The BEST baby product you own? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 82 Old 08-31-2006, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Somebody gave DS the cutest belt when he was just a baby. It's leather with a little horse on the buckle. He's three now and still has not developed a bootie so we use that belt constantly. I can't find another belt to fit him anywhere so we really have to keep up with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 82 Old 08-31-2006, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Boppy
Boobs
Ring Sling
Infant Prefolds/Premiums great burp cloths

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#63 of 82 Old 08-31-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:

I love my crib...no flames please. It has a door so I don't have to lower the baby in and when he wakes I open the door and nurse him right back to sleep. With my DD i have actually gotten in and fallen asleep in the crib with her.
OMG!!! I so often wished a crib with a door existed! Where, where, where did you get it? We also co-slept and I'm really glad we did, but I would have loved for her to have napped in her crib. I *never* could get mine into the crib without waking her. My arms are too short!
#64 of 82 Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 PM

the boppy was. when he was 0-3 months. i also used it to sit on after the birth.

a door would be nice.
#65 of 82 Old 08-31-2006, 11:44 PM

The thing that I absolutely could not live without was my sling. I had a very high needs baby. We got a stroller and we hardly ever used it. I hated trying to maneuver the thing down crowded store aisles and getting on and off the bus was a nightmare. And my dd hated it so I ended up pushing it empty and trying to carrying her. My Bjorn killed my shoulders so I couldn't use it for very long. One day I found a sling on a parking meter and it was the answer to my prayers. I used my maya wrap until my dd was 35 pounds. I see women lugging their kids around in their arms while doing all kinds of things and I don't know how they do it.

If there were a next time, I would get a moby wrap.
#66 of 82 Old 09-01-2006, 12:49 AM

My internet connection! How else would I find answers to all my questions?!?
#67 of 82 Old 09-01-2006, 01:19 AM

~breasts
~the sling or the pouch, whichever is closest at hand
~my 7y/o who can hold his sister just long enough for me to get dinner ready

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#68 of 82 Old 09-01-2006, 01:56 AM

Breasts, oh and nipples too, need those... Bouncey seat, doorway jumper, need that so little one can watch the going's on. If I put him on the floor, big brother thinks he's fair game to pick up by the ankles. Oh and the Boppy, I must have my Boppy, low slung breasts and heavy baby must be havin' some support!
#69 of 82 Old 09-01-2006, 03:21 AM

My mom thinks this one is a dumb one but I love my baby bath tub. So nice to not have to fill the whole tub. It has a seat thing in it which makes her more comfortable.

I also adore the rear facing mirror as well.

Please don't flame.... : but I love her swing. I bought the Fisher Price Power Plus swing. It runs on batteries and plugs in. When DH was gone, the swing let me shower, eat, cook, clean litter box, essentials like that. It plays clasical music.

I have the infantino carrier and I love it. The mommys here are making me think I want a sling as well.....

I had to induce lactaction because dd was in the NICU, I could not have lived without the lactina, and the second pump kit. Before I got that, I will admit I once ran the dishwasher 6 times in a day because I was too tired to keep washing the kit.
#70 of 82 Old 09-01-2006, 03:24 AM

My mayawrap!!!!! I swear that and a few cloth dipes and I would be set--no need for the other crap!

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#71 of 82 Old 09-01-2006, 04:04 AM

My boppy. Great for b/fing.
Also, I have to say I can't live w/o my 11 year old! He is the only one that can keep DD entertained while I'm doing things around the house. They're inseperable! He says he can't wait until she's 15 and he's 25 so he can spoil her and scare her boyfriends away!
#72 of 82 Old 09-01-2006, 12:23 PM

My sling! Doubles as a diaper bag for short trips too.
#73 of 82 Old 09-01-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Yoga ball! My knees were giving out on me with all the bouncing to sleep I had been doing by 2 weeks old.
I'm bouncing on a yoga ball with the sleeping babe in a MT as I write this...I'd never survive without the MT and a yoga ball, and my dd is almost 11 months old!

-chelsea dust.gif
#74 of 82 Old 09-01-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Of_60
Do you mean the ones that have sleeves, but are open on the bottoms with a slight elastized hem? I HATED those things!! They were such a pain my arse to get over her head and get her arms in the sleeves. She screamed everytime. I just gave a bunch away.

But on the topic of clothes, I love those sleep sacks! Hubby likes to keep it COLD in here, so she often wears one for the first portion of the night when I'm not there to keep her warm.
That's the kind I like too. I had problems with the elastic bottom kind but loved the fleecy ones that zip or snap up the front. I liked them so much I made my own pattern for them for summertime. The sack type sleepers seem to only come in small sizes, so I made a pattern that ds and dd wore up until they started walking (and even a little after). They were a raglan sleeve gown/sack with sleeve cuffs that folded up or down (so you could use them longer, they didn't outgrow them so quickly) and a very long "sack" portion on the bottom. I put snaps all the way up the front of the gown/sack. They were so awesome. No pulling over bobble-heads involve. Just lay them open and lay baby in and snap up. And diaper changes only involved unsnapping the bottom half, then resnapping it. The only thing I didn't like about these was that if you wanted to use them in a carseat, you had to scrunch everything up between the legs. I think you could put a carseat strap opening in them if you wanted to, but I never did. I sure loved these gowns though.
#75 of 82 Old 09-02-2006, 05:47 PM

my MT. really all my carriers, but I currently LOVE my (buckle) MT. can not live without it.
#76 of 82 Old 09-02-2006, 07:19 PM

My lifesaves is my breastpump. I had two pretty nasty infections at the start of breastfeeding that left me having to pump. They kept coming back and without my pump I would not be able to give my little man breastmilk!
#77 of 82 Old 09-02-2006, 07:37 PM

Boobs, peanut shell, swing.

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#78 of 82 Old 09-02-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemom2
no need for the other crap!
Unless you have twins!

I currently adore (again) our Kissaluvs...not one single blowout yet, and you cannot fathom how many of these we use in a week!
Also love the Swaddle Me fllece blanket, my Hotsling, and Baby Jogger City Series Double Stroller (can fit one twin, one toddler and steer with one hand while the other twin is slung sooooo nicely!).

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#79 of 82 Old 09-02-2006, 11:35 PM

My twin nursing pillow. Don't know what I'd do without it!
www.doubleblessings.com
#80 of 82 Old 09-03-2006, 12:19 AM

my mei-tai. it's a baby fairies pack-pack, but she doesn't sell them anymore so i'm not going to put the link. i got it when ds 1 was 2 months old and i have definately gotten my money's worth and so much more from that simple little thing. i use it ALL the time and grocery shopping with my 5 month old and my 18 month old would be impossible without it.
my stroller. it's a phil and ted's e3 with a double's kit. my boys are only 12 months apart and though i hardley ever use the second seat to actually set my younger one in, i love that it's there for when i do need to set him down. but mostly it just holds all of our stuff while we're out an about and though now ds 1 can walk pretty much the majority of the time, at 12 months he wasn't to that stage yet and i couldn't easily wear him AND a newborn. now he pretty much just rides in it when we got on long walks. i got it from http://www.letsgostrolling.com
prefolds. i heart my prefolds SO much. they're inexpensive, durable, and so versatile.
#81 of 82 Old 09-03-2006, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes'sBeth
My internet connection! How else would I find answers to all my questions?!?
:
#82 of 82 Old 09-03-2006, 01:46 AM

Our cloth diapers and hotsling.

Although the boobs and big sister are both very helpful, too.

Proud Anti-Adoption, Atheist, Reproductive-Freedom Fighter Mama
Rylie is 7, Ronin is 3.5

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page