~*~October '05 Mamas June thread~*~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 12:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
A lot of my DH's family is out west and we just need a family wedding and we are there. The cousins are getting old enough now to marry so who knows. Something to look forward...it will be nice for Haye and Martina to meet before we arrange their marriage I keep wondering...where will I find these wonderful progressive gentle men to marry all my daughters and suddenly it hit me MDC of course

hooray!!!!! that would be SO SUPER EXCITING! where are you guys exactly now? wow, that would be really fun. i have a couple MDC friends here in edmonton but we haven't actually met offline yet. hopefully this month we will.

ugh, long night. haye woke up 3 times since going down for the night because of loud talking during the game. he's sleeping in his carseat : right now and i'm about to take him to bed as soon as derek comes out from his shower. i have to take my contacts out.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#62 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 12:45 AM

Speaking of the library, I packed up the kids and headed there today. We drove the 20 minutes only to discover when we got there that I'd forgot the DVD that was due. : So now we have to go back tomorrow and return it and get the kids' books.

Sam is driving me crazy. I love him, but he's driving me crazy. The separation anxiety has worsened in a big way...ugh. I want my happy smiley baby back! I hope he starts crawling soon too. He's been up on his hands and knees rocking and keeps getting frustrated because he wants to go somewhere. He's so concentrated on learning to crawl that he's stopped rolling all over like he used to.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hopefully velcro babe will let me catch up and post more tomorrow.

A happy woman
#63 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 12:47 AM

Just don't let them marry the kid of the guy on the dads' forum, the one who was saying that having a male OB was killing his desire for his wife...he had major hang-ups and I think it was a troll type thing. Well, some of those types....you should watch out for!

God my 3-yr-old is being impossibly incredibly unbelievably STUPID AND ANNOYING. She won't settle the hell down and go to sleep, and has been literally beating the hell out of the bedroom walls/furniture/books/etc for the last 90 minutes. What gives, man?? Now she's lying on her back kicking the crap out of the walls. Thank god she doesn't do THIS very often!! It is hideous. The other three kids are asleep. I'm outta here. I can't take it anymore.

G'nite everyone!
#64 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 12:52 AM

ugh, sorry mamas D=
sounds like a rough day all around.
maybe it's a full moon tonight?

i guess i can't blame every crazy thing on the moon.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#65 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 09:36 AM

sure it's the moon..it's always the moon...half moon drives em half crazy and full moon drives em all the way crazy. My friend who is a teacher says the classes would be nuts during the full moon and she would actually alter her activities based on the full moon...ie lots of outdoor stuff and field trips.

So the guy was supposed to come between noon and 4 to spray for ants...once he came we had to be out of the house for 4 hours(and he was only spraying outside) but he never showed until 4:30 and he said his office never told him..they had called him about half an hour prior to see if he was done. He's our neighbour and he felt so bad. So he's coming Friday at 12:30 which is actually much better.

I just noticed my DH called last night and I missed his call while I was picking up my daughter from 4H...darn it. I really wanted to talk to him.

Our business is doing well. My DH made way more money than usual since becoming independant and we have also been super busy. Days he needs dispaching we are really super busy. yesterday I was faxing and scanning and emailing off and on all day and talking to the dispacher who got him freight back from Nebraska.

If we could just get this house situation ready.

I was so mad...the girls bedroom is a shambles up there. I have taken away all phone privileges until it's super clean again. I have to show it on Sunday at an open house. What a pain...I hope someone comes in with a great cash offer so we can just make the offer on the new one.

I told the inlaws last night and they were so excited. MIL hinted at possible buying us our window coverings...she said "so when the house is all done what will you need to buy after?" and I said "oh just window blinds and the refrigerator and dishwasher" and she said "window coverings..you might get some help with that somehow" with a chuckle. They are pretty well off and she's quite generous.

This is the best cup of coffee I have ever made..yummy!

freestyler..you know I have to go check out the dad forum now. Probably a troll but so many men have so many hangups about things like that. I know some husbands don't want to have sex with their wives while pregnant...my dh had no such hangups thankfully but what a blow to a woman's self image. What is wrong with our culture...geez.

