June 2006 Mamas- here is a space! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 510 Old 08-08-2006, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sooo...uh.....how much awake, happy, alert time are you all getting out of your little ones at this point? I'm only getting 30 minutes or so content at a time now, after nursing and she doesn't fall asleep at the breast, or if she wakes up cause of a diaper that needs to be changed and doesn't go back to sleep right away...then she starts to get cranky REAL fast...either needs to be slung to sleep, or wants to eat again.

Anybody else, or do I have a crankpot?

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#122 of 510 Old 08-08-2006, 11:09 PM

Elliot will be 8 weeks tomorrow! I cannot believe it. He's all smiles and loves to talk to us. He's also madly in love with his oldest brother. Both boys are so cute with him. We are finally getting the best of the thrush ... he still has white patches in his mouth, so I keep stuffing him full of probiotics. The diaper rash is just about gone, and I've stopped using anything but raw honey on it. It's so good that I can actually put a diaper cover on him now and not have it all red in 30 minutes. He pees so much - we are changing him on average every 30 minutes.

He's a pretty good sleeper - though in a house of late birds, he is the lone early bird (actually he's bringing out my buried early bird - I had to convert due to dh and my older boys). He typically goes down for the night between 6pm and 7pm - some nights he'll go down really nicely; on other's we'll have about 45 minutes of the "witching hour" before he gives in to sleep. He sleeps two really good chunks while I'm still awake with the other boys and then dh; once I get to bed, he's up a couple times between midnight and about 6:30am. Dh will get up early with him (poor guy ... he loves sleeping in) and take him for a walk. He also tends to take 3-4 good chunk-like naps during the day. So, if we could adjust the bedtime by just one hour (8pm to 8am), we'd be in heaven. I think he might be working towards that as sometimes he'll stay up until about 7:30. Though I have to admit having the evening to just focus on the two older boys, get dinner made, etc, is kind of nice.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#123 of 510 Old 08-08-2006, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The4OfUs
Sooo...uh.....how much awake, happy, alert time are you all getting out of your little ones at this point? I'm only getting 30 minutes or so content at a time now, after nursing and she doesn't fall asleep at the breast, or if she wakes up cause of a diaper that needs to be changed and doesn't go back to sleep right away...then she starts to get cranky REAL fast...either needs to be slung to sleep, or wants to eat again.

Anybody else, or do I have a crankpot?
That's not too far off from Elliot's routine. If I think about it, he's probably only wake about 3-4 hours a day - usually in-between naps and such - and is happiest when being held. I guess I have to edit my comment above about his naps ... I think he takes 3-4 naps during the day (about 2 hours each) and is awake between them. Anways ... sometimes he'll be happy an hour and then want to sleep and sometimes it's about half an hour before sleep calls.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#124 of 510 Old 08-08-2006, 11:42 PM

I think we get about 4-6 happy (non-eating) awake times in a day...lasting b/t 15-30 minutes each. The rest is cat napping throughout the day, slinging here and there, he does like the swing too.

we're not too routined, but we're up b/t 7-9am, happy time for about 20-30 minutes while i pump. nurse a bit, cat nap, nurse some more, more happy time or a cat nap then he usually has a longish nap in the late morning or around lunch 2-3 hours, then more bouts of happy time, nursing and cat naps, another longer period of sleep in the late afternoon and then usually asleep for the night around 9-10pm. I usually go to bed and put him in the co-sleeper and I have no idea how long he sleeps (no clock in my room) but anywhere b/t 4-6 hours usually and then once he's up for his first nursing, he sleeps with me and nurses every hour I'd say until morning.

he's so happy but i promise - no : b/c i had my share of crankpot in dd2

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#125 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 12:39 AM

Hmmm . sleep. I think this is how it's going rightnow....
Ruby usually goes down for the night between 8-10 and will be in bed till 7-9 AM. I dont' know how long she sleeps, but she nurses anywhere from 3-5 times during that time. I assume every 2-3 hours. During the day, she is either happy a lot or not. (ha that is descriptive, eh?) she can be up for several hours happy, or she'll be up for 1 hour and then pass out. I think she's growing agian, as she slept for a long long time this afternoon (off an on for 4 hours) and is pooping out soon. (cranky right now but Ryan has her on the ball, and i think she'll be out any time. (it's 8:30). Her daytime naps aren't regular, sometimes she'll have a morning nap, and sometimes not. she does nap everyafternoon, but so far it's not anything that seems regular.
She's also switching from pooping many times a day to one or two HUGE poops. So far no blow outs.... but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#126 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 07:43 AM

Marlow poops every other day now. It really freaked me out at first but her ped told us that she coud go for a lot longer without it being a problem.

