June 2006 Mamas- here is a space! - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 12:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just realized the other day that right now a year ago, i was in the middle of my IVF cycle. I re-read some old journal entries... wow.. what a different place i was in.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#482 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 02:30 AM

I was definitely in a different place this time last year, too... Baghdad ;-) Seriously, though -- your success w/ IVF is awesome. I'm glad Ruby was able to be materialized! She looks like a kid bound to make her mark on this world.

Ugh. We got spooked last night because Nevie went on a screaming tirade like she's never done before. We went for a car ride to see if that helped... it didn't, so we went to the ER. And now I can't remember if I've already posted about this (Mommy Brain, eh?) so I won't write any more.

I got really flustered trying to nurse Nevie during brunch this morning. Just when I think I'm getting the discreet NIP thing down, I feel like it's all asses and elbows in there (which, in truth, I guess it is...) and my boob is just flying around for all to see and Nevie is crying and milk is soaking my new shirt and... blech. In any event, after last night's "trauma", it just really got to me and I felt like a crap mom and crap person for wanting to hide in the ladies room. But she wouldn't eat in there, either, so... oh well.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#483 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 03:56 AM

Megan. You KNOW you're not a crap mom for wanting to nurse her. but I know what you mean... NIP can be un-nerving if you feel you're being watched or judged. You're awesome for NIP. PERIOD.
I'm sorry you had to take Nevie to the ER. I'm glad she's ok. Now go get a big hug from your hubby and get some good sleep.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#484 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 07:32 AM

A million thanks! Hugs have been received. Sleep, though... well, maybe in a few more hours. We're 16 hours ahead of you here, so night has just begun to fall...

Alright, I know I should post this on the pictures thread (and I will) but there're two new posts on our blog. http://kranenburg.blogspot.com

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#485 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 08:05 AM

Korin, it truly is amazing the journey you guys went through to get your beautiful Ruby. We are all so incredibly blessed to have such healthy, happy (relatively speaking ) babies!

DH found free cloth diapers for us on freecycle, and I get to go pick them up this morning. I'm so excited! And then, DH and I are gonna take Sam to the annual summer fest here in our teeny little town. Mamas, I get funnel cake. Can I just tell you how excited I am about that? I haven't had funnel cake in about 4 years! Not to mention all the other terrible-for-me fair foods! And we will take the stroller, only 'cause my wrap isn't ready yet and the sling is getting a bit snug. Bubbas gets angry if she's in there while she's awake.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#486 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
I just realized the other day that right now a year ago, i was in the middle of my IVF cycle. I re-read some old journal entries... wow.. what a different place i was in.
Ya I hear that. I got pg last year around the middle-end of Sep but I didn't take a pg test until..and I remember that day like it was yeseterday...October 19th. (I missed my period @ the beginning of Oct. and was in denial for a couple wks. I woke up, got the test out of my dresser, took a deep breath w/ clamy hands, went into the bathroom, took the test, waited, looked at the results, thought to myself, called dh (he was away on buisness) and the first thing I said was, "Well..I guess I'm done smoking." He got the clue right away of course. (I picked the habit back up a couple months after dd was born. I smoked American Spirits). : And that was it..I was done smoking and growing a new little bean and now look where we are. *sigh* Time sure does fly. :
#487 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK
A million thanks! Hugs have been received. Sleep, though... well, maybe in a few more hours. We're 16 hours ahead of you here, so night has just begun to fall...

Alright, I know I should post this on the pictures thread (and I will) but there're two new posts on our blog. http://kranenburg.blogspot.com
love it! you, mommitola and korin are who inspired me to blog and my family just loves that i do it now. not always as witty as the aforementioned mamas but...how does it go? good enough for government work

love the pix mamas! ecomama - what/where is your dh's show in detroit this weekend? we're in an western burb of the city...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#488 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
you're full circle baby! :

i can't imagine what it's been like...but it seems it couldn't have happened to a better mama and papa - lovely ruby is so lucky!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#489 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 10:40 AM

Ahh...NIP!! I gave a good show to the mall yesterday! William was nursing and I was using a blanket to cover my exposed tummy...well Jackson grabbed the blanket and yanked it which caused me to lean forward which caused William to spin his head to see what was going on. Left my leaking boob out for the world to see.

All I saw was one womans reaction...she laughed and gave me "I know what you are going through" head shake. Very cool, since she was about my moms age and NOONE we know my moms age would ever consider nursing, no less nursing on a bench in the middle of the mall!!

