---October 2005 Mamas, It's May!--- - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-13-2006, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
omg you guys are having so much fun in here! I can barely get myself on the puter these days. some days it's easier than others. of course i have to get up early tomorrow and get all the kids and dh dressed to be somewhere by 8am!! i don't know what i am still doing up.

today is the day that noah decided to go from laying on his tummy to sitting! he is much happier sitting and now he can do it on his own. yay!

ryleeee love the picture and the story of poop....sounds like a stealth pooper to me!

freestyler hope the quilt is getting done...my dh would be upset that dinner wasn't started too.

dtd...not happening here. dh is after me every time he can think of...i just can't with noah sucking on my boob all the time. i'm so over-touched!

anyway good to see you ladies again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2006, 03:28 AM

oh i forgot!

kidspiration...where in san diego do you live??
Old 05-13-2006, 12:04 PM

lovebnhome...we live in carmel valley. how about you? so cool that noah is transitioning from tummy to sit!

freestyler...hugs, hope your quilt is salvageable. i am so impressed by all of you sewing mamas, i used to do a lot of knitting and crocheting, and a little bit of sewing when i was younger (like, a teenager!) but not anymore and i would love to re-learn and make some things for dd. i used to be so 'craft-y' but not anymore. quilting is so cool. as for swimming, that's great that you were swimming 2000 yds, and doing Master's too. My gym has Master's training but the workouts are at weird times, and I am so not in good enough shape to participate right now, I see their workouts out on the board and they usually go 3500 or so. I would love to start doing some more interval training, though. Do you do some sets yourself?

ryleeee... oh, my. now that is a BLOWOUT of epic proportions. thanks for sharing the pic, dh was sitting next to me and was like..."what is that?" the look he had on his face when i told him your story was priceless.

as for dtd...all i have to say is...POOR DH. he is so sweet and patient and i'm actively working on things (have been going to a PT that specializes in pelvic floor) so i'm hoping that our...ahem...activities will be more comfortable for me soon. in general though, my interest level is really low. hormones from bf?
Old 05-13-2006, 01:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
yeah, it was horrible.
thank god we have water today!
man, we are so privileged.
yikes.

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 05-13-2006, 01:49 PM

Good morning all! Thank god you have water today Ryleeee. (Does your name really have that many eeee's?)

Kidspiration---No, I'm not swimming 200 right now! Far from it. Just swimming as much as I can in half an hour and mostly worrying about whether my 3-yr-old is still in the wading pool or has gone and gotten boiled in the jacuzzi....not a very productive workout. I'm starting masters in this summer or September (probably the latter).

OK have to run, someone scheduled a women's breakfast at 9 this morning---on a Saturday??!! Is that sick or what? I wish I would have cancelled yesterday or earlier. Too late now, have to go. Bye!
Old 05-13-2006, 06:41 PM
EVC

Oh ryleeee, that is some picture!

Well, with all this montage-ing going on in TAO, I couldn't resist:

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...8d6256187fde15

And, of course, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the October mamas

PhDin' mama to dd (Oct. 2005)
Old 05-13-2006, 10:39 PM

Hey ladies i know it's early, but i wanted to say happy mother's day too. Anyone doing anything special? We're going out to breakfast with the in-laws, and then Dale has to go to work (why the only person there with little kids has to work on mother's day escapes reason), so i guess it's not *too* special for me. Oh well :P
Old 05-13-2006, 10:46 PM

EVC that was AWESOME!
Old 05-13-2006, 11:06 PM

yeah! totally beautiful!
please read my rant about baby food guys, it's in life with a babe.
i need help.
argh.

Old 05-14-2006, 01:45 AM

Your cub is just NOT ready to eat yet, hon! They can reach for food and play with it months before they're ready to eat, you know? Mine all showed "readiness signs" months before they could really swallow anything. I truly do not think it's a question of which food, but rather that your cub is not ready really. I love your mom's comment, "They know what they're doing, they've been doing it [baby food and such] for years.]" Yeah, right. Tell her that evolution has been in business for a hell of a lot longer than the stupid Gerber company, and a darned good thing, too! Or we'd all be goners!

Don't stress about food. Remember, we love in a society that hurries children from the cradle onwards. Hurry hurry hurry rush rush rush....it's easy to get sucked in sometimes, KWIM? These babes were just born and breastmilk is a perfect perfect food. Sure there are some babies eating already, but who cares? My first three did not eat solids at all until 11-12 months. They just did not need it.

