion so we can try EC again this summer.

Sorry poor little August has pneumonia, hope he gets better soon.

I'm still nursing Johnathan to sleep I know Nathan wasn't ready to fall asleep on his own till closer to a year, so we'll see. He's such a light sleeper, which I can't figure out after living in our noisey household you'd think he'd be used to small disturbances by now.

s Emily! Hoping the nausea and soreness are over quickly.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#189 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 09:10 PM

Hey gang! We've been on the road a lot because it's my dh's spring break (he teaches at a prep school and has 3 weeks off in March!) so I haven't had much computer access. Let's see if I can remember what I wanted to add to the last 4 pages of thoughts...

We do sposies at night, absolutely. We used to use 7th Gen, but they "revamped" them in IMNSHO now they suck! I actually loved the shoprite brand that I got when I was at my MIL's. We also nurse to sleep for everything, and many many times in the night. I'm inspired by Kate to try getting her down without nursing on occasion.

eastky, I'm in a rural area (sort of) and while I have other moms around, I really miss having moms whose parenting ideals I share. It's hard to always feel like I have to explain myself. But there are many benefits to living in a rural area. One that I appreciate right now is that it's so much cheaper (we used to live in MA) and so we can live well without working so much. Yeah for time at home! And it's so so beautiful--I love that my dd will grow up in such a beautiful place, like I did.

About milestones, Clara was born 2 months early, so she's actually 9 months, and so sign of crawling here. She's getting really good at sitting up, and she's starting to pull herself up, so I know it won't be long. I'm not worried. One thing that I learned from my experience in the NICU with her (we were there for nearly 4 weeks) is to look at the baby, and not to worry so much what the "expert" is telling you. My lactation consultant would always say, "the proof is in the pudding! Is she growing? Is she happy? That's all you need to worry about!" I think that's some of the best parenting advice I've gotten yet.

We "started solids" about a month ago, but have backed off because she had some BAD constipation. I'm talking almost 5 days with no poop, and she was HURTING! I know she'll be ready soon enough.

Well, I'm off to scrounge up some dinner. to all the mamas and babies having a rough time of it! Spring is on her way!
#190 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 09:12 PM

Yup, we switched to sposies for nighttime when Jonas started sleeping 7+hours at a time. We also go throuhg about a pack a month. Not ideal, but sleep right now is crucial for my mental functioning.

Re getting babies to sleep, for us it's all about the carrier. In fact, I'm getting ds down for a nap as I type (rather a late nap, but better late than never). He's on my back in the MT. I either put him on my back in the MT or on my front in the wrap (so I can pull fabric up to support his sleepy head) and then bounce on the bouncy ball. There's still no way in god's green earth this child is going to fall asleep spontaneously, but this is the next best thing. We have two sitters for a total of 10 hours a week, and using the carrier means they can get ds to sleep easily.

I've also (belatedly) figured out how to nurse in the wrap. WHY HAVE I NOT BEEN DOING THIS FROM DAY 1????? The wrap is by far the easiest to adjust, IMO, no matter how tall he gets. So we're back to being able to nurse in public, which Jonas utterly refused to do for the past 3 months. Thank heavens.

Solids: they're a no-go on this end. We introduced a couple at 6 months, but ds wasn't interested. We gave him a little sweet potato today (7 months) and he gave us the Face of Disgust. Did anyone's older child take to solids later? I know breastmilk is all he needs, but it's still a little disconcerting to have him show no interest at all. (Golly, I'm a product of my culture.)

Commando crawling is a go. He's up on his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. Lots of fun.

Oh, and is it ridiculous to think my 7 month old is trying to say "kitty"? He makes the "kiiii" noise whenever they walk by, and only then. Gets very animated, jiggles around, etc.