~C~
#490 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola

Full disclosure on the jeans: that's a size 12! It's not like I'm magically a 0 now (nor would that work for my height, haha). The skinny jeans zip, but there's major muffin top. I realized I am one pound up from my pre-preg weight, but everything is definitely rearranged, so I can no longer go by numbers at all. It's amazing how the body changes.
This is so totally true!!! Ha!! Muffin Top!! Love it! I had a section w/ my 2nd (induction, fetal distress bulls#*t) and pants never fit the same. Still don't. I got back to prepregnancy weight, but like you said, the belly is somehow different. Im only 4'11", so the hipster style jeans are great for me cuz Im so short waisted, but now if they're too low, my belly hangs over like a Muffin Top! That description just kills me! Too funny! I can put on my size 12's but still a little too much muffin if you kwim! But my 14's fit perfectly. Can't wait to get into a size 10 again. Im very curvy, big bootie and big boobies, so I've never been rail thin. I have a very small waist (normally) so its tough to find jeans, pants to fit right. Thats why I love buying shoes, cuz they always fit just fine!!:
#491 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom
but...how does it go? good enough for government work
Oh man, don't even get me started after 4 1/2 years in the Air Force! It's sooooo true you don't even want to know.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pics. So fun sharing her with a new "family" here.

Sigh. What would I give for a Kohls or Target or Fred Meyer to find cheap nursing bras (and other new clothes to fit?). I'm so tired of the Base Exchange (whose nursing bras SUCK BIG FAT TOES, by the way) and online shopping. Major time-waster and paying for shipping bites. Off-base wasn't even an option before pregnancy, as the local gals are quite a bit more petite than moi. But, as long as Nevie's passport comes back in time, we are headed to Portland and Spokane in October! Tax-free shopping on the way! Wait. The BX is tax-free, too. OK, tax-free at stores I *like* on the way!

#492 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7
Ya I hear that. I got pg last year around the middle-end of Sep but I didn't take a pg test until..and I remember that day like it was yeseterday...October 19th. (I missed my period @ the beginning of Oct. and was in denial for a couple wks. I woke up, got the test out of my dresser, took a deep breath w/ clamy hands, went into the bathroom, took the test, waited, looked at the results, thought to myself, called dh (he was away on buisness) and the first thing I said was, "Well..I guess I'm done smoking." He got the clue right away of course. (I picked the habit back up a couple months after dd was born. I smoked American Spirits). : And that was it..I was done smoking and growing a new little bean and now look where we are. *sigh* Time sure does fly. :
I got my positive test result on October 18th! I woke up on my birthday (the 9th) though knowing that I was pregnant. I just had to wait long enough to get a positive! I must have tested about 12 times.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#493 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
love the pix mamas! ecomama - what/where is your dh's show in detroit this weekend? we're in an western burb of the city...
Its at the Gibraltar (sp?) center. There's a trade show pretty much every weekend there. He was at the Health Show there a couple weeks ago too. This weekend I guess is the Mother-to-Mother trade show...but I don't think it's in the same exact place as he is. Not sure. His buisness deals w/ water purifying/ionized minerals. The ionized minerals are from a rock called Black Mica, discovered by this man in Japan, Dr. Shimanishi. (He's actually in charge of the treatment and cleaning of water in Japan) - The solution has over 22 ionized minerals in it which act as catalysts and begin the process of changing oxygen in the water into Activated Oxygen. Here in America it's known as Roxtract Solution. In Japan it's known as Themerox. It's amazing. It's been proven that disease cannot live in a mineral efficient environment. (Read "Mineral Deficiency is the cause of all modern day diseases and illnesses" By Dr. Nojima (sp?) He actually uses Roxtract - Themarox in Japan to treat his patients and have many many testimonies that it has cured cancers/diabetes, etc.) But here in America we can't say "cured." The FDA will surely shut you down if you do. Anyways!..

