---October 2005 Mamas, It's May!--- - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 334 Old 05-04-2006, 11:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
freestyler, yeah it is like pregnancy clumsiness I'm not though, I actually took a test a few weeks back. My hormones make me feel wonky sometimes, I think from breastfeeding, and I start thinking I'm pregnant. I think the extra clumsiness (cause I just tend to be clumsy), maybe just be from tiredness.

eclipse, good to hear the laundrymat was a success. Taking my 2 kids to do laundry at my apartment complex laundry center can be a project, laundrymat would be a feat

mamabeth, those are sweet peas! Sooo adorable.

Aka, thanks for the pics too, so sweeeet!

Poo - Piper is about every 3 days. But she went 3 times yesterday, and twice today but it was extra liquid. I think minor diarrhea from teething. She's been working on her second tooth forever.

I made crackers today with some sprouted spelt flour...Jakob had fun helping maek tose. They were good too!

Okay, having a late dinner with DH. Pot pie, nite ladies.

#62 of 334 Old 05-05-2006, 10:10 AM

Here are the pics of the house..I hope the link works...I haven't used this photo place before..password is knufee

No time...hubby needs puter

I have new pics of kiddos if this works...will try to upload later!

I'll be back later

Carolyn

http://chaffeyhome.shutterfly.com/action/

password: knufee
#63 of 334 Old 05-05-2006, 10:44 AM

nice house!
are those robert bateman paintings on the walls?

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#64 of 334 Old 05-05-2006, 06:17 PM

Nice house Allgirls!!
#65 of 334 Old 05-05-2006, 06:27 PM

ugh, I'm pretty sure I have mastitis. I feel like big pile of crap and my left breast hurts like hell and has a quarter sized red spot on it. I would gladly have it amputated today.
#66 of 334 Old 05-05-2006, 07:51 PM

Have you had mastitis before? Gads, it is the WORST. I've had it like three times. My experience with it is that it generally goes away within 48 hours or less, without treatment. Generally I get a SUPER high fever (like 105!) and that burns those nasty germs right out! Hugs and more hugs to you!! I can totally sympathize. Lots of warm compresses, lots of nursing, lots and lots of sleep, and some warm showers. Well, maybe skip the showers, it's too hot out! Good luck.
#67 of 334 Old 05-05-2006, 07:55 PM

DON'T SKIP THE SHOWER!!!! the only way i got rid of mine was by massaging it out in the shower.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#68 of 334 Old 05-05-2006, 10:02 PM

Massaging it in the shower, huh, glad that worked for you. Hope it works for Eclipse, too. But it's hot here (southern California) and the thought of a warm shower makes me queasy. Eclipse is even further south than I am!

Hillary is nursing and then dinner calls...A few minutes ago I came up to change Hillary because it looked like she had poop up the front of her shirt. I was like, OMG, this is gonna be U-G-L-Y, and I even undressed her next to the shower just to be able to take her in the shower right away. Guess what? It was orange juice concentrate! I was SO HAPPY not to have to wash all those clothes and diapers. The little bugger grabbed my spoon and shoved some OJ concentrate in her mouth while I was making a smoothie, and I didn't notice she was also wearing it! News flash: OJ concentrate on clothes looks exactly like baby poop. Scary.

Good night!
#69 of 334 Old 05-05-2006, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

allgirls, the house looks great. Hopefully we'll be moving into a house this year, we are going to start looking soon. We've been at this apartment complex for almost 6 years now, I am sooooo ready for a house.

eclipse...maybe it isn't mastitis yet but a plugged duct. Either way, ouch!!! I have gotten a plugged duct a few times on the right side. Nurse like crazy and take hot showers. I think mine was much better within 24 to 48 hours doing just that.

I met up with some local AP mommies and their kids today, it's always nice to do that. The kids entertain each other, and we can sit back a little and chat.

Piper has been getting up on hands and knees all day today! She crawls backward like that so far. I noticed her trying to stand on her hands and feet too and now I'm wondering if she'll do what I did. My mom said when I was a baby, I would crawl on hands and knees but when I wanted to go fast I'd crawl on my hands and feet! Haha, I have a cute picture of me crawling like that.