Our sleep patterns are usually in bed by 9 pm and nursing every 3-5 hours until about 8 am when she's up for a couple of hours. She still takes 2-3 hour naps.

Last night after I got hom from work she nursed from 5:30-9pm! Actively sucking away. I had to switch boobs because I was getting sore and she freaked out until she knew there was another boob coming. I've never had her nurse for so long before.:
#127 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 08:08 AM

Oh my... serious crank fest tonight! She had a great morning, then a long afternoon nap. Finally woke up around 7pm and I thought she'd be hungry. Instead she just screeeeeeamed while I sprayed milk everywhere. Awesome. Anyway, Dan has her now and she's crashed out again.

As far as any kind of routine ~ kind of early to tell, but seems like she does this crazy crying routine every evening starting anywhere between 7 and 9 pm. Goes on for an hour or so. Eventually she calms down, eats for a while, then really goes to bed by 10 or 10:30. Up again at 2:30 and that one lasts a couple hours. She has a very cheerful awake time during that mid-morning feeding session. Bully for her, right? ;-) I take her back into bed with me and now I'm just leaving her by my side instead of the co-sleeper so that I can pop the breast in her mouth when she wakes up again. She nurses/sleeps on & off the rest of the morning, but it seems like I get good 2-hr stretches until 9am or so. Yesterday we lollygagged until 10am! Crazy. So... I think I need to put *myself* on more of a routine if I ever hope to get one out of her! I feel like I got more done in the day when I'd get up when Dan left for work and putz around the house while she kept sleeping, so I should probably set myself a morning limit and stick to it.

Other than these evening crazies, things are good. I've really started committing to a fitness routine the last week now that I feel good enough to be seriously active again. We walk the hills around here and I've been doing a postnatal pilates workout. Today I added some Quick Fix arm/buns/legs stuff. The scale hasn't budged in 3 weeks, so I'm getting a bit desperate!

OK, this post is way too long now!

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#128 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

speaking of weight loss/fitness..

I signed up for a cardio/tone class in Sept and I am also starting boot camp 3 mornings a week. Its at 5:30 am. But I cannot go to a club since I will not/ can not put Maggie in the nursery for several months. So I will do it around dh's schedule for now.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#129 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
She's also switching from pooping many times a day to one or two HUGE poops.
Elijah too. He poops once a day now. There have been a couple days where he didn't poop but mainly it's everyday. BUT...we HAVE HAD some blow outs folks. Oh yes indeed. Yesterday he had a pretty major one. It leaked out of both sides of his diaper and onto the bouncer chair. *sigh* It was lovely..and now the chair has yellow poop stains. What can I say? He is his fathers son!

He's 6wks 5days today. Right now we're nak and he's about to go back to sleep. That's pretty much a routine. We wake up somewhere between 8-9am (although these past few days he and his sister have been waking up @ 7am..) He's as happy as a clam and then wants to nurse and goes back to sleep like 30-45min after he wakes. He's a really happy baby I must say. Much different then his sister. She cried alot.

Well I had more I wanted to write about but my mind just drew a blank. : Perhaps I'll remember it later and come back. :

But I do have a question though. Every morning when I wake up and get out of bed.. my ankles hurt. They feel really sore. It takes a few minutes of walking around for it to go away but I can't really figure out why they're so sore? Is it just because I'm on my feet alot (I am) and so after I rest they just have to adjust? It's really strange. I mean, I know it has to have something to do w/ being pg and now not being pg (at least I think) but I just don't understand. Anyone have any takes on this?
#130 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcoMama7
But I do have a question though. Every morning when I wake up and get out of bed.. my ankles hurt. They feel really sore. It takes a few minutes of walking around for it to go away but I can't really figure out why they're so sore? Is it just because I'm on my feet alot (I am) and so after I rest they just have to adjust? It's really strange. I mean, I know it has to have something to do w/ being pg and now not being pg (at least I think) but I just don't understand. Anyone have any takes on this?
It could be the extra fluid your body retains while pregnant. It can take months for it to leave your body, and if you're on your feet, it's pooling at your ankles. Or maybe I'm talking out of my butt.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#131 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 03:13 PM