Oh...Rylee..I am in SW Ontario now. Just west of Kitchener, East of Stratford in a teeny town. It's ok but it's not Newfoundland. I kind of hope we have to go there for a month while our home is being built..that would be such a bonus! MIL would be so excited!
#66 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 12:15 PM

i would love to visit newfoundland! i've never been farther than alberta, sadly, although i have been to mexico, hawaii, arizona, seattle, etc...
i hope someday we will take a trip across canada, that would be fun! oh i lied. i've been to the NWT too.

ugh i have to take haye to the dentist this morning well, i don't HAVE to but i'm going to. his tooth came out but it's still yellowish around it so i want to just know if he needs probiotics. his gums are REALLY red around the tooth too. i don't know how it would have got infected but i hope it's getting better. he doesn't seem too bothered by it.

#67 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 12:15 PM

Allgirls---Yeh, check out that post. It'll make you nauseated. It did me!

Speaking of nausea, the first thing my little guy did this morning was :Puke. UGH. Poor guy. Poor me!! It's gonna be a long day. ANd then he tells me, "I don't want to go to swim team if I'm throwing up!" DUH! Like I would let him?? Thank god he's old enough to make it to the bathroom to throw up. He must have gotten a virus somewhere, although I don't know where. I have to be much more strict again about them washing their hands when we return home from being out. They'll still catch stuff, but at least it helps. Otherwise they eat with their hands dirty...yuck gross.

Well, here it is Tuesday. I'm gonna sneak some work in on my quilt, it's getting close to done! YEAH!!!

Allgirls I hope everything goes well with the house. It's exciting, isn't it? I feel your pain about trying to keep the house clean for showings. The reality is, a little messy doesn't matter for showings.....but a lot messy does! I swear, my girls make much bigger and more frequent messes than my boy. My boy tends to make more destructive messes, however. Those three parenting books are in at the library today. We're heading over this morning to get them. (Along with a barf bag for poor David.)

Hilllary woke up. Later mammas!
#68 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 01:22 PM

OK, I had to go and check that thread. Very disturbing to say the least. I've only read the first couple of pages.

It is seriously time to babyproof. Annika is all over the place and into everything these days. I spent a good part of yesterday afternoon following her around the family room and moving stuff out of her reach. Problem is, we don't have anywhere to put all this stuff. We live in a 2500 sq foot house and we have almost no storage (no basement)! I keep telling dh we need to get some shelves to put in the laundry room. It's a huge room (bigger than the kids' bedrooms), so we can use part of it for storage.

You ladies with drama queen older dds are scaring me. Emma is only turning 4 next month, and she is already such a drama queen. I can't imagine her at 8, and I'm seriously dreading the teen years with her.
#69 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 02:01 PM
EVC

Quote:
sure it's the moon..it's always the moon...half moon drives em half crazy and full moon drives em all the way crazy.

Oh, we're having major sleep problems here! The last three nights have been just about unbearable--dd tosses and turns and grumbles all night long : I think this is probably related to approaching crawlerdom because when she's awake she's always up on her hands and knees now (just can't actually get anywhere yet). Aargh. I need sleep!

PhDin' mama to dd (Oct. 2005)
#70 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 03:23 PM

well, i'm pretending haye wants to crawl!
i put him up on his hands and knees a lot and he just sits there rocking before he launches himself forward. the kid knows how to get what he wants by rolling and launching and squirming, i don't think he really cares about crawling.
he's watching baby noah right now. i just got it out of the library. well, he's jumping and watching it.
oh my gosh i got the BEST book out of the library today! it's called "little pea" and it's about a pea that hates candy but to grow up into a big strong pea you have to eat your candy every night, and when he eats his dinner (5 pieces of candy) he gets dessert...spinach! it's seriously the cutest book ever. i want to buy it. i've started just pulling random books off the shelf based solely on their names and taking them home to read. my library stack is HUGE though. i need to take stuff back. i got my bus pass today =D i'm excited about it.

off to read the crazy dad post.

#71 of 318 Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM

whoa, what a guy! man, so creepy.
i would be mad if my DH had a problem with me seeing a male OBGYN.
haye's teeth are totally fine, just so you know.
i took him to the dentist and the dentist said sometimes pus pockets are formed and when the teeth break through they go away. it's totally normal.
haye is crying, nap time.
and....i forget what else i was going to say.
bummer.

#72 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 10:22 AM

read the creepy thread.

How wierd. Doesn't have much faith in his gender does he? Obviously the man has never witnessed an internal exam before...he has no idea how clinical it is.