Trust your instincts and don't let yourself be pressured. By the way, one of mine hated pureed food and would suck on a piece of apple or sweet potato, but not eat it pureed. It might be something to try when you do start solids in a few months or whenever. You'll do fine!!

Hey mammas, my little guy turned six today!!
Old 05-14-2006, 02:37 AM

oh right! he's 6!!! that's so precious!
i bet it feels like yesterday.
how did the quilt go?

thanks for the reassurance, i know he's just not ready yet and everyone else is just going to have to deal with that and back the heck off, especially my parents. i just KNOW they are going to have a bunch of canned baby food ready for me to give him when we get there on monday (oh yeah, i'm going to spend 10 days with them away from derek. i'm...well i'm excited but it's a long time and a HORRIBLY long trip in the car) man, they aren't feeding my kid! they already had me to screw up!

Old 05-14-2006, 12:20 PM

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

EVC- how beautiful! You have a very cute little Ukie girl! (they're the cutest! )

freestyler- happy birthday to your son!

Phew, what a night! DH got called in to do some firefighting (he's a voulenteer firefighter) at about 10:30 last night (it's always at bedtime). I get worried anytime he goes so I stayed up reading til about 5am. I finally fell asleep then woke up at 5:45. He finally comes home at 6:30 after I've already thought through every horrible scenerio that could have happened. Turns out he was a waterfighter last night. Our whole county flooded horribly and he was making sandbags all night. Rivers are about 4 feet over the road in places so we're stuck here. I couldn't sleep after that so I read some more then got up and got to clean up some lovely doggie puke and diarreah (Rylee, I'd take your baby poop over dog poop any day!) So dh is probably going to spend mother's day sleeping so it's just me and dd. Since we're flooded in, looks like it's gonna be a quiet day....um well however quiet it can be with Caia around. (haha as I typed that she was pulling my hair and screaming in my ear) It's my baby girl's 6 month birthday today!! <---- speaking of those, Caia's terrified of them! We were at a restraunt last night and the waiter tied a balloon to her high chair. She flipped out. I have no idea why, she's usually a very bold child. Well, I hope everyone has a great mother's day!
Old 05-14-2006, 01:18 PM

happy mother's day mamas!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2006, 02:01 PM
EVC

Ryleeee, I agree with freestyler--Haye just isn't ready yet. I keep falling into that trap, too, thinking that dd should be eating, that it's time to start. Heck, some babies are eating solids at four months and here dd is almost seven months and nothing. But that's OK, she'll eat when she's ready. And so will Haye.

Bailey, that's such a wonderful, noble thing that your dh does. But I wouldn't be able to sleep, either

Looks like it will a quiet mother's day here as well. We'll probably go for a walk later, and dh promised cheesecake, but I still have one more paper to finish for school so that's probably where the celebration will end. That's OK, though

Old 05-14-2006, 02:42 PM

Hey Bailey---Hope you all get some rest today. Why are you flooded? Is it melting snow or was there a freak rainstorm? Pardon me if this is big news----I've been intentionally avoiding the news in all forms for a few months now. We are TV-free and MDC is my home page on the computer, and I stopped the newspapers. I was just so sick of violence and war and depressing things! I count on DH to tell me if anything unusual is going on, and I haven't heard about NH!

Early this morning I was awakened by an earthquake! Damn, I was thinking, I hope this isn't the Big One because I just cancelled our $100/month earthquake insurance! It was too expensive. Anyway, the quake shook me awake and rattled my closet doors and made such a loud noise! Earthquakes make this loud sound like a truck rolling by! It woke up DH and my daughter too, but they didn't know what had awoken them.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!! For Mother's Day the kids are making a big brunch and I'm TRYING to act nice and civil to everyone even though I'm hopping mad about my quilt which I just tried unsuccessfully to work on this morning. My machine is kaput! That's what you get for buying the nicest quilting machine on the market, hhmmmppphh. I'm taking it back to the dealer and demanding satisfaction (it's the second time I'm bringing it back), and taking my quilt to be professionally finished, and the heck with the cost. I've seen enough of that thing, it makes me wanna :Puke. I'll go back to working on my beautiful purple and green quilt now, and I can do that on my old machine while the new one is in the shop.