EcoMama7, my feet, ankles, and actually my whole legs are really sore when I first get up too! I probably look like a hobbit trying to walk to the bathroom. Then, a few minutes later it's back to normal. I have no idea why, either, but attributed it to pregnancy. What sehbub said sounds about right. My feet, ankles, and legs were totally swollen during pregnancy with all that fluid. I actually have all this dry dead skin on my feet that I need to scrub off because of my feet shrinking. It's in my bellybutton too. Appetizing, hm?
#132 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 03:17 PM

Also, Talula's poop is pretty much normal. She has a couple of big ones and a few small ones per day.

Exercise - It's so hard to get motivated when I'm tired. We have been walking most places though. Dh is leaving for Portland on Tuesday, and I'll probably be exercising a lot while he's gone though. I don't want to look like a fat slob when I come up there to meet him.

By the way, you know what really helped me with that last 10 pounds when I had Tania? Tae Bo. I had one of those videos and it made me lose that weight in about 2 weeks.

Talula has been cranky since we came back from camping. I don't think she likes reality as much as she likes sleeping with the beach right outside and going nakey all day long.
#133 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megs_BK
So... I think I need to put *myself* on more of a routine if I ever hope to get one out of her! I feel like I got more done in the day when I'd get up when Dan left for work and putz around the house while she kept sleeping, so I should probably set myself a morning limit and stick to it.
I could have written that! Evie and I *could* lounge in bed until 11:30, but I'm trying to make myself get up around 9. If we don't get used to that, it's going to kick my butt when dh goes back to work when school starts!
#134 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 08:23 PM

I have a built in "routine" because DS wakes up at the crack of dawn every day, and *someone* has to be up to supervise him (DH is getting ready and going to work at that time).

So, we're up at about 6am,then breakfast, then some time outside, then some time inside, then lunch at noon, then more outside, then mroe inside, then dinner at 6, then bedtime (DS doesn't take a nap so we start bedtime right after dinner).

So, basically DD just kind of sidles into that routine, and then after DS is asleep she's up with us until we both go to sleep, either after her 8-ish feeding or her 10-ish feeding.

re: exercise...um, what's that again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia
I don't think she likes reality as much as she likes sleeping with the beach right outside and going nakey all day long.
Well really, who would? Sometimes reality is WAY overrated.

#135 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 08:40 PM

It took Sam a week to adjust to being back in her room after we got back from the beach. She slept right inside our patio door in her swing with the ocean about 100 yards away. Baby got spoiled!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#136 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 09:10 PM

ruby has a mild fever and is soooooo moan-y. poor baby!! lots of snuggling and boob time today. she woke up warm at 5 am and has been cranky ever since. i know its probably just a mild cold, but it still breaks my heart!!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#137 of 510 Old 08-09-2006, 10:22 PM

I'm so sorry, Korin! Here's hoping Ruby is all better very soon!

#138 of 510 Old 08-10-2006, 12:14 AM

I think I have a plugged duct....It hurts really bad!!! anyone experience this?? any ideas to help heal??? ive been nursin on it a lot & hot packs
#139 of 510 Old 08-10-2006, 08:29 PM

Hi everyone: . DS turned 2 months on saturday and we had a wonderful birth celebration for him. We are still adjusting and I only took DS and DD (almost 3) out for the first time yesterday. I went to the grocery store and I put DD in the cart and carried DS in the Moby.
#140 of 510 Old 08-10-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleighsmilkbar

I think I have a plugged duct....It hurts really bad!!! anyone experience this?? any ideas to help heal??? ive been nursin on it a lot & hot packs
I think you're doing exactly what you should be doing..I hope you feel better soon!!

