June 2006 Mamas- here is a space! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 510 Old 07-29-2006, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lets use this to start the talk!

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#2 of 510 Old 07-29-2006, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
just wanted to say :
I am sad that the ole ddc is closing, but happy we graduated

For those that did the bead exchange, I still have mine close to my heart! And will for a long long time!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#3 of 510 Old 07-29-2006, 04:04 PM

Thanks Amys1st for starting a thread. Like Sarah, I'll miss our DDC but glad we've graduated!

So lets see..Elijah is 5wks 1day. Time seriously flies by. He really enjoys bath time now. He tries to talk already too. If I start making "coo" sounds to him, he does it right back it me. It's so cool..and just melts my heart. He loves being talked to and kissed. I call him my Little Mister..and he smiles like everytime I say it. He is really starting to move move move. I have a feeling that he's gonna be an early walker. ! Marley started walking @ 13 months so I hope he waits until he's at least a year. I dunno..I just have a feelings he's gonna start before that though so, we'll see.

Well, we're all doing great. Hope everyone is also!
#4 of 510 Old 07-29-2006, 04:28 PM

I had an early walker - ds#2 was 9 months!!! He was ahead of the *schedule* for all his physical/motor skills, but we were still a little surprised he walked so early.

Elliot seems to be moving along like ds#1 ... their pregnancies were very similar, they look just alike ... I'll be curious to see how Elliot develops in comparrison. As I wrote in on our DDC, we are still battling thrush - mostly in Elliot's mouth and his horrible yeast diaper rash. So I'm off to the store to get more of the OTC anti-fungal as it seems to work better than the prescription triple cream stuff that contains Nystatin. Although are family doctor said the prescription should clear it up. I guess we can switch between the two each diaper change.

Otherwise, I can't believe he's 6 weeks and 2 days. He's looking so much like an infant and not a newborn. He's starting to giggle which is totally cute. And other than getting really upset when he's wet or poopie (it's the rash), he's a very happy baby. I know we are making gains on the thursh too because he's much less gassy and uncomfortable, so we must be winning the battle and killing the yeast in his system.

Oh, and I have to say that I am in love with Little Beetles diapers! They are my new favorite and look so cute on him. I'll post pictures later when I get them uploaded.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#5 of 510 Old 07-29-2006, 04:42 PM

#6 of 510 Old 07-29-2006, 05:18 PM

Hi! I can't believe we got the boot so soon.

6w1d here. And we're joining the thrush club, waaaahhhh. It was only a matter of time since I'm taking antibiotics for a UTI. We're both using Nystatin and I'm taking GSE and the usual probiotics. Her mouth seems to be better after a day of Nystatin, she's slurping less and stopped pulling off and crying.

I also overdid it with housework and stretched an internal stitch in my c-section incision. Ow. Somehow last week seemed easier. Not that I want to go back in time. She's so freakin' cute, but I love that each day she's a little more "human."

Last night she expressed a preference for a person for the first time. My husband handed her to her Nana, and she screeched and reached back for him while giving the dirtiest look. So he took her back, and she relaxed completely. To be honest, I can see why since Nana is incapable of holding her without squashing her little face into her shoulder :
#7 of 510 Old 07-29-2006, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommitola

Last night she expressed a preference for a person for the first time. My husband handed her to her Nana, and she screeched and reached back for him while giving the dirtiest look. So he took her back, and she relaxed completely. To be honest, I can see why since Nana is incapable of holding her without squashing her little face into her shoulder :
I just had to laugh at envisioning Nana suffocating poor little babe against her shoulder

J.C will be 4wks tomorrow and I just can't believe its been that long already! My parents are here from Ca and are leaving tomorrow and Im so bummed. Its been so nice having them here for the week Plus having the girls be distracted with them has made it a wee bit easier w/ me and the babe.

We're still battling thrush also: My nipples are starting to feel a bit better. Its just extremely painful now instead of near fainting from the excruciating painfulness.

I can't believe that he's already trying to pick up his head and can hold it straight for a few seconds. I also caught him coo'ing a bit yesterday and it was soooo cute! I just can't wait till the coo's and smiles start to be more frequent.
#8 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 12:53 AM

Ryker seems to be a spit up machine lately
Yesterday he threw up big time 3 times in a row, Dustin thinks it was from the heat.
Today he's thrown up a few times also and last night before i'd try and burp him it would just pool back out of his mouth.

