June mommas with our 10 and 11month olds!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mmmmm, bodily fluids....
I've spent the day shoving solids down the boy's throat, we'll see if it pays off tonight!

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon for my retreat, so I won't be around to jibber jabber with you all

I love that we're all becoming Lost freaks
#182 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 10:33 AM

Grace, just so jealous!

Davina, seriously no one ever warned us about all this stuff! It is UNbelievable some of the things we encounter in a single day's time

Schuyler woke at for a bottle and then slept all night! woohoo!! And dd slept all night in her own bed!! I actually got about nine hours of sleep! I can take on the world!

I have actually been hanging pictures all morning!!

Why is it when Schuy pulls stuff off the endtable onto his head, he acts offended about it?? He does it a million times a day! he should expect it by now!!
#183 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 02:21 PM

page two>????????????????? Come on people!!
#184 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 03:27 PM

DH and I are having a difference of opinion. My grandfather passed away this morning. I'm sad, but he has really been suffering these past few months and now he is not in pain. That brings me some comfort. Anyways, his funeral will be Monday or Tuesday depending on when the oot relatives can make it here. DH does not want to take the 5 and 3 year olds to the funeral. M is very tenderhearted, though not very close to her great-grandfather, and would probably be more upset at seeing my mom crying. Of course, this leads into the question of what to do with them. How do you find a babysitter during the day?? His sister works just 2 days a week: Mondays and Tuesdays. Can't ask her. I suggested seeing if M's preschool (which also has a daycare attached) could take Maddie and Ellysia. DH had a fit. He's very anti-daycare. I just don't know what to think. Sorry to vent.

Otherwise, Claire is finally getting her top 2 teeth to drop in. She crawls around the house blowing raspberries and laughing. She's our little snail because she's such a drooler she leaves a trail where ever she goes.

Anyone else watching the Texas Ranch House on PBS? Or too many people watching Lost??

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#185 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 03:31 PM

Well......If he doesn't want them to go to daycare for two whole hours,
God forbid, then tell him he can take off work the whole day and watch them so you can go be with your family.

No TV on here...kids are sleeping, i''m scarfing Lean Cuisine!
#186 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 03:55 PM

raising my two sunshine children.

#187 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Well I have to be brief! First my room looks AWESOME easily my favorite in the house now! Secondly I saw lost WTF!!! I can understand what hes doing I think?! Some of it!

Well Noni keeps bumping his head on the coffee table!
#188 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 04:45 PM

MCLisa, I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. As for the kids, I'm with Bama -- if DH doesn't want them at the funeral, and doesn't want them at daycare, what are you supposed to do? I think it's his problem -- and for what it's worth, would probably take them to the funeral myself. What a bummer.

Miles is still sick, throwing up nothing twice today.

And I am still boggled by how well Danny is sleeping in the playpen. Today he crawled around in there for a while before laying down to go to sleep, something he has never done anywhere else. I'm recommending all those with sleep problems to try this -- a playpen in a remote area of the house, with white noise and a quilt in the bottom for comfort!
#189 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 10:00 PM

Ok..I cannot begin to tell you how much puke I have cleanedup out of the carpet today. We are in serious need of a carpet cleaning now. I told dh as soon as we could, we were gonna buy a carpet cleaner and then put down wall to wall rugs!!:

It really isn't puke persay....just tons of spit up. He is the neverending fountain.

Where is everybody else?
#190 of 320 Old 05-05-2006, 11:25 PM

I am looking for my birth story. I really thought I saved it somewhere...
#191 of 320 Old 05-06-2006, 07:04 PM

#192 of 320 Old 05-06-2006, 07:25 PM

We went to the big aquarium nearby, and then ate the best honest to god mexican food I have ever touched. THen we came home and dh went to bed. He worked last night and didn't get to bed til 430 today! Needless to say he was a bit grumpy when he got to bed.

Kids are biding their time til bedtime...then I have a huge fs list to post on the TP!

Where in the world IS everyone, mamita? Our thread is completely dormant these days!
#193 of 320 Old 05-07-2006, 12:36 AM

first off, bama, forgive my typing as i have been partaking in rum and diet cokes. not drunk but typing is slightly impared dh and i are having quality time while ds sleeps did you know that if you mix orange bacardi and diet coke it tasted like an orange crush?
we've been out all day trying to find a place to trade in dh's car. anyone want a 04 grand prix gt2, fully loaded with leather and only 18,000 miles? we've decided we want to off load it so we can afford more in terms of a house payment. we also rearranged out living room so Spudlet can see out the window. so far, it's gone well. i think he's really going to enjoy having more space to play and i'm going to the farm store to pick up a bird feeder tomorrow to hand on the porch so he can watch birds.
also...excitement of the day. i won a brand new pair of Robeez off ebay today: : they are so fricken cute. if you click on my blog link i've got a picture of them up. ds will only wear Robeez or Bobux. he's picky. so anyone who's looking, ebay has a huge selection and they're awesome. if i hadn't won the auction i did for the Robeez, there are some super cute Bobux for only $20 plus 4 for shipping. i paid $28 for ds' in the store. Bobux are softer than Robeez but i think the Robeez wash better. Hopefully they will getr here by Tuesday since we discovered today that ds's hand me down Robeez no longer fit him with socks on i hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
oh yeah!!!!!!!! puke. we have a ton of it here. that's why i need to have more than one pair of shoes for ds. he puked on his only pair of Robeez today. thankfully we have hardwood floors throughout the house so cleaning up puke or poops is really easy.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#194 of 320 Old 05-07-2006, 12:19 PM
mcs

ugg.
we got back at three in the morning from a fast trip to ohio to help with the newest family chaos. short story- my brother is now in a phyc. ward- good.
eisa and i are leaving tomorrow for florida. i read everything- hopefully i can write more later.
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#195 of 320 Old 05-07-2006, 12:26 PM

wow..mcs. what drama!!

enjoy florida!

anne...lol!! you cracked me up with your impaired typing skills!