I could go on and on...so much to explain about these minerals. You should definitely go check out his booth if you have a chance though! The show ends at 6pm today. His company is Roxtract North America. (Which will be changing actually)

Ok, enough rambling!
#494 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 11:35 AM

Hmmm, I think my plus sign showed up early, early in the morning on the 22d of October. I, too, had taken a couple tests earlier in the week but they were negative. I pretty much knew that I was pg, though... after we both returned from our deployments, we went to New Zealand for 12 days and had a lot of driving time to discuss everything. Well, throw me some great NZ wine and BAM -- baby. Before we knew her gender, we called her "Kiwi" in honor of her country of origin ;-) Anyway, the reason I knew is because a couple days after she must have been conceived, we were brushing our teeth at our B&B and suddenly Dan said, "Um, Megan? What's going on with your boobs?" He was looking at my nekkid reflection in the bathroom mirror and caught the fact that my right boob had inflated, gone kerblunky, and was all veiny. Left one normal. Strangest thing. I knew something like that wouldn't just be due to PMS! Eventually, of course, the left one caught up with her sister

#495 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
oh yeah, i put the pic on my blog, but i actually caught a pic today of milk shooting out of my boob when mikey pulled off i didn't intend to, but cracked me up and only you ladies will likely appreciate it
OMG!! Thats an awesome pic!! Your kids are beautiful by the way:
#496 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 11:43 AM

It's taken me a while to read the new posts, so now I dont' remember what I wanted to respond to!
It's true how different life is from this time last year. Kind of amazing.

NIP: I have only kind of mastered this. The other day DH and I were at Chipotle (restaurant, casual place) and P had to eat. DH was like, what are you doing to do, nurse here for everyone to see?? Duh, yeah. We compromised and stopped in the car, which was actually kind of comfortable.
On the other hand, I am surprised at how DH and I have similar gut instincts about raising kids. For example, P had his two month drs appointment yesterday and I was thinking I didn't want him to get his regular shots. At the least, I wanted to delay it all. I asked DH what he wanted to do, and he said wait. This without any discussion on our part.
So, now that we're not vaxing right now, it sure seems like going to these well baby checkups is a waste of time and money.
P weighs 14lbs, 4 oz (with casts...) he's a big boy!

I keep feeling like I have to be entertaining/occupying him. But doesn't he learn just by watching us do normal everyday things?

ok, more later. glad most everyone is well. to those with ppd.
#497 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai
it sure seems like going to these well baby checkups is a waste of time and money.
Yup! That's why I don't do them.

I stepped on the scale today. (120 btw..which means I've lost 2 more lbs..yippie! ...18 more lbs to go to be @ pre-pg weight) Then I held Elijah and got on..134! 14lber. My big boy. I measured him..26in! He's so long!
#498 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 11:51 AM

the other thing. I am tired of people telling me P will get used to not being held. Why should he??

and as for weight. I weigh a little less than when I got pregnant : but everything is in a different place...
#499 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 03:27 PM

Someone said we'd come full cicrle... actually, we (ryan and I ) still have our red bracelets on fromthe blessingway, and I decided we should take them off on the day Ruby was transfered, September 19th. She'll be almost 3 months old (on the 20th) so it's truly the end of the 4th trimester. THEN we'll befull circle. you're supposed to remove the red band when the baby is born, but we still haven't done it. Now i have a goodreason why.

Oh, and I have to say i have completely mastered NIP. Anytime, anywhere. It helps that at full engorgement I'm only a 36b/c.... much easier to pulli t out discreetly. I walk thru the grocery store nursing, and no one knows.

We haven't been to any well checkups since our 6 week visit with the MW. Our doc is the NE in my office, and she'll come to us if we need too. however when i was in the office for a meeting the other day, I weighed myself with RUby and i think she's about 11.5 almost 12 lbs.

Oh and I got my + beta (preg test) on the 28th. That is a day i'll NEVER forget.

#500 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7
Yup! That's why I don't do them.

I stepped on the scale today. (120 btw..which means I've lost 2 more lbs..yippie! ...18 more lbs to go to be @ pre-pg weight) Then I held Elijah and got on..134! 14lber. My big boy. I measured him..26in! He's so long!

Looks like we have the same goals..I was 119 pounds Wednesday..my goal is 105. I am only 5 feet tall, so that is just right for me!!

~C~
#501 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selesai
So, now that we're not vaxing right now, it sure seems like going to these well baby checkups is a waste of time and money.
P weighs 14lbs, 4 oz (with casts...) he's a big boy!

We do the well baby checks because IF something was to happen...children services can't say you didn't vax have been neglecting medical care. Sort of a cover your a@@ thing...

~C~
#502 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248
We do the well baby checks because IF something was to happen...children services can't say you didn't vax have been neglecting medical care. Sort of a cover your a@@ thing...

~C~
I did that for a time, but after 4 kids and a great relationship with our family practice md, it really was just a waste of time...so I think I gave up the CYA visits about the time dd3 was an infnat. We do sick visits when we have to and a pre-school check (required by the state) and that's it. and I do all our visits together in one day so it's a lot more convenient.