Ladies, do you ever find yourself so tired and also exasperated with your child that you can't speak properly? Yesterday I was talking (a little bit of shouting too) complete nonsense at my 3 yr old...seriously, total lack of grammar, sentence structure, and nonsense words.

Okay, guess this is turning into a ramble. Nite mamas!

#70 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 11:47 AM

morning...hope you all had great sleeps.
i had CRAZY dreams. yikes.
i don't really have anything to say yet.
i'll come back when i'm more awake.
i just wanted this back on the first page.

#71 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 01:10 PM

Ryleeee---You're a total nut case
I'm not awake either.....
#72 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 03:13 PM

hahahaha. i know i am.
haye's new favourite toy is a cardboard box.
i put it on the floor and put his small toys in it (like peek a blocks etc) and he always dumps it and rolls around with the box, i think it's really funny.

#73 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 03:17 PM

Who needs toys then!!! Annika is sitting on my lap right now playing with the phone book! She's having a great time with it. It just fell on the floor, I better pick it up for her!
#74 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Dh is scrubbing the kitchen floor and cooking! And he played with Jakob in his room while the baby was sleeping, so I got to work out today

Piper has been sleeping for 3 hours now..maybe she is tired out from graduating from the army crawl to the real thing! Since yesterday she's been getting on her hands and knees, rocking, and just a bit of crawling. Mostly backwards, but sometimes forwards. I need to peek in on her.

Tomorrow, I get to go out by myself and take photos. I will come back and nurse Piper as needed and go back out if I need to. The photos are for a correspondence course I'm taking. I'm excited!

#75 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 04:57 PM

my sister in law just told me they are expecting their second january 1st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! i'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they have only told her mom and sister. i'm sooooo happy

#76 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 05:29 PM

WOO HOO! Congrats to Ryleeee's SIL!

Omg, Caia is now on her hands and knees...not much longer now!
#77 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 05:41 PM

haye doesn't really have any interest in crawling at this point.
i think that's partly my fault for letting him be in his jumper for hours a day if he wants to jump. it's just so hard to resist! he gets so excited when he sees it. and up until a month ago he hated being on his belly, so we weren't really making him do it often. he likes to roll around and play on the floor, and he can spin and army crawl but no actual getting up on hands and knees yet. hopefully soon. oh my gosh, he FINALLY went down for a nap. he got up around 10:30 and it's now 1/4 to 3. he's been super cranky for the last couple hours, eating a lot, playing, eating, almost sleeping etc...

#78 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 06:21 PM

Wow! I was visiting my dad following my grandmother's death, and I came back to find this thread already four pages long. Riley, congrats to your family!

Things have been crazy here. Ethan just started crawling, which is amazing to me. His sister started at 9.5 months. We're in for it. We're no longer particularly babyproofed; we're showing our house; we're moving in six or seven weeks. Oy. Other than crawling, he's doing okay. He has gone from sleeping beautifully to being really gassy at night, and I'm feeling incredibly stressed by that. My daughter dealt with reflux and nighttime gassiness until she was three, and I just never, ever got any sleep. I feel really terrified at the prospect of facing that again. We switched Ethan to Prevacid and he seems to have made a tiny improvement. My fingers are crossed. I'm also taking him to the naturopath who helped Abby as soon as we get back to Boston.

I'm in a solid foods tizzy. Ethan REALLY wants them and has every sign of developmental readiness, but the reflux makes it a trickier situation. We tried a few bites of apples (which did NOT go well) and I'm debating what / when to try next.

Our house is on the market and I'm stressed about it. We've been out of town for the first ten days or so of showings (my DH is home), and I cannot imagine how we're going to keep it in show-ready condition with two kids in the house. Also, it's just stressful. We close on the house we're buying in a week and a half. It would help us out if ours would sell, kwim? I'm so excited to move but also feeling overwhelmed. It's sad to leave the house where I had my babies and scary to move to an entirely new town. I'll be glad when it's over.