I got a whole night's sleep again! I have no idea how to act. he seems to be doing it a little more often these days.

Where is everyone else? Grace should be getting back from her retreat soon!
#196 of 320 Old 05-07-2006, 02:32 PM

: constipated baby. we tried some pasta and veggie baby food the other day and he didn't poop all day yesterday. today it's nothing but little poo's. he ate a whole container of prunes for lunch though so here's to hoping we get a "present" soon

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#197 of 320 Old 05-07-2006, 02:35 PM

uh oh anne...keep shoveling the prunes, and maybe add some baby oatmeal cereal in...that should do it!
#198 of 320 Old 05-07-2006, 10:47 PM

Uh Oh.......Ok guys, a full EIGHT hours have passed with nary a post on our poor neglected thread! what is up ?

I have a new friend...she's all ap and crunchy! We are going out together tomorrow to the aquarium...woohoo!
#199 of 320 Old 05-07-2006, 10:50 PM

bama, i'm jealous. i want an ap cruncy friend irl too i hope ya'll have fun tomorrow.

#200 of 320 Old 05-07-2006, 10:55 PM

seriously, dd's ENTIRE infancy i had ZERO friends with babies. All my friends had big schoolage kids. They could barely remember stuff. When I would call and ask for baby advice, they would be like, "Ummmmmmm....uhhhhh. I think I remember one of my kids doing that....I think"

I was so alone. then we moved when she was 14 mos. She was not quite two when ds was born, and I still didn't have a ton of friends.

Up here, this is the first time I have had access to LLL, etc. I just literally ran into my neighbor a couple weeks ago and we started admitting things to each other , like" He hasn't had any shots" and I was like NO WA"Y, neither have my kids!!!

A beautiful friendship was formed. Just try to get out there...go to meetings. Call the hospital and the library and see if there are any playgroups advertised. Surely something would crop up!
#201 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 09:10 AM

bamamom: where abouts do you live?

The funeral is today. DH convinced his SIL to come watch M and E this morning. To that solves that.

He got a couple of stares yesterday. There is a park just a couple of blocks from my parents' house so he volunteered to take some of the kids over there. All girls: 10,7, 5, and 2 are 3 years old. Some one asked him if all 5 were his. I told him he should have taken Claire and Hunter too and then he could have had 2 1year olds.

Off to get ready.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#202 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 09:10 AM

OOOOH!!! First post of the page!!

#203 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 09:42 AM

Mclisa....I live in E Tennessee.
#204 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 10:28 AM

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Friday night our sitter came and dh & I went to a 30th birthday party dinner at a tapas bar. The friend of mine who's birthday it was has been living in Amsterdam for the last couple years, and came back to the US 6 months ago when he & his boyfriend split up, and it's been several years since I've seen him. I hate when it takes so long to get together with someone. : It was great to catch up, and it was nice to dress up and go out!

Saturday we threw the kids in the car and headed down to the south shore to stroll the beach, climb the rock jettys, and daydream about houses we want to buy. Cully is going to be such a water rat - he was clapping for surfers, waving at the water, growling with the waves, and struggling to get out of our arms and into the sand/water. I can't wait for summer when the water is actually warm enough to let him play in.

We did some shopping, I repotted some plants, went to the playground, and Alex & Sammy built a robot out of an old computer mouse. We had an awesome weekend, and Alex had Friday off so that made it even better. Hopefully the warm weather is here to stay!
#205 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 12:57 PM

morning ya'll! back to the Monday grind. ugh. i hate when dh has to go back to work.

nothing too exciting. just a rainy blah type of day. perhaps we'll have more of an update later...

#206 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 04:04 PM

1st chance to get to the computer...baby has nasty cough and lots of mucus. Can't decide if it's bad enough for a doctor visit or if it will clear up on its own.

Know what you mean re: lack of friends. I have one good friend here who is sick of hearing about baby stuff and am looking forward to making some babyfied ap friends.
#207 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 06:41 PM

anyone's dc's teeth come through all at once? this is terrible. he's not a happy camper at all. he's finally napping with the help of hylands teething gel

#208 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabellee
anyone's dc's teeth come through all at once? this is terrible. he's not a happy camper at all. he's finally napping with the help of hylands teething gel
Istra had no teeth up until 9.5 months. Now at 11 months she's got 6.. they're just coming in one right after the other and she's not a happy camper either. I didn't find Hyland's worked... we've given her Tylenol but only when it's really really bad.
#209 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 07:31 PM

#210 of 320 Old 05-08-2006, 07:40 PM

DD only has her two bottoms in, but I think she's getting the other next two in as she's been incredible cranky the last week. It's next to impossible for me to look in her mouth to see, though, she's super stubborn about letting me look in her mouth.

So, who else has walking kiddos already?? I feel like everywhere we go people are so shocked that Katelynn is walking. She's been walking since 8 months!!! Just wonder ing how many other June babies are walking around...

Jenn, future midwife, mama to 2 sweet girls (6/05) and (5/07). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page