March '06 Mamas--our first monthly thread! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 04-13-2006, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RedOakMomma made the very good suggestion that maybe we could have a monthly thread in this forum, as many of the other due date clubs have done (something I had been thinking about for a couple of weeks). So, here we are!

How about a roll call to start? I could even do a "March '06 Mamas" list on this initial post, to keep track of who is reading/posting?

I'm subscribing . . . how about you?
#2 of 44 Old 04-13-2006, 09:56 PM

hello!! i am definitely subscribing! hope everyone is doing good! we are loving babywearing, wraps, the mei tai, ring sling and a pouch!! all work for different situations and me and emmy are loving it!
#3 of 44 Old 04-13-2006, 11:30 PM

Well, I'll try to check in occassionally. I'll be going back to work Monday. I thought I was getting some short term disability but pg is a preexsisting condition since I wasn't eligible until 6 mo after I started the job and I found out I was PG the day after I took the position.
DD is doing well with some not so good days. She was pretty content with DH wearing her most of the day today.
#4 of 44 Old 04-14-2006, 02:13 PM

Hi I am subscribing too!

Does anyone else feel like thier dc never sleeps? Nate is almost 7 weeks and I feel like he never sleeps. I remember going out to lunch with friends (with babies) and all the dc sleeping through the whole thing when my dd was born, now I am lucky to get him to sleep for a half hour. Maybe it is just mommy brain and I have forgotten how it really was

He is really starting to interact with us, he perks right up and looks around when he hears DH voice. Of course he adores his big sister Abi he smiles and coos at her when ever she gets near him
Erin
#5 of 44 Old 04-14-2006, 02:38 PM

I'm here! I've actually been here mostly since my son was born. I'm glad to be with the March mammas, though!!!

Wendi

Mom to my little super hero superhero.gif (02/06) and our super hero-in-training femalesling.GIF (11/11).

#6 of 44 Old 04-14-2006, 03:43 PM

hello
I am here as well
I tried to start a March momma thread already but I dont think anyone took the bite...*smiles*
I look forward to keeping in touch with other march mammas.

as for baby never sleeping..I was wondering the same about mine, but Oliver seems to sleep ALL the time..lol...I didnt remeber with my other babes him sleeping so much.

Phoenix
#7 of 44 Old 04-15-2006, 01:05 PM

nak... I'm here too! Ivy has calm days and (like yesterday) days of almost no sleep.
#8 of 44 Old 04-15-2006, 02:59 PM

Yay March 06 mamas and babies! Subscribing.

Someone please tell me the meaning of "nak" I have been driving myself crazy for months trying to figure it out.

Anyone else's babe on a poop strike? We haven't had a poop since yesterday morning at 5:30 a.m. More than 24 hours now! We saw our midwife today for the final check, and she was trying to remember when her kids started their once weekly poops - is it now?

She is eating like usual and has lots of pee diapers, doesn't seem particularly uncomfortable - we have farting, just no pooping-
#9 of 44 Old 04-15-2006, 03:52 PM

My 4wk old just broke a 5+ day streak with no poop. I know DS didn't do this until 2 mo or so. It was really stinky too, which I am not used to either. DS poop was stinky but not poop stinky - sweet or buttery popcorn smelly. I wonder if something is upsetting her GI system.
#10 of 44 Old 04-15-2006, 03:55 PM

Hi! I'm Maggie, mom to Megan (3 1/2) and Heidi (3/6/06). I'd love to join the discussion Glad to meet lots of March 06 mamas.

Heidi is doing well. Mostly we're just dealing with sleep-deprivation these days. We're trying to figure out the best cosleeping arrangement for us. So many options. I'm getting tired and sore from falling asleep in the nursing chair when she has trouble latching on in the bed. I'm new to cloth diapering, and have really become addicted.

Monkeymimi - NAK is "nursing at the keyboard" - something I've spent many hours doing, as I'm sure many of us have!
#11 of 44 Old 04-15-2006, 04:15 PM

Aha! Well, a poop after five days is better than no poop at all!!

NAK I kept thinking maybe it was "nursing a Kid" but of course. Many thanks.

Small tot is sleeping so peacefully - I MISS her almost enough to wake her up!!! Silly new mommies.