My babies are both sick...Martina has a fever..all last night I didn't sleep well because she kept crying out..then Sophia gets up and promptly throws up. She's back to sleep now but no fever for her. She's supposed to have preschool today but we have to cancel. It's my time to clean up for the open house. shoot.

Well this day is a lost cause..let's hope I can just keep it from getting worse.

Cheers
Carolyn
#73 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 10:59 AM

Hi mamas!

allgirls, hope your babes feel better soon! It's no fun for anyone when little ones are sick.

EVC, hope you've gotten some sleep. Sam has been more restless nights as well since he's been trying to crawl.

ryleeee, glad to hear that Haye's tooth is okay.

freestyler, is your son feeling better?

Sam was a bit better yesterday with the separation anxiety, thank goodness! He's so funny, though. He's started hanging on when I hold him. Last night I was holding him naked before bathtime and he was just like a little monkey - pointing his toes so that he could try and hang on to my waist with his feet. He got up super-early this morning so we had to miss his Baby and Me class at the library so he could nap. We'll have to do some extra singing today to make up for it.

So much to do! We're leaving on vacation this Friday and I need to get packed, do laundry, and clean the house. :

I forgot to ask - does anyone have any advice about how to move up bedtime? Sam has been going to bed the *earliest* at 10, and I'd really love to get him in bed by 9 so that I can have at least an hour break before I go to bed. Last night I tried a bath, stories, and nursing, but he didn't go for it.

A happy woman
#74 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

I actually agree with the guy against male obs. I'm just against creepy old men though. I've had bad history with them so I'd never willingly go to a male ob. It didn't sound like he was advocating that husbands not allow their wives to go to one, just that he didn't like it which I understand.
#75 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 12:45 PM

NAK
i thought he was trying to make women feel bad for going to male doctors because it "hurt bedroom time". i think he's got some problems in the head. it's one thing if a girl feels uncomfortable going to a male but when her husband tells her not to then there is a problem, i think. he sounds really... insecure in his marriage.

it's rainy here...i'm trying to decide if i want to go downtown or not today.
i actually might skip going to the library. i don't really want to but...we had such a bad sleep last night. argh. haye must have just needed to poop and of course wouldn't until about an hour ago. yeah...so we were up ALL NIGHT off and on. oh well. i guess we can go back to sleep.

#76 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 12:50 PM

I always preferred female OBs, but my last OB, the BEST ONE I have ever had, is a guy. He's gay though, so it's great! You have this incredibly skilled OB and surgeon, and he's the most empathetic, sympathetic, sensitive doc I've ever seen. His patients adore him. He's got a fabulous sense of humor and is a terrific dresser too. Can't beat that!

Well, no one's puking today. That's a good start. I hope everyone with sickies has a healthy house soon!

BEEP BEEP BEEP NEWS FLASH
Hillary is trying to stand up all by herself, not holding onto anything! Three times yesterday she was sitting on the floor, and suddenly was desperate to get somewhere fast, and BAM, just stood up and tried (very unsuccessfully) to walk! Of course her butt went plop back onto the floor right away, but how fun that she is trying to walk and stand and stuff. I guess since she's not the world's fastest crawler, she'd rather be able to get places faster and skip the whole crawling thing. Her brother started walking at 9 months, I wonder if she will too. (I don't really think so.) All the time now when she's standing and holding onto something, she lets go and tried to balance. Her record for the freestand is one second!

Operamommy--That monkey thing, too too cute. God I love it when they hold on like baby monkeys. It must have been a lot easier back when humans still had fur!

Creepy OBs----Yup, I've had my share of em too, or actually just one, up in LA a long time ago. He had girlie pictures on his bathroom wall in his office! He was out of the office for something and I had to pee, and looked to see if it was a bathroom, and it was, and there were the girlie pictures!!!!! ?????&&&^^%$% I was only in high school and pretty stupid, because if it had been now I would have reported his butt to the medical association or something right then and there. Thank goodness people like that are in the minority.

Well ladies, have a wonderful day. I'm hoping today will be nicer than yesterday. Yesterday was all about kids puking in the morning (but then feeling fine), stuff getting left at park day and having to drive back 40 miles round trip to retrieve it (expensive swimming gear!), the oldest having nonstop tantrums.....The day ended by me telling them to get their own dinner and put themselves to bed. I went to bed myself and started the sibling ribalry book Allgirls recommended. It's great!! Thanks!!
#77 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 02:19 PM

both babies sleeping for now. Poor sweeties..I think Martina is just teething..she screams when I put her down..that's totally new. She is now asleep outside in the stroller. I broke down and gave her tylenol...I didn't want to for the fever but for the pain I just had to...she seemed to be suffering so.

