June mommas with our 10 and 11month olds!!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-11-2006, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow mamita...organic food dcare where i came from would run you $600 + a month!

I just missed the first 30 minutes of LOST!! Did someone see it who could pm me with a super brief who done it?? And did anyone see at the end, it said episodes of lost are now available free at ABC.com ??????

Anyone here have any Medium Fuzzi Bunz they would like to sell or trade for?? I am desperate! I also need nylon soft pull on pants for covers. Anyone??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2006, 09:57 AM

that Lost was faaaaaaaaaaaantastic!!!! I called my sister no less than 3 times to say "ohmygoddidyouseethat?!?"

mother's day - not much planned. I am going to get a massage at noon, and then Sam's dad & Alex will probably take me to dinner with the kids. I love the confused looks we get with that one (we do it for father's day, too).
Old 05-11-2006, 10:08 AM

raising my two sunshine children.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:19 AM

that's crazy that it's so expensive there, bama. i go to an awesome organic fruit/veggie market nearby, and it's pitifully cheap. yesterday i got:
3 pears
2 red onions
1 head red leaf lettuce
1 acorn squash
2 tomatoes
1 lb lo mein egg noodles
bean sprouts
snow peas
red bell pepper
green bell pepper
pizza dough

for $14

the red pepper was like, 28 cents. in the supermarket they are about $1.89 each. I freaking love that place.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Wow I am babysitting my friends children today! WOW busy busy busy! I have to intervene over crayons!

Well I never did a lot for my mom but maybe got her plants or something! But I definitly think that every mom deserves to sleep in! Have a nice home made bfast or anything she wants! Its one day! For fathers day we get all the ingredients for eggs benadict and make my husband that and let him sleep in! Seems fair!

So last night we let Ali go to a playgroup with the people at the church next door! It was interesting to say the least. All the woman wore skirts and talked about their tiny houses and their boys that all slept in one twin bed! Now I am accustom to diversity but I felt very much like everyone was judging me that I wasn't wearing a skirt and Ali was in her PJ's! Not to mention they all had about four to five or more children! ATLEAST!!!! Again not against it just felt judged because they were all appalled that I left my son sleeping with his father!

Daycares around here are NOT organic! But they are somewhere around 100-110 for full time infants. around 80 for toddlers on up and about 40 for school age children. Its expensive though no matter how you slice it! No matter what the rate is the income is adjusted to suite!

Well I have to go my friends daughter is being a bit pushy! Ali is whining and Noley is sleeping (bless him!) and Curtis is not far behind the girls! I can't imagine having this many children!
Old 05-11-2006, 12:29 PM

angel, anybody with 4 or 5 kids like those women should have been impressed and gladfor you thatyour dc was sleeping w/your dh. geez

dcare...when i worked in it..about 90 a wk for babies...less for older

super top of the line w/organic food, video cameras, etc, 600 month
Old 05-11-2006, 01:04 PM

emmy-so jealous of the food market! i could never get anythign like that for less than $30 here.

daycare-decent day care around here runs about $100 a week. that's for the nice Lutheran day care up the street from my house. it's difficult to find trustowrthy day care around here as many people aren't licesensed (sp, yes bama, i know) organic food around here is still very expensive and i don't think day care serves it as most people in the town cannot afford to buy it.

no mothers day plans. i figure if dh wants to suprise me then cool. i'm not holding my breath though

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
Old 05-11-2006, 02:35 PM

Hi guys!

Totally behind here...I've been si-i-ick! Barely functioning over here :

But, today I'm finally geeling somewhat back to normal. I haven't thrown up since I was in labor, and I was having LOTS of flashbacks and I resolved to get an epidural next time! It's amazing how much you forget the pain, until it all comes rushing back to you with a nasty smell.

I am still hoping to run my 5k this Mother's Day, but at this rate I'm just hoping to be fully functioning by then!
Old 05-11-2006, 02:39 PM

Ooh Grace, that would be bad...you'd run, then puke, ew. I wouldn't try it. Not the whole 5 K anyway!!!

Schuyler can offically climb the stairs now......I am not too thrilled with this latest development. Once I turned the corner and he was sitting at the top of the stairs pretty as you please!! no way to gate the bottom of the stairs, although we have the top gated.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:12 PM

ah, grace, you poor thing. i hope you feel better quickly!!

i am astounded at the daycare prices where you guys are. do you know how much it would cost me to put cully in a decent full time daycare around here? $300/wk. a week, not a month. that's $1200 a month.

see why I work from home?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:38 PM

OMG emmy!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
Old 05-11-2006, 07:39 PM

$300/wk???? Wowsers! That is just crazy.

Survivor is on tonight!!!

Claire can say "Hi" "Bye-Bye" "Daddy" and "Cat" Or at least repeat those after you say them to her. Not sure why she says cat. We don't have one.

AF is her. Kind of light and not a lot of cramping. So we're are officially not preventing.