Here's another ? for my fellow March mommies - have any of you noticed a change in the texture of your hair? This is my first baby, and my hair is going from really wavy/curly to less wavy/almost straight! This will save me lots of $ on straightening, if it sticks, but I do kind of miss my curls-
#12 of 44 Old 04-15-2006, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubianamy
nak... I'm here too! Ivy has calm days and (like yesterday) days of almost no sleep.
: and the strange thing is, she sleeps nights better after she's slept most of the day.

monkeymimi, my hair thinned a bit in pg, so I'm hoping it thickens up soon.

You all are having that few poops?! Wish we could all swap and even things out. DD still poops many times per day (almost 3 weeks old). I thought bf kids were supposed to poop less!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#13 of 44 Old 04-15-2006, 10:27 PM

monkeymimi, my hair went from super straight to wavy after my dd so far it has not changed after having ds.

Maggie I love the name Megan, it is my dd and my middle name

Erin
#14 of 44 Old 04-16-2006, 10:30 PM

Checking in - we are dealing with reflux but an otherwise happy, healthy boy. He is sleeping a 4-6 hour stretch the first part of the night - I have *never* had a baby do that at this age before! Seven weeks today!

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#15 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 10:54 AM

me too! My ds Cprey was due late Feb, but wasnt ready to make his appearence until March 4th.

How do I "subscribe?"
#16 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 10:58 AM

[QUOTE=Mom2Abaigeal]Hi I am subscribing too!

Does anyone else feel like thier dc never sleeps?

Corey sleeps 5 minutes here and there during the day, but he sleeps from 10 at night till 5 in morning, so... not getting much housework done but the sleep is nice!!!
#17 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 11:12 AM

Im here too!!!
Katelyn is doing great- she is one of those sleep-all-the-timers. We have had a few rough days/nights where all she wants to do is nurse, fill diapers, and cry, but thats only been a few times. We have DEFINITELY not had a poop strike here. My mom nicknamed her the poop machine because she poops so much and so... loudly LOL!

I am having trouble with our sling though- its a hotslings sling (redundant?) and it seems like I put her in and it consumes her. It also seems like she can't breathe right in there, she grunts and her face starts turning red (like making a poop).. Can't be right... I want to take her on walks to start getting back in shape, but I can't master this sling thing. :/

subscribing...

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#18 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 11:13 AM

Im here too!!!
Katelyn is doing great- she is one of those sleep-all-the-timers. We have had a few rough days/nights where all she wants to do is nurse, fill diapers, and cry, but thats only been a few times. We have DEFINITELY not had a poop strike here. My mom nicknamed her the poop machine because she poops so much and so... loudly LOL!

I am having trouble with our sling though- its a hotslings sling (redundant?) and it seems like I put her in and it consumes her. It also seems like she can't breathe right in there, she grunts and her face starts turning red (like making a poop).. Can't be right... I want to take her on walks to start getting back in shape, but I can't master this sling thing. :/

subscribing...

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#19 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 11:13 AM

dupe post.. sorry?

#20 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 11:15 AM

hi all! things are good here. noemi is getting bigger and is pretty much out of preemie clothes. her small sized cloth diapers are finally starting to fit so we are finally in cute stuff and out of preemie PFs and proraps, though we use those when the cute stuff is dirty.

babywearing is my lifesaver. i totally love my gypsymama wrap. we use it everyday for several hours at least. at night it helps to settle her down as well. plus, i can so much more done. i figured out how to get her on my back finally, so that makes laundry and cleaning much easier!

the only problem with babywearing is my addictive personality! i have way too many carriers. i went nuts trading stuff and selling stuff and now i am going to have to figure out what i really love and get rid of the rest. so hard to do.

big sister abby is doing great. no jealousy whatsoever. she is very helpful and loving to her baby sister and i love to watch her with her. can't wait until noemi is bigger and they really interact.

hope everyone and their new babes are doing good!! we are off to get a nap before abby wakes up!
#21 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 11:20 AM

kellykins,

i am not too fond of pouches for newborns because i can never seem to get them in really comfortably. i like adjustabilty for newborns. i really loved my pouch for the hip carry though when abby was bigger! so easy during that pick me up/put me down/pick me up again stage!