Sophia is asleep in front of the tv..she fell asleep after about 2 minutes.

so I am just regrouping here...having my lunch and trying to fold a basket of laundry. I gave up on the shower.

My boobs need a break as I ve been n ursing one or the other all morning. Sophia goes days now without nursing and this morning she asked me for a cup of milk and I said "would you like to nurse" and she had a look of pure rapture on her face. I usually don't offer. So she nursed before she fell asleep. My poor big baby girl.

Freestyler..I have done that with the kids. in fact I think tonight I will send the older kids to the restaurant down teh road for supper. No way I will have the energy to cook. My 12 year old has soccer but it's within walking distance so she will be fine...I am so tired...I should try napping but I think I will just try to get to bed early tonight. A good full night is better than a nap any day.

If things get real bad I will be trotting up to the coffee shop.

OH...one time I went to my Dr. and she had a substiture Dr. because she was in England for the summer. Well he instisted he had to do an internal and a breast exam and I was like, no, that's fine I will get Dr. R. to do it when I come back plus my OB had done an exam about 2 months prior. He said "I like to do an internal on all my female patients" and I said "But I am not your patient, I am Dr. R's patient" and I got up and left. Oh and my daughter who was 3.5 stood on teh scale and he got the nurse to bring inher chart and filled in the weight thing. The nurse said "why didn't you tell us yo were bringing Alyssa in? we could have had her chart ready" and I said "I didn't, she just stood on the scale" and they were like "he's going to bill for that" and they took teh chart and removed the notation he had tehre. He was so creepy.

So a couple years later I go to a walk in clinic because I have exzema on my elbows and needed a prescription and lo and behold the same dr. he kept saying it looks like "rosacea" and asked me to lift up my shirt to see if there is a rash there. I said there is no rash there and he says "I need to check" and I said "no, you don't there isn't a rash there, I have had this rash my entire life and I just need the cream for it, are you going to prescribe it or not?" and he got all nice and then started warning me about using it on my face...um..there is no rash on my face.

BTW...rosacea is not usually on the torso.

creepy creepy...but he wasn't an OB..jsut a regular pervoid Dr.

Cheers
Carolyn
#78 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 02:35 PM

whoa! that doctor sounds majorly creepy.
i would have kicked him in the nuts.
okay, maybe not...

SERIOUSLY WHAT IS UP WITH HAYE NOT NAPPING!!!!!

i'm going to lose my freaking mind if i don't get a nap today.
argh.

#79 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee
whoa! that doctor sounds majorly creepy.
i would have kicked him in the nuts.
: laughup

Oh my gosh. I'm *crying* here I'm laughing so hard. I just had this mental image of ryleeee jumping up with a karate kick to the nuts.

Hiiiyaaah!!!

A happy woman
#80 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 02:54 PM

that would be awesome.
maybe i'd get sued though?

I'M GOING CRAZY! please read this thread. argh.

#81 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 03:07 PM
EVC

Quote:
I'M GOING CRAZY! please read this thread. argh.
I wish I knew the answer, but dd does the same thing and thinks it's hilarious. Dh has said that he's looking into baby handcuffs. Would that not be AP?

#82 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 03:11 PM

#83 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 03:15 PM

Yup, break out the duct tape. hell, I want to duct tape ALL Four of mine to their chairs or better yet, to each other! Let 'em have some good bonding time, ha ha!

I think a nursing necklace sounds good. Because what you're describing is ANNOYING and yet normal. Is also should pass soon, like within a few months. He'll get over the urge to explore your face. Hillary does this at night, too. Her big thing is the micro-pinch! She'll grab a piece of skin between her little fingers and pinch for all she's worth. That hurts BAD. I hate hate hate it. it isn't even cute! Break out the duct tape.

P.S. Scotch brand duct tape is stronger than store brands, and 3M is stronger yet. For what it's worth!
#84 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 03:25 PM

HAHAHAHA
oh man,. it's so tempting :

#85 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 03:31 PM
EVC

Quote:
Scotch brand duct tape is stronger than store brands, and 3M is stronger yet. For what it's worth

Hmmmm....Good to know

#86 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 03:38 PM

oh my gosh.
it's only the 7th of the month and we are on the 5th page already!
holy crap. we have to be the most talkative club on this board!

