June mommas with our 10 and 11month olds!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I am in awe! Our babies are getting OLD

We had an impromtu dinner last night. There were 11 people at my house! They brought hamburger. I made salad, fruit salad, steak, and cheese and crackers! It happened so quickly!

Definitly not as much work as a "beastfeast!" sounds like a lot of fun!

Today is my turn to watch my friends children. wish me luck!

Well hope everyones great noley needs me!
#2 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 11:02 AM

good luck Bonnie!

nothing exciting going on here. ds is still puking after every bottle. i'm on the hunt for goat's milk but so far unsuccessful. he goes to CST tomorrow so i hope he's got some ideas. so far, it's linked to formula but he's already on the hypoallergenic soy crap. i looked into getting organic soy but they were out of samples so i have to wait til they restock. ugh. it's just so gross.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#3 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 11:24 AM

raising my two sunshine children.

#4 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 11:43 AM

NOt much to post about here. She is standing for 1-3 seconds several times a day, a few longer times, but only if she is distracted. She is starting to get slightly more daring about letting go of our hands to take a giant step towards a chair or sofa... but still, no *real* unassisted steps, which is fine by me.
She loves scrambled eggs and toast and beans (she was tearin' up the chili last night lol.)
#5 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 12:45 PM

xtreme nursing - we call it the milky circus around here, it's a two ring circus where Elaina is the star acrobat as well as the contortionist.

Still having a hard time getting her to nurse but she's getting enough milkies. She's got a lot going on - yesterday she took THREE steps!

Meatfest.... mmmmm.

Anne I hope you figure out spud's formula probs Poor little guy.

Selena - hope you are enjoying your time at the cottage and that the respite brings some peace into your life!

Meli - so glad you had a 'me' day, it sounds like it was great!

Kathleen - glad your ds is doing well!

MCs- mmmm lemon poppyseed. I think I need to make some cake now! Sorry Eisa isn't sleeping well... sleep troubles suck.

Babe up gotta run!
#6 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 02:10 PM

I'm totally behind and I haven't read all the posts on the other thread...

We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel after about five days of a really bad ear infection, his first! I don't know how moms do it who's kids get these regularly! Ds has nearly lost his voice from crying and screaming, he almost sounds like he's going thorugh puberty. There were two nights of pretty much no sleep at all, but last night was a bit better, and now he's on the dreaded antibiotics

It was the most beautiful weekend we've had all year, but we had to cancel all our plans (my parent's birthday party) and just stayed home with a sobbing boy. Ohwell! At least we were all together, right?

Sorry I don't know what everyone here is up to, I'm going to try to make time to go back to the old thread and catch up...
#7 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 03:03 PM

#8 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 04:44 PM

Anne - sorry about the milk issues. Claire is on Alimentum and doing OK. It is milk-based, but is suppose to be broken down so that she doesn't recognize the proteins. I'm curious once she is a year and on soy milk if the rest of her eczema clears up. Right now the worst of it is on her hands. I might ask for more antibiotics because they look so swollen.

Angel - thanks for the new thread! I did like the title of the last one so we might have to resurrect it at some point.

We had a great weekend. DH and I took the older 2 to the circus. I guiltily enjoyed watching the elephants and monkeys. I think Jeff Corwin and the Crocodile Hunter have ruined circuses for me. In the past they were a way to get to see all of these exotic animals. Now I can turn on my TV and see them in their native habitat and learn about them. On Saturday, we went to the zoo for Earth Day. The girls had a great time. Then yesterday noone would get up for church, so Claire and I got out of our dresses and went for an hour long stroller ride. We spent most of the afternoon and evening out in the backyard. I'm sure we drove the neighbors nuts with all of the laughing and screaming. After supper we let the girls play in the dirt. We have a 6 x 6 inch patch where the grass hasn't grown. They had more fun with that bit of mud!

