June mommas with our 10 and 11month olds!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
O.M.G. Grace! : Joey bonks too! I never heard of another baby doing that before! AND we say "bonk" for it too.

Joey's vocal, but it's a lot of vowel sounds. She's recently started "blah" and "baaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" but it's mostly "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH H"

Oh, and she can show you were everyone's nose but her own is. :

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#122 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonAnne
O.M.G. Grace! : Joey bonks too! I never heard of another baby doing that before! AND we say "bonk" for it too.
Well, add us to that list!
Cully does the same thing. "BONK" and he headbutts whatever is right there. Usually my forehead
#123 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 03:22 PM

The three of us were really sisters in a former life. Seriously.

#124 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 03:30 PM

Hey! We totally invented that game! You guys just stole it, man!
#125 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 03:53 PM

Uh, no...WE totally invented that game.

Get out of my head. Both of you.

:

#126 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 03:53 PM
mcs

eisa has quite a lot of words, but she doesn't use them consistently. she sais mama and papa, cat, glasses (these sum up the joys of her life) and her own verision of "cheers" while we touch our food togather. she also repeats the sing-song of certin sentences that she likes, which is hysterical. when our friend was here i said "ok siggy are you ready?" and eisa sais "ohoh sisisi rare?" or some such nonesence.
according to my mother, my sister were really advanced verbally- she said that when my sister at 10 or 11 months, she sat her on a counter and she said to the woman who wasn't paying attention "hey yayde" and the woman said "oh, she sounds like she is saying hey lady!" and my mother- "yes, she is."

on the other spectrum- hilger only said "mum" until he was three. they really just thought that he was "stupid" till one day he walked into the kitchen and said a whole sentence. his mother dropped the bowl she was holding and it scared him so badly, he didn't speak for again for a week.
now, he speaks four languages.
also- the other day on the radio, i heard that a new study shows that in many cases, later skill developments are "better"- this is presumably b/c the brain has had more time to watch and learn.
it is still hard not to worry a bit though- remember when i was worried that eisa wasn't eating her toes! haha! ok, off of the computer.......
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#127 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 03:58 PM

raising my two sunshine children.

#128 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 04:05 PM

Michelle, I was half a step ahead of you I emailed my Bradley instructor this morning and heard back from her a few minutes ago. As it stands right now I am NOT going to be a Bradley instructor. She's had way too many issues with them for me to give them $2000 to get certified and then deal with those same headaches. She's even, apparently, had to threaten legal action over something. She didn't get into too much detail over that, but, basically, she's very unhappy with the Academy and is thinking of jumping ship.

She did mention another CE course that's starting up in our area though, that I'm looking into.

I have the Childbirth Education bug, now.

#129 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsGrace
Hey! We totally invented that game! You guys just stole it, man!
Um, helloooooooooo....I was playing that "bonka bonk" game with my DAUGHTER 7 years ago. I will PM my address so you may all forward your royalties to me. :
#130 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 05:21 PM

Geez Emmy...my paypal is totally on zero balance right now....
#131 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 05:59 PM

ugh.......so....we didn't get the house. someone already put in an offer last night before we went out to see it and failed to tell our realtor! i figured it was too good to be true anyways. this is the second time this has happened! our realtor sets up times for us to see houses and they're already sold! you would think that the selling realtor would let ours in on that info. it would sure save us on gas and definitely be less stressful to me so i won't get my hopes up. *sigh*

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#132 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 06:14 PM

Oh! Bummer, Anne! House shopping is so hard because of all the hopes and dreams we have tied up in our homes We're talking about probably fixing up our place enough to sell and then building our "last" house, the one we will raise our family in. So now I'm trying not to obsess over land...

And, when is everybody coming to Washington again? I can't remember!