I found out we were pg on Oct 1 - St Therese's feast day (same church we'll have Mikey baptized at). I the Little Flower so though I don't remember my other girls + pg test dates, I'll likely always remember his...I also have the silver rose bead on our DDC bracelet to help me remember Korin - I made the full circle comment - that is really neat - are you and Ryan gonna do a little ceremony on Sept 19? How meaningful!

Ecomama - sorry it's Lisa, right? I either have people in my brain by name or handle...anyway...does your dh have a website? There's no way I'll get down to Gibralter, but I know exactly where he's at - LOL! that sounds right up my dh's alley - LMK if he has a website or I'll just have my dh google for more info.

Megs_BK - see I get that saying from my dh who was 4yrs army desert storm and 4yrs air force national guard...and sometimes Kohls has free shipping specials, keep an out!

#503 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248
Looks like we have the same goals..I was 119 pounds Wednesday..my goal is 105. I am only 5 feet tall, so that is just right for me!!

~C~
Yep. I'm only 5'2".
#504 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:

Ecomama - sorry it's Lisa, right? I either have people in my brain by name or handle...anyway...does your dh have a website? There's no way I'll get down to Gibralter, but I know exactly where he's at - LOL! that sounds right up my dh's alley - LMK if he has a website or I'll just have my dh google for more info.
Yep. Tis Lisa. : We do have a website. http://www.roxtracth2o.com You'll find LOTS of great info. And BTW- Don't pay attention to pricing should you decide you want minerals or a system because I can definitely get you (or anyone for that matter! ) a sweet deal.
#505 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 07:53 PM

See I go away for a few hrs and another page has been added! LISA-great web site what a great co. your dh works for.

I was TTA pg and was on bc and starting nfp drugs and i dont mix. and i became pg I found out on oct 16 my dh b day is oct 22 i gave him the teat as a presant after 2 kids he was like whats this,men aahhh!

I do have to go back to work at some point,sooner than i wished though do you have any suggestions(sp) I need some thing thats quiet Ihave madela single elecrtic/batt opp.

baby calls feed me! chat soon! loving my little girl:

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#506 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 08:05 PM

I have a medela PIS. and I love it. now that i've gotten it down, i can get a couple of ounces in about 5 minutes.I only pump once a day, as I'monly working two half days. I do have a litttle stash in the freezer too.

#507 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicmama
LISA-great web site what a great co. your dh works for.
Thanks. It's his company
#508 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 08:51 PM

Great googly moogly, ladies - we really ARE a chatty bunch!

Had K baptized today; she was unimpressed and slept like a rock through the whole thing

2 really special things: She was able to wear the gown I was baptized in, and the bracelet and ring both my mom and I were baptized in...we weren;t sure if she would be able to or not, because mom and I were oth baptized aroudn 1 month old, and, well, let's just say that K is a little bit bigger than we were as infants...I'm making cream here ladies, I did the home scale thing too last night, and she's 14 pounds on our scale.

Also on the plus side, I'm down 3 more pounds...gotta remember to thank her for being so sensitive to dairy and greasy foods; I haven't had a bowl of ice cream or a piece of cheese in almost 2 months...sucks for my taste buds, but great for my waistline!! Too bad once she outgrows the seisitivity, I won't have the inclination to keep that up on my own. HA!

You know, I have NO idea when I got my + sign....but I do know I tested before I misseed my period, so it was some time before October 14, cause my one before that was Sept 14 (my bday, that's how I remember that part - )

What else to comment on?......Ah yes - yay to all the NIP-ing goign on - rock on, mamas!!

Sarah, re: the training/screaming...um, yeah. I WANT my baby to know I'll come running when she needs me...day or night, that's my job, as far as I'm concerned. You keep doing what your heart tells you is right, and nuts to anyone who tries to tell you you'll regret it. I have so many warm, fuzzy memories of late night snuggles that I can look back on now that my very independent 2-1/2-year-old doesn't want me to touch him while he goes to sleep - oh - DH or I still have to be in the room with him until he falls asleep, but we aren't allowed to *touch* him.

So - uh, maybe I'll go start a weekly thread cause I have a linky to post....OK? then we can dump this monster thread and start fresh, since we all like to gab so much!!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#509 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 09:06 PM

KORIN_:

Is pis quiet? the walls are thin and you can here echos where i work,i just dont want my business herd.

/NIKI/

BTW RUBY ROCKS she's so cute!

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#510 of 510 Old 08-27-2006, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

To Be continued here:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=1#post5882993

see you there!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page