teething?! OMFG! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-09-2006, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am going to jump out of a window! My three motnh old son, Joshua, HAS to be teething already. he is crying non stop - and when he tried to forcefully shove his fists in his mouth he accidentally punches himself in the face. THEN HE CRIES AND CRIES AND CRIES!

I don't know what to do to make him feel better. He looks so uncomfortable. =(

Someone please will his pain away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 12:02 AM

I have 3 words for you:

Hylands Teething Tablets

Now 5 more words:

Go and get you some!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:03 AM

I am so sorry - this is so hard to watch when your baby is in pain! Mine is 7 months old and just cut his third tooth - I cry every time I find a new one! I am a dork - All I can say is this.....mine did get his first tooth around 4 months and it seemed like as soon as it broke thru, it was much better. Before it came in, he was VERY drooly and did the same fist stuffing thing!
One thing that did work was putting pulverized (in the food processor) ice into one of those mesh bags w/ the little handles. I had to kind of hold it for him most of the time and it melted all over him - but it did seem to bring some relief!
Good luck
Old 07-10-2006, 04:23 PM

I second the advice on the Hylands teething tablets!!!! OMG!!! They are THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED FREAKING BREAD!!!!!
We got some yesterday and Katelyn was a totally different baby after we gave them to her!!!
She is also 3 mos and did the same stuffing the whole fist in the mouth thing.. She would also take her finger and rub on her lower gums and cry and cry. Poor thing!!! The teething tablets are magic pills I promise!!!!! I actually want to drive to the Hylands HQ and hug everyone there! LOL

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

Old 07-10-2006, 05:42 PM

my little guy is nine weeks and has the same symptoms... i feel so sad for him when he cries- it obviously hurts so much- so hugs to you mama. I have a question about hylands- are the tablets better that the gel? it seems like it would be easier to use the gel for a wee one, but everyone talks about the tablets so i wonder if they are better? And they are a homeopathic mix right?
Old 07-10-2006, 05:45 PM

My DD punches herself in the face like that, too.

None of my other kids had pain with teething & I hope Avery is the same...

I hope you find the Hylands work for your DS.

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
Old 07-11-2006, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taimarie
my little guy is nine weeks and has the same symptoms... i feel so sad for him when he cries- it obviously hurts so much- so hugs to you mama. I have a question about hylands- are the tablets better that the gel? it seems like it would be easier to use the gel for a wee one, but everyone talks about the tablets so i wonder if they are better? And they are a homeopathic mix right?
Yes, they are homeopathic, they are little lactose based pills, and they dissolve instantly. They are really cool, and they really do the trick!
Old 07-11-2006, 07:08 PM

the fun has just begun.......

Get some teething tablets......you're in for a wild ride

User Tag List