Ethan is soooooo cute these days. We were going through the airport yesterday and he was wearing a little duck baseball cap and grinning at everybody. Probably twenty people burst out laughing when we walked by. It made me feel .
#79 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 07:37 PM

Hi ladies! I'm feeling a lot better today - not 100%, but not like I'm about to die. The red spot on my breast is almost gone, so I guess that means I'm on the mend. I never actually had a plugged duct, which is weird because I always hear about mastitis stemming from a plug that won't release, but apparently it's pretty common to have it come on out of nowhere. I'm glad to have dodged the antibiotic bullet, as I'm extremely suseptible to yeast.

Aidan sat unassisted today for the first time for longer than half a second! I even took a few pictures before he fell over . I'll post them later - he's yelling to tell me that excersaucer time is OVER!
#80 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 08:03 PM

oh my goodness.
the scariest thing ever happened just now.
we went up with my friend to see derek at work and on the way back haye started coughing and puking and threw up everywhere, then he was choking on it and turning purple, no joke. i had to take him out of his carseat well before we had pulled over because he was choking to death. it was the scariest moment of my life. then of course, he pooped and i didn't have an extra outfit. just enough wipes though. man. that was horrible.
i barely have stopped shaking.

#81 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 10:23 PM

Oh my gosh Rylee! That is scary! It's terrible when our kids get into situations like that .
#82 of 334 Old 05-06-2006, 11:57 PM

oh my! that's so scary rylee! i'm glad he's okay.

i promised a pic of Aidan sitting up - here ya go!
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...9/Img_0824.jpg

Aidan peed on the potty today for the first time! We aren't ECing, but he's been waking up dry and flooding his diaper a few minutes later. So today I sat him on the potty - and I'll be damned if he didn't go! Rhiannon and Liam were very impressed LOL. Maybe I'll start casually ECing now.
#83 of 334 Old 05-07-2006, 01:02 AM

that wasn't the entire story.
i was just way too upset to write it all out, but here we go.

so when i get haye calmed down after throwing up of course he poops, and of course today is the one day i don't have a spare outfit for him... luckily i had enough wipes (literally, i used all 4 that i had on me and it was just enough) and a diaper in my ergo (baby carrier) so i was changing him on the seat because well, there was nowhere else to do it. and the entire time she seemed mad that i was changing my baby on her seat, so finally i was like "look, if i get any on the seat, i'll clean it up. it's definitely not a priority right now." and she didn't say anything. so anyways, the whole point of our outing was to go see derek at work quickly, and then on the way home stop for second cup (coffee, like starbucks but better) and hang out at my place i guess. so i finally get haye back in his seat and he's doing alright, and she drives to find a second cup (i wasn't paying attention at all to where we were going, i didn't take my eyes off haye like, the entire ride home)...so she FINALLY finds one (after back-tracking a few times) and it's closed for renovations. we were in the parking lot and i was just like "let's go home. i just want to take haye home now." and so yeah, we leave, and she doesn't speak to me the entire time home. so we pull up to my apartment building, and haye is finally sleeping, and she just sits in the car with it running, with obviously no intention to help me at all, so i put on the ergo and unbuckle haye (who is only wearing a diaper and it's raining outside) and put him in the ergo. then i have to magically undo the carseat and load all my shit into it, including a wallet, blanket, toys, dirty outfit, diaper etc...then i have to get it out of the car. i was so angry at this point that i was just like "well, sorry we couldn't get coffee. have a nice night" and she said "i understand. hope haye feels better." i slam the door and leave......and lost my cell phone. so i'm really hoping it is in her car, but i wouldn't know if it is or not because SHE WON'T ANSWER HER CELL PHONE TO TELL ME. ugh. and yes, this is the same "best friend" i was talking about who stood me up to get drunk and always stands me up etc... i'm so angry and hurt. hopefully i can get my phone back and just cut off contact with her.

#84 of 334 Old 05-07-2006, 01:10 AM

Rylee, that's awful - I can't believe how insensitive she was. Even before I had kids of my own, I don't think I would ever be like that. Sounds like a plan to cut off contact - sad though. I hope you find your phone.
#85 of 334 Old 05-07-2006, 01:13 AM

i hope i find it too.
i just seriously want to snuggle up with my baby and cry.
i'm going to take him to bed now.
thanks for listening and responding.