have you tried wraps? they are a bit tricky, but a stretchy wrap would be great! mobys are nice for small babies and are pretty user friendly. you can usually find them on the TP and they are only $35 plus shipping new. i have one, but am liking non-stretch better now, plus my non-stretch is soo much cooler and it is hot here!

i would get a moby if i were you. you can put it on and "pop" the baby in and out. the other choice would be a gypsymama balibaby stretch (seems very cool/thin) or a hotmama wrap(it is hemp jersey, a little warmer then gypsymama and cooler than moby). since you can sew, you could get some cotton gauze and make your own non-stretch really easily! www.mamatoto.org

hope you find some kind of babywearing device you guys can use and love!!
#22 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 11:23 AM

kellykins,

you could also put a baby blanket or 2 in the bottom of the pouch so she is higher up in it. or have you tried having her sit in it like this? i like to have her like that in the pouch, but not laying down.

you can see her in other wraps and even a mei tai here.
#23 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariposa
kellykins,

you could also put a baby blanket or 2 in the bottom of the pouch so she is higher up in it. or have you tried having her sit in it like this? i like to have her like that in the pouch, but not laying down.

you can see her in other wraps and even a mei tai here.

Just wanted to let you know what beautiful children you have! ( but I am sure you already know this,lol)
#24 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 03:15 PM

I'm here too! I haven't been able to post much lately, too busy. DD is doing well, we're dealing with some reflux and colic issues, but it's getting better. She'll sleep 4 or 5 hours at a time, so I'm not feeling too sleep deprived. She does want to be held all the time, and hates all slings and carriers. Hopefully this will improve, because I can't get anything done!
#25 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 03:23 PM

This isn't my "month," but I noticed there hasn't been a January '06 Mamas thread...or has there, and I've just been missing it? I did a search for January and one didn't come up...

stillheart.gif = Pariah, Super Mom + The Amazing Wiggy (1/06)superhero.gifangel.gif  (6/08)  52 Projects: 0/52  Decluttering Challenge: 37/2013

#26 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 06:47 PM

Also doing the weekly poop thing. It's fine as long as baby doesn't seem uncomfortable, and it's the usual consistency when it does come. Often it will be a whole whole lot when it does.

Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06
#27 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 09:59 PM

Mariposa, I'd probably be interested in taking a baby carrier or two off your hands when you decide...PM me if you are interested in selling.

How did you figure out how to get her onto your back? I have a homemade wrap that I keep trying to use to get Ben on my back but I can't get him stable enough to get the wrap around him and me.

To the mama who said she couldn't figure out her sling - get thee to a LLL meeting. The in-person help is invaluable, and that's your best bet for finding it, unless you have an API chapter or a babywearing group nearby. Also, go to http://www.mamatoto.org

#28 of 44 Old 04-17-2006, 10:02 PM

Pariah - start one! Although I'm sure you'd be welcome here if you'd like...

#29 of 44 Old 04-18-2006, 06:53 PM

I'm Jessie and Elizabeth is 4 weeks old today. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast!! She is growing so big and pretty much sleeps and eats all day and night with a few awake moments. We are definitly not on a poop strike, she still poops at least 10 times a day!! Every diaper is a dirty one, I'm hoping it'll slow down soon! She is a very calm and sweet baby, hardly cries at all, thankfully, because my other 2 kids have been acting up enough for all 3 lately. I'm looking forward to when it warms up a bit more and the kids can spend more time outside!! Hope everyone is well and enjoying their babies!! I haven't had much time to spend on the computer lately but I am hoping to stay caught up with everyone that was in our due date club. to everyone.

Jessie

Jessie (29) mom to Emma (2002), Anthony (2004), Elizabeth (2006) and Ava (2008) and someone new 2010
#30 of 44 Old 04-20-2006, 10:59 AM

Hi everyone! It's so nice to see you all here!

Glad to hear others are experiencing days of no baby poop....Noah seems to be on a poop, then skip two days routine. What a mess when he finally lets it go!

He's still a nursing machine...last tuesday he was 13 pounds!! It's sad to be out of the 0-3 stuff already.

Time to go....baby calls! s to you all!

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page