When do babies start giving kisses? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Twice during dinner tonight my very bright 7 month old turned my head with her hands to make me face her and planted her open mouth on mine. I swear she was giving me kisses. What do you think? Is she too young to know how to do that?
#2 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 08:35 PM

Nope. I can't remember when my dd started giving kisses, but it was at that age or earlier. Big, sloppy, wet, open-mouthed kisses! I love 'em! She's quite stingy with them these days, so enjoy them while you can .

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!
#3 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 08:35 PM

Nope not too young, imo, ds was 3 months when he started. I would kiss, him and say 'kisses' then he would go after my cheek, when I'd say kisses again...we would do this over and over. He's been getting less messy and wet with them, so I don't have to 'wipe up' my face as much
Its such a special time when this starts.

Dawn

75% Crunchy 25% Smooth
Raising 2 peanuts. #3 due in June bellyhair.gif

#4 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

auuhhhh...I'm so excited! my baby kissed me goodness knows she gets enough kisses to know how to do it
#5 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 10:51 PM

When I kiss my 4 MO she will open wide and try to suck my nose. Hey - who knows? I call it a kiss! And I can pretend it is if I want to!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#6 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
no. she's a girl, which statistically means she will do things on the "early side," and my boy did this from about 8-9 month range. so it doesn't seem too young from my personal experience. i remember thinking this when my first "smiled" at me at only 2 months and kept doing it. he seemed so yound and small and unable to control anything, but the consistency and all the "tests" i did to see if he was really smiling played it out.
#7 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 11:09 PM

I know my oldest was "kissing" by 5 months because I have a picture of her at Christmastime planting a big slobbery one on me. Ian is 6 mos and for the last week or two he's been grabbing my face and pulling me toward his mouth...I think he's kissing, but sometimes he does seem to be more interested in trying to teethe on my nose!
#8 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM

at 7 months DS started open mouth attacking me giggling.

course -- he ends up chewing on my chin most of the time.

A

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
#9 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 11:37 PM

DH and I have been disagreeing on this for the last week...our 6.5m daughter has been planting her open mouth on our cheek & neck, and she especially likes to suck on my chin. DH says she's trying to give kisses, but I thought she was just showing she's hungry.

But now I think he's right...It's a new thing (about a week now). She often does it right after she has finished nursing or when we give her a kiss.

Laura
#10 of 14 Old 07-26-2006, 11:40 PM

I *thought* she was kissing me for a long time, until I got the REAL ones, which just started this month. Before she'd basically open her mouth and drool on my face Now she puckers up perfectly, leans forward and plants it right on the mouth. So cute! She'll also kiss images in books/stuffed animals when I do it and then tell her too. I love it.

DD1 7/13/05 DD2 9/20/10
#11 of 14 Old 07-27-2006, 12:04 AM

Isa began giving herself kisses (in the mirror) when she was about 6 months and finally started sharing her kisses with papa and I at 7 months. Wide open mouth and sloppy sloppy!
#12 of 14 Old 07-27-2006, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri276
I *thought* she was kissing me for a long time, until I got the REAL ones, which just started this month. Before she'd basically open her mouth and drool on my face Now she puckers up perfectly, leans forward and plants it right on the mouth. So cute! She'll also kiss images in books/stuffed animals when I do it and then tell her too. I love it.
: Every word
#13 of 14 Old 07-27-2006, 02:02 AM

kellen kisses but hasn't been but for maybe a month? he's 9 months.
#14 of 14 Old 07-27-2006, 02:09 PM

Josh started giving himself open mouth kisses in the mirror when he was about 5 mo. He gives his sister kisses all the time, sometimes we can coax one out of him..it's the absolute sweetest thing ever!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page