?Anyone gettin bad headaches?
I had a horrible one last night wasn't too bad when i went to bed so i didn't take anything and went to bed when i woke up at midnight it hurt so bad i was about to cry, i ended up taking 2 tylenol and was finally able to get back to bed.

Ryker will be 2months old tomorrow

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#9 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 04:30 AM

I can't believe how fast the time goes!

Sam was 3 months on the 20th, and passed her one month adjusted age birthday on Thursday. Of course, on Thursday I also entered my 10th wk of pregnancy.

It's so much fun to watch her interact with everyone. We just spent a week at the beach with my extended family, and she is starting to latch on to faces and smile at people. It's really hard to believe that the next time they all see her, she'll be walking and talking, and there will be a 5 or 6 month old on my hip!!

I just made a video of Sam's pictures from birth if anyone's interested. I posted it on the preemie/nicu board, but most of you aren't on there! So here it is:
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...id=0&utm_sourc

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#10 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 10:31 AM

i love that so many of us really don't even have june babes but consider ourselves june mamas - the power of a DDC! Sarah, btw my best friend is in your feb DDC - ekblad8

mikey was 7 wks yesterday, lots of smiles, almost laughs (only did it once for dh), battling very mild thrush w/yogurt and acv pretty successfully...

eyes are still a deep blue, it'd be cool if they stayed, but i have a feeling they'll change - dh, dd2 and dd3 are brownies, i'm hazel green/brown and dd1 is hazel green/blue.

he looks like an infant now, not so much a newborn. he still loves the swing, being outside and "baby talk" - I still love my mayatie and have used the moby a few more times...it's just so hot outside, it's hard for me to wrap.

he seems to be outgrowing the small fuzzibunz (esp. in the thighs) and i think i'll be officially retiring the size 0 kissaluvs. i have some size 1 coming, but what i really love are the size med swaddlebee fitteds. so far so good on the CDing, this is my first time CDing from birth (started at 4mo with my dd3) and the only leaks we've had so far are due to repelling fleece which i was able to solve with dawn.

i've started pumping to build up a bottle supply of EBM for when i go back to work in sept. still don't know if i'll be part or full time...that's SO frustrating, but i guess i'll take what i get. (if i'm FT, i'll be the breadwinner and dh the sahp for the first time - for the last 2 years we've both worked PT and sahped while the other one worked) ...sigh...anyway i can get about 2-4oz at a time (usually pump 1-2x/day) and considering i'm BFing exclusively i figure that's pretty good 'cause that's in excess of what he needs/eats. i'm a little worried about being able to pump and keep up with his demands if i go full time though b/c all i have is a little medela pump (it's electric and double, but it's supposed to be for 'occasional use' - it's not one of the heavy duty ones, but we can't afford one of those right now when i have this one...i guess we'll see...)

whew - it's hard to cover all the bases in one place. it was nicer when we had separate threads inside our DDC, but i guess this is how they get us to 'branch out' right?

Hope to see more of you!! Glad to see those of you here!!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#11 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 02:34 PM

:
I wasn't in you DDC, but I do have a June babe so I hope it's okay to join this thread.

My ds was born June 5th so is just about 2 months old now. Dh and I moved to Germany when I was about 8 months pregnant, so I've been feeling a little overwhelmed to be in a new country, away from family, and with a new baby. But I am adapting and, happily, it seem Ellis is a pretty easy baby. He's healthy and we've avoided any major difficulties. Breastfeeding is going well and he seems happy in his cloth diapers, though I've never done this much laundry in my life I was hoping for better luck wearing him. He likes being in the sling if he's already comfy and sleepy, but hates it if he's at all fussy or gassy. In those cases he seems to prefer being upright and my sling won't accomodate that. My mom is making me a mei tei, which should arrive from the States any day now. So, I'm hoping for more success with that.

It's been really fun watching him become more aware of the world around him. It's so amazing how fast little babies grow and change. He's giving us lots of big smiles/ laughs now, though we can't always figure out why he's smiling.

Nice to read everyone's post and about your little ones.
#12 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 02:58 PM

Hi mamas! Boy, it's good to "see" you all again. I've been bopping around the boards a bit but not typing much as I hate to type one-handed. Takes forever!

