Lets Keep the Birthday Train Going June Babies! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 343 Old 06-16-2006, 11:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there it is! looks like it was a fun party. schuy is so cute and cuddly!

raising my two sunshine children.

#122 of 343 Old 06-16-2006, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom
that is so weird...sometimes my links go to odd things...I fixed it and double checked it. the first set of pics should be my dh and ds in our living room, and the second set of us outdoors.
what is doubly wierd is that the link that didn't work for others worked for me! it looked like a nice day and a fun party with all those kiddos!
#123 of 343 Old 06-16-2006, 11:35 PM

i swear, the other day i was posting shutterfly links for some stuff i was selling, and the woman would click on MY link , and it would go to HER fs album!!!!!!!!!!!!:
#124 of 343 Old 06-16-2006, 11:53 PM

Those are cute pictures, Bama

Our party is tomorrow -- I am so excited!

Anne, isn't "a line is a line is a line...?"

It's soooo late ... went to an ice cream social tonight and had a nice time with other moms I met at La Leche League (four years ago, when Miles was a baby!). Now I'm feeling bad about wanting to bail out of the application process to be a leader ... I really met a lot of nice ladies there. Maybe I could just keep sending them money :
#125 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 07:35 AM

ShA
Great story. I am loving reading these. I had to go check your siggy when I was done. You sure seemed to know what you were doing even tho this was your first. Wow.

Davina
Oh! That's a good one too. No midwives or doula? Wow. Is my non-crunchiness showing that I am so impressed by you guys?

mcs
How many times I look in on DS depends on what kind of day we are having. Last night he tossed and turned and couldn't get comfy, he even cried in his sleep a little, so I checked with almost every noise I heard until I went to bed (big poop this morning so that's why he was uncomfy). Tonight I know that since DH is in there sleeping, DS will be sleeping sounder. He's always less restless when he can hear us. Also, if you are just checking and not doing the whole Terms of Endearment "waking the baby to make sure she is breathing" thing, then I think you can check as often as makes you comfortable.

Anne
I don't think your story is lame-o. Are we the only 2 here who had hospital births? No, someone else had a c-section. Anyway, at least you know what contractions & pushing feel like. Good luck on the Father's Day test!

Mamita
Maybe I wasn't clear in what I wrote. I just meant that you understand yourself and found a way to deal with it -- cool! I have some bizarre social disfunction where I could give a crap about "peer pressure" so while I recognize that people have tried to do to me what you are talking about, I'm immune. Hehe -- maybe something in my upbringing vax'd me against that kind of pressure?

Selena
DH wrote a program to time your contractions? Love it! The description of what you think was your cervix changing was really cool. I've never heard it described that way. A couple of mamas have now described the involuntary pushing that your bodies did. Man, just amazing. I feel like I'm a hubby who is a parent but didn't get to experience all this.

Bama
Very nice pics (both sets). He really seems to be considering each toy he opened. Is he a serious guy?
#126 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 10:11 AM

Quote:
i swear, the other day i was posting shutterfly links for some stuff i was selling, and the woman would click on MY link , and it would go to HER fs album!!!!!!!!!!!!
That happens when you try and link to what you see when you're in shutterfly, I would think. Then, she'd click and it takes her to HER personal shut. site... make sense? The first link you posted works for me. They are cute, naked kids. :P
#127 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 10:13 AM

no, he isnt a serious baby, kathleen, but he did notice each toy at both gift openings. he would laugh and smile, and bang on the box. he didnt even reach for the paper like most babies

my mom says its cause he is so smart...
#128 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 10:51 AM

So what is everyone BESIDES anne doing for fathers day?! We are going to make dad Pancakes. He will love that! then we made some handprints out of playdough we made and Ali and Noley are going to paint them.

I still can't find my birth story! that makes me sad! On thursday he will be one! Hes pulling up to standing and hes saying broom! When hes pushing cars around! Freaking cute! Oh and hes saying MINE! Which got him a book but just the one!

I have to go the chimney guy is here and I need to see if he needs something! I will find my birth story. Everyones is so nice to read! I can't even believe its been a year!:
#129 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 01:16 PM

hey mamas, check out this cool thing that is happening in my city and that i participated in (that is getting talked about on MDC)!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=469564

Kathleen - your body didn't do the pushing thing? a few mamas from my prenatal class also didn't experience that and I really wonder what it was like for them!

What are we doing for Father's Day? Actually, we're having a giant one-year birthday party for all the babies in my mamas group. We're trekking out to a farm an hour away and having a bbq and pool party. All the dads will of course be there too, which will be neat since I see the mamas every week (usually) but hardly ever see the dads. It's nothing very dad-centric, besides the fact that they will be there... but I think it's okay. DH isn't really into Father's Day anyway.
#130 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

i'm going to test
then make cinnimon rolls
then go to church for the first time in ages. we're trying to find a church we like here (despite living here for 5 years so that should be interesting.

ds is starting to walk! finally! i've very proud of him. he's got a push toy that he pushes around and when he shoves it into the couch he'll take a step around it by himself to grab the couch.

wonky wonder soaker update....i read the fricken instructions wrong!!!!! i did the leg hole decreases totally screwy so now it's slightly crooked. instead of k3 ssk then knit to the end, i kept k3 and ssk all the way across. atleast i discovered the screw up on my scrap yarn trial run!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#131 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

and a line is a line except when it comes to those first response tests as they can be unpredictable:

