Hand coordination at 6 months? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-30-2006, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering about dd's hand coordination at this age. She is 6 months old and is slow to pick items up. She will reach towards EVERYTHING but doesnt seem to grasp (parden the pun) the concept of always grabbing ahold of things. Though she seems to have no problem grabbing my pens, or drinks. Maybe im just not giving her the things she wants to grab and play with DD has always seemed akward in regards to her arm movements and i shrugged it off as maybe being due to her being born with her hand next to her face. Any input? Im not incredibly concerned, she will develop at her own pace. She's just very different from her older sisters development. Thanks

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-01-2006, 05:20 AM

If you're concerned, I'd take her to a chiropractor. Skye was definitely favouring her nuchal hand for a while, and also very irritable, so we took her in for a check and now she's a much happier baby.
That said, her fine motor development is way advanced on her brothers at this age. Isaac in particular (who has a squint) wasn't grabbing until 7 months, whereas Skye has a pincer grip. There's a wide range of normal, y'know?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#3 of 3 Old 05-02-2006, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter

ty for the input and advice! Shes been fine grabbing all weekend. Wouldnt it figure as soon as i mention it. Silly child. Yeah she's been adjusted a few times. Helped majorly with her colic! And i agree with the wide range of normal

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page