Mnt, so sorry to hear about the pneumonia! Healing vibes to you.
#191 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 10:21 PM

Thanks for all of the encouragement about the move. I'm really looking forward to it for so many reasons. I'm not much for city life. I'm just a mountain woman from east ky, and I miss the beauty and simplicity in life there. I've not found many kind city folk here. A very few. I want dd to experience rural life. City life seems so unnatural to me. On that note, there are also good things like Gymboree, Wild Oats, Theraputic Massage, etc... We'll see how it goes.

DD sleeps from about 7 or 8 pm until 6 am. She wakes about 3-4 times to eat during the night. She used to sleep all through the night from about 3 to 5 months, but she stopped. She takes 2 naps during the day, morning and afternoon. She'll sleep between 30 minutes and 1 1/2 hour, depending on her mood. She sleeps better since we've worked on getting her to sleep away from my arms. I think we both needed that really. Sometimes I hold her still or let her sleep in the sling. She has the Fisher Price Aquarium Soother and this helps her to sleep. She can turn it on herself at night. We don't co-sleep. We only have a queen bed, and there's also a dalmatian in it that has slept there for 7 years. Sometimes when she really needs to though, I let her sleep between us. I've not really noticed much difference in her sleep patterns when I do this though.

We had success with eating today again. She had oats and pear juice. I even thought it tasted good. Has anyone else read that they need cereal at this age if they are bf for iron? I read that they no longer can get the iron they need from bm after 6 months.

Thanks again for the encourgaement. I have many decisions to make. I probably will make the drive to Gymboree. I also thought of running an ad in the paper to see if there are nay moms out there interested in forming a group. I don't know, we'll see.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#192 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 10:40 PM

Mnt - I'm sorry little August is sick. I'll keep him in my prayers. Try not to second guess your decisions. We do what we have to do when we have to do it. You've tried the other methods, and if you do this every time something like this comes up, he'll not have a problem with being on antibiotics too much, I'm sure! I've had the problem of second guessing myself before. It's torture.

I forgot to mention that dd's crib is next to our bed, so it is similar to having a co-sleeper. I do have to get out of the bed to tend to her though. That's the plus of the family bed -- babe's right there. Her crib is special too. Her great-grandfather bought it for her a few days before he passed on. I think he watches over her.

Appalachian mountain woman, radical homemaker, homeschooler, childbirth educator, and doula loving her DH and three powerful little femmes. Deladis 8-4-05, Ivy 4-28-08, and Gweneth 7-21-12 HBA2C! hbac.gif  -  blogging.jpg ribboncesarean.gif

#193 of 389 Old 03-18-2006, 11:30 PM

I've thought about switching to disposables at night out of desperation, but am still determined to make cloth work. As of this past week, I have ds in one pf folded in 4ths inside of an ecobaby fitted with an ecobaby doubler, a microterry outside of that all in a bummis wrap, and an Aristocrats to top it off. He looks rediculous, but its been working (though I'm sure he'll out grow it all soon). He lasts from 7pm until 6am without a change and hes a heavy wetter! I'm also considering starting ec as soon as I get my bbp.
-

#194 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 01:35 AM

elight23 - I've found that EC keeps Annabelle dry all through her sleeping, except RIGHT before she wakes. Sometimes she wakes up dry too.

I encourage you to try EC. It has made me and my babe so close and has made her really happy. Plus, she's signing "toilet" now and that's way cool.

Me : living with and loving papa and the kids: Dd1 8/97 , dd2 8/04 and my sweet baby ds 5/09 : :
#195 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 03:08 AM

Hopefulfaith, I noticed there is a U.P. thread! Have you seen it?I have a long post there, as I am in search of a sitter/host family in the Marquette area for 2 nights this summer(I perform with the Pine Mountain Music festival). Would you be interested? It would be awesome to meet you!