Sebastian is 5w6d today and is in 3-6 month size clothes. It's so odd. I remember Qualia being at the high end of the growth charts but she just seemed so tiny, and she stayed in her size 0 Kissaluvs, for example, until she was almost 5 months old. Here he is, still pretty much brand new, and everyone always comments on how he looks like he's 3 months old, between his size and his head/neck control. I like not having that "super fragile" feeling I had with Qualia where I was afraid I'd break her, but I kind of miss having a tiny little baby to snuggle, too.

He's starting to smile a lot and get really interested in our faces. And oh boy! He has a VERY mischievous smile. I think we're in for some interesting adventures!

I just adore watching him sleep. I could watch him breathe for hours. Does anyone else do that? (Not literally for hours . . . Qualia would never let me sit still that long!)
#13 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
In those cases he seems to prefer being upright and my sling won't accomodate that. My mom is making me a mei tei, which should arrive from the States any day now. So, I'm hoping for more success with that.
I hope so! my kids have all disliked the cradle position that a sling/pouch offers a newborn, so we've done the meitai/upright hold from the start!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#14 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 08:02 PM

Hi - just checking in from my parents to get subbed to the thread for when I get back home abd read this thread - see y'all then!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#15 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub
I can't believe how fast the time goes!

Sam was 3 months on the 20th, and passed her one month adjusted age birthday on Thursday. Of course, on Thursday I also entered my 10th wk of pregnancy.

It's so much fun to watch her interact with everyone. We just spent a week at the beach with my extended family, and she is starting to latch on to faces and smile at people. It's really hard to believe that the next time they all see her, she'll be walking and talking, and there will be a 5 or 6 month old on my hip!!

I just made a video of Sam's pictures from birth if anyone's interested. I posted it on the preemie/nicu board, but most of you aren't on there! So here it is:
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p...id=0&utm_sourc
that video was great!!! made me cry! : thanks for sharing sarah!
#16 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelD
:
I wasn't in you DDC, but I do have a June babe so I hope it's okay to join this thread.

My ds was born June 5th so is just about 2 months old now. Dh and I moved to Germany when I was about 8 months pregnant, so I've been feeling a little overwhelmed to be in a new country, away from family, and with a new baby. But I am adapting and, happily, it seem Ellis is a pretty easy baby. He's healthy and we've avoided any major difficulties. Breastfeeding is going well and he seems happy in his cloth diapers, though I've never done this much laundry in my life I was hoping for better luck wearing him. He likes being in the sling if he's already comfy and sleepy, but hates it if he's at all fussy or gassy. In those cases he seems to prefer being upright and my sling won't accomodate that. My mom is making me a mei tei, which should arrive from the States any day now. So, I'm hoping for more success with that.

It's been really fun watching him become more aware of the world around him. It's so amazing how fast little babies grow and change. He's giving us lots of big smiles/ laughs now, though we can't always figure out why he's smiling.

Nice to read everyone's post and about your little ones.
Welcome!! Hope you like it here and congrats on your new addition!
#17 of 510 Old 07-30-2006, 09:30 PM

ran out of time to post off to give the little tike a bath, will catch up w/ you mama's later
#18 of 510 Old 07-31-2006, 12:14 AM

Hi all! Yeah they wasted no time giving us the boot from the pregnancy forum.

Aurora is six and a half weeks old and I feel like we graduated this week, in a way. We had a followup with her cardiologist and she surprised the heck out of him by...having no murmur! It's GONE! She's completely better. He had another doctor listen too, he was so surprised. We are so thankful. She will never have to think about this, ever, except when we tell her the story of her first weeks. No more cardiology visits, no more chest x-rays, no antibiotics before seeing the dentist!

We also saw our midwives for the last time. I'm going to miss seeing them all the time! They weighed and measured her, and she's now 23 inches long and almost 13 lbs. Wow. She's getting really strong, too, she loves to sit upright on our laps and hold her head up and try to look around at everything. She smiles a lot, and laughs in her sleep. She seems to be a pretty happy baby and we're more in love with her than ever before.
#19 of 510 Old 07-31-2006, 03:00 AM

ruby is asleep in my arms as i type this, and i'm a happy happy mama.
glad to hear auroras heart is better!!
i cant believe sam is 3 months, i loved the slideshow. i may do my own

still fighting thrush here too. its mild but annoying. ruby smiles a lot now and is starting to get chatty. it just gets better every day.

time to sleep. more tomorrow!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#20 of 510 Old 07-31-2006, 10:40 AM

RachelD and congrats on your little one.