Michelle

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 05-11-2006, 08:39 PM

AF here too MClisa...we are on the same page, however, we are not *trying*...just sorta hoping for a break so i can get skinny again!!

that probably sounds stupid..get skinny before youget pregnant again????!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:58 PM

bama-i'm getting skinny again too. i'm 10lbs lighter now then i was when i got pg with ds. seems stupid since we want to get pg again but i think i'll feel a lot better with out the weight on me.

grace-sending you mucho get well vibes. i don't know how you manage to get sick so much. i think you took my quota of sick for the year because usually i'm always getting sick and *knock on wood* i've only been sick 2x's this year!

Old 05-11-2006, 10:07 PM

Old 05-11-2006, 10:29 PM

Poor Grace! You threw me with that epidural comment though -- was that just a fever dream?
I was thinking about you and your piano lessons today, Emmy -- how are they going? And what do you think is a good age to start music lessons like that?
I'm pretty skinny again too but with a big poochy belly -- I look pretty good with clothes on.
Danny is insisting on feeding himself these days -- when he gets the stuff from a jar we both get a spoon and take turns shoveling it into his mouth. I'm amazed at how good he is at it! And then of course he has to have whatever we're having too though he doesn't get too much down.
Not much to report here -- dh just got home so I want to go have a beer and a visit.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:11 AM

Ok...so I was wrong. Af isn't here.....then that means........I am officially late.

Schuyler is in misery.......seriously. He just woke screaming out of a dead sleep , and i just stood and swayed him to calm him down. He is living off of motrin and teething tablets. All four molars are coming in at once and have broken halfway through....he is hurting so bad!!

It looks like dh is gonna be off for the first Fri night in four weeks!! We are planning to take the kids to the zoo on Sat morning, provided that it isn't pouring rain!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:00 AM

Bama, it's pretty normal, isn't it, to be irregular for a bit after weaning as your body takes time to regulate your hormones?

Gwen is still soooooo clingy and fussy and not feeling great. Woke up with lots more gunk in her eyes today. Blech. I hope she feels better soon as I feel I'm going crazy with her screaming almost every time I put her down and I keep second guessing my choice to wait on the abx. But she doesn't act like it's just her ears bothering her, kwim? She is also cutting 4 teeth and has a bit of a cold and had a bought of diarrhea for a couple of days, just like big brother and daddy. I am feeling coldllikeish today... not too bad, but man, I am exhausted!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:29 PM

wow, so many teeth and sickies I hope everyone is feeling better soon. we still just have those two bottom teethers, the top ones are still nowhere to be seen.

Melissa, the lessons are going great, thanks for asking! I have four students right now, all from sam's class, and will be adding another 6 over the next 4 months (during and after summer vaca). The kids are really enjoying it, and so am I. One little boy has severe learning disabilities - dyslexia, amongst other things - and it's been great for him. It's challenging to try to teach him traditionally, but I'm working on different techniques. He's got an amazing ear, and can put together incredibly complex melodic structures for his age, so I'm leaning heavily towards a composing focus with him. He blew my mind, really, when I had him just "make up a song". I told his mom about it, and how good he was at putting together notes, and she cried She said she never hears about the things he can do, only about the things he can't.
at any rate, I feel very lucky to be able to have him as a student. He loves the lessons, too, she says he looks forward to it all week.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I told his mom about it, and how good he was at putting together notes, and she cried She said she never hears about the things he can do, only about the things he can't.
That brought tears
Old 05-12-2006, 02:23 PM

:

Old 05-12-2006, 02:49 PM

I know, that was so sweet. Go emmy!

OK I am totally caught up with all of you TV owners on Lost. I've been downloading like a madwoman and then watching what there was on the abc website. And I'm totally confused and getting sucked in and I love it! What was Michael doing?!?! and why is Jin so hot? and why is Hurley always getting the shaft on everything?

Old 05-12-2006, 03:02 PM

Mamita...I don't know why Hurley gets' the shaft....

And my periods have been back since the early pp days....no hormone shifts here, unfortunately. AF may have come a few mins ago, need to go check!

Someone PLEASE tell me what happened the first thirty mins of lost!!!!!!! I missd it because i was watching Idol :

Michelle, not that I need to feed my addiction but how did you download them? I had problems at the abc site.
Where did you get season two from?

Emmy-- What a lucky little guy to have you for a teacher! His mom must be in love with you.

I feel almost 100%!

Gracie, you feel skinnier?? I always feel a few pounds lighter after a big stomach bug when i was sick and couldn't eat.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:08 PM

Yup! I guess that's the good side of puking and not having an appetite!

I have so much to tell you about the retreat! Nancy Campbell stole my vitamin c I don't have any energy to write though, maybe one of these days I'll email ya.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:13 PM

you still have my email addy?
Old 05-12-2006, 03:24 PM

Yeah, you flaunt that thing around everywhere asking for paypall, remember?

No, I don't anymore, but isn't it under your profile?

I just got a scam email from "paypall" asking for some info from me and threatening to close down my account. I smelled a rat and forwarded it to paypall. Scarey! That's linked to my bank account!
Old 05-12-2006, 03:33 PM

Old 05-12-2006, 03:34 PM

ooo, grace, that is scary. i use my paypal all the time.

what's the big deal with Lost? i was never able to get into it. i've only seen it a few times though. however, i usually don't have time to sit down and watch anything without a child hanging off of me so if it's something i'd have to concentrate to understand that could be why it has no appeal to me.

User Tag List