To all:....Ok, here's my confession , we don't use cloth...and I go round and round about this all the time with myself mostly...we used cloth, diaper rash, switched to disposables...everything's fine(but I think it was the diaper service that caused the rash). We use non dyed non perfumed...but still the guilt. But then I did so much research beforehand and it seems to be a toss up environmentally, too much water and energy/too much garbage I even found studies done by environmental groups in Seattle...so lately I've been thinking about using a cloth diaper insert inside the disposable just do the diposie isn't on her skin during the day. I bought a dozen motherease ones before she was born. Do I sound crazy or what? It really came down to a $$ issue for us, as it costs us $2 per load of laundry where we live, and only .17 a diaper when using disposies.
AHHHHHHH.

Cori Beth mama of Rachael 4yrs and Deven 3 wks
I had a successful VBAC!
#196 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsunshinemama
My Poor little guy has pneumonia.
poor little guy! i am soooo sorry! hope he gets to feeling better real soon!

treehugger.gif river and mountain mama to two amazing dust.gif girls, homebirth.jpg 8.25.05 and h20homebirth.gif 1.13.08, and married to my soulmate of 18 yrs partners.gif

#197 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 03:25 AM

I too struggle with sleep/nap time. The more tired dd is, the more active she gets. I think she knows though that it is bedtime becasue I make the room completely dark and she settle down and nurses and goes to sleep. Now when I leave her after nursing to sleep, she wakes up with-in 30 mins. and immediatly sits up, I nurse again and then she's out for about 4 hours. She takes 3 short naps (less than 45 mins) during the day. Sometimes I can nurse her back to sleep. She stays in bed from 8:30pm until 8am, waking 3-4 times to nurse, but was also sleeping through the night a couple months back, and this all changed once her teeth began to come in and once she started sitting up and crawling! I feel like I'm never goping to get enough sleep!

Cori Beth mama of Rachael 4yrs and Deven 3 wks
I had a successful VBAC!
#198 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 04:53 AM

Hi Mamas...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/adrien...Hv3kEBp97mQorj

The link is for new pictures. Not sure why I can't get the text right for the link, but oh well...

So sorry to hear about August!!! It's so hard to see your baby feeling bad. We haven't had a cough yet but I imagine it's really hard. Poor thing! Your good mothering and love will make him better, though.

I've been AWOL. It's good to read your posts. Good to see Kitty--although I'm so sorry about the job situation. We've had job drama and it's SCARY. How are things going now?

We use sposies for long periods away from home and for play time (so he can move better). Owen is sleeping well but waking up at 4 am for the morning!!! He's up and ready to play! Anyone else have an early riser? Yikes...maybe we'll try sposies at night to see if he can sleep longer.

I'm having fun squishing up food for Owen to try. Since he's on formula, I want to get some good nutrition in there. He's done well with avocados, sweet potatoes, bananas, whole brown rice cereal. We're going to try mango in the morning. He likes the cereal the best. It's satisfying to have the freezer filling up with fresh organic food for my little sweetheart. I haven't accomplished much else, though. My brain is as mushy as his food.

That's all! Have a great weekend!! More later---

--Adrienne
#199 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 06:01 AM

Thanks mamas, for all your well wishes for August. He actually isn't acting too sick, he's such a trooper! Just some coughing at night and during naps, really. A little cranky sometimes, but who isn't? He didn't ever have a fever, so it is a mild case, luckily. We are getting ready to do some travelling next week, so I hope he's feeling better soon! Any suggestions on probiotics?

We do all cloth diapers, all the time. Except once when we ran out on a yurt camping trip when he was around a month old. Works great for us and we feel good about it! We thought we'd use sposies while travelling, but it turns out cloth is just as easy! We have a couple of different nighttime set-ups, usually a kissaluvs or sugarpeas with a couple of doublers and a wool or fleece cover. No problems with diaper rash and the fleece does a great job of keeping his skin dry. Only major diasper rash was with the sposies!

DH wants me to ask if your babies flail their arms? August seems to do it in various situations, whether he be excited, overexcited? or tired. It doesn't keep him from sleeping, it's just something he does pretty regularly, stiff arms bouncing up and down at his sides. Any of your babies do that?