#141 of 510 Old 08-10-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub
I'm so sorry, Korin! Here's hoping Ruby is all better very soon!
:

#142 of 510 Old 08-10-2006, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap
I went to the grocery store and I put DD in the cart and carried DS in the Moby.
Yeah, I like carrying DD in my wrap better than in my pouch, and then DS still gets to sit in the cart...

#143 of 510 Old 08-10-2006, 10:23 PM

Mastitis, round THREE. Ugh.
#144 of 510 Old 08-10-2006, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog
Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear that. Get better soon.

Nevie is... well... ask me again in a few weeks. She just seems to fuss all the time and nurse all the time (sometimes even effectively...) Her last two diapers were mucousy (i think), so I called the clinic this morning. Basically I'm going to just keep an eye on it and call back Monday if no change. She doesn't have a fever or a sore tummy. I'll cut out dairy and see if that helps. No biggie. I like soy milk just fine.

Megan. Student Physical Therapist. Married & Mom to Geneva (6/30/06). Recent transplant to the rainy side of the Cascades.
#145 of 510 Old 08-11-2006, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianSheepDog
Hope you're feeling better soon!
#146 of 510 Old 08-11-2006, 12:58 AM

Oooh sorry about the mastitis! that's horrible. I hope you feel better soon.

I just realized Ruby has thrush in her mouth AGAIN.. at least I'm free of it for now... back to the treatment!

Her fever was gone today, but she was super cranky, and very needy and she hasn't pooped all day. I fear this poop that's coming!!! I couldn't put her down all day (except once to go to the bathroom, and for 15 mins to fold some diaper laundry) I'm pooped. She of course wasn't soothed by daddy, so I was even on duty when he got home I'm pooped!! SHe's finally asleep now, and not in my arms... so I'm gonna post some new pix of her sweetness.

#147 of 510 Old 08-11-2006, 01:54 AM

hannah was quite fussy today also.....just wanted to be in the sling, but i can't complain cuz she's not really fussy from 8pm-1am everynight like haleigh was the first 2 1/2 months!

Korin-- hope the thrush goes away soon!
#148 of 510 Old 08-11-2006, 10:22 AM

Hi all! Time sure does fly by!! Kaleigh is getting bigger by the second. hubby is having a hard time with her since Abby was such a daddys girls, and Kaleighsthe opposite. She HAS to have her mommy. We are having awful fussy times at night, and unsure as to what it could be. Nothing seems to soothe her except a car ride, once in a while I can, but its getting harder. Shes not a real active baby, and seems to sleep a lot more than many babies, so it could be overstimulation or being overtired and having a hard time getting to sleep then. Any suggestions? She loves to watch the trees outside almost more than anything. She loves music. She has been pretty consistant and gotten into a pretty good routine, except when shes fussy. Last night we almost made it with her sleeping to miss the fussy time. She woke up a little later, ate, played, and then it hit. She still VERY stuffy and seems like suctioning isnt enough. Ped says its normal. Talked to them about her eyes, looks like snotty stuff, and doesnt always seem to produce tears, also not worried about that. I am though. I think she has a plugged duct, and need to look at getting a new Ped. Im just overwhelmed this time with this baby, but Im LOVING it. I wouldnt trade her or this experience for anything in the world.

Michelle Abby (07/27/01),fambedsingle1.gif Kaleigh(06/25/06),angel.gif (12/25/07),angel.gif (10/06/09),cat.gif Storm (11/4/06)cat.gif Rainy (05/10)

#149 of 510 Old 08-11-2006, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schellie
I think she has a plugged duct...
One of the other MDC mamas suggested to me (when I was worried about Nevie's eye) to squirt a little breastmilk in it. I tell ya, it was magic. Worth a shot!

#150 of 510 Old 08-11-2006, 12:45 PM

yes mikey wakes up with goopy eyes just about every morning. i squirt a little BM in there and poof! gone until the next day and sometimes even the next day he's fine. same thing with the stuffy noses mamas - just express some into a cup and use a little dropper to suck it back up and then squirt inside their noses (or if you can manage it squirt from boob into nose). it does wonders! also good for baby acne and diaper rashes...my dh keeps teasing me that if it's so great for everything, why isn't it getting rid of the thrush? - haha honey! but seriously, put that breastmilk on any problem areas, i'll tell you one thing it's not going to hurt and it will probably help!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page