post pregnancy moms... exercise support group?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 04-13-2003, 02:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well i have kinda fallen off the exercise wagon. The weather here has been cold and rain, rain, rain. Yuck Frances is also cutting two teeth at the same time so she is sleeping very little. But... this week I will try to do my exercise video and also walk every day if the weather is nice. We'll see if I follow through on it :
#32 of 41 Old 05-31-2003, 06:31 PM

Okay mommies - what happened to all of our enthusiam? I never lost that five pounds I talked about. The weather has been too crappy to excerise. Plus I sprained my ankle severly on May4th and was on crutches (with a four month old!!) for 2.5 weeks.

Enough excuses - I have started reading Dr. Sears nutrition book in hopes to boost my nutrient knowledge and get a handle on my eating habits. Better to start on that now before dd is eating solid foods.

How are the rest of you doing?
#33 of 41 Old 05-31-2003, 07:23 PM

Walking atleast 1/2 mile up to two miles a day, every day. I have stopped drinking caffine (for relactation purposes). I still have lost no weight . Although I just started walking everyday about two weeks ago. I am going to add some yoga and Tae Bo to my routine. I am so very tired of this baby weight!!! I will let you ladies know progress weekly....starting today

Height - 5'8
Weight (higher in evenings though and taken nekkid) 172.5
% Body Fat - 38% (Ouch)

My only excuse is that my son is only three months old and until very recently, I spent all my time with him. Somehow, my idiot brain realized that he loves the stroller (won't sling during our daily walks for some reason) and the stroller adds more of a workout while we walk. Sooooo, next week there had better be some results!!! Will keep you posted
#34 of 41 Old 05-31-2003, 10:37 PM

so glad you all posted......just feeling horrible about myself and i am also so tired of this weight. i have had two babies in less than two years and would like to lose about 25 pounds or so. i need a routine and it is so hard to get into one w/ 2 children. Anyhow, the summer is here and the weather is looking better, so i hope to get out more. good luck to you all..........
aimee
#35 of 41 Old 05-31-2003, 10:44 PM

Aim - here is my inspiration for you.... least you have 2 babies to show for an extra 25 pounds - I only have one to show for an extra 30!!!!

We can do this ladies... here is a tip to share.

I just read recently that people who keep a food diary are more likely to lose wieght. I started mine today - along with counting calories - they add up so quickly!!

It's a little tedious for sure - but hopefully within the next month I will get my appetite under control and shed some pounds.

Also my vent of the day - what is this crap about breastfeeding burning calories and helping you lose wieght? For sure it burns calories but most girls I know (self included) seem to retain the pounds - I guess as a shield against famine? Anyone else experience this?
#36 of 41 Old 06-01-2003, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

I am slowly losing the unwanted pounds but its coming. My post pregnancy exercise class finished last week. It was mainly to get those kegel muscles back in shape but it helps to tone one up. I also been walking a lot and going for bike rides.

yesterday went on all day bike ride... I think we biked 30 km! well that should shed a few pds. But dont think I will do that again it was brutal and the heat! The kids did great though.

but would like to ride and swim a few times a week. Still have a belly that I would like to tone up. That is my motto to tone those muscles.

Perhaps should put on my belly dancing video again.

Its summer already and ds is now over 4 months!! I sure lose the weight slower this time than with dd. With her nursing her was all I seemed to need to do. This time chasing after a preschooler and nursing still doesnt seem to do the trick and I am tandem nursing to top it off! More work is needed.

My diet is pretty good. (I am diabetic too so I watch what I eat and we have fresh squeezed juice each day too)

Take care and hang in there everyone. We can do it.

stephanie, tandem nursing mom.
#37 of 41 Old 06-08-2003, 12:07 PM

Well Ladies, Miss Maggie (more commonly known as Aunt Flow) is on her way into town and I have gained 2.5 lbs in water weight. Dammit.

Weight - 175 lbs
Body Fat 38%

Well, I started my Tae Bo, although not religously. I will this week though. I also ordered some Yoga which I will be incorporating this week too. Wish me luck and speedy weight loss....also, I started the Slim Fast diet. Or rather, my version. I have low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and need to eat, so I catch breakfast and shake my lunch and have a meal bar then eat a sensible dinner! Ok, here goes...
#38 of 41 Old 06-08-2003, 12:31 PM

Still at 173. I have no idea what my body fat is.

Lots of luck to Justice 2. I can't slim fast - still breastfeeding. I probably wouldnt anyway since I am not a fan of thick drinks. Trying to eat better - but you know what junky stuff just feels really really good!!! RATS!

I off-ed on the food journal a couple of days - back on it today. It does help you be more conscious of what you are putting in your mouth.

Went walking around the track for a total of a mile on Thursday. Walked this morning. Maybe will go to yoga today.

How is everyone else doing?
#39 of 41 Old 06-08-2003, 03:05 PM

ok, so I can't slim fast and breastfeed????? Hummmmmmm. Guess I will just have to yoga, tae bo and power walk (if the sun would ever come out)! Good Luck to you too Goodsense and everyone else on our weightloss wagon!
#40 of 41 Old 06-08-2003, 06:56 PM

Justice I am not sure if you can slimfast & bf (i just assumed). I went "exploring" the weight watchers site & I know they dont offer programs to bf mothers. I would call slimfast and see what they say or talk to a lac consultant or your ped. Good luck any which route you take.
#41 of 41 Old 06-09-2003, 07:14 PM

You can do Weight Watchers while breastfeeding--you get a higher daily point allowance. Slim-Fast is not recommended if you are breastfeeding because it is too calorie restrictive if you follow it as it instructs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page