Sending blessings your way, Kitty! Hang in there!

Cute pics Adrienne! We have some new ones up (link below) of August riding the mechanical horse at the kids store, remember those?

Happy, busy mama of 2 - A (9/05) and W (2/08)
Acupuncturist to pregnant and post partum mamas!
#200 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 01:09 PM

Flailing arms over here! Mostly when overtired and settling down for sleep. I kind of tuck him in under my arm as I side lie to nurse him and move my hand around to deflect him from hitting his head. He seems more frustrated if I try to contain his arm so I just try to not let him pound himself as he flails. Usually only lasts a few moments in his final transition into sleep.

Hope August is feeling better soon. Our little guy is all stuffed up and I'm just trying to keep him comfortable. Interesting about the pneumonia with no fever. I was thinking we were in the clear with our guys due to noone having a fever over 99ish. Hmmm....

I find Udo's infant/children's blend probiotics really useful for the little guy. If anyone else is doing a powdered probiotic for the babes - how do you give it? I used to put it in ebm but it gets all clumpy. Now I sprinkle it onyogurt or cottage cheese.

Kitty - s on all you are going through
#201 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 02:44 PM

For nighttime diapering I use something similar to the FCB Night diapers. Its a fitted diaper with a microfleece inner that is styled like a pocket so I can put in more inserts. I cover that with a nice big wool soaker.

Most nights that works well. I have a few diapers and 2 soakers that fit right now so I rotate. I need to make another soaker.

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#202 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 02:54 PM

Hope little August gets well soon!

As for nighttime diapering, we use FuzziBunz with three Joeybunz hemparoo liners and an Aristocrat wool soaker cover -- and no leaks, ever! It's awesome because Henry nurses all night long, is a super soaker, and HATED being wet in normal cloth.

I do want to try EC -- I wish we had started when Henry was tiny and hated being wet -- but the few times I've put Henry on a potty seat he freaked out. I'm thinking of waiting until it's a bit warmer here. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#203 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 03:49 PM

Unashamed to use sposies here. My kids have so many cloth/detergent allergies it's that much safer, cheaper and easier for us to just use them and be done with it.

I can't remember if I posted the link to em's new pics here or not? At any rate, she's with her daddy right now, and he's having a pity party because of some personal stuff plus the fact that he thinks he's so left out of her development because she's a night owl and does most of her new stuff at night while he's at work... whatever... I won't go into it, but i'm not sure he'd notice if she did something right in front of him...

I'll come back and reread and reply when I'm not in such a foul mood...
#204 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 04:35 PM

Malek used to flail his arms a bunch in past months, but now only when I'm trying to put him to sleep and he'd rather 'talk' and try to convince me that he's not ready for bed. Though when he's sitting up he flails them while banging whatever is in hand at the time.

I would say that its definitely not a toss up environmentally between dispossables and cloth.

I too have some photos to share. Though I lost my camera when Malek was 5mos. and have been using my camcorder since then.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/elight5/album?.dir=/ebf2

#205 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 06:12 PM

Yes, Cheyne still waves his arms a bit, especially when he's playing or when he's excited.

He started saying Dada yesterday. Very exciting to hear him talk. He also began babbling. Just babbles on and on. Cute!

All the baby pics posted on here are sooo cute. I need to get around to posting some current ones. Sometime between changing dipes and washing dishes and doing laundry! Argh

We also use disposable diapers here long story, but we do.

We're going to the ice park today! I love going out and seeing all of the beautiful ice sculptures. This is definently a benefit of living in a cold climate. There's ice slides and a maze for my 3 yr. old to do! Also gonna go check out the Open North American Dog Sled Races downtown. I love, love, love March here in Fairbanks, AK!!!

wave.gifWoHM to reading.gif DD age 10, peace.gif DS age 7, and sleepytime.gif DD age 4 and DP toblueman.gif

#206 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 06:40 PM

OMG, Henry started crawling on his knees today! He's been doing the army crawl for a long time, but now he's crawling crawling. And my DH happened to be trying out our new videocamera at the time!