#87 of 318 Old 06-07-2006, 04:55 PM

: : you guys have me in stitches...

Martina scratches..it's kind of nice when her nails are clipped but when they start to get long...ouch...and also she will grab my boob by the skin when she is really excited to nurse.

But she hasnt' started biting yet...Sophia did that just before her teeth came in...this grinding thing with her gums

Good thing they're cute uh?
#88 of 318 Old 06-08-2006, 01:12 AM

I've been trying to post for day, but keep getting interrupted!

I didn't really read too much of that thread about the dad/male OB subject. Sounds strange (the part about it effecting their relationship, that's odd). Is it bad that the only 2 gyn exams/pap smears I've had have been the two times I was pregnant (Actually, the second time was a few months after Piper was born).

Ryleeee. I read your post and a few of the replies, about your wild nursing sessions. My DS Jakob was the same way as a baby, he was so aggressive about nursing at times. I never did try a nursing necklace. He did this up until about 18 months old. He was a big twiddler...he would grab the other nipple that he wasn't latched onto...he'd grab and pinch and twist. Sometimes holding his hand would distract him from being so grabby, but a lot of times it would just make him mad until I let him grab my boob. He doesn't nurse as often these day, and sometimes when I say, "You can have mama milk later" he's like, "Let me cuddle it, Let me hold it"

Piper is biting me! It hasn't been too bad. No blood drawn. It's when she's nursing. She got her one bottom tooth a few months back, and the second bottom tooth has been right under the gums forever. I was so focused on that one, I was surprised today when Piper was smiling and I noticed one top tooth just poked through, and the other top one is just about to as well. No wonder she is nibbly.

Piper is really wanting to stand and walk. She's full on crawling these days, pretty fast. Sometimes when she is on the floor playing, she will do this "Mama, I'm done, pick me up" yell. I've been telling her, "Okay, crawl over here and I'll pick you up" and she'll yell a little and crawl her way over. THen I put my hands down so she can grab them and she gets up on her knees and then stands herself up. She also slid off the couch backwards today and stood for a few seconds, then fell. She's been stuff like that more, wonder when she'll walk? Jakob didn't walk until right around 1 yr old.

I've been feeling wonky lately, my back aches, crampy, etc. Maybe my first pp af? Guess time will tell...I'm hoping it doesn't show yet. With Jakob it came back when he was 18 months old.

G'nite all. It's midnite, time to get some sleep before my kids force me to wake up in the morning. My birthday is coming up this weekend....DH better let me sleep in! That would be the best present

#89 of 318 Old 06-08-2006, 10:22 AM

Who has gotten af? I had a short 4 day spotting back at the end of Dec.

I want a baby boy...just putting that out there...adoption? I really dont want pregnancy again.

kids are all better...Martina has new tooth...guess she's gonna spike a fever with every tooth...this one is on the bottom.

We sponsored a boy through world vision this week...he is from Senegal and his name is Ibrahimi...we are writing him this weekend as a family.

So she is tired of crawling and wants up

back later

Carolyn
#90 of 318 Old 06-08-2006, 12:58 PM

i never write to my sponsored child. i think i have written twice in the...8 or 9 years i've had him. i'm a horrible person. maybe i should do that. he'd probably be like "what the eff? who is this crazy lady?" maybe i'll pick him up some stickers or something. man i feel bad now.

haye loves to sing DA DA DA DA BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH DA DA MA MA MA MA LA LA LA LA LA BA BA BA BA BA BLAH BLAH MA MA MA MA MA NA NA NA all day long. it's pretty cute but makes talking on the phone nearly impossible!

so i've decided no more tv for haye. which is pretty hard, and last night i caved a little and let him watch canada's next top model with me. he mostly just rolled around on the floor and played with his shoes. did i tell you we have 11 baby einstein dvds? and his favourite movie IN THE WORLD is alice in wonderland? yeah. i'm a bad mom. he watches quite a bit of tv for his age i think, like... at least an hour a day. oh god. i'm horrible.
so i decided yesterday at nap time that we weren't going to watch anymore. we did good too, and when the game was on he was in the kitchen with me and i just checked on it every once in awhile, although it was playing in the background.

phew, feels good to get that off my chest. i'm not brave enough to post that on the bad mama day confessions thread yet.
no af here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page