After the 3 day weekend, I miss my girls! Good thing I have Wednesday off. We're headed to the Omaha zoo for the day.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#9 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 08:50 PM

Hi Gang!
Poor Grace and poor Titus. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon.
Glad things are going so well, Kathleen!
McLisa, sounds like a lovely weekend.
Mamital, congratulations on the stroller! It's funny how easy some of that non-AP stuff can make life I don't have anything against strollers but had been just not been using mine as often as I could -- now I am all about pushing it into the library so I can pile a ton of stuff underneath in the basket.
Mcs, loved the buddha nature idea!
One of Danny's top teeth poked out over night and he is in much better spirits. And I was just thinking about Miles's allergies today -- he is doing amazingly better in that department, hooray for homeopathic remedies!
I'm off to post about Miles in another department though -- how crazy he is making me with his extreme preference for Nana. I figure I just need to take a chill pill about it, but maybe I'll get some other good advice ...
#10 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 10:01 PM

Whew! I have my life back, along with my nearly-normal son

The weather here has been beeaauuutiful! My veggies and flowers are sprouting too

I'm finally getting caught up in my kitchen since ds has returned to semi-happily playing on the floor. So I made one loaf of bread, a huge batch of pasta sauce, whipped yams with nutmeg, slow-roasted pork, and a cilantro-red pepper lentil salad. Cooking makes me happy

Emmy--: Beast Feast... sounds like a yummy tradition. I love foody traditions!

So, let's hear some of our first birthday plans! Is anyone thinking that far ahead yet? I'm completely moritfied at the idea of letting ds eat cake, but I'm sure I can come up with something yummy that won't make him go bonkers...

And, last but not least, I've become blatantly and hopelesly addicted to Lost. : I watched an episode here and there back when we had tv a while ago, but I never "got" it. But we recently started renting the first season and I'm totally freakin' out over it now I'm sad there's only one more disk left of this season

I kind of feel like I just came out of a bad stormy time with the earache and no sleep and stuff, it makes me SO appreciate these happier times. And I am totally and completely in love with my little boy Just had to say that
#11 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 10:16 PM

Grace, can I just tell you that you CONSTANTLY amaze me with your resiliance?? Seriously. You can take just about ANYTHING you are dished. I really admire you.

I hear you on Lost...we are completely addicted in this house. It's like a giant logic puzzle that you keep getting more pieces to. But, the way it's been hyped, there's no way it the "answer" won't be disappointing at this point.

First birthday plans - we will have our regular crew of friends over for a BBQ.
I am going to attempt to make a tiny breastmilk cake for Cully, and have a giant, decadent ice cream cake for everyone else.

Meli, so glad to hear things are going better with the allergies!

Mamita - I *love* my stroller. I just can't sling Cully for long periods of time --he's too heavy and gets annoyed.

mclisa - sounds like a great 3 day weekend!!
#12 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 10:33 PM

Do any of your babes have lumpy nips? Just wondering... Pretty sure Brody had the same thing and it was *normal*.

Getting two more top teeth now. She is a bit clingy~er it seems. But not too bad and it doesn't seem to interrupt her sleep when she actually lets herself fall asleep. Okay... thought i had more to say but I"m tired.
#13 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 10:37 PM

:

#14 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 11:04 PM

Michelle, I feel your pain, it's 10pm and Joey is still awake. Last night she was up past 11, and the only thing that got her out was letting her tire herself out by crying in daddy's arms while I showered.

Wait I think she's bushed. I'm gonna try to get her down; more later.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#15 of 320 Old 04-24-2006, 11:17 PM

first birthday- probably not much. my mum is coming down to visit but that's it. we don't have any friends with kids here or many firends period so it will probably just be us. all the hoopla makes me nauseous and ds gets way overstimulated so it's much better this way

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#16 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 12:01 AM

Okay, so Joey's new thing is extreme nursing, climbing all over me, crawling all over the bed, then more extreme nursing and then more climbing and crawling, till she finally just passes out in some awkward position that I"m afraid to move her from, because i don't want to wake her back up.

SHEESH. What happened to my little baby who was happy to nurse herself to sleep every night?

First birthday? We're planning a way too freaking big bbq/pool party. My husband's sister and his cousin both had really big first birthday parties for their kids, so he feels the need to do the same. Of course, they had big parties in restaurants where someone ELSE was doing the cooking. Sigh.

I'm going to go get some sleep while the getting's good.

Night everyone!

#17 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 10:46 AM

We're on page two here people!

We're up at the ungodly hour of 5:30 this morning, (we usually don't get up till 10) but that's ok! Because I think Titus slept for 7 hours straight last night, 10-5! He must be feeling better now, he hasn't slept that long in such a long time!