Awesome slideshow Sarah!

Kinda busy right now but I'll be posting up some pics later today of Elijah.
#21 of 510 Old 07-31-2006, 01:04 PM

sehbub - lovely slideshow! :

chiromama - as always loving Ruby's blog...she's so sweet. (and confession: I mobyed Mikey facing out too!)

BSD - so glad to hear the murmur is gone! yay!!

earthmama - i could do the listening to them breath thing for hours too (well...except for the 3 older girls and dh!) but he is so cute at night now he'll not want to nurse but will just cuddle up with me instead...sweet bliss...

#22 of 510 Old 07-31-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom
earthmama - i could do the listening to them breath thing for hours too
me too...: I love to just lay there and watch him sleep..
#23 of 510 Old 07-31-2006, 06:20 PM

still battling thrush too! how long is it supposed to last or take to heal. We started our medicines on thurs. so its been 5days counting today. we're taking nystatin, gen violet, and nipple cream for me. yuck it hurts! his mouth looks better, no white that i can see, but it still hurts when i nurse. my nipples have little cracks in them. ouch!

time flies when you have 3 kids!! i can't believe he was 4wks yesterday and i never scheduled his 2wk appt....yikes!! i guess we missed that one! does that make me a bad mommy? i had the best of intentions and the days just seemed to fly by.
#24 of 510 Old 07-31-2006, 06:37 PM

hannah is 6 wks today.... wow time flies! but im will post more later!!!!
#25 of 510 Old 08-01-2006, 08:03 AM

wow, Avery was 7 weeks yesterday! I cannot believe it and he already is so his own little person already! Maybe it is because he is my second child, everything is just so much, well, "chiller" this time around, if that makes any sense. I dont have time to read into every little thing that is going on with him, I just take each day and try to enjoy the heck out of it with my boys

Anywho - I think I am changing my cd stash, again. DH thinks I am crazy. I had gotten a bunch of fuzzibunz from a mama here locally and I truly loved them. So I decided I was going to save up enough $$ to change our whole stash over to pockets. But about a week or so ago, I decided to use my prefolds just to change it up and I found the prefold love again! I just think I like the natural fiber better - esp in the wicked heat. So I think I am going to stick w/ prefolds and wool. His diaper area seems to be better, and it is definately better for the budget, too!

I love having a baby around! MAn, the newborn phase IS ending, it was a tough couple of weeks though.

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#26 of 510 Old 08-01-2006, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies
still battling thrush too! how long is it supposed to last or take to heal. We started our medicines on thurs. so its been 5days counting today. we're taking nystatin, gen violet, and nipple cream for me. yuck it hurts! his mouth looks better, no white that i can see, but it still hurts when i nurse. my nipples have little cracks in them. ouch!

time flies when you have 3 kids!! i can't believe he was 4wks yesterday and i never scheduled his 2wk appt....yikes!! i guess we missed that one! does that make me a bad mommy? i had the best of intentions and the days just seemed to fly by.
i don't know on the thrush, our case is so mild, i've just been using yogurt inside his mouth and that and acv on my nips (i don't have pain thank God!) and even though both have kept it from getting worse and made it a bit better, i still notice the white patches on the inside of his cheeks, so i keep up with the yogurt about 2-3x/day.

i don't really do well visits so if you are a bad mommy for skipping the 2wk, so am i! LOL i do have an 8wk set up but that's b/c i have to take my dd2 in for her school check-up and i have to get a blood draw anyway...

mikey was 7wks on saturday. he's sleeping in the moby as i type. i was just reading my baby books on the girls and he is the same size dd3 was at 2 1/2 months! he's definitely no newborn anymore. i love the mornings where he is so alert and gregarious - smiling and almost laughing and just laying on his back kicking with no diaper on...trying to talk to us...it's freaking adorable!!

i too am just taking each day and trying to enjoy it fully. i have one more month of being off work and no school for the girls so it's heaven just not having to be somewhere and do something and just getting up when we want to...lovin' it!!

#27 of 510 Old 08-01-2006, 12:11 PM

Hi mamas!!!