Ryleeee---Good luck with your parents. Ummmm, are you sure you want to do that for ten days? It seems like a long time. Especially if they're being annoying. Your comment totally cracked me up about already having had you to screw up! I totally agree with that. But you sound anything but screwed up!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day everyone and enjoy your beautiful families. Hey, I did something I never did and swore I would never do: my three-yr-old was screaming in the jogger, just rabid screaming with no apparent reason as DH was about to take the kids on a run this morning (he runs, the older ones bike, the 3-yr-old gets pushed in the jogger, it looks like a parade). She just wouldn't shut up and couldn't be reasoned with, and it was like gonna wake the whole neighborhood! I went outside with one spoonful of sugar and told her to open her mouth (well, it was already open! ) and just shovelled it in her trap! Wow, I never saw a kid get quiet so fast. COOL! But don't tell anyone, shhhhh. I think it isn't the best idea ! Off they went for their run, little Collette as happy as a bug in a rug. She musta thought I'd morphed into someone else, because normally I'm very anti-sugar and VERY anti-using-food-as-a-pacifier. But I figured, well, just once ain't gonna hurt!
Old 05-14-2006, 03:00 PM

It was just a bad rainstorm. It seems weird though because it wasn't raining that hard. I had to take the dogs out in the rain, but it seemed to me like a normal shower. It did last all day though pretty consistant. It's still raining now and the stream across the street from our house has turned into white water rapids. It sounds like a semi driving by. I guess we were just due for our 100 year flood. Southern NH just had one rcently as well, although I think theirs was worse. I understand about the news. I don't have tv or newspaper out here. I stopped watching the news when nothing shocked me anymore. No matter what stupid thing the government did (or evil depending on how you look at it) or what horrible thing happened, I just stopped caring. It really desensitized me and I didn't like that. Also, if you haven't noticed I get worried easily , so all those stories are not good for me at all.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:22 PM

too funny about the sugar!

i do want to see my family but i'm stressed out about the ride.
i'm not giving him any food while i am there, i will wait until i get home.
they can just deal.
my mom said to me "you don't want to turn him off food do you!??!" by making him try sweet potatoes that i obviously don't know how to prepare. :

yeah. good thing she wasn't on the phone with me and just on MSN or i might not have acted so...sane!
man. eeek.
i'm stressing out.
i haven't even packed.

so yeah. happy mothers day! love you all

Old 05-14-2006, 03:53 PM
EVC

Speaking of travel and stressing--well, this isn't about me, but one of my best friends is moving to Afghanistan tomorrow!!!!! (For work). I am so freaked out (although I have another close friend there now working for the same org., but he is leaving soon because his wife is expecting their first child in July). Anyway, she is happy about the new job and I want to be supportive of her, but still....Afghanistan. Wow. I am so going to miss her.

Old 05-14-2006, 04:43 PM

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MAMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so excited! It's my first mommy day, yay!

My little Kat is SO cute! She's crawling like a champ, and really, really wants to start walking. It's funny actually, she only was content with crawling for about a day and a half before she started pulling herself up to stand!

She's begun this growling thing too, which is hilarious. She'll be across the room playing with some toy or another, I'll look over, we'll make eye contact, then she's crawling towards me and growling at every step of the way! I want to get a video camera, some green army men, and film my baby-zilla. It's really quite hilarious to see her do it.

We started solid foods a while ago, about a month and a half ago. She definately has her preferences there. She LOVES apples, sweet potatoes, peas, and turkey dinner stuff. I forgot that we have a baby food processor, we've been buying organic baby food for a while now. I just found it the other day, and had one of those "smack myself on the forehead" moments.
My dh and I make so many veggies, that duh, why not make the same for her?! lol.

Anyway, hope all is well with you and your lovelies, ack, she's waking up, gotta go! <3
Old 05-14-2006, 05:11 PM

Happy mother's day!!!

So today is mother's day and what does Martina do? She says "Da da" to my Dh: What a stinker...everytime she sees him now it's "Da da" Why do they do that?

My oldest has decided to be in a very teenagery mood today so mother's day hasn't been that much fun so far. I swear she is upset because it's not about her today...in fact seh already said "Why can't there be a daughter's day?"

I look at the other three and hope they are easier as teens. She's all mad because I made her unplug her mp3 player from my computer speakers and listen to it with earphones...apparantly it's unreasonable of me not to want to listen to hip hop music on mother's day or any other day of the week for that matter.

Well better run...kids can't sleep forever...both little ones are asleep in the van.

Oh..we had an offer on our house $5000 below our asking price but we decided to stand firm on our price. It's still early and we don't have a house yet.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:19 PM

WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME????

