Mothering Forum banner

AP book suggestion?

533 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  mamatoliam 
#1 ·
Hi Mamas,
I was wondering about a good attachment parenting book? Would love to hear about which books are your favorite and why you like them.
thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
Another vote for Our Babies, Ourselves (Meredith Small). Really helps to tease out what is purely cultural about child-rearing, allowing parents to make informed choices about which bits of culture to accept and to reject. Very well-reasearched!

Dr. Sears' Baby Book is a great reference and primer. Loving Mama is a nice book of essays, but better for the mama who is already doing AP -- might be too heavy-handed if someone is undecided.

#4 ·
The Contiuum Concept. Not ABOUT attachment parenting, per se, but reading that book led me to AP. It's more about instincts, community, and natural parenting (it talks about babywearing, co-sleeping, etc)... and it is THE BEST BOOK I've EVER read about parenting. Seriously. I give a copy to every pregnant woman I know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.