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#132 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 02:34 PM

here's another yogurt update! I did the same thing except I left the oven light off and kept the milk/yogurt mixture in the oven overnight and today it thickened up nicely! i think my oven light was too hot and it killed the bacteria. So now I've got yummy organic yogurt made from the organic cow's milk that istra didn't like! At least the cow's milk didn't give her diarreah like the goat's. Strange, because I thought that goat's was better for baby's than cow's.
#133 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 03:00 PM

anne...you're speaking knitting greek

i have my needles and such that i bought from davina, but i have yet to buy yarn...i have no idea what to get! Decisions , decisions, lol
#134 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by la mamita
anyone want to see the new breastfeeding ads? the print ads crack me up...

http://www.4woman.gov/breastfeeding/...page=adcouncil

Love the ice cream!!!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#135 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-stasis
hey mamas, check out this cool thing that is happening in my city and that i participated in (that is getting talked about on MDC)!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=469564
Selena, that is SO AWESOME! let us know how it goes.

father's day--ehh, nothing? : we'll probably get brunch with my dad.

we just went to the pool, luis loved it. it's finally hot again here, after days of wearing sweatshirts and pants.

oh, i passed out of my writing class so i'm done with school for the summer

#136 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 04:38 PM

yeah, you just wait. someone will complain that those posters are sexually offensive somehow....

the icecream one was cute.
#137 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 06:54 PM

For Father's Day:

I have to work in the morning, but I should be home by 11am. Then we are going to my parent's house to grill out. Home around 2 (or 3 more likely). Then his side is coming over for pizza for supper. His sister is on bedrest so I'm not sure if she will be able to make it, but I told her we would come pick up her 2 1/2 yr old and let him play with the girls.

DH is whining because he feels "neglected." "If the day is all about me, why do I have to go be social? Why can't I just go get a massage?"

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#138 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter

well, i couldn't hold out til tomorrow for the fear that a BFN would ruin father's day. glad i tested today:

#139 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabellee
well, i couldn't hold out til tomorrow for the fear that a BFN would ruin father's day. glad i tested today:

#140 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 11:00 PM

Anne :

Selena, that is so cool! And I never got back to you about your chart -- I guess it's just because it looks like such a classic chart, very definite ovulation, and your temps haven't tanked yet ... you're right, it's probably too early to tell.

Mcs, feeling vulnerable about those surveys? I am very curious to find out why, but I'm guessing that would leave you feeling even more vulnerable.

We had our party today -- it started at 3:00, and the last people left at 8:30! I am totally wiped. Everyone seemed to have a good time except for dh and me -- we both worked like dogs. Not that we had a bad time; it just would have been nice to visit with our friends more. I just watched the little bit of video we shot and it's super cute -- Danny just beamed when we all sang to him. He liked his cake (mix from a box), too.
#141 of 343 Old 06-17-2006, 11:14 PM

anne... sorry...
#142 of 343 Old 06-18-2006, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamamom
no, he isnt a serious baby, kathleen, but he did notice each toy at both gift openings. he would laugh and smile, and bang on the box. he didnt even reach for the paper like most babies

my mom says its cause he is so smart...
And she's right! I asked because I've noticed that DS can be very serious when he's "at work" discovering something new and his expressions are similar to what I saw in your photos. Must have just been the fleeting moment that was snapped. I know that everyone but me has trouble getting a pic of DS when he's smiling. I have had a lot more practice. And those stupid delays on digital cameras! Argh.
#143 of 343 Old 06-18-2006, 07:22 AM

Selena
Nope, no pushing. I had a c-section and never felt a contraction. It was due to DS' heart defect. The birth story is here:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...27#post5024227

Father's Day
I'll call my dad (he's in Kentucky) and will see what my mom and brother have cooked up for my stepdad. He and I don't really get along (he's and a**hole & treats my mom horribly) so I just go along for the ride hoping that will prevent things from getting worse. DH wants a shop-vac that we can't afford right now, so his gift is put off. I did get him a cute card from DS tho.

Anne
Sorry from me too.
#144 of 343 Old 06-18-2006, 03:01 PM

Anne...suckaroo, man.

Bumping us up from the abyss:

I am wearing some of my new clothes..I feel like a human being! Wow!

WE were in walmart, and Ds decides to have a blowout poop....as in, lay him in the drivers seat in the parking lot while dh unloads groceries and change his diaper, strip his clothes off, etc. UGH...Dd was in the back seat yelling"WOW< POOPY!!!!!!!! THat's GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And laying on Dh's shoulder on the way out to the car yelling HELP HELP!!

Its obviously her new word
#145 of 343 Old 06-18-2006, 03:27 PM

I forgot to mention that we had a poopy explosion at the party yesterday -- I foolishly left Danny's diaper off for too long and was doing dishes in the kitchen. In he crawled, with poop all over him! It was quite a situation. I dumped him in the bath while dh started scrubbing the floor -- he said it was an appropriate re-enactment of the birth last year, when he was scrubbing up all the blood stains from the carpet! Nice -- the dark side of home birth. Of course, I have no memories of this as I was laying in bed cuddling the baby and/or taking a long hot shower
#146 of 343 Old 06-18-2006, 03:41 PM

ANd....HOW could I forget??? He is pushing a push toy and walking!!
#147 of 343 Old 06-18-2006, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

:

#148 of 343 Old 06-18-2006, 04:19 PM

what's wrong?
#149 of 343 Old 06-18-2006, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

trying to get our house clean. not an easy task. it's hard to believe we oen so much sh*t! it makes my head spin.

on a funny note, we're teaching ds body parts since he's been pointing to his chest and belly lately. so when i asked him "where's your boobies?" he yanks down my shirt and points at mine! ::: he can also correctly point to his nose but that's not near as funny.

#150 of 343 Old 06-18-2006, 06:00 PM

LOL Anne! I'm teaching Lainie face parts during diapers changes, and she'll point to my nose and mouth but not her own.

Sorry about the BFN

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page