MAN ALIVE! so i'm on the computer, just checking my email and haye's in his exersaucer, and we're watching baby einstein (well, it's on in the background, he's not watching, just chewing on his shoes ) and i didn't hear him poop. AGAIN.
yeah. so i pick him up about 5 minutes after he poops i'm assuming, and I GET COVERED AGAIN! ARGH! so i laugh about it because well, what else can i do? so i carry him to the bathroom and put him in the tub. i go get a towel and on the way realize IT DRIPPED HUGE PUDDLES ALL OVER THE FLOORS AND MATS. yeah.: andd..on the way around the corner i ran him into some sweaters on the coat tree and they are now covered in poop.

<<breathes>>

so i bathed him and got him to sleep after about 30 seconds of nursing and now i'm off to clean up this horribly disgusting mess.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Old 05-14-2006, 05:25 PM
EVC

Wow, ryleeee, that's really a crappy way to start the day

(Sorry, couldn't resist )

Old 05-14-2006, 05:45 PM

How is everyone's Mother's Day going? I sent DH and Abby to a movie so Ethan could take a nap and I could have a break. Both DH and Abby are driving me crazy. It is raining buckets around here and has been for days and days, and Abby is climbing the walls. DH is about to move his office AND we're about to close on our new house next week (plus are navigating the sale on this one), so DH is a big ball of chronic stress. He is miserable to be around right now. I am pulling out my hair.

I took Ethan to the naturopath who helped with Abby when she was a baby, and sure enough, he has developed a bunch of food sensitivities. I am now dairy, nut, and acid-fruit free. Sigh. I went on a huge elimination diet in Abby's infancy, and it helped her and was thus worth it, but I lost about a kabillion pounds. I was a hideous waif. I'm hoping not to have a repeat of that. We're looking at some other allergy treatment options, too. After experiencing three years of absolutely no sleep with Abby, I'm desperately hoping this helps Ethan enough to allow him to rest again. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:45 PM

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVC
Wow, ryleeee, that's really a crappy way to start the day

(Sorry, couldn't resist )

:
Old 05-14-2006, 06:06 PM

Old 05-14-2006, 07:03 PM

Oh Ryleee--that just blows! Happy mother's day, ha ha ha. there hasn't been anything happy about mine either, aside from being grateful that my family is healthy.

These last few months have been SO HARD with DH gone all the time, and then when he is home it's a disaster because he basically forgets how to parent when he's gone all that time....and the kids are psychotic now....and none of it is his fault, you understand. Of course not!

But ugh, enough about that. Don't want to depress anyone, especially today!

Good luck not going nuts, to everyone who is rained in. Just think how pretty the spring flowers will be!
Old 05-14-2006, 07:05 PM

well my day wasn't bad except for that!
derek bought me and my mom some beautiful plants and re-filled my second cup card! finally, a guy after my own heart!

Old 05-14-2006, 09:01 PM

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

Allgirls, when my kids ask why there isn't a kid's day, dh always replies, "Every day is kid's day."

We're having a quiet day around here since it's raining. Dh and the kids bought me a swing for the patio, but honestly, the best thing was that dh spent all morning helping the kids thoroughly clean and organize their rooms!

Rachel, I hope you get Ethan straightened around soon. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys. Sorry about the ED.

freestyler, sorry about your machine and your little guy's quilt. That really sucks!

Sam has been diggin' organic teething biscuits while the rest of us eat dinner. As you can see, they're kinda messy!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...amommy/Sam.jpg

A happy woman
Old 05-14-2006, 09:59 PM

LOL! Awesome. I need to get some of those for Ethan, I think. He's chewing through every toy in the house. How is Sam doing with solids? Ethan has every single sign of readiness, but the two times I've tried stuff, he has reacted horribly. He's ready to kick my teeth in to get at some food.
Old 05-15-2006, 01:54 AM

AllGirls: i was also going to say "Every day is kids' day" LOL, i mean seriously, FINALLY on Mother's Day we get some friggin recognition by the masses! (this, of course, must be said while stomping feet in a mock tantrum)

Bailey: Ember is very suspicious about balloons too; our first encounter was initiated by an alltel salesperson in wal-mart; she said "oooh, a little one!" and tied it to the cart without asking. Ember stared at it, wide-eyed and lips pursed, but didn't make a sound (or blink) then the other two kids came running around the corner, also with balloons in tow, and when she saw all three balloons hovering (and bouncing around unnaturally) around her head, she wailed...poor baby, but still funny!

Rylee: sorry about the poo...ya know...it happens And how dare you not load that boy's sweet potatoes with brown sugar, butter, and marshmallows, LOL all good mothers do it that way!

User Tag List