Ok, I'm off to tinker around in my garden while the boy naps...
#133 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamohumm6
Um, helloooooooooo....I was playing that "bonka bonk" game with my DAUGHTER 7 years ago. I will PM my address so you may all forward your royalties to me. :
Ok! You win!! Are you happy now? I'll tell Titus to cough up his secret stash of money for ya

Speaking of which, the other day Pat was "watching" him and let him play with his wallet. And all the change in it. I walk in the room and ds has pennies in each hand. : : : Can you say "dirty choking hazard"?!?

Oh yeah, Charlotte, we got our brand new king sized bed off of Craig's List, still int the plastic, from a furniture store that went out of business for $300. It's still alot of money, but waaaaay less than retail. It makes co-sleeping a joy instead of a hassle
#134 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 06:39 PM

babies and change don't mix. glad Titus didn't choke!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#135 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 07:20 PM

Grace, I am going to be in Seattle from August 11-15. I think those are the right dates....it's looking like Thursday to Tuesday, and I will be in conference Sat/Sun/Mon all day. HOORAY AMAZON.COM.

So I have a piano student that is a kid in Sam's class. Today was his first lesson. He is a WONDERFUL kid, really bright, a good friend of Sammy's, and has had some problems in school with severe anxiety, depression, etc. He also has learning disabilities, but they aren't sure of the extent yet. He has severe dyslexia that they are absolutely sure of. Some of the things I was teaching him were harder for him to grasp, but then after watching him for a bit, I moved on to another thing - instead of teaching him the standard first song, I was experimenting with chords with him. He's REALLY good at it. He can pick out chords like someone that's been playing for a few years, and when I let him have his "composer" time, he actually picked out little songs that were *really beautiful*. So I'm trying to figure out how best to teach this little boy. I really feel like he's got some hidden talents in there, not to mention the help that music can bring to his learning disabilities. This is going to be interesting! Plus, he LOVED his lesson. I mean, really really really enjoyed it. I hope I can make it work for him.

Bummer about the house Anne - you'd think the realtor would be aware of things like that :
#136 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 08:42 PM

sorry anne...that really stinks!

got a loose cable somewhere....be back later...puter being slow and crotchety
#137 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 09:04 PM

I never played the bonk game, we do 'kiss' that way. But with both boys, we did smile and say "bonka bonka" anytime they fell and looked up for reassurance (you know, not really hurt, right mom?) and they'd laugh.
#138 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Oh anne house shopping is the pits! I am so glad to be done with it and you'll be done soon! I would fire that realtor though! That only needs to happen once and he or she should know to check before showing them! Who knew buying a house was so cut throat?

Wow DH is sick now! and I'm feeling a little quessy (bama how should I spell that? )

Noley is still so thrilled with peek a boo! But we do UH OH!!!!! for about every travesty!

Well I have to get going I don't feel so great and I want to sleep!
#139 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 10:27 PM

Bonnie...Queasy.
#140 of 320 Old 05-02-2006, 11:05 PM

it wasn't our realtor's fault. it was the selling realtor who failed to inform ours. our realtor is awesome. she sold us the house we're in now. we've seen atleast 12 houses so far and the few that we liked a lot have already been sold, go figure:

#141 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 09:25 AM

ok, ive had to skim through the posts so that i could reply!
bmama: leave my spelling alone, although you usually hold good restraint

Louis is saying nothing but a weird grunt......all the time, its tim the tool man style...mathilda was also a slow talker. he also is not a co-sleeper he slept with me one night this week when he was sick, so when he was better i tried again, the kid just sits in bed and tried to crawl off (which he can do) but on the other hand my 4 year old still loves sleeping with me

Lost: never watched an episode as it involved a plane crash, but six feet under i love.

emmy: dont need to apoligise for tv watching, im the gilmore girls fan HAHAHA, beat that for cheesy!

anne: sorry about the house, that is such a dissapointment

SA: im sure the bradley thing would be great, is it something you would like to do in the evenings and move away from the buisness or full time?