His voice is so husky from the week of crying, he kind of sounds like Chunk from the Goonies

Ok, we're off to try and go back to bed...
#18 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
mcs

eisa's b-day is on 06-06-06 so we are having a small devil party! gtg
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#19 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 01:22 PM

mcs, that is so cheeky!

back to organizing my room...

#20 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 01:29 PM

Okay, let's see if I can form more coherent thoughts than I was last night :

Joey's birthday: There's been some tension about this. I don't want a HUGE deal. First of all, she's only one, she's not going to appreciate it. Second of all, she's only one, she's easily over stimulated and that leads to a messed up nap routine, which leads to a grumpy baby. Babies shouldn't be grumpy at their own birthday parties, should they? Besides that, we've got TONS of room in our backyard (1/2 an acre or so)...but we do NOT have tons of room in our house. So if it rains, we're screwed. AND, I really do not want to cook for eight billion people.

Paul's sister and cousin both had huge birthday parties for their pumpkins. Paul is competitive. So, he's bound and determined that this party will be bigger, better, stronger, faster. : We have huge families. My mom is one of five, and each of her siblings has a couple kids, her brother has four of his own, and they have families of their own, etc etc etc. Paul's parents are both one of four, same sitch. So, we're looking at a STUPID amount of people for a freaking birthday party.

And the amount of gifts....plastic toys, noisy toys, clothes that won't fit her (she's still in 6-9 mo stuff, at 10 months)....just makes me shudder.

I was considering registering at Toys R Us.

Anyway, that's the deal with her birthday. As far as a cake, I plan to make either the carob cake that my best friend made for her son's first birthday, or a carrot/pineapple cake, along the same vein...recipe provided by same friend, but found here on MDC.

I'm trying not to stress about her party. It's important to Paul. I don't know WHY it is, but it is. So, I'm just kind of going with the flow.

Speaking of "going with the flow" :....Did I tell you guys I got AF back? I'm sure I did. Well, she lasted a whole day and a half. So, my cycle is still freaky; but at least it's making progress. As of last night, we're actively trying for number two, despite Paul's previous assertions that we're not ready for another baby yet.

Grace, I love reading your posts. You're a sunny person. I'm blessed to be able to count you among my friends.

#21 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 06:39 PM

Yeah SharonAnne, that sounds like it could get crazy!! Good luck!

For Elaina's birthday I believe we will be doing a joint bday bash with my niece who as you all may recall is three days older than Elaina... we're planning on a yummy (read: not nutritious) cake for the big people and making a healthier, less sugary little cake for each of the girls. And that's about as far as the plans have gotten. I've been having fun shopping for presents though It's hard not to go overboard... I know I'm going to get her a ride-on toy and I want to pick a few smaller things out too, so hard to chose with such wonderful things out there!

MCS - how funny&cute about Eisa's 666 bday!

la mamita - Lost... hrm, how to summarize such a show. A bunch of people get planecrashed on an island that has all sorts of weird stuff going on, you get the present story of them on the island mixed in with the character's backstory and see how it all ties together, and you spend a lot of time wondering what the heck is going on with the island It's worth renting and checking it out I think

Davina - I think Elaina might be getting those teeth too.. she has been wanting much more time in mama's arms and won't let me stray far. Then again, maybe it's seperation anxiety? Maybe being almost a walking baby has her feeling all vulnerable? *shrug*

Grace I am glad things are a bit better for you & Titus right now - hopefully they will stay good. I want to echo the others and say you are one amazing mama and Titus is a lucky little guy for sure. And too cute to boot! I just want to kiss each roll.
#22 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 07:14 PM

Okay you guys, I am almost back for good! Our new computer is in the process of being shipped and i should be online in just a few days!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys have no idea how much I have missed you !

Schuyler is absolutely enormous now, and turbo crawling everywhere. He is maybe 17ish pounds. Probably not huge compared to Titus, lol, but huge for us!

See you guys soon! Love, Bama
#23 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 07:49 PM

just a big yay that bama is back!!!

fey- lost sounds interesting, i will definitely check it out.

#24 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 07:55 PM

Yay Bama! Let the party begin!
#25 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

If you get the DVD's of lost atleast you watch repeats! That is my one complaint with the show! REPEATS!!!! I think total they have had about 5 episodes. I'm probably exagerating but not by much! Cable is getting really cheesy! But I do like the show!