Formerly New Mama to Henry, born August 2005 and Silas, born November 2010.
#207 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnsunshinemama
Any suggestions on probiotics?

I just bought some of that powdered stuff (Rhino) at the healthfood store a couple days ago, and disolve it in his sippy cup of water. It says one scoop for a 1yo, so I do about 2/3 scoop. It says you can add it to cold foods, but I haven't tried that yet. He doesn't drink much of the water,

Last night, I ground up some soft crock pot beef stew to the consistancy of refried beans, rolled it into little cheerio sized balls, and Johnatan went nuts over them. Even my 3yo was begging me for the "meat balls" and he normally won't even touch beef stew.

Mom to two boys, ages 8 and 11, and one blessing due May 8th.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 baby.gif 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

#208 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 09:32 PM

Katie -- That's great you taught Annabelle to turn off the lights! I was showing Olive how to wash her hands and then she went for the lightswitch. Oops. Gotta be careful.

All -- We just stopped using sposies at night and started to use Kushies. They are AIOs with an extra tab for absorbency. Since we use a diaper service, I'm not sure what it'll be like to have only 7 diapers a week to wash. We also just started to use cloth wipes for pee. We use sposie wipes for poo. So, that's our system for now. We use sposies at the sitter's house, so she's in sposies a lot.
I wish she could use cloth all the time but I'm not going to feel bad about it. Too many things "they" want us to feel bad about as mothers.

crying babe must go
#209 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 11:43 PM

We love our cloth - I was so excited to try all sorts of things with this guy but I am back to our Fuzzi Bunz.

I got to wondering if anyone would be up for a trade? I sure do love trying out new dipes. If anyone is interested, I have a ms bottombumper aio saturn blue and lime green snaps if I remember correctly. Just bought it on the tp and it is a little snug on my guy. I can't remember more of the description about what the inside materials are but it is in great shape, no stains that I can see, contoured liner. What a great design! I'm going to try and find a larger one for this guy. I am a pockets fan but these aio's seem great- like they would dry super fast.

Ds1 was a super soaker and I found a joey bunz inside a trifold premium was perfect, toddler size cpf as he got older. Never a leak and kept in even the messiest poo.

Using Country Life baby formula for probiotics now. We just a flare up of thrush ~ ouch~ and it took care of it in about 48 hours of stepped up use. I think I had gotten a little too "sparingly" with the last bottle. I hate that cost is a factor but at $17 a bottle.

Anybody using any supplements you would recommend? Not sure if I've mentioned it here but Country Life Omega Mom Post-Partum is amazing. I really slacked on all of our vitamins for a couple of weeks and started to notice a difference. Back on the Omega Mom and it really is some amazing stuff!

Both boys are sleeping in bed without me right now. It is the cutest thing! Ds1 usually wants only his own bed but crawled in with me when I was nursing Jack to sleep. Two little "snorers" with their snuffly noses. I've got Jack up on a pillow and it seems to be the only way he can sleep all stuffed up.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/farmli...el%3as,0%3af,1

that is a link to the most recent pic of the two! I have to get the camera out more often!
#210 of 389 Old 03-19-2006, 11:53 PM

Anyone else having issues with their older kids. I posted this on GD:

After more than 2 yrs using the toilet she's pooping her pants

She's not wanting to take the time to go to the toilet and dribbling a little in her pants. She's also pooping a bit in them. Its like she's trying to hold it too long.

If I remind her throughout the day to use the toilet she gets really mad at me and still doesn't want to go.

I let her take toys with her but she still doesn't want to go.

I'm tired of cleaning out her underwear, or worse yet realizing she's done it in public.

Please help me!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page