Lets Keep the Birthday Train Going June Babies! - Page 12 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#331 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:Puke
i am so f-ing mad! i cannot knit this damn wooly wonder! every time it turns out all crooked and wonky! i'm getting so pissed because ds has no diaper covers that fit and all his dipes (minus the sb from bama) require a cover! so we've had to use pampers and i so cannot afford to be buying those nasty things right now! plus, my pukey is on like no tomorrow and i cannot knit because it only worsens it. but, i've got all this wool! if i mail my wool to some one will they knit some covers for me? either that or i'm going to have to sell my stash of lovely kissaluvs to buy more AIO's:

i won't even get into how f-ed up my grafting stitch is....

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#332 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 02:06 PM

Didn't we just have this conversation about formula vs. cow's milk? Anyway, my vote is for the latter since (1) the Next Step makes Danny sick, (2) Dr. Sears says so, and (3) I asked my ped who is very hands-off and seemingly averse to giving advice (can you imagine?) who said there is no reason to use that kind of formula. As a former marketer, I think it is mostly a marketing thing -- two years of buying formula rather than one. But that's just me, and I *hate* spending money on formula too (though the organic cow's milk isn't exactly cheap!).
I am super crabby today -- Danny has suddenly grown very demanding, doing a lot of pointing (which means "I want that! NOW!") and screaming if he doesn't get what he wants. Now that he can point and sign "more" he's using those as catch-alls and gets really frustrated if I don't understand what it is that he wants so badly -- meals are getting to be a huge drag. "It's just a phase...."
Oh, and yay for Titus! That is great news! You deserve a good night's sleep, Grace.
I was thinking of the young mom thing the other day and random people asking Mamita how old she is -- imagine someone saying that to me! "Really, he's yours?!! How old are you anyway?" It's so rude.
#333 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 03:10 PM

wow Meli, you need some happy pills!!

we use the formula cause its all he can drink. He literally has about five things he can tolerate right now...and formula is one of them. the others are banana baby food, baby oatmeal, baby applesauce, and one veggie flavor. that's it.
#334 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 05:09 PM

thanks for the advice bama i was reading a bit in Dr. Sears Family Nutrition book where he speaks about some of the benefits of "next step" types of formulas so i feel a little better about them. and true dat, about organic milk being about the same price! might as well have a powder that won't go bad.

Writer, teacher, and mama to Rhiannon Morningstar 6/28/05
#335 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 08:04 PM

I've been giving my son cow's milk lately. I used one can of that next step and he took to it well, so I started giving him cows milk AND formula, and now he is off formula completely.

Sometimes we also give him powdered whole milk and he still likes that just as well!! He has NEVER been a picky eater, and never had any problems with new foods, so I've had no problems switching to milk.
#336 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

ds still can only drink goat milk or organic soy milk.: he's got his 12mth wbv tomorrow and i'm going to see if they'll do a RAST allergy test on him. he's constantly rubbing his nose/face. i'm scared that it's related to our dogs/cats. he loves his animals so much but i think they may be making him wheezy:

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#337 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 09:24 PM

Wow, Bama, I didn't realize his diet was still so limited! That's tough -- hugs to you.

I'm still using formula when we're on the road because it travels so well. Also, I'm having trouble getting enough liquid in him while trying to use the bottle less often. Man, breastfeeding is so much easier!

Since I posted this morning I took a lovely nap, which did wonders, and then my dad arrived for a visit and took me out to lunch, just the two of us, it was GREAT. I have a weakness for Olive Garden that I rarely get to indulge and it was lovely to have a grown-up lunch for a change. Thanks, Dad!

For those of you whose cycles have returned, are they different? This was my second period and they are just knocking me out. I'm bleeding more and for longer, and am just exhausted and starving, almost like I'm pregnant again. It's so weird -- anyone else experiencing this? Think I'll start a new thread on it ....
#338 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

meli-yup. that's just what mine were like. i seriously thought i mc a few times. it was not cool.

#339 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 09:51 PM

New thread::::

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...66#post5420066

so no one has a heart attack!

And did you know...that if your grill accidentally heats to 600 Degrees, you can cook chicken in three minutes flat??
#340 of 343 Old 06-25-2006, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattoo

Last night I got a wicked headache that lasted straight through until coffee this morning, so it begins. I had pretty bad headaches with Sage and thought I was going to miss out this time. Too bad
Pregnancy headache recipe:
1. empty your bladder
2. drink a glass of water
3. take 2 tylenol with a can of coke

(it's the caffeine and extra water than can help)

ps: never heard about the red dye in the pool

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#341 of 343 Old 06-28-2006, 12:04 PM

Oh my poor heart! I will be right back with a new thread!
#342 of 343 Old 06-28-2006, 12:19 PM

#343 of 343 Old 06-28-2006, 12:22 PM

angel - there already is one - i just bumped it...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page