#86 of 334 Old 05-07-2006, 01:17 AM

Ryleeee--That's so crappy of her!! God I would cut off my contact with her if it were me. HUGS to you!! Never a dull moment where you are, huh! If I'd been with you I would have been throwing every outfit and diaper I had your way to help out, and I woulda taken you both to whatever house was closest for showers and a warm tea!! You need a "friend" like that like you need a hole in the head, KWIM? Just hope you find your phone. Talk about adding insult to injury!
#87 of 334 Old 05-07-2006, 01:24 AM

thanks guys.
i'm really just hurt over it all.
she's so self-centered, whereas i'm haye-centered...you know?
i guess you don't know that until you have a baby, but i still think that i would have treated my best friend (or anyone for that matter) differently.
i mean, he was choking to death. i've never seen a person that colour before in my life. god, how insensitive.

#88 of 334 Old 05-07-2006, 10:40 AM

aww Rylee, it's so tough when your friends let you down...sounds like you are growing and she's falling behind...it happens, it's sad but a part of life. I hope you can find a new best friend...one who really is a best friend.

It is so hard getting this house ready for showing but our carpenter came by yesterday(he's my sister's nephew) and his wife came along..she helped so much...my living room, dining room and kitchen and downstairs bathroom are so ready...and they look so nice...I don't want to sell

My dh and the carpenter built a new front porch deck...oh, my it's so nice and my brother is coming to roof the front porch.

So I am off to buy some plant to spruce up the place..then I have the upstairs which is pretty good...I decluttered last week. The realtor comes on Monday to take pictures for the listing. I will post it when the house is listed...we are aiming to list on Tuesday.

It's very exciting...I hope the house sells quickly and we get a good price.

Well not much time...Martina is still asleep but Sophia is very demanding this morning...better go see what she wants this time, drink my coffee and watch Coronation Street.

Cheers
Carolyn
#89 of 334 Old 05-07-2006, 10:45 AM

derek LOVES coronation street. i just can't get into it.
we are having a 6 pack party today, it should be fun. our friends are coming over at 2:00 (everyone brings a 6 pack and something to BBQ or snack on) and we'll hopefully have everyone out by 10:00. we had one about a month ago and it was super, this one will be bigger i think but hopefully fun...i'm a little nervous. lucky for us everyone loves haye and he loves having new people around. no drinking for me, but maybe someone loves me enough to bring me an icepresso chiller. maybe i'll have to drop a few hints. ugh. and that brings me to cleaning. yuck.

i have to remember to go back through and find all the october threads and write down when haye started doing what for his baby book. i FINALLY got it and love it. but holy smokes EXPENSIVE! 60 bucks? that's insane. precious moments, it's really cute.
anywaysssss.

#90 of 334 Old 05-07-2006, 01:11 PM

Good morning everyone! How are you all today? Have you recovered from your scare yesterday Ryleeee? I was thinking about your 'friend" and the old saying came to mind: With friends like that, who needs enemies? It does stink though, but it also happens in life; it's hard to see friendships change or disappear. Hugs to you! And have a fantastic time at your party!!! I'm jealous. I'd crash it if I knew where you lived!

Hillary went on a serious bender last night! I'm so tired from the non-stop nursing I feel like I'm gonna drop dead from exhaustion. She nurses like every 90 minutes all day and then every 3 hours at night, and now I have to drink a LOT of water and have a snack before bed, just to fortify myself for the night feeding frenzies. I feel like I'm sleeping with a bed full of sharks sometimes, and they're all after me!! I still love nighttime though---having a small baby curled up on my chest or tucked under my arm or snuggled against my side is just soooooo yummy. She loves it and so do I.

Speaking of sharks, the other day the kids and I found a dead shark on the beach. A very small one, but still...a shark is a shark!! People always make fun of me for saying I don't want to swim in the ocean because I'm worried about sharks, but now, well, there's proof I'm not crazy! Maybe I'll re-think my plan to start ocean kayaking when Hillary is not nursing so much. Maybe just swim team is enough. No sharks in the pool!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page