Well I have to go! House crisis!
#26 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 08:43 PM

Hooray, bama!

And yay that Schuy is a chub! Can't wait to see some pics!
#27 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 09:51 PM

yay bama!

.....in other news, i found goat milk and ds drank it without puking!!!

#28 of 320 Old 04-25-2006, 10:36 PM

woohoo for goat milk!!!

Hey, Bama!!!

Joey had her first visit to a chiropractor today! She did soooo well, and she's sleeping like...well, like a baby :

The chiropractor we went to see specializes in babies, children and pg women. She was a patient of my midwives' due the same time we were all due with our little munchkins. We met at my midwives' office. So, we caught up. Her ds reminds me of Titus! He's such a roly poly little guy! SOOOOOOOOOO cute!

So, Joey got adjusted today and was in a great mood all evening. I'm getting adjusted on Thursday. I can't wait!

#29 of 320 Old 04-26-2006, 05:02 AM

mcs:
Oh, no, he won't take a bottle. He did, while he was still really out of it from surgery, but by the time he had nursed a little he started refusing bottles no matter who they were from. Actually he will still sip Pedialyte out of a bottle. I wonder if it's the pumped milk he's refusing, not the bottle itself? Hmmm. We may need to experiment!

emmy:
That's a good point. I had a glass of wine with dinner once when I had finished feeding him for the day. We had our follow-up appointment with the surgeon today and he said that everything looks great. Even gave us the go-ahead to have bathtub baths and get the incision site wet.

anne:
Congrats on the goat milk working!

grace:
Yikes! Ear infections sound miserable, even worse than teething. Poor kiddo. Glad he's feeling better now. I know what you mean about being in love with your boy. I'm so happy that DS' personality has completely come back! Tonight he flashed a grin at DH and it was like being struck by Cupid's arrow -- and I was just a bystander. My mom's cousin plans a big joint family BBQ every summer. We missed last year's because I was in the hospital recovering from my c-section. This year's is actually on DS' birthday. I'm not going to give up having a special party for him because this wacko cousin wants to go to a park. Ugh. Long story, but it's not the way I want to celebrate his 1st bday. Oh, and we are hooked on House like you are on Lost.

mamita:
I'm with you on the party and decorations and stuff. I just don't want the day to get lost in the shuffle. I think the daylight is why I'm having some trouble with DS and naps during the day. He usually sleeps just fine at night, but during the day it's a crap shoot as to whether or not he will lay down on his own. He's starting to have some trouble at night too. I think he's dreaming more and they aren't all good ones.

sa:
I hear you about the gifts! MIL bought DS 17 gifts for Xmas. Insane. And this was after she told us that she was going to have to tone it down this last Xmas because finances weren't what they had been before. I told DH that she gets one more chance to redeem herself and buy an normal amount of presents for his bday. If she goes nuts again, I'm going to flip and tell her she can buy all she wants but she is not going to make my son think that holidays and bdays are about things. She can either spread them out and bring them over time, she can bring them all but he only gets to open a few (we spread them out over time) or he can open them all and then she can watch us pack some up for the Salvation Army. I'm a total pack-rat who is trying very hard to change my ways and SHE KNOWS THIS. Then she literally filled up our downstairs with gifts at Xmas. Insane. This kid has so much stuff he can't possibly play with it all. I guess I'm just really paranoid that he'll either have my pack-rat gene and not be able to part with things, or will not be able to see that when the family gathers to celebrate a holiday or a birthday the most important thing is getting to spend time with these people not the gifts they bring.

bama:
Don't think we've met yet. Nice to meetcha!

As I said above to Emmy, our follow-up with the surgeon went well today. The best news was that DS has healed well and can have real baths to help get the steri-strips off. It's obvious that they or the glue holding them on is itchy to the poor guy. The surgeon doesn't need to see him again, and said to have a follow-up with the cardiologist in a week or two. The other good news is that while we have to keep giving him the heart meds for now, the surgeon thinks that the cardiologist can wean him off of those and he won't need to be on meds forever!
#30 of 320 Old 04-26-2006, 09:59 AM

Kathleen, that is seriously awesome news - the follow up went well, he's healing well, and hello BONUS about not needing to be on the heart meds forever!!

BAMA - it's about time, sister!!! : Hope to see you around here a lot more

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page