Lets Keep the Birthday Train Going June Babies! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 343 Old 06-13-2006, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here you go bonnie! my mum is with ds so i've got a little bit of time

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#2 of 343 Old 06-13-2006, 01:56 PM

HOLY CRAP, ANNE! How AMAZING! If we're pregnant together again I'll just freak out LOL

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#3 of 343 Old 06-13-2006, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

i know. i can't wait to POAS. i'm such a dork

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#4 of 343 Old 06-13-2006, 06:47 PM

I'm so jealous of you poas action! There's nothing, but reruns on TV so the two of you are my entertainment!

Let the peeing begin!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#5 of 343 Old 06-13-2006, 10:59 PM
mcs

add me to the club. i tested and tested---negative. but i feel so... tired, hungry, moody, and have little grossed out feelings about certin things. headachy too which i don't remember from before.
the test sais "no" though- even after ten min., so like i told dh- "it is official, i am just a bi.ch."
not much else to add cause i want to watch 6 feet under.
i hope everyone is getting on better with their partners today....
mcs

two girls and another on the way in feburary!
#6 of 343 Old 06-13-2006, 11:13 PM

#7 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

:

#8 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs
i told dh- "it is official, i am just a bi.ch."

AF has been here since DS was 4 mos old, so I guess just described me too!
#9 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 09:02 AM

yep, AF comes back when my babes are newbies...yuck.

off to try to catch up~back in a bit!
#10 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 10:30 AM

I'm on day 33 of this God foresaken cycle and STILL no AF. And I poas again and got another BFN. That's three, in case anyone's counting.

Maybe my cycle is just still not regular. Sigh.

ETA: Still incredibly hopeful for Anne, though.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." 
#11 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 10:38 AM

Hi! Subbing....
#12 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 10:41 AM

officially caught up

posted on the fight thread....

hattoo...my dd weaned herself gently over a period of a week. it was so gradual i didnt realize what she was doing. I suddenly realized one day we had gone from five nursings a day, then four, then three...then one day she asked to nurse after church, and that was it,. she never asked again. i "asked " her to nurse on one side two days later, bc I was hurting. she did somewhat grudgingly and that was it. I understand how gentle weaning works now...there was no stress for either one of us...no crying, etc

I knew who rick shroeder was...

we slept in our own beds last night...ahhhhhhh, the joys of not sleep[ing on the sleeper sofa!!

somebody else get pregnant, wouldja??
#13 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 AM

subbing and hoping to keep up with you chatty mamas!
#14 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 11:44 AM

subbing!

All this pregnancy talk is pretty exciting! Ii'm cheering for you, Anne!

SA- are you charting? I started charting again after AF came back (last month) and my first pp cycle is really wacky... like I o'd on day 27 or something like that. i'm now on day 32 and I probably have at least a week left until AF is due.

Of course, I might be pg too ... we'll see.
#15 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for all the cheers! it would be so cool to give dh a BFP for fathers day

we put our house on the market yesterday. it'll be interesting to see who bites. we also put in another offer on a 5 acre plot of land in MO so now we wait.

#16 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 12:22 PM

Noley is being a butt!: He must be teething.

We are making clay handprints for fathers day. How exciting.

Well this is an interesting show. Wonder who is pregnant and who isn't.

Thanks for the new thread! My heart feels better already!
#17 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 12:37 PM

Hi all!

All this pregnancy talk, so exciting! I'm definitely watching from the sidelines though, no babies in my near future! Other than the one I already have, of course Though I suppose she's more toddler and less baby now.... :

Is anyone else starving all the time?? I guess in the past few months nursing has really been taking work on my body's part - the pounds have flown off and I am ALWAYS eating. Elaina in the past two months has also begun eating more solids - she ate a TON of spaghetti last night - but she still nurses tons too.

We're still getting settled in to our new place... last night we got a Spotbot because scrubbing at baby pee, baby puke, baby poop, and cat poop all within 24 hours - for the second time since we've moved here - was just TOO MUCH! It's nice to turn it on and let the machine sit there and scrub for me.

Happy birthday to all the new one-year-olds!!
#18 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 12:52 PM

Whew! I'm waaaay behind on the old thread, and just skimmed this one :
Dh just went to work his first 24 hour shift this morning, but we've had the past 4 days off together (hasn't happened since Christmas!) so I've way too busy to keep up here.

Then he has another 4 days off starting tomorrow (I love he fire deptartment!) and we'll head down to Bend to visit his folks.

So, I'm around, but just not that much

I want to hear about some BFPs when I come back!
#19 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 12:55 PM

The cake is almost gone. I farmed out bunches of it.

We are having big teething, molars are coming in, it's causing lots of pain and sleeplessness for everyone

When do we graduate from babehood? Locke is toddling around lots now. He only crawls to get somewhere fast

It was the fastest year of my life

Amy at Stone Fence Farm
:
#20 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Is anyone else starving all the time?? I guess in the past few months nursing has really been taking work on my body's part - the pounds have flown off and I am ALWAYS eating. Elaina in the past two months has also begun eating more solids - she ate a TON of spaghetti last night - but she still nurses tons too.
Yes. Hungry a lot and eating crap. *sigh*
SPotbot? I am intriqued.

Molars here, too.
#21 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 02:42 PM

Wow, what a traumatic couple of days. Yesterday Sage & I went to a "Jack & Jill" playgroup. It's for bigger kids, since we're now out of the "Baby & Me" group (although, I could technically still go since there's a wee baby in my belly). Sage was pushing around this big plastic car that the kids ride in and these big kids (2 and 3 year olds) kept getting in. This didn't faze my girl a bit. She just kept pushing with the kids in there. I was hovering (being the ever-so-worried mom) but figured I'd let her keep it up because it was good exercise. When snack time was ready, the girl Sage had been pushing jumped out so fast that Sage fell down and bit her tongue again in the same spot!! More blood, poor baby. I handled this incident a little better and all was okay.

Later that evening, we were playing "I'm going to get you" and she fell again! Same thing, just less blood this time. I think she's either biting it over and over or it's just opening up again from the impact. I know little kids have got to fall, it's the school of hard knocks but I'm getting very tempted to just carry her around everywhere again.

As for eating, I'm eating for 3 so you can imagine my appetite! Actually, it's not that crazy. Right before bed I find myself needing something and many snacks in between meals, but not as hungry as I thought I'd be. I meet with the nutritionist today. I actually went in at 10 am and found out my appointment's at 2! Pregnancy brain on top of Mommy brain. I am not operating on full cylinders.

My last period was 2 weeks later than the one before it and my cycle was definitely not the same. I think it depends on how much you're nursing. It seemed if Sage nursed more, AF wouldn't show right away.
#22 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 03:37 PM

hattoo, so sorry to hear about the recurring tongue injury Poor little Sage.

Fey - I suddenly dropped a bunch of weight the last couple weeks, too. I noticed today when I pulled my jeans up without unbuttoning them...maybe it's time to go try on all my pre-pregnancy jeans. Hmmm....

DH and I, my sister, and our friend Mark all went last night to go see Zappa Plays Zappa....it's Frank's son, Dweezil, playing with a band doing all Frank's music. It was hands down the BEST show I've ever seen. The guest stars were incredible (Terry Bozzio is a god behind the drums) and Steve Vai on guitar...they played for 3 hours and I could've listened for another 3. Just unbelievable. They will be back in October, and my dad will most likely be able to make it down for that one. Sam's dad and his girlfriend babysat Cullen - it went semi-OK. He's Mr. Clingon McVelcropants today, for sure.
#23 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 04:16 PM

AF showed up today. First time in almost 2 years... can't complain too much.
#24 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 04:32 PM

Emmy - you've got, hands down, the best taste in music. I remember your wedding songs from way back. Johnny Cash right? Just can't remember which tune. You'll appreciate that in Peace River (3 hours south of us) they just had the "North Country Fair". We didn't hear about it until too late but next year, we'll definitely be travelling to it.
#25 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 04:34 PM

BTW, best show I've ever seen was Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. They're all still so groovy. Not a note missed. I saw them twice the next year in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre but nothing could beat the first time.
#26 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 04:40 PM

Yay! I love talking about music

MY two best shows ever are Nina Simone (the year before she died) and Tom Waits.

Both are such icons, and such performers, and getting to see them was truly a once in a lifetime pleasure!

Nina is my all time favorite female singer. If Titus was a girl she was going to be named Simone. :
#27 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 04:43 PM

Simone was a fast runner up for dd, but she turned out to not be a Simone. maybe the next one.

Dh is off this week(what's left of it), and we are going to the nearby tourist hubs to do some serious outlet shopping and fun stuff with kiddos....woohoo, i love spending money...dont you??

btw, i got quite a bit of applause on the fight thread, meli and mamita. lol

Sharon Anne, good to see ya over on the other thread!
#28 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 05:28 PM

I saw Frank Sinatra shortly before he died -- it was embarrassing and terrible.

Speaking of which, my dad read my blog (on my invitation) and pointed out something that he thinks is embarrassing. I am kind of mortified. I do write with the idea that other people are reading it (duh!) but of course no one else who reads it would think of criticizing me either. Feeling kind of :

I had signed off the fight thread but need to go check it out right now!
#29 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 05:37 PM

OK, me again. Nicely put, Bama! I am sooooooo glad to have you friends on MDC. It can be such an unfriendly place

However, that other thread did prompt me to finally find the formula coupons that were sitting around ready to expire and send them to Birthright
#30 of 343 Old 06-14-2006, 05:59 PM

I'd imagine the next big fight, I mean discussion, will be about the fed gov't putting out ads about breastfeeding. I saw on the news a mom interviewed who said they made her feel bad because she wasn't able to breastfeed.

Anyways, I have a sitter lined up tonight so DH and I could go on a date. I was thinking a movie (The Breakup or Prairie Home Companion), but now work has beckoned and will probably run terribly late tonight. I think DH said that he will let the sitter watch C and he is going to take M and E to Cars. They will have fun at that. Maybe this weekend.

I can't wait to hear who is the next pg one! Please someone wait for me!!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page