Marlow is 13 weeks now and about 12 lbs. She looks ginormous though!

She's finally coming out of her crying all the time phase. It could be that I fully cut dairy and caffeine out of my diet. It's totally worth it. She'll smile and coo all day long now.

She's in between her size 0 and size 1 kissaluvs. I prefer to keep her in the 1s so the elastic on the legs is loose enough to not leave her legs pruned looking. She can fit 3-6 month old size clothing now too. Her Ped. says she's pretty much caught up to her age for size now.

I love how her ears are starting to stick out now too! They used to be so soft and stuck to her head.

I'm still battling with the ILs on many aspects of raising a baby. They REALLY want us to start her on cereal (they wanted us to give her rice cereal at 2 weeks). I'm not sure why they are so concerned that she sleep through the night because they never have to care for her (and they live 4 hours away) but it seems to be such a worry to them. But I've read that the cereal doesn't always make them sleep longer. But she sleep about 4-5 hours at a stretch as it is and I'm good with that.

I'm back to work now and still taking courses at the University. Luckily my supervisor is letting me work part-time and keep all my benefits so I can finish my degree during the work day while Lee is home with the babe.

Our diaper covers are really holding in some stink. Can anyone recommend a way to rid the covers of the smell? We use homemade laundry soap but sometimes Lee does a vinegar rinse first. TIA
#28 of 510 Old 08-01-2006, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Lindsey- got your package - thanks!
nak...

Hi all, I started this thread and now just getting back!!

For thrush- I used all the rxs etc and finally I attacked it full force w Grapefruit seed extract. I made a liquid of 1 oz water and 15-20 drops of the gfe. I swabbed this in Maggies mouth whenever we did a diaper change and I swabbed my nipples as well. I also took the pill of it twice a day. We did this for 7 days and it is gone gone gone after 8 weeks of it. The gse also cured my yeast infection, btw

Maggie went for a checkup and is 10lbs! She is 2 mos old correctd today but the ped said she is moving along at about 4 mos or so. So she is catching up.

CD- I am fbs small and KLs 1s. But w this heat, if the diaper is wet, Maggie chaffes (sp) on her skin. She gets pink in the sun and redness if the wet dipe is near her skin. Takes after her Daddy w sensitive skin. So for tummy time she sits naked and rolls over and is happy naked.

She coos and laughs and is a very happy baby. Not bad what she has been thru!

August is World Breastfeeding Month. and this week is Breastfeeding week. Is your local LLL chapter doing anything? We are doing a walk on Saturday to raise money. I donated 4 passes to the zoo for auction/raffle after the walk. I also wrote a check since the leaders and members were so wonderful to us after Maggie was born.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#29 of 510 Old 08-01-2006, 03:01 PM

We are FINALLY starting to CD! and Hannah has already almost outgrown all the dipes I have right now! (still waiting to get my stash back from a mama here & my cousin to give me her stash!) but I think I am just going to buy some in the meantime..............anyone have a favorite diaper they're using???? I am also looking for a diaper to go through the night for DD1 and DD2
#30 of 510 Old 08-01-2006, 03:27 PM

I still love to watch my 4 yo sleep! But yes, this little guy has my heart. I love to watch him nurse too, he's so sweet and peaceful. I even had to take pics so I could remember it forever. I still can't stop sniffing him and kissing him and nuzzling his cheeks. He's so yummy!

I think he may have reflux, or some sort of unpleasant tummy issue. We have an appt tomorrow and I'm going to bring it up AGAIN. I've told several docs about this, one more than once, and everyone seems to think he's fine. I've known since he was just a few days old there's something wrong with his stomach and no one will listen to me. Its frustrating and breaks my heart to see him so uncomfortable. We've been using Hyland's colic tablets, but they don't help much.

He'll be 6 weeks on Friday. Not too many smiles yet and no cooing. I think its because he's hurting. Most of the day he cries, so it makes sense he wouldn't be too smilie. I really hope we can get him feeling better soon.

Oh and I have a killer headache too. It started the week before he was born and hasn't let up since. The pain is coming from my neck. I get 2 adjustments a week but it hasn't helped the pain. Even Ibuprofen doesn't take much of an edge off, and I'm taking 3 at a time. I HATE taking drugs, but its so bad I can't take care of the kids.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page