Michelle: congrats on the engagement!!!! im very happy for you, it sounds like coming back was the healthy thing, but coming home was always hard for me, its like you never really belong again.

mcs: are you still using your wrap sling? im using the hotsling on the hip alot, but i want some sort of back carry, still cant get him into it right

ok, louis has been tryi ng to sleep for 1 hour, he hasnt had any nap all day (now 14.30!)
#142 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 10:13 AM

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!! Rise and shine everyone!!!

No I'm not typically a cheery morning person...I just seem to be the first one on after Nancy!

I hate dreading chores....I have to clean out our Gas Grill today....Not gonna be f un. Something in there got everywhere and the other day i was trying to cook hamburgers and i look out there and it was a raging inferno inside there. Scary...I am scared of natural gas! So our poor hamburgers were on fire...we had chicken instead!

How did everyone sleep?
#143 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 12:03 PM

hi mamas... i'm back from the cottage and i've read the whole thread, but no time to reply! i'm starting summer school classes today, so i'm straight back into the grind. sigh!

istra was sick last night... threw up all her dinner within 2 hours or so. it was so strange, she just laid in my lap and didn't cry and occasionally rolled over and puked in my hand. after the 2 hours or so she just went to sleep. she's okay this morning; acting totally normal and happy. i think it might have been something she ate (as in, the cheese I fed her with her spaghetti)... but who knows.

i think she has some words, but i'm not sure. i think she's said "kitty", "dada" and "light" and "hi"... but she doesn't do it very often so I'm not sure.

all for now...
#144 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Noni sounded like he was trying to copy me. (I didn't use the word I wanted because I'm to lazy to figure out proper spelling! ) I was saying Buh bye daddy I love you and he was making the dada part and then sounded like he was trying to say love you! Probably my ears playing tricks but he probably is trying to talk! It is human nature to want to communicate!

Anna that is to bad anyways and I know what its like!

Well I have to get going! We are feeling a little up and down here but I haven't actually been sick.

Well have a great day!
#145 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 12:59 PM

OMG! Dd just colored the living room carpet with a yellow marker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
#146 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 01:06 PM

bama: oh no!!! Please tell me you only allow the washable markers in your house! They are so easy to get out (at least as far as clothes go and the walls). I'm not a domestic goddess to I have no other offerings as far as how to get it off. We'd better take a collection up for you for those crayola color wonder markers that only color on the special paper. They were wonderful last summer when we had them at a wedding. Didn't have to worry about them coloring their dresses.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#147 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 01:49 PM

I took a massive handful of baby wipes and scrubbed at it...it is now fairly faint on the silver carpet

~SIGH~~

If you're gonna take up an offering, I want one of those big Hoover Steamvac Carpet Scrubbers!!
#148 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 02:27 PM

Check the manufacturers website. They often have tips for how to get their products out of carpets, clothing, etc.
#149 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 03:02 PM

It's not really noticeable now...and you can barely see it under all the toys!!
#150 of 320 Old 05-03-2006, 03:36 PM

Ok, here's a confession/vent.
I'm really starting to hate nursing! I wish it was different
Titus is just sooo intense, and I'm tired of being sucked on all night long. My nipples feel like they're constantly healing form some bite or blister or something. Parenting him has given me the patience of a friggin' saint, but I feel so tapped out.

I find myself countingt he days till I can night wean him :
And I'm secretly jealous of all the dcs here who have already weaned : Titus still goes days with eating any solids at all, he's a boobie man all the way!
I love the idea of nursing him till he's two, but this all night waking and eating thing is taking it's toll on me.

He's been having his normal terrible nights again and I'm just sick of it. I'm sleeping in 45 mintue chunks again :

Maybe if I night wean him we'll sleep better. And maybe it will help our nursing relationship last longer if I'm not so resentful and have some boundaries. So, that's the plan right now as soon as Pat graduates in June and can help with the night time parenting. Please don't be mad at me, guys! I know he won't even quite be a year old by then, and that it will be Ugly when we do it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page