Dry diaper all night? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-01-2006, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2 month old ds slept all night last night and when I woke him to feed about 5:30, I was suprised that his diaper was dry. Is this okay, or a sign that he is not getting enough milk? THe last couple of weeks he has been fussy while nursing due to OAL issues but I think I've solved them by changing positions (making sure he is "uphill" from me or using the side-lying position). His feeding patterns have changed so much that it is really hard to tell when he's had "enough". He used to be a dawdler and would stay on the boob all day if he could! He completely soaked his diaper when he woke up for his morning poop, so I guess he just did not wake up enough to pee. He does have at least 8 wet cloth diapers per day, and his weight was very good when I took him to the pediatrician last week.
#2 of 6 Old 07-01-2006, 05:10 PM

My dd has been dry for a good chunk of the night (usually around six pm until after midnight) since about the same age. Same as you...good weight gain, good number of wet diapers otherwise, seems well hydrated.

I think if all of the other signs of adequate intake and no dehydration were there, he's probably okay.

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#3 of 6 Old 07-01-2006, 06:31 PM

I agree with PP. Keep an eye on weight gain and daytime diapers, and if those continue to be on track then I would magine everythinh is fine.
#4 of 6 Old 07-01-2006, 06:54 PM

My DS wakes up dry sometimes, he's 15 weeks. I'm no DR but I'm sure it is okay for there to be "dryspells".
#5 of 6 Old 07-01-2006, 06:59 PM

I remember posting about the same thing happening when dd was around 2 months it's happened only a couple of times since. I think it's just a freak thing sometimes where their body is in sleep mode and they just don't pee until they wake. don't worry, sounds like he has plenty of diapers the rest of the time so it's not a bad sign.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#6 of 6 Old 07-01-2006, 08:50 PM

Yep- that has happened here a few times with otherwise wet nights and days...as long as still nursing and wetting probably everything is fine. i am guessing